iTunes 12

Postby Thriller » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:56 pm

It's here... and the logo is now red!

I quite like the new main 'My Music' page with recently added at the top and you can expand that easily. I'm glad they kept the playlists layout similar though cos I do prefer list view in some instances.

The new info box is cool too, a lot more compact.
Thriller

Postby Plym » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:09 pm

no ma'am
Plym
Take Care

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:06 pm

Let me try it! :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:38 pm

I really like it! It looks fresh and crisp! The only thing I hate about updating is that it splits up albums and I need to sort that out again! :roll: :lol: :x

You can view the album artwork in a separate window again now! :lol:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Shorty » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:08 am

The first thing I did was bring back the sidebar cos I HATE not seeing my sidebar with all my playlists in a list like that, I don't want to have to click another button to go to them. I don't want the album view showing all the time cos I have like a billion albums and scrolling through that would take me forever :wink:

It looks cool, and I like that they moved the iTunes Store option to a different place cos I kept clicking it by accident when it was in the sidebar haha :lol:
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby urbanmusik » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:18 am

it looks so much cleaner, thank goodness they removed that ugly shadow from the album artwork. the recently added section in the album view is a nice idea, I've removed it until I've fixed up my iTunes though.

I don't get why they've removed the repeat button, I don't want to have to right click on the shuffle button to repeat a track/playlist.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby SholasBoy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:23 am

Well I quite like how it looks, but I really don't like the new "Info" section, as everytime I try and type in an album title it seems to automatically select an album title from others I've already used, which is really annoying. Also you can't right click to copy and paste artwork, you have to use the CTRL+C/V
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby PosziMC2 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:26 am

I looooooooooove it. iChunes coming to snatch
P=MC2's Top 20
Merci wrote:Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!
PosziMC2
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:01 pm

SholasBoy wrote:Well I quite like how it looks, but I really don't like the new "Info" section, as everytime I try and type in an album title it seems to automatically select an album title from others I've already used, which is really annoying. Also you can't right click to copy and paste artwork, you have to use the CTRL+C/V
I just downloaded it and while, in general, its very good. The "info" section is a bit of a pain to update. But it looks very good.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:42 pm

Just downloaded it... I'm still NOT familiar with its icon being red now... When I wanted to open my iTunes today, I seriously couldn't find the icon (thought it was last.fm for the first 2 seconds :oops: ).
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:26 am

The info box thing needs a few tweaks in the next update.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Plym » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:15 am

it drives me nuts how, when u flick between 'music' and your playlists, it always goes right back to the top of the music (as in letter A of the artists) instead of staying where you left it before you clicked on a playlist.
it never used to do this!! the sidebar is too small to be useful and pressing down takes ages. thank god i have touch screen laptop.
Plym
Take Care

Postby CrazyCrazy » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:03 am

Just had to do a factory reset of my iPod!! It takes bloody hours to sync all of my stuff again! :x :x :x :x :cry: :lol: At least play-count data remains.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Shorty » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:24 pm

iTunes 12 decided to be an asshole and delete my ENTIRE library today for some reason. Seriously, the whole thing was gone apart from the stuff I'd downloaded from the iTunes Store :evil: Over 23,000 songs vanished! Most of them were still on my laptop, but a whole bunch of album folders vanished from my laptop as well, I had to go retrieve them from my external harddrive!

I just readded all 23,000 songs, but there's duplicates, and wrong tags and all my playlists have vanished so I have to do those again :roll: Plus I'm totally sure some stuff is missing but I have so much music, I'll never be able to tell what. I'll just have to wait till I want to play it and look for it and realise it's not there.

But I swear my mouth just dropped open when I opened iTunes and everything was gone! I still don't know WTF happened :-?
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby Noahh » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:05 pm

^ It happened to me two times. It's so annoying. The first time it happened I lost so much music. I was so mad. After that I made sure that I had all my music on an external harddrive. So the second time when it happened it wasn't as bad, but it was still annoying as a lot of tags were f*cked up.
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby Shorty » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:05 pm

Noahh wrote:^ It happened to me two times. It's so annoying. The first time it happened I lost so much music. I was so mad. After that I made sure that I had all my music on an external harddrive. So the second time when it happened it wasn't as bad, but it was still annoying as a lot of tags were f*cked up.
Yup! I have to go through approx 23,000 songs (after I delete the duplicates) and make sure they're tagged correctly for last.fm. So annoying!

I still have a couple of my playlists on my iPhone, so I can use that to recreate them but man my iTunes looks so bare and empty without my playlists or my playcounts.

I have all my music backed up too, but that's not the point, is it? iTunes shouldn't be deleting people's entire libraries for no reason :x
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby Crasho91 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:21 pm

don't know if it's the correct place to post but let's try..anyone knows if there's a way to save itunes settings with all library with number plays and everything else after a hard disk recovery? I'll make it next days and don't wanna lose anything :(
Crasho91
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:49 pm

Nope, try asking on the Apple forums as there's surely a way.
Thriller

Postby Brad » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:13 pm

I hate the info box so much.
Brad
Winter Is Coming

Postby Crasho91 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:07 pm

Thriller wrote:Nope, try asking on the Apple forums as there's surely a way.
made it! :D it's easier than I thought..I only copied and pasted the full iTunes files from the old C: in the new one before lanching the program..after lunching the library loaded all songs with all info (play counts, album cover) and everything was exactly as before! thanks Thriller anyway :D
Crasho91
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:52 pm

Brad wrote:I hate the info box so much.
God me too.

Glad you got it sorted Crasho.
Thriller

Postby Plym » Mon May 11, 2015 4:53 pm

im beginning to hate itunes.
sometimes it wont open, need to restart computer, pauses and becomes unresponsive when iphone is plugged in
Plym
Take Care

Postby ThaInfo1 » Tue May 12, 2015 1:50 am

Plym wrote:im beginning to hate itunes.
sometimes it wont open, need to restart computer, pauses and becomes unresponsive when iphone is plugged in
This, this and this!!!!

They just need to keep it simple and cute.
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Merci » Wed May 13, 2015 7:24 am

I got over itunes when one of the updates reset random play counts in 2012(?)

but it's a blessing in disguise tbh, I was way too obsessed with my plays

Plym wrote:im beginning to hate itunes.
I used to have the same probelm when I had a windows laptop

meh, just download TIDAL
I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu May 14, 2015 7:31 pm

Crasho91 wrote:don't know if it's the correct place to post but let's try..anyone knows if there's a way to save itunes settings with all library with number plays and everything else after a hard disk recovery? I'll make it next days and don't wanna lose anything :(
There is a software (premium) that can transfer everything from your device and put it all back on to your itunes/pc, playcounts included.

I used it when my computer died, I'll have a look for the name on my pc later!
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Return to Internet & Technology