Samsung (Note 8)

Postby JimJim » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:23 am

I think Chinese phone manufacturers will soon take over the market, the offer a similar product to the big manufacturers (Apple, Samsung, LG, Sony, HTC) and sell it for about half the price. Keep an eye on Xiaomi I say.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby truthless » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:19 pm

I want that new Samsung S6 smartphone... My nexus 4 is seriously acting weird for a while now... And I just hate that camera.

Although I will wait a bit. It might go down with it's price within a few months (As usual).

The edge one is a nice gimmick. But way too expensive.
truthless
Once in a lifetime

Postby Hugo » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:53 pm

truthless wrote:I want that new Samsung S6 smartphone... My nexus 4 is seriously acting weird for a while now... And I just hate that camera.
It's time for an upgrade, great choice! I'll keep my Nexus 5 for at least another year.

The S6 is going for 699€ and the S6 Edge for 849,99€, it's cool that FNAC offers the wireless charger.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby truthless » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:56 pm

True.. Ah well Nexus 5 is a great phone :D! A friend has it too. I actually wanted to switch to that one... But why not go for the newest? And I always liked Samsung.

699€ huh... I will definitely not buy this through a contract. I actually saved some money... Hm. Nah I will wait a bit.

I'm sure, I will get it cheaper in some time.
truthless
Once in a lifetime

Postby Hugo » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:59 pm

truthless wrote:I'm sure, I will get it cheaper in some time.
The Samsung Alpha sold for almost 600€ (edit: looking at the 1st page its price was actually closer to 700€ :o :lol: ) when it came out here, you can get it for less than 400€ now :P
Last edited by Hugo on Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby truthless » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:01 pm

hugo wrote:
truthless wrote:I'm sure, I will get it cheaper in some time.
The Samsung Alpha sold for almost 600€ when it came out here, you can get it for less than 400€ now :P
Wait. That one was really 600€? It's not even that good.

True. I will definitely wait :D.
truthless
Once in a lifetime

Postby oaknuys » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:28 am

As a routine I've bought all the S Series devices since the introduction of The original Galaxy S.

Anyhow this time around i am a bit hesitant to buy or not... The cons of S6 are quite much to take this time around...

*Non User Changeable Battery: (this one aint no biggie for me though as i never bought a spare battery for my phones, thus I always pretended as if my phones are having fixed batteries lol)

*No SD Card or External Memory Feature: What?!!! After maneuvering it for ages samsung has suddenly decided it's time to let go such precious feature! Hmmm take notice 64 or 128GB versions are relatively having a heftier price tags thus media users such me should invest bigger this time around :(

*No Water Proofing: ?! Taking a step back ?! Seriously? S5 had that feature and it gave a great deal of peace of mind... Donno why they omitted it for the S6... At least accidental liquid damages could have been nicely avoided

*Glass Back Cover: alright! Having glass is totally wonderful as a material for having it on a cellphone... But glass on the back means so many problems too... The glass back cover is prone to fingerprints, smudges and scratches in a very short space of time, more importantly the back glass cover is very prone to be broken upon the lightest of accidental drops... Moreover sudden temperature changes can lead to cracked glass as well too... Just look at thousands of Sony Xperia devices having the same set of problems just for the sake of having back glass cover :(

Anyways, this time around i would wait a couple of months just to see what is the overall reaction of the users regarding the durability of the phone... And yet there are already rumors floating that Samsung is preparing the S6 Active with water proofing protection and external memory expansion ... Thus I'd say it safer to wait instead of buying it this soon.
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby ShayLaB » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:50 pm

Just on the back glass...I have a Nexus 4 that is now a few years old. It is glass front & back and is tough as old boots. Dropped a dozen times and there isn't a single scratch. It's made by LG but I have seen numerous complaints about fragility of the Sony Experias.

If you pay that much for a phone I think you need to put a case on it just in case.
ShayLaB
Manager

Postby truthless » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:11 pm

Just had the S6 + S6 Edge on my hand in Mediamarkt. Damn. It feels amazing. The front camera is damn amazing too. I'm also really impressed with it's back camera. It destroys my Nexus 4 easily.

Both versions feel very light and are lying well on your hand. I'm sold.... Samsung, get my money (After 1-2 months).
truthless
Once in a lifetime

Postby joney2690 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:58 am

Samsung Galaxy S6 has amazingly fast ram that can make you run simultaneously different Apps and games. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
joney2690
Groupie

Postby Damiennatas1 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:11 am

^How infuriating.

I broke my iPhone 5 yesterday. There were chunks already gone from the screen anyway but now the earpiece isn't working.

I'm thinking of early upgrading to the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge but it's so darn expensive. I don't want the 64GB model but unfortunately this backward country doesn't supply the 32GB model. Regardless, the phone looks amazing and it's enough to tempt me, someone who has always said that I'd never try anything but Apple, to convert.

