The Pokémon Discussion Thread (incl. Pokémon GO!)

Moderator: menime123

Postby Spartan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:25 pm

So Volbeat and Illuminise aren’t regionals? Awesome.

What’s the deal with Castform? I’m not overly familiar with Gen III, but does it have something to do with the weather?
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:22 am

Spartan wrote:So Volbeat and Illuminise aren’t regionals? Awesome.

What’s the deal with Castform? I’m not overly familiar with Gen III, but does it have something to do with the weather?
It has 4 forms based on weather - I only need the snow one. Part of me hopes I never see it :lol:
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:44 pm

I haven't had rainy or snowy yet. But we are in England so rainy is inevitable.

Poor Paul in San Fran will probably never get snowy.
Spartan
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:45 pm

Spartan wrote:Poor Paul in San Fran will probably never get snowy.
My struggle is real :cry: Your sympathy is much appreciated, though. <3

I had a pretty productive day up there today, though! Managed to catch the first Rayquaza I tried (which helped restore my faith in my ability to aim Poké Balls after the Kytastrophy), stocked up on Candy for Pokémon I never see down in my burb (Wailmer, Wingull, Surskit, etc.), and even stumbled across a shiny Aron (my first besides the Community Day Pikachu!) :D

I’ve still yet to see a single Chimecho in the wild, though...
phoenix98
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:47 pm

As I've never caught a legendary...do they actually appear in your pokedex and can you leave them in gyms? As I've never actually seen one defending a gym other than the ones you can catch.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Spartan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:49 pm

Are Chimeco available?

I got a shiny Aron too. My first shiny, apparently there are shiny Swablu as well.

MYSTIC7 (a Pokémon YouTube vlogger) caught a snowy day Castform and he’s in Los Angeles. Apparently it was when it was foggy so you may stand a chance.
Spartan
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:55 pm

SholasBoy wrote:As I've never caught a legendary...do they actually appear in your pokedex and can you leave them in gyms? As I've never actually seen one defending a gym other than the ones you can catch.
They do show in your Dex, and you can use them to attack Gyms (or Raid Bosses)...but you can’t leave them to defend Gyms.

I’m pretty OK with that, though, since they are kind of a hassle to get (and I wouldn’t really want to deal with Gyms made up of something like Blissey, Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Groudon, and Kyogre.) :lol:
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:56 pm

Blissey is the supreme biatch of gyms.
Spartan
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:08 pm

Spartan wrote:Are Chimeco available?

I got a shiny Aron too. My first shiny, apparently there are shiny Swablu as well.

MYSTIC7 (a Pokémon YouTube vlogger) caught a snowy day Castform and he’s in Los Angeles. Apparently it was when it was foggy so you may stand a chance.
I’ve seen one at a Gym, so they’re out there somewhere (and I haven’t read anything about it being yet another regional...)

Congrats :D The red eyes are a pretty nice touch.

Ah, should’ve known you were a MYSTIC7 groupie ;) That does explain that upcoming trip to LA you mentioned. Fog is definitely more likely than snow , so **fingers crossed** for some of that in the near future...
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:14 pm

Love Mystic, seems like such a cool guy. How he can release 20 minutes of new Pokémon content a day for the last 18 months I’ll never know.
Spartan
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:22 pm

Spartan wrote:Love Mystic, seems like such a cool guy. How he can release 20 minutes of new Pokémon content a day for the last 18 months I’ll never know.
He knows how to keep his fans satisfied. 8-)

I’m honestly not too familiar with his work - he just came to my attention when he served as one of the main guests/speakers at that “Pokémon GO Fest” in Chicago last year (wasn’t there myself, but saw some of the footage.) He cute (and he plays for at least one of my teams...) ;)
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:24 pm

phoenix98 wrote:
Spartan wrote:Love Mystic, seems like such a cool guy. How he can release 20 minutes of new Pokémon content a day for the last 18 months I’ll never know.
He knows how to keep his fans satisfied. 8-)

