Google (Pixel 2)

Postby CrazyRom » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:48 pm

Wow I can't belive It's possible, that has to be awesome thing:)
CrazyRom
Groupie

Postby jpguy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:21 pm

I want to test that feature on the Translate app 8-) 8-) 8-)
::: Shinin', shinin', just like a DIAMOND, blindin' blindin' :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby Hugo » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:22 pm

"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Serby » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:09 am

omg, this is soooooo amazing! :o :D

I'm just afraid people will have even less interest in learning languages #traditonal

anyway, i'm super noob for this stuff, but for google pics translate, you don't need connection? You just need to have the app installed, right?
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Hugo » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:43 am

My Nexus 5 battery life improved a lot with the 5.1 update! :D
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Hugo » Tue May 26, 2015 9:09 am

Two Nexus phones in 2015, but no Nexus tablet according to rumor

As Google I/O draws near, just two days away now, the rumor and expectation mills are churning at full force. The latest expectation is that Google will bring two new Nexus phones to market this year, but no new tablet is on the immediate horizon.

These rumors sound fairly plausible, we have already heard that Huawei is building a Nexus phone, a 5.7-inch monster with code name Bullhead. I’ll leave you with the previous coverage for more details, but we expect to see the device later in the fall with the Snapdragon 810 SoC and a nice big 3,500mAh battery.

The new phone rumor is for another LG built Nexus device. Clocking in with a 5.2-inch display, the LG Angler looks like it may be fairly similar to the LG G4 with the Snapdragon 808 SoC. Speculation is early on this one though, specs are bound to change, and many components have not been chosen yet. With the general idea being that this LG phone is the proper successor to the Nexus 5, we do not expect top rung specs, just an overall solid experience.

Finally, do you like your Nexus 7 or Nexus 9? I hope so, since you may be stuck with it for another year before another Nexus tablet is introduced. We can always hope for a surprise, but at this point, there are no Nexus tablets in the rumor mill. Although the Nexus 7 has been removed from the Google Store, the Nexus 9 is still up for sale, offering you a solid Android tablet experience and the latest version of the Android OS (finally.)

I think I’ve mentioned this, these are purely rumor at this stage. We can’t help but send you over to Android Police where this new rumor of an LG Nexus phone comes from.

Stay tuned for more to come, we will be on the ground at Google I/O 2015, May 28-29, that’s Thursday and Friday in San Francisco. We hope you are as excited as we are to see the next chapters in the history of Nexus.

http://www.androidauthority.com/two-nex ... et-611222/
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Hugo » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:07 pm

I sold my Nexus 5. I'm still unsure what smartphone to buy next, I really like the Z3 Compact, but the OnePlus One 16GB version is super affordable (if only it wasn't sold out), the Nokia 930 is my other option, or the G3, but I want something with stellar battery life.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby ShayLaB » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:57 pm

http://www.motorola.co.uk/

Big reductions on the Moto X currently. Not sure if similar deals where you are.
ShayLaB
Manager

Postby Hugo » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:08 pm

ShayLaB wrote:http://www.motorola.co.uk/

Big reductions on the Moto X currently. Not sure if similar deals where you are.
I do like the Moto x, but the camera is such a letdown :( not to mention the battery life
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby oaknuys » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:58 pm

hugo wrote:I sold my Nexus 5. I'm still unsure what smartphone to buy next, I really like the Z3 Compact, but the OnePlus One 16GB version is super affordable (if only it wasn't sold out), the Nokia 930 is my other option, or the G3, but I want something with stellar battery life.
Your only option shall be Z3/Z3 Compact or the rather oldie Galaxy S5. Those are the best droid phones with steller battery lives.

S6, G3/G4 do s*ck big time on battery. Donno how sammy crapped the grandness battery of s5 to the crappness of s6.
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby Hugo » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:01 pm

Z3 is still a little too expensive for me, and I love the compact's form factor a lot more, I'm just scared the glass could break easily.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby oaknuys » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:04 pm

As for the camera here are the list from awesome to alright:

1 S6 : seriously the best ever cellphone camera! Mesmerizing
2 S5 : still a brilliant outdoor picture quality but the camera quality goes weaker upon lowlight
3 G4 : after the sammy due this is perhaps the best overall camera these days
4 iPhone 6 : a brilliant all around perfomer in every situation but lacks megapixels thus no further cropping is possible after a certain degree
5 Z3 / Z3C : alright pics long as you aint gonna be doing pixel peeping! Otherwise you will end up looking at a hallow and ugly photo after a certain level of zooming and yet again the camera s*cks at macro shots as the lens many times refuses to properly find the target...
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby oaknuys » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:09 pm

hugo wrote:Z3 is still a little too expensive for me, and I love the compact's form factor a lot more, I'm just scared the glass could break easily.
And you better be! The glass on the back and front is always prone to be broken due physical and thermal shock! The net is full of the stories of broken glasses... and sony is so weak at servicing. You are also likely to lose the water resistance even after the glass change too.
the battery cap is also so weak and losen up in no time with further unwanted pop ups.

