Spotify

Moderator: menime123

Postby SholasBoy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:57 pm

Topics merged
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Chun » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:59 pm

Thank you. What a great feature to merge topics.
Chun
Legend

Postby Virgostar » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:58 pm

Oh Chun, you make me giggle. :lol:
Let's embrace the point of no return.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:09 am

Virgostar wrote:Oh Chun, you make me giggle. :lol:
He scares me. :lol: 8-)
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Chun » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:20 am

CrazyCrazy wrote:
Virgostar wrote:Oh Chun, you make me giggle. :lol:
He scares me. :lol: 8-)
No it does not seem right like you read it, now after it has been merged. I made a new thread and was all alone posting, only some other Chuns helped me out.
Chun
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:26 am

You're my fave Chun though. :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Chun » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:29 am

Thank you.
Chun
Legend

Postby toni_pest » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:41 am

Sotify issued the Review of the Year https://www.spotify.com/us/2013/

Daft Punk's Get Lucky holds the record for most plays in a day - 1,5 million

The most streamed song ever is Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' Thrift Shop with over 150 million plays.

The most played female artist of the year is Rihanna, the most played male Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. Most popular band are Imagine Dragons and most popular playist is Billboard Hot 100.

The most popular track of the year is Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' Can't Hold Us and they also have the most popular album of the year with The Heist

Most viral track (not sure what that means) is Get Lucky, while the most viral new artist is Lorde.

Also some random playlist hits:
Best one hit wonder - Vanilla Ice Ice Ice Baby
Best driving songs - Queen Bohemian Rhapsody
Best party starter - Avicii Levels
Best song to get over an ex - Adele Someone Like You
Best guilty pleasue - Journey Don't Stop Believing
Best hangover cure - Bruno Mars The Lazy Song
Best work-out song - Survivor Eye of the Tiger
Best Monday song - The Bangles Manic Monday
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:46 pm

Don't people hear enough of Rihanna on the radio!? :-? :lol:

Still not in to this tbh, it's a great idea but I don't like the idea of paying just to stream? That is what it is isn't it?
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Merci » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:51 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:Don't people hear enough of Rihanna on the radio!? :-? :lol:

Still not in to this tbh, it's a great idea but I don't like the idea of paying just to stream? That is what it is isn't it?
you can also listen for free on your pc/laptop (and soon on mobile) there are short ads every now and then, though
I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby Cmyk » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:02 pm

Merci wrote:
CrazyCrazy wrote:Don't people hear enough of Rihanna on the radio!? :-? :lol:

you can also listen for free on your pc/laptop (and soon on mobile) there are short ads every now and then, though
Unless you listen to the older stuff. Then ads are very rare.
Cmyk
Manager

Postby Kai » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:06 pm

^ Yes, but only half a year, afterwards it's limited to 10 hours.
My six months are gone now, but I chose their current special "Premium free for one month" and afterwards I guess I will choose the 4.99 EUR option.

I thought the same, but you can listen to 99% of the music that is available to buy (except some special bonus tracks of international editions, sometimes)! And this is crazy! You don't have to always select a new song on YouTube, you don't have to play YouTube videos that you actually only want to listen to, you can make easily playlists, you can create your own radio channel according to what you like, you can easily scrobble to Last.fm.

I love it. Since I use Spotify, I listen to way more music A N D I discover way more music, because you always have the overview of the complete discography of an artist :)

And the best thing: It's a good thing to do something legal. And to support the artists. I know they earn less than from buying a CD, but I have for instance Katie Melua and Tony Bennett on my playlist, I really enjoy listening to their albums but I'd never buy an album of them. So now, they earn money with me :)
Kai
Manager

Postby Merci » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:51 pm

10 hours a day or a month? :o :lol:
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby Kai » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:23 pm

A month, unfortunately. Well, will be enough for some. It's not enough for one day for me :lol:
Kai
Manager

Postby ShayLaB » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:00 pm

Kai wrote:^ Yes, but only half a year, afterwards it's limited to 10 hours.
My six months are gone now, but I chose their current special "Premium free for one month" and afterwards I guess I will choose the 4.99 EUR option.