I’m honestly not too familiar with his work - he just came to my attention when he served as one of the main guests/speakers at that “Pokémon GO Fest” in Chicago last year (wasn’t there myself, but saw some of the footage.) He cute (and he plays for at least one of my teams...) ;)
TeamMystic or TeamGay? I’m hoping both. :lol:
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:54 pm

SholasBoy wrote:As I've never caught a legendary...do they actually appear in your pokedex and can you leave them in gyms? As I've never actually seen one defending a gym other than the ones you can catch.
They appear in your Pokédex but you can’t leave them in a gym. You can however use them to defeat a gym or a fellow legendary in a raid.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Spartan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:03 pm

I’m on 78 for Hoenm now.
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:51 pm

Spartan wrote:I’m on 78 for Hoenm now.
I’m on 98 and on level 33. For like, forever :lol:
menime123
Legend

Postby Spartan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:55 pm

menime123 wrote:
Spartan wrote:I’m on 78 for Hoenm now.
I’m on 98 and on level 33. For like, forever :lol:
I hate you. I haven’t even seen the likes of Wingull and Bagon yet.
Spartan
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:30 pm

Spartan wrote:
menime123 wrote:I’m on 98 and on level 33. For like, forever :lol:
I hate you. I haven’t even seen the likes of Wingull and Bagon yet.
Ditto. menime is a catching MACHINE! :o

I'm on 95 from Hoenn now, and Chimecho remained the only new (non-regional) addition that I didn't come across at all during the Hoenn-only event. It did make stocking up on Swablu Candy surprisingly easy, though :lol: Looks like the Valentine's event is now live:

Happy Valentines, Trainers! Until February 15, schools of Luvdisc will be out swimming and awarding 3x Stardust for each one caught.
phoenix98
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:23 pm

Seeing all this excitement makes me want to download the game again ahaha.
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
I Bloom, Just For Youuuuu
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby SholasBoy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:19 am

I only have 46 from Hoehn so far. But then I only catch Pokémon at home or at work, it’s been a while since I’ve actually wandered out on the game. There’s still 2 Kanto Pokemon (nonregional nonlegendary) that aren’t registered as seen in my pokedex, Sandslash and Dugtrio.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Erotica » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:43 am

I'm not often going into the game, cause I don't have internet flat and I prefer the normal Pokemon games
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Spartan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:57 am

I didn’t catch anywhere near enough Swablu to evolve into an Altaria though. Shiny Luvdiscs are a thing too.

I wish the Hoenn-only event lasted longer.
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:29 pm

I’m sick of trying to catch Seablus - but I’ve over 200 candies now. Hyde Park over the weekend was full of them. A walk home from work today and I caught like 50 Luvdiscs. Pokédex of caught Pokémon now onto 330, which gives me 51 still to defund.
menime123
Legend

Postby phoenix98 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:40 pm

Spartan wrote:I didn’t catch anywhere near enough Swablu to evolve into an Altaria though. Shiny Luvdiscs are a thing too.

I wish the Hoenn-only event lasted longer.
Yeah. I figured they wanted to end it before the 14th in order to do something bigger/more interesting for Valentine's Day (like last year's pink Pokémon influx, or maybe an increase in species with gender differences, or all-female and all-male species)...but since it's just a matter of extra Luvdisc with extra Stardust (and supposedly Chansey, though I've only come across one), they could've done that while keeping the Hoenn-lockdown going for at least a full week.

Ah well. The fact that they've tried it out at least once gives me hope that they'll do it again at some point in the future.
phoenix98
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:31 am

I still haven't caught a Chansey (my favourite Poke) so was hoping this Valentines thing would do it for me, but alas no.

There seems to be a couple of "Poke Finder" maps back working online so I might have a trip out at some point.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby SummerPeur » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:51 am

SholasBoy wrote:I still haven't caught a Chansey (my favourite Poke)
Oh my god, Chansey is my favorite as well <3. (Well....Chansey and Blissey).
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
I Bloom, Just For Youuuuu
SummerPeur
Superstar

Return to Internet & Technology