Anyone try the Edge yet?
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby Hugo » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:55 pm

I held the Samsung S6 today and all I have to say is WOW, go for it truthless! By comparison, the iphone 6 looks like a toy.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby oaknuys » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:45 pm

hugo wrote:I held the Samsung S6 today and all I have to say is WOW, go for it truthless! By comparison, the iphone 6 looks like a toy.
The presentation of new S6 series is simply the best! Samsung made the packaging so delightful and creative that have already made so many people to buy new devices in a heartbeat! Actually based on the latest report samsung had initially anticipated 50 million of the new devices to be sold but now their expectations are upped to 70 millions instead! Thats hell of a great achievement indeed!
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby Rihab » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:28 pm

iPhone 6 is ugly. Galaxy S6 is uglier.
Rihab
Legend

Postby truthless » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:35 pm

hugo wrote:I held the Samsung S6 today and all I have to say is WOW, go for it truthless! By comparison, the iphone 6 looks like a toy.
I don't know about looks really. I actually like how the new iPhone looks. But I find the S6 even more better looking + It has stronger hardware. So I wouldn't dare to get even near an iPhone 6. Also, I'm an Android user. :lol:

Waiting till this goes under 600€. My Nexus 4 sucks these days... It goes off when it wants to.
truthless
Once in a lifetime

Postby Guru » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:25 am

truthless wrote:
I don't know about looks really. I actually like how the new iPhone looks. But I find the S6 even more better looking + It has stronger hardware. So I wouldn't dare to get even near an iPhone 6. Also, I'm an Android user. :lol:

Waiting till this goes under 600€. My Nexus 4 sucks these days... It goes off when it wants to.
2 friends had the S6 and S6 Edge. Edge looks even better. It looks like a fantastic phone (I currently have an iPhone 6 Plus). Played with the camera as well. Must say, it's amazing. Used Panasonic views etc as well. The fact that Samsung went for an "all metal" look and feel makes you feel more important too :lol:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby truthless » Sun May 10, 2015 8:12 pm

Haha well. I will go for the normal S6. I'm not a fan of the gimmick Edge phone^^. It's also a bit more expensive.

Looks like I will buy the S6 this month :O.

And the price already has fallen to 579€. 8-)
truthless
Once in a lifetime

Postby oaknuys » Thu May 14, 2015 8:16 am

And samsung have entered the world of Brit's Pretty Girls too lol
oaknuys
Manager

Postby Damiennatas1 » Thu May 14, 2015 6:14 pm

So I had the S6 Edge for like.. 2 weeks before I had to return it due to a faulty battery.

Back to iPhone :D
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby oaknuys » Thu May 14, 2015 9:49 pm

Damiennatas1 wrote:So I had the S6 Edge for like.. 2 weeks before I had to return it due to a faulty battery.

Hmm... what about other things? Did you managed to adjust yourself to the new OS/ecosystem?
oaknuys
Manager

Postby truthless » Fri May 15, 2015 12:31 pm

Bought the S6 now...For an amazing price of 520€. Ebay for life.
truthless
Once in a lifetime

Postby Damiennatas1 » Sat May 16, 2015 8:10 am

oaknuys wrote:
Damiennatas1 wrote:So I had the S6 Edge for like.. 2 weeks before I had to return it due to a faulty battery.

Hmm... what about other things? Did you managed to adjust yourself to the new OS/ecosystem?
I loved the phone! But I also missed my iPhone from the time I got my Samsung. The OS was fine but I did prefer iOS. Autocorrect was bit fidgety and also the heart rate monitor took countless horrible selfies when I didn't want it to. I'd often go into my photo album and see lots of photos that shouldn't see the light of day :lol:
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby Hugo » Sat May 16, 2015 12:21 pm

truthless wrote:Bought the S6 now...For an amazing price of 520€. Ebay for life.
I wish my nexus' camera was as good as the S6, I hope you enjoy it!!! 8-)
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby oaknuys » Sat May 16, 2015 3:37 pm

Damiennatas1 wrote:
oaknuys wrote:

I loved the phone! But I also missed my iPhone from the time I got my Samsung. The OS was fine but I did prefer iOS. Autocorrect was bit fidgety and also the heart rate monitor took countless horrible selfies when I didn't want it to. I'd often go into my photo album and see lots of photos that shouldn't see the light of day :lol:
Thanks :) its good that you enjoyed it but the Selfie incident just made laugh like a mad man lolololol omg.... lolol priceless post of the week ;)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby oaknuys » Wed May 20, 2015 10:09 pm

i was this close to buy the S6 today, but couldn't convince myself to get kt mainly due to the limited memory storage and its semi fragile back glass built :( yet I'm constantly thinking about its beauty
oaknuys
Manager

Return to Internet & Technology