The Pokémon Discussion Thread (incl. Pokémon GO!)

Postby tyguy723 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:53 pm

Storyteller wrote:The pixilation in that trailer is shocking tbh! Shows the 3DS is too outdated to handle these games.
After buying a switch now I'm ready to move on, time for a graphically amazing Pokémon adventure 8-)
tyguy723
Manager

Postby Storyteller » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:00 pm

tyguy723 wrote:
Storyteller wrote:The pixilation in that trailer is shocking tbh! Shows the 3DS is too outdated to handle these games.
After buying a switch now I'm ready to move on, time for a graphically amazing Pokémon adventure 8-)
Yeah exactly, plus they need to get their shot together regarding the story! Less cutscenes (wayyyyyyyyyyy less cutscenes, jesus) and no annoying characters like Lillie! There was a lot of hand holding in SUMO, which is fine if you're a kid or are a beginner. But ally of the people playing these games have played all of the others too. Meaning we don't need to be told everything, we don't need everything dumbed down or things like caves simplified to the point where it takes no effort at all.

Which is why I think a difficulty setting needs to be implemented on the next game.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Storyteller » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:40 pm

Anyone still playing Pokemon Go!? They've updated the gyms which is kinda cool and added raids! Though at the mom by you need to be level 35+ to access the raids :roll:
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby JimJim » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:41 pm

Pokemon GO Fest was an absolute 100% disaster.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby menime123 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:34 am

I gave up on Pokémon go weeks ago. I’m back on playing Gen 1games :lol:
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby Tansike » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:52 am

menime123 wrote:I gave up on Pokémon go weeks ago. I’m back on playing Gen 1games :lol:
sounds fun!

Can't wait til they release Gen 2 on the virtual console, really looking forward to that :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby JimJim » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:00 pm

Finally got Articuno today after 10 unsuccessful raids. It took 4 to get Lugia.

They certainly did not make it easy... Or cheap.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby Tansike » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:27 pm

I wish they would release Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon for Nintendo Switch as well :(
Tansike
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:27 pm

I don't really see the point in the releasing it for Switch yet if they want to continue their huge sales. Not everyone has one yet, where as everyone has the DS (though i guess not everyone plays on it regularly anymore - though I actually only got a 2DS for Pokemon Sun.)
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Damiennatas1 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:12 pm

People would buy the Switch purely for the first ever main Pokemon game on a home console. They'd both sell phenomenally this year, especially around Christmas. But there's no harm in waiting :wink:
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby JimJim » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:15 am

A new Pokemon RPG is confirmed for Switch in 2018 though.

Ultra Sun & Moon is just a cash-in.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby DnBLover » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:19 am

I got Lugia and Articuno at the first throw on my first two raids.

Your catch rates are not normal Jim, did you feed them Golden Razz Berries + Curve Ball?
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby JimJim » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:21 pm

DnBLover wrote:I got Lugia and Articuno at the first throw on my first two raids.

Your catch rates are not normal Jim, did you feed them Golden Razz Berries + Curve Ball?
Definitely berried, not all curved.

The catch rate for them is very low, heaps of people in the Melbourne Facebook group didn't get one until their 6th-10th attempts, especially Lugia. I think you were just very lucky!
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby DnBLover » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:34 pm

I know it's low but if you manage to hit all 6 balls with curve + Golden Razz your catch rate is about acceptable (lower than I thought though).

Catch rate calculator: https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/raidcalc#/
DnBLover
Legend

Postby JimJim » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:02 am

FML, I'm 0/5 on the first day of Moltres.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby DnBLover » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:01 pm

1/1 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DnBLover
Legend

Postby JimJim » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:51 am

Finally got Moltres on my 7th attempt! 93% IV too :D
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby phoenix98 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:40 pm

Lycanroc "Dusk Form" revealed for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon:

It's been confirmed that a new form of Lycanroc appears in the world of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon—Dusk Form. The colors of Dusk Form Lycanroc's body and eyes differ from those of previously discovered Lycanroc, Midday Form and Midnight Form.

You can't get Dusk Form Lycanroc on your team by ordinary methods, such as discovering the mysterious Pokémon in the wild.

So check back soon for news on how you can get Dusk Form Lycanroc, along with more details on the upcoming Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon games.

No mention of its type(s), but Ash's Rockruff will be evolving into this form in the next episode of the anime, so we should learn those details soon enough. It also seems highly likely that there will be some kind of "Dawn Form" in these games as well, due to the four Lycanroc form options found on the Global Link.
Last edited by phoenix98 on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Storyteller » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:46 pm

Yawn.... they really need to up their game for the next main series game, it's getting a bit pathetic.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby tyguy723 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:16 am

Storyteller wrote:Yawn.... they really need to up their game for the next main series game, it's getting a bit pathetic.
Just when I thought the series was actually changing up the game with Sun and Moon when the came back....one step forward two steps back :lol: :lol:
tyguy723
Manager

Postby Tansike » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:16 pm

^ True. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon seem kinda disappointing so far. I'll probably still get them though, need new Pokémon material in my life :lol:

Anyways, i'm freaking excited for Silver/Gold coming to the virtual console next month. Really looking forward to play them again :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:23 pm

The fact we've heard hardly anything about there games is making me increasingly worried that there isn't actually that much to reveal, if we're getting new Alola forms I would have thought they'd have revealed at least one of them by now
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Damiennatas1 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:17 pm

Why are people expecting much from USUM? Was Yellow a leap from Red and Blue? Crystal to Gold and Silver etc? The only real games that had a 'decent' sequel (still hated that gen) was Black and White 2. We didn't even get a follow up game for X and Y :lol:
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby Storyteller » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:48 pm

Damiennatas1 wrote:Why are people expecting much from USUM? Was Yellow a leap from Red and Blue? Crystal to Gold and Silver etc? The only real games that had a 'decent' sequel (still hated that gen) was Black and White 2. We didn't even get a follow up game for X and Y :lol:
I think it's because SUMO was such a let down in general! Half finished, with a lot of features, even a whole area cut from the final game. I hope these improve on SUMO but it just seems they just couldn't care less anymore.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby phoenix98 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:15 pm

CoroCoro leaks have revealed more info about Dusk Form Lycanroc:

• It can learn both "Accelerock" and "Counter"
• Its Ability is Tough Claws (This and the above pretty much dash my hopes for it being more specially-oriented, to help differentiate it from the other forms)
• It's pure-Rock (More hopes dashed)
• It can NOT be obtained in-game, only through a special Rockruff distribution

I love Rockruff's line, but this form reveal was kind of a downer for being SO similar-looking to Midday. Both Midday and Midnight are really interesting and quite distinct - now there's this uninspired-looking third form muddling up the line a bit. The in-game model in particular just looks like a new shiny version of Midday. It didn't help that this (barely) new form was our first piece of USUM news following a two-month-drought after the games' initial reveal.

In personal PoGo news, I wound up getting really lucky with the birds: Moltres and Lugia only took one attempt, while Articuno and Zapdos took two each. I don't expect this luck to last, though, and I'll probably have to attempt each of the beasts at least five times... :lol:
Last edited by phoenix98 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
phoenix98
Legend

Return to Internet & Technology