The Pokémon Discussion Thread (incl. Pokémon GO!)

Postby Tansike » Wed May 07, 2014 4:59 pm

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Watch here!

Announcing Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems! Prepare for an epic adventure exploring a world filled with Pokémon!

Pokémon fans first enjoyed Pokémon Ruby Version and Pokémon Sapphire Version when it launched in 2003 for the Game Boy Advance. Now, a whole new generation of Pokémon fans will experience the dramatic storyline that unfolds in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

Look forward to Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire when the games launch worldwide in November 2014!
another source

:o :o :o
Tansike
Legend

Postby VanillaVilla » Wed May 07, 2014 5:05 pm

But Pokemon X and Y have literally only just come out, they could've waited a bit before this. Jeez, give it a minute :o

I still love Pokemon though. Any other information on these new games?
This night is dedicated to everyone who believes in a future of peace and freedom
You know who you are – we are unity and we are unstoppable

- last.fm -
VanillaVilla
Personal Assistant

Postby Merci » Wed May 07, 2014 5:16 pm

VanillaVilla wrote:But Pokemon X and Y have literally only just come out, they could've waited a bit before this. Jeez, give it a minute :o

I still love Pokemon though. Any other information on these new games?
they'll be released 13 months after X & Y

I think that's not bad, plus Nintendo needs the coins
I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby Storyteller » Wed May 07, 2014 5:30 pm

Omg I’ve been waiting years for this, So Excited!!!!
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Tansike » Wed May 07, 2014 5:44 pm

This was my most favorite generation so i'm really excited. X & Y were actually pretty disappointing after all, so i hope this will be better.

what can we expect though? Same storyline like Ruby/Sapphire but with the design from X & Y?
Tansike
Legend

Postby Storyteller » Wed May 07, 2014 5:48 pm

Tansike wrote:This was my most favorite generation so i'm really excited. X & Y were actually pretty disappointing after all, so i hope this will be better.

what can we expect though? Same storyline like Ruby/Sapphire but with the design from X & Y?
I suppose we’ll get a shot of new Mega-evolutions anyway. I hope they add a bit more adventures after the Pokemon League too. This is my fav generation besides Gen II, so I hope they do a good job on it. It’s gonna looks so different though, compared to the other remakes, it’ll be like playing a different game.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Hermes » Wed May 07, 2014 7:36 pm

I knew this would come sonner or later, that's exciting ! I've played Sapphire once and I'm not very familiar with it at all, so that's a good opportunity to get into it again.
I would not mind mega-evolutions, though that would look weird for a generation that did not include them... but I'm here for it if X/Y design is all over it. :D
Hermes
Manager

Postby Shorty » Wed May 07, 2014 10:06 pm

LMAO X and Y didn't just come out, they came out last year!

But OMG I'm excited for this!! :D Gen 3 has always been one of my faves, so I can't wait to see how they'll improve it!

HeartGold & SoulSilver were amazing so I have high hopes for these. I know how I'll be spending my November :lol:
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby JimJim » Thu May 08, 2014 7:37 am

This was obviously coming up, didn't expect the titles though, they're a little odd by Pokemon standards.

Anyways, I looooveed Sapphire when I first played it on the DS back in like 2006.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby Damiennatas1 » Thu May 08, 2014 9:20 am

Ruby is definitely one of my favourite Pokemon games, could be my favourite! I'm soooooooo excited for this! :D

I'm expecting mega evolutions for Milotic and Metagross definitely! Maybe the starters too and possibly Shiftry and Ludicilo?!

I'm also hoping for a second region in the game, although it's highly doubtful after they've been confirmed as just remakes.
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby Tansike » Thu May 08, 2014 1:30 pm

It's confirmed to be in Hoenn, so it seems to be definitely a remake for Ruby/Sapphire :cry: :cry:

A dream comes true. Can't wait for november tbh

I'm a bit afraid that i won't love it as much as i did back then though due to the new style/design etc. But i'm really excited.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Spartan » Thu May 08, 2014 6:10 pm

I was really hoping they'd remake the Gen. II games. Those Pokémon are my favourites. I don't mind Hoenn but I'm not a fan of the starters, though Blaziken is awesome.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Shorty » Thu May 08, 2014 11:32 pm

Spartan wrote:I was really hoping they'd remake the Gen. II games. Those Pokémon are my favourites. I don't mind Hoenn but I'm not a fan of the starters, though Blaziken is awesome.
LOL they already remade the Gen II games like 3 years ago.... :lol: Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver! Where were you then?

