Samsung (Note 8)

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:35 pm

Thank you guys. OnePlus X? £270, I like the ceramic color. Looks good. :D Not sure where's best to buy from.

Hugo why would this be better than a Galaxy S5 mini?
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby oaknuys » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:31 am

CrazyCrazy wrote:Thank you guys. OnePlus X? £270, I like the ceramic color. Looks good. :D Not sure where's best to buy from.

Hugo why would this be better than a Galaxy S5 mini?
If you want to go for mini phones with flagship specs it's only one way to go and thats Sony's way ;)

Sony is the only one who dares to put all their flagship characteristics into their mini version devices too... LG, Samsung and Htc mini phones are truly manipulative devices... They only barrow the look of their flagship devices in a compact shell yet all of the flagship specs are watered down beyond recognition (camera,ram,processor,battery).

So if you insist for Mini sized flagships you can opt for Sony Xperia Z5 Compact which is just released less than two months ago and its coming with the highest current processor, fantastic 23mpx camera, water proof body, great battery life, classy looks, external memory storage plus 32gb built in memory, fingerprint sensor unlock and a couple of other nifty features.

The only negative thing about Xperia Z5 Compact is its rather steep selling price.

Nevertheless if you want to opt for a much cheaper alternative you can go for Sony's last year mini flagship called as Sony Xperia Z3 Compact.

Z3 Compact is now available in bargain price indeed, yet in honesty you'd get less options in comparison to Z5 compact but still its quite a nice one. The camera is 20Mpx , yet the processor is snapdragon 801 instead of 810 found on Z5 Compact, yet the internal memory is shrunken to 16gb albeit external memory card feature is present. Finally the Sensor fingerprint scanner is not present on Z3 compact but similar to Z5 Compact you'd still get water proof capabilities.

As for Samsung S5 Mini you'd get a device with shrunken looks similar to the original S5 but the camera is tons worse at 8mpx, the battery back up could be weirdly short upon moderate usage & the device heats up during calls (occasionally), finally S5 Mini could be somehow laggy if loaded with various applications and games simultaneously due to weak processor and less amount of available ram.

Lemme know if you need any details on any other devices as well ;) I'd be more than glad to share thoughts ;)
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby oaknuys » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Less than 2 weeks to be introduced to the Galaxy S7!

Rumors so far are mentioning Game changing battery performance, fantastic new camera sensor, water resistant ability, the re-presence of memory card option, snapdragon 820 processor and a flushed no hump camera lens!

Sounds awesome so far ;)
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby oaknuys » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:42 pm

Feb 21 is not far away anymore... S7 is officially coming!
oaknuys
Manager

Postby oaknuys » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:15 pm

Only a couple of more days and it will arrive now ;)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby Rihab » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:22 pm

Ugly.
Rihab
Legend

Postby oaknuys » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:20 pm

Rihab95 wrote:Ugly.
All of those efforts put into one simple Word? Harsh I'd say.
oaknuys
Manager

Postby Merci » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:18 pm

oaknuys wrote:
Rihab95 wrote:Ugly.
All of those efforts put into one simple Word? Harsh I'd say.
UNAPOLOGETIC
I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby jpguy » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:35 am

it's a,cool phone
::: Shinin', shinin', just like a DIAMOND, blindin' blindin' :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby Rihab » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:48 am

jpguy wrote:it's a,cool phone
But ugly.
Rihab
Legend

Postby Colton » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:52 am

Samsung & Google are in Talks to Buy Tidal

QUOTE:
Looks like Tidal’s ship may be coming in.

Phone giant Samsung, which enjoys a long relationship with Jay Z’s music streaming service, has restarted talks to acquire the 16-month-old company, several sources told The Post.

Samsung, which is expected to have a big presence at this year’s Oscars, has long been rumored as an interested buyer — and has held on-and-off talks with Tidal.

Samsung ponied up some $28 million to sponsor Rihanna’s latest album and tour. The 28-year-old singer is a partner in Tidal and is signed to Jay Z’s Roc Nation label.

