UKMIX's Top 100 VG 2014 Countdown! Done + Stats!

Moderator: menime123

Postby Shorty » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:34 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:Are they really all THAT different though? :lol: Next time I was thinking of just asking you guys to vote for your fave within a generation instead of any of them.
Yes, they're COMPLETELY different, they have entirely different storylines! The same general idea of Pokemon is there, but the games are vastly different. Plus in that gen for example - Diamond, Pearl & Platinum were all incredibly slow games (so slow in fact, I can't even play them anymore) and SoulSilver/HeartGold had that issue fixed. One of the reasons why I would vote for SS/HG over D/P/P.

I like that idea cos there's always games in the gen I prefer over others.
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby Damiennatas1 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:45 pm

Oh cmon now! They're not vastly different :lol:

Pokemon should be considered as one game next time.
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby Shorty » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:48 pm

Well, if that's the case then we should lump in Sonic and Final Fantasy and all those other game series into one as well to make it fair.

Then the countdown would be 20 spots long... :lol:
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby CrazyCrazy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:52 pm

Shorty wrote:Well, if that's the case then we should lump in Sonic and Final Fantasy and all those other game series into one as well to make it fair.

Final Fantasy games have no relation to one another though. I'll just stick with my idea of peeps picking their fave version. :wink:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Damiennatas1 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:58 pm

Shorty wrote:Well, if that's the case then we should lump in Sonic and Final Fantasy and all those other game series into one as well to make it fair.

I disagree with FF, even without playing them I know they're quite different to each other.

Pokemon = Pick a Grass/Fire/Water starter. Beat 8 gyms (with the exception of G/S), beat elite 4 and with luck you've got some decent end game material. Done.
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby Shorty » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:05 am

Damiennatas1 wrote:Pokemon = Pick a Grass/Fire/Water starter. Beat 8 gyms (with the exception of G/S), beat elite 4 and with luck you've got some decent end game material. Done.
Like I said earlier, the same general idea, but the games themselves have different ways of doing that. There's no way in hell you can compare a game from Gen I to a game from Gen V for example. Considering they were released about 15 years apart! :-?
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:09 am

Nice to see some discussion! :lol:

I think with this particular series there should be some restraint in the voting otherwise they will always overshadow everything else unfairly! Like I said you may only pick one game within a gen, that will make it fairer. :wink:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby JimJim » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:11 am

Without dragging out the pokédebate too long, it is weird that SS/HG were bunched with D/P/P, as they are different games.

I didn't vote for Diamond/Pearl because they weren't particularly memorable entries in the series, also don't think I voted for SS/HG, just because they are remakes of the second generation.

Mario Kart: Double Dash! was a really great addition to the MK series, the two drivers per kart added another level of strategy to it and the game had the best controls of the whole series IMO with the Gamecube controller (which I continued to use for the Wii version).
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby Spiral » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:19 pm

To me, fighting games like Street Fighter, King of Fighter despite many series and changing of characters, they still the same. You choose characters, and play to defeat several characters and finally the boss or you simply play it with your friends just like FIFA & Pro Evolution Soccer

Racing games series usually don't differ from one to another. Other than the graphic, i don't see any much changes with Mario Kart :lol:

Sonic, Super mario, Megaman are the same adventure games . You still collecting rings, mushroom and walking until the end of stage to move on to next stage and defeat the mini boss before final boss.

Pokemon, despite different gens, you still doing the same thing, collection pokemon, defeat gym leaders eventhough their stories are different yet no significant changes in them.

The sims, you still create a family, house and buy things.