You might be surprised, Galaxy S5 still has one of the best cameras, best batteries, replacable battery and external storage yet it water proof too. The only prob is its damn cheap and ugly looking. Otherwise it beat the hell out of the S6's battery.
oaknuys
Manager

Postby Hugo » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:13 am

I just bought the OPO 64GB, I don't really care that the OPT is coming soon as it'll be released with the invite system. I just hope the battery life is as good as everyone says it is. Excited for it to arrive 8-)
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby jpguy » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:27 pm

Has anyone tried Google Play Music? The streaming service is so horrible, so difficult to use, so buggy, so much inconsistency in the recommendations, they got nothing on Spotify ... poor Google
::: Shinin', shinin', just like a DIAMOND, blindin' blindin' :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby oaknuys » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:49 pm

jpguy wrote:Has anyone tried Google Play Music? The streaming service is so horrible, so difficult to use, so buggy, so much inconsistency in the recommendations, they got nothing on Spotify ... poor Google
I hate to admit but even the Google Play Store fails miserably to the glorious yet simple Apple Store.... apple's store is brilliantly streamlined and easy to use but Google Store is a mixed up experience while tons of irrelevant crappy "games" do pop up on the "applications" charts....such haphazard setup is never seen on apple store.. and on the main page the highlghts are placed horribly all together.

Google soon should revamp their store. Its Abysmal.
oaknuys
Manager

Postby Hugo » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:07 pm

Google’s Next Version Of Android Is Called “Marshmallow”

Google has made it a thing to name its Android OS versions after food. Letter by letter in the alphabet (har har). But not just any food — food that’s really bad for you. This version, which has been called “M” until now, had its name unveiled today….

The new “marshmallow” statue was unveiled today on Google’s campus in Mountain View.

Here’s the yummy history of Android names (minus the first two):
– Alpha
– Beta
– Cupcake
– Donut
– Eclair
– Froyo
– Gingerbread
– Honeycomb
– Ice Cream Sandwich
– Jelly Bean
– KitKat
– Lollipop
– Marshmallow

If you remember, KitKat got kind of weird when Google started doing cross promotion with the candy company. Maybe there could be a Ghostbusters tie-in this time?

The technical guts of the announcement, along with the name, were shared on Android’s Developer blog as well:

Whether you like them straight out of the bag, roasted to a golden brown exterior with a molten center, or in fluff form, who doesn’t like marshmallows? We definitely like them! Since the launch of the M Developer Preview at Google I/O in May, we’ve enjoyed all of your participation and feedback. Today with the final Developer Preview update, we’re introducing the official Android 6.0 SDK and opening Google Play for publishing your apps that target the new API level 23 in Android Marshmallow.

This means that the final version of “M” is in preview and almost ready to be rolled out to consumers. No timetable yet, though.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/08/17/google ... rshmallow/
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Hugo » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:34 pm

"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Hugo » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:13 pm

Exclusive: LG’s Nexus 5X coming September 29 for around $400

The LG-made Nexus is coming at the end of the month and it will be slightly more expensive that the original Nexus 5.

A person who is familiar with the matter has briefed Android Authority about Google and LG’s plans for the new generation of the Nexus 5 smartphone. The source warned us that this information is not final, and as such, official details may differ, but we feel very confident in the veracity of this report.

First up, our source confirmed that the new Nexus will be made available in the Google Store from September 29. Both the LG Nexus and the Huawei Nexus will be offered at this point. This confirms a recent report from CNET, as well as an older rumor from Korean media.

The LG Nexus will probably go under the Nexus 5X moniker. We say probably because a decision on the final name has not been taken yet at Google HQ. That name makes a lot of sense: it allows Google to keep its “Nexus #” naming convention, while signaling that this is a new device in a much more intuitive fashion than by adding a “(2015)” or “(2nd gen.) suffix.

Next up, we can confirm that the leaks that have been making the rounds showing the design of the Nexus 5X are accurate. The device will feature a circular rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, along a raised camera and the dual LED flash on the side.

The Nexus 5X will be available in white, black, and light blue, and will feature a plastic back and a USB Type-C port.

Perhaps the most important detail we gleaned from our source is the price of the Nexus 5X: the device will be affordable, but not as affordable as the original Nexus 5. The Nexus 5X will cost $50 more than the Nexus 5, according to our source. That means we can expect a starting point of $399 for the 16GB model and $449 for the 32GB model, assuming Google has decided to stick with 16GB for the base version.

Again, this is non-final info so do not take it for granted just yet. That said, this is a very solid source, so we fully expect this info to pan out.

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-nexu ... ak-639306/
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Storyteller » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:50 am

Does anyone have a Chromecast? I've heard that they're pretty good, a friend of mine has it and raves about it. Can anyone tell me more about them?
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby ShayLaB » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:09 pm

Edit: Double post
Last edited by ShayLaB on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShayLaB
Manager

Postby ShayLaB » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:34 pm

Two types
1 Audio: for casting music from phone (Spotify, Google Music) etc to your HiFi system.
2. TV: cast Netflix, Amazon Instant Video. iPlayer etc to your screen.

They plug into TV/HiFi, probably completely out if sight, and you connect via an app on your phone or via an option within an app.

It works pretty seamlessly.

I have both and use them all the time.

http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/chrome ... Ajy_8P8HAQ
ShayLaB
Manager

Postby Storyteller » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:47 pm

Thanks for the reply, I got one. It's great, really good for streaming to online. Less restrictions than the Apple TV.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Hugo » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:39 pm

Omg, the nexus 5 that I sold a year ago was delivered to me today. It seems that the person I sold it to or maybe someone else sent it for repair, but they sent the phone to my address. What am I supposed to do now? I don't have that person's contact. Mess.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Hugo » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:29 pm

New version of Android, NOUGAT.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Return to Internet & Technology