“Samsung is re-engaging; they are working on something really big, and they’re keeping it very quiet in case it leaks,” said a source close to the talks.

A spokesperson for Samsung said: “It is our policy to not comment on rumors or speculation.”

Google and Spotify have also been eyeing Tidal, sources said. Both believe Tidal, although struggling, can bolster their own digital music services.

Talks the companies are having with Tidal now appear to be aimed at smaller partnerships, sources said.

Spotify has discussed creating an initiative that could produce a Tidal “powered by Spotify” partnership rather than an acquisition.

Tidal has succeeded in attracting upwards of 1 million subscribers but has faced several stumbles in its short life. The firm in December hired its third boss, naming former SoundCloud executive Jeff Toig as chief executive.

Also, Tidal accidentally released Rihanna’s album “Anti” early while Kanye West’s latest album, “The Life of Pablo,” suffered from huge piracy issues after it was released widely even to nonsubscribers of Tidal.

The piracy cost West at least $10 million in lost sales in the first days of its release, The Post reported.

The dysfunction, though common to many tech startups, has been eating into Tidal’s financing.

“The pressure is definitely on,” said one source who confirmed that Tidal is having trouble paying some of its royalty bills on time.

In addition, Jay Z has reached into his own pocket to help boost the music streamer, another source noted.

“Tidal certainly needs a new home to stay alive,” said a music industry insider.

Tidal was unveiled in October 2014 with a unique selling point: high-fidelity music and an artist-owned collective.

Its owners include Madonna, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna and Alicia Keys.

Back then, phone company Sprint got a shout-out from the stage and was expected to become an equity backer. That never happened, in part because of concerns that Tidal didn’t own much beyond a technology service.

Potential backers were concerned that artists would be constrained from promoting Tidal exclusive releases by their own label deals, sources said.

Tidal executives, around the time of the launch, believed it was worth as much as $250 million.

It is now valued at about $100 million, according to sources in the streaming space.

Tidal’s predecessor, Aspiro, was acquired for $56 million early last year.

Both Samsung and Tidal declined comment.

http://nypost.com/2016/02/25/samsung-re ... ion-talks/
ARIANA GRANDE I HILARY DUFF I ZAYN MALIK I LANA DEL REY
Colton
Personal Assistant

Postby Hugo » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:49 pm

"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Hugo » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:44 pm

"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby caseycasey » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:57 pm

Beautiful phone.

I'm usually a big Sony fan, but they've really dropped the ball with their latest Xperia X phones, which have been so lacklustre in every way possible. I'll most likely be switching my allegiance over to Samsung when it's time to upgrade.
caseycasey
Groupie

Postby Goosey » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:21 am

Hey! I can join the Samsung club now.

Here's mine:

But the baddest b---- in heels right there
Goosey
Groupie

Postby Hugo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:02 am

"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Magnus » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:01 pm

^ Are we expecting something revolutionary? Screen on both sides so I don't have to remember which side is up and which is down? Built-in holographic projector? Battery replaced by miniature nuclear reactor?
Magnus
Manager

Postby jszmiles » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:20 pm

I don't need **** anything but long lasting battery. For god sake its 21st century and we have to charge the batteries everyfcking 8h.
jszmiles
Legend

Postby Hugo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:23 pm

LIVE STREAM

Starts in half an hour.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Hugo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:01 pm

It has started.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Hugo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:16 pm

"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Rihab » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:39 pm

Now that is one ugly ass phone. :o

A massive step backwards from the S7.
Rihab
Legend

Postby Hugo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:48 pm

Rihab wrote:Now that is one ugly ass phone. :o

A massive step backwards from the S7.
lol we cannot be seeing the same thing, the phone is gorgeous, the iphone 7 looks ancient compared to it.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Damiennatas1 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:21 pm

I think it looks great!
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby Rihab » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:42 pm

That form factor makes it look like a high-end TV remote or an enlarged iPod Nano. 18.5:9 touch screens would be cool if human hands looked like this:

They don't. This is not going to be a thing.
Rihab
Legend

Return to Internet & Technology