And people will of course said the same thing about RPG series. But here is the thing with RPG series, not only their characters are different, the story lines are different. Their bosses are different. The battle system often changes. Other kind of games series only have minor changes. RPG series on the other hands have very significant changes. That is why I only bother to vote 1 series for street fighter, The Sim, Mario, Mario Kart, Fire Emblem etc
Spiral
Manager

Postby Erotica » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:04 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:Are they really all THAT different though? :lol: Next time I was thinking of just asking you guys to vote for your fave within a generation instead of any of them.
That's what I did :/ so I made it wrong. I picked not more than one game from a generation
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:09 pm

Erotica wrote:
That's what I did :/ so I made it wrong. I picked not more than one game from a generation
You didn't do anything wrong, it was completely up to you how many of them you voted for. :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:18 pm

Spiral wrote:And people will of course said the same thing about RPG series. But here is the thing with RPG series, not only their characters are different, the story lines are different. Their bosses are different. The battle system often changes. Other kind of games series only have minor changes. RPG series on the other hands have very significant changes. That is why I only bother to vote 1 series for street fighter, The Sim, Mario, Mario Kart, Fire Emblem etc
Exactly, RPG's are set in a completely different worlds as well, different characters, different in depth stories, different game mechanics, different everything pretty much. Although most sit snugly in the rpg genre there are too many significant differences to just lump them together, shorty has clearly never played an rpg before. :lol:

Aww and Shorty leave Sonic alone, of course they are different games, platformers have sequels that's pretty normal. Pokemon acts more like an expansion rather than a separate game imo (within a gen anyway).
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Merci » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:20 pm

1) I'm proud of my gal, bubbling under like a boss, still higher than many games

poor haters

2) Final Fantasy X is overrated, and I put it higher than I should

3) goodbye at Metal Gear Solid not even making the list, thus making this countdown irrelevant

but thanks crazycrazy for hosting
I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:36 pm

^ I forgot about your trip and was wondering where you were! :D And thanks. :D

Yeah I was surprised at FF10 too, like I said it's a really nice game no doubt but #8? Nah.

I'll post the top 5 very shortly. Any #1 predictions?
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Spiral » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:53 pm

Pokemon Gen 1/2/3??? One of the Zeldas? One of the Marios? I don't think it's one of the Sonics :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spiral
Manager

Postby Merci » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:39 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:Any #1 predictions?
Sims or Pokemon
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:16 pm

#05 Pokémon Generation II (188Pts)
Voters: ANH #1, JimJim #3, LionH3art #4, luckyONE #6, truthless #13, Erotica #21, Shorty #34

#04 The Last of Us (195Pts)
Voters: Hermes #4, urbanmusik #5, truthless #6, Merci #7, Wardo #7, Madgefan #22

#03 Pokémon Generation III (201Pts)
Voters: Irishlamb #4/#7, JimJim #8, truthless #9, Damiennatas1 #11, luckyONE #12, Shorty #17

The top 2 coming up.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Erotica » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:17 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:
Erotica wrote:
You didn't do anything wrong, it was completely up to you how many of them you voted for. :D
I would have voted for more then maybe :oops:
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:21 pm

Erotica wrote:
CrazyCrazy wrote:
Erotica wrote:
I would have voted for more then maybe :oops:
I'm glad you didn't. :lol: Next time we will have that rule.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Wardo » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:22 pm

Lol at me and Merci ranking The Legend of Us the same and Crazy ignoring the pics for Pokémon!
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:25 pm

Wardo wrote:Lol at me and Merci ranking The Legend of Us the same and Crazy ignoring the pics for Pokémon!
:lol:

I believe they should have a fair representation as they are clearly popular but this is ridiculous imo! :lol:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Merci » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:32 pm

king of games

Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:35 pm

^ wow. :o

Shame it didn't join another great game in the top 2.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Wardo » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:38 pm

"Gaming's Citizen Kane" :lol:

Americans love comparisons!
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:49 pm

#02 Pokémon Generation I (207Pts)
Voters: JimJim #1, ANH #2, Damiennatas1 #12, Hermes #12, Wardo #12, SummerPeur #23, luckyONE #28,
truthless #29, Erotica #31, VanillaVilla #34, Shorty #35

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------#01 The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time (215Pts)
Voters: Damiennatas1 #1, CrazyCrazy #2, Hermes #8, Merci #9, Plym #11, truthless #16, cracklingbqq #21, Madgefan #26
Last edited by CrazyCrazy on Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Return to Internet & Technology