The Gen III games were the first ones I actually finished the entire game on, including the Pokedex! I only ever played on an emulator though, and I finally got an Emerald cartridge about 3 or 4 years ago, I was so happy! But unless I use my old DS, I can't play it anymore cos the 3DS has no Gameboy Advance capabilities :-?
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby jrnleblanc » Fri May 09, 2014 12:52 am

I'm ready for the slayage! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Red & Blue - 27 million
Yellow - 8 million
Gold & Silver - 23 million
Crystal - 4 million
Ruby & Sapphire - 16 million
Emerald - 6 million
Diamond & Pearl - 18 million
Platinum - 7 million
Black & White - 15 million
Black 2 & White 2 - 8 million
X & Y - 12 million (so far)

FireRed & LeafGreen - 12 million
HeartGold & SoulSilver - 13 million

Total - 169 million :cry:

I'm guessing Nintendo has another 10+ million seller on their hands.
jrnleblanc
Manager

Postby Hermes » Fri May 09, 2014 4:31 pm

^ Wow, those sales are massive. When will Adele and the others ?

Damiennatas1 wrote:I'm expecting mega evolutions for Milotic and Metagross definitely! Maybe the starters too and possibly Shiftry and Ludicolo?!
I like your suggestions ! I think Mega-evos for weaker or neglected Pokemon such as Plusle & Minun, Tropius, etc... would be nice, too.
Hermes
Manager

Postby Spartan » Fri May 09, 2014 4:54 pm

Shorty wrote:
Spartan wrote:I was really hoping they'd remake the Gen. II games. Those Pokémon are my favourites. I don't mind Hoenn but I'm not a fan of the starters, though Blaziken is awesome.
LOL they already remade the Gen II games like 3 years ago.... :lol: Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver! Where were you then?
Having a life. :lol: I'm so gonna buy one of them, though it'll be weird to have played the amazing X/Y graphics, then go back to the more basic ones.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Damiennatas1 » Fri May 09, 2014 10:20 pm

X & Y graphics are indeed near perfect for a Pokemon game (especially after the horrid B & W style graphics) but the HG SS graphics are clean and crisp. I love them and are probably still my favourite Pokemon games. :D
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby Damiennatas1 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:37 pm

So yeah, Mega Sceptile and Swampert look effing awesome 8-)
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby Tansike » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:14 pm

Mega Metagross joins the fight in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire! & MORE

Oh... My... GOOOD I'm literally crying from happiness. This will be so epic. The game i played so many years ago is coming back. So many beautiful memories to Ruby/Sapphire, definitely the best generation!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mega Sceptile looks amazing too :cry: :cry: :cry:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Shorty » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:47 am

I want to hear more about the game's features and the graphics, and less about the mega evolutions :-? I don't really care about the mega evos too much :lol:
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby Tansike » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:55 am

A few new Mega Pokémon were announced lately:

Mega Audino

Mega Slowbro

Mega Altaria

Mega Lopunny

Mega Salamence

Altaria & Audino look great!! :o

so i guess it's possible to catch newer Pokémon too, not only the ones you could catch in the original Ruby/Sapphire... interesting!

btw... i'm SO excited... i just started to play Ruby again nearly two weeks ago and i already won against Steven yesterday :oops: But was so fun, so even more excited for these new ones! :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Hugo » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:29 am

The mega evolution designs have been awesome!
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Damiennatas1 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:55 am

I'm not a huge fan of Mega Slowbro, Salemence and Metagross. But Mega Altaria looks awesome! That'll definitely be on my team!

My team so far as planned (subject to change... :lol: )

Sceptile
Altaria
Kyogre
Metagross (because we're getting a shiny Beldum)
Zigzagoon
(Undecided)

I've never had this many mons that can mega evolve on one team before. Gonna be so op :lol:
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby Tansike » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:40 am

After seeing Mega Altaria i also want this in my team now...

My team for Ruby was:

Sceptile
Shiftry
Breloom
Swellow
Aggron
Linoone (HM slave)

i love plant as you can see...
But yeah, after playing the whole Ruby again i saw that there are SO many good Pokémons so i guess i'll change all except Linoone (for HM) and Sceptile... add Altaria (instead of Swellow) and Metagross (instead of Aggron, is better anyway) and then there's still space for two more :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Shorty » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:41 pm

People jumping on the Altaria bandwagon after it got a mega evo :lol: I've loved Altaria since the original Ruby & Sapphire came out, now everybody is loving it :lol: IT LOOKS SO FLUFFY SQUEEEEEEEE :D

I don't plan my teams before the game, I just play and catch whatever I want then about halfway through the game I decide on my team. I definitely will catch an Altaria though cos it's one of my faves and was on my original team back in the day.

BTW Mega Slowbro is ugly :-? Why the hell did Lopunny get a mega evo for this game?! It's not even that great of a Pokemon, I don't understand why they gave it a mega evo. Not surprised Salamence got one, they love giving the Dragons their mega evos.
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Return to Internet & Technology