I thought the same, but you can listen to 99% of the music that is available to buy (except some special bonus tracks of international editions, sometimes)! And this is crazy! You don't have to always select a new song on YouTube, you don't have to play YouTube videos that you actually only want to listen to, you can make easily playlists, you can create your own radio channel according to what you like, you can easily scrobble to Last.fm.

I love it. Since I use Spotify, I listen to way more music A N D I discover way more music, because you always have the overview of the complete discography of an artist :)

And the best thing: It's a good thing to do something legal. And to support the artists. I know they earn less than from buying a CD, but I have for instance Katie Melua and Tony Bennett on my playlist, I really enjoy listening to their albums but I'd never buy an album of them. So now, they earn money with me :)
I signed up the very first day it was available in the UK and now have a premium mobile account.

It is absolutely the best way to listen/discover music.

The only people who worry about not owning the music will be people who have not tried. I am an old fart that had thousands of CDs. Seventy five percent of them have now gone to the charity shop and the rest are gathering dust on a shelf. Ten years from now virtually nobody will be buying CDs and nowhere will sell them. The need to own music is understandable but short term.
ShayLaB
Manager

Postby JimJim » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:58 am

I disagree, I've had it for a year or so and think it's great and all, but I still want the mp3s. In fact, most of the time I find myself going off to buy the stuff or ripping it from Spotify if I can't find it elsewhere.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:03 am

^ Exactly.

Listening on my antique iPod Classic >>>> streaming

This is good for the listen before you buy policy though.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Thriller » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:02 am

I hate the idea of streaming one day counting toward the charts, it's as unfair as airplay. I could rant all day about it.

Anyway, I never use Spotify anymore because a) I hate the adverts and refuse to buy premium mainly because b) I find the format clunky and it crashes too much and c) the catalogue isn't actually that brilliant, a lot of songs I search for they only have karaoke versions.

Deezer and Grooveshark, despite beign browser-based and relying on a good net connection (which I have) >>>> Spotify
Thriller

Postby Kai » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:37 pm

Grooveshark is not available in Germany :(

Why do you prefer Deezer? :)
Kai
Manager

Postby Cmyk » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:42 pm

Kai wrote:A month, unfortunately. Well, will be enough for some. It's not enough for one day for me :lol:
It's free again. My music GOD is free again! :D
Cmyk
Manager

Postby ShayLaB » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:10 pm

Thriller wrote:I hate the idea of streaming one day counting toward the charts, it's as unfair as airplay. I could rant all day about it.

Anyway, I never use Spotify anymore because a) I hate the adverts and refuse to buy premium mainly because b) I find the format clunky and it crashes too much and c) the catalogue isn't actually that brilliant, a lot of songs I search for they only have karaoke versions.

Deezer and Grooveshark, despite beign browser-based and relying on a good net connection (which I have) >>>> Spotify
There is a huge difference between airplay and streaming one day counting towards the charts. One is a select few imposing their playlists on the rest of us, the other reflects the listening preferences of the service consumers.

I have the mobile version which means I can download and listen without a internet connection. That also allows me to share the account with other family members without any real disruption...most of these services are on a per user basis.
ShayLaB
Manager

Postby MrFawwaz » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:21 am

In Malaysia, Spotify has launched in April 2013. Spotify within Asia is very different, they did not have the Unlimited account type and the listening time after six months in Asia will remain unlimited.
1 MALAYSIA, Rakyat Didahulukan, Pencapaian Diutamakan
MrFawwaz
Groupie

Postby Rihab » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:24 am

toni_pest wrote:The most played female artist of the year is Rihanna, the most played male Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.
And 2013 was a flop year for her. Image
Rihab
Legend

Postby Kai » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:54 am

Spotify cancelled the restriction to listen to music for free users. Until yesterday, free users were restricted to listen to music after their six-month-trial. Depending on the country, you could only listen between 2.5 and 10 hours of music at your computer. Now there is no restriction anymore, because Spotify earns enough with ads and premium users.

This is a milestone in the streaming history because Spotify is the first and only streaming service to do so.

http://news.spotify.com/uk/2014/01/15/n ... yourmusic/
Kai
Manager

Postby Merci » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:31 am

Yaaaaass

January 16, 2014 that day will go DOWN in historih!

one small step for spotify, one giant leap for streaming!
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Return to Internet & Technology