Kingdom Hearts

Postby Biebz » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:42 pm

Kingdom Hearts (キングダム ハーツ Kingudamu Hātsu?) is a series of crossover action role-playing games developed and published by Square Enix (originally by Square). It is a collaboration between Square Enix and Disney Interactive Studios, and is under the direction of Tetsuya Nomura, a longtime Square Enix character designer. Kingdom Hearts is a crossover of various Disney settings based in a universe made specifically for the series. The series centers on the main character Sora and his search for his friends and encounters with Disney, Final Fantasy, and The World Ends With You characters on their worlds.

The series consists of seven games across multiple video game consoles, and future titles are planned. Most of the games in the series have been both critically acclaimed and commercially successful, though each title has seen varying levels of success. As of October 2013, the Kingdom Hearts series has sold over 20 million copies worldwide. A wide variety of related merchandise has been released along with the games, including soundtracks, figurines, companion books, novels, and manga series.
Kingdom Hearts Series Chronology
χ
Back Cover
Birth by Sleep
Kingdom Hearts
Chain of Memories
358/2 Days
II
Coded
Dream Drop Distance
A Fragmentary Passage
III
Last edited by Biebz on Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Storyteller » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:17 pm

Kingdom Hearts is my favorite series of games, the play station games are flawless :cry: :cry: :cry:
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Merci » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:55 pm

I'm playing 2 right now, and enjoying it a lot! it really is flawless (whelp, the roxas intro aside..) way better than the first one

I'm loving 'The Afternoon Streets' song (when Sora visits Twilight Town) it reminds me of Nobuo Uematsu/Final Fantasy
I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby Biebz » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:47 am

Merci wrote:I'm playing 2 right now, and enjoying it a lot! it really is flawless (whelp, the roxas intro aside..) way better than the first one
Yeah that but is a bit of a mess :lol:

They totally could have just done all that part as cinematics, I really wouldn't have minded
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby LionH3art » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:52 am

KH <3333 My favourite game franchise alongside Phoenix Wright.
I have played all the games. Shame I haven't gotten a ps3.
LionH3art
Superstar

Postby Merci » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:52 pm

Just Finished II

dem feels! :(
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby Storyteller » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:37 pm

It's so good isn't it? :cry: :cry:

You're lucky you only played it this year, I've been waiting 9 years and counting for a sequel. :cry: :cry:
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Lollo95 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:49 pm

The best game ever. Everytime you play it, you feel like you're watching an amazing movie, I can't even count the amount of times I've cried while playing this. :lol:

The fact that that there are so many games for so many different consoles kinda ruined it for me.. I mean, they are releasing KH/KH II for PS3, but KH III is going to be a PS4 exclusive. It doesn't make any sense for me, you basically need 3/4 different consoles (considering the DS ones too) if you want to play all the games, which is quite terrible for someone like me, who isn't the biggest fan of videogames in general, but who just loves few specifical games (KH being one of them).
Lollo95
Superstar

Postby Storyteller » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:51 pm

Tbh the only essential games are KH1 & KH2, the rest are spinoffs. They relate to the games but they aren't essential to understand the story.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:13 pm

KH1 >>> KH2

But I tried II again recently and realised it's actually pretty damn good just the story was a little hard to follow at times..
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Storyteller » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:35 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:KH1 >>> KH2

But I tried II again recently and realised it's actually pretty damn good just the story was a little hard to follow at times..
Really? The story was what I liked most about KH2, I do understand though, there can be discrepancies if you haven't played the spinoffs but nothing majo imo. 2.5 even adds extra scenes to make up for it.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:43 pm

Like I said I think I need to replay it...don't think I even finished II. :lol: I was so in to KH1 and loved it's relative simplicity, it was perfect so II was different when I played it after KHI.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Merci » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:07 am

Lollo95 wrote:The best game ever. Everytime you play it, you feel like you're watching an amazing movie, I can't even count the amount of times I've cried while playing this. :lol:

The fact that that there are so many games for so many different consoles kinda ruined it for me.. I mean, they are releasing KH/KH II for PS3, but KH III is going to be a PS4 exclusive. It doesn't make any sense for me, you basically need 3/4 different consoles (considering the DS ones too) if you want to play all the games, which is quite terrible for someone like me, who isn't the biggest fan of videogames in general, but who just loves few specifical games (KH being one of them).
I have a feeling they'll re-release 1 & 2 for the ps4 as well

btw the HD remix collections also include the side games
- 1.5 includes Re:Chain of Memories which help understand the f happened between 1 and 2
- 2.5 includes Birth By Sleep, the prequel that was released on the psp

and movie versions of:
- 358/2 Days
- Re:coded
these 2 seems to be pretty boring, so I don't mind that they are not playable, but we still get to see the story

so that only leaves '3D: Dream Drop Distance' which is only available on the 3ds as of now, but I can see them releasing a 'complete' collection, before 3 comes out that include all the games for the ps4 and maybe xbox one
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby RunDevilRun » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:34 am

BBS is my fave. Terra, Aqua, and Ventus were so badass. Their magic and battle skills were so much better than Sora's. The final battle against Aque and Xehanort was epic. I can't wait for KH3.
to the infinity and Beyoncé.
RunDevilRun
Manager

Postby Merci » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:47 am

IrishLamb wrote:It's so good isn't it? :cry: :cry:

You're lucky you only played it this year, I've been waiting 9 years and counting for a sequel. :cry: :cry:
I can't believe Square is going to take over a decade to release a prober follow up and move the story forward..

I deff feel for the people who were waiting since 2006, the struggle is real

CrazyCrazy wrote:KH1 >>> KH2

Lol Kingdom Hearts has one of the most complicated storylines in video games!

The first one had a very simple jrpg story, a kid chosen to defeat darkness, he has to visit different worlds and save his friends, etc..

What comes next, though... :lol:

But as I learned from playing and watching Japanese media, is that you just need to go with the flow sometimes and don't try to analys everything because you'll get even more confused than when you started

other than the convoluted storyline, everything else is great, and 2 took everything good about the first one to a whole another level!
You just need to say "sure" every time a villian with a colorful, over the top hair and weird name appears

I persoanlly enjoyed the storyline a lot, but it's definitely understandable if someone who hasn't played Re Chain of Memories before 2 gets very confused, as that game introduced Orginaization XIII and Namine

358/2 would also help to know more about Roxas and appreciate Axel
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby Biebz » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:19 pm

IrishLamb wrote: You're lucky you only played it this year, I've been waiting 9 years and counting for a sequel. :cry: :cry:
Yep, me too :lol: Doesn't feel 9 years though I don't think, maybe like 5 or 6
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Merci » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:02 am

Naminé or Kairi?
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby Storyteller » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:18 pm

Merci wrote:Image

Naminé or Kairi?
Kairi, Queen :cry: :cry:

I hope Hayden Panetierre returns to voice her for KH3.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Merci » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:54 pm

Naminé is way hotter, though

IrishLamb wrote:I hope Hayden Panetierre returns to voice her for KH3.
I think she might, she was in the most recent one (BBS) and she's in a horror game to be released later this year, so she seems to enjoys working in video games

Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby Storyteller » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:16 pm

Merci wrote:Naminé is way hotter, though

IrishLamb wrote:I hope Hayden Panetierre returns to voice her for KH3.
I think she might, she was in the most recent one (BBS) and she's in a horror game to be released later this year, so she seems to enjoys working in video games

Oh good I hope she does, I stan for her. :cry:
She can do a song for it too :D :D
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Biebz » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:09 pm

One story down on BBS, now playing Terra's story. Aqua took me 14 hours so it's going to be a while before I get to play the flawless KH2 :cry:
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Storyteller » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:33 am

ThatBieberSide wrote:One story down on BBS, now playing Terra's story. Aqua took me 14 hours so it's going to be a while before I get to play the flawless KH2 :cry:
I need to get around to playing BBS at some point, is it good?
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Biebz » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:07 pm

IrishLamb wrote:
ThatBieberSide wrote:One story down on BBS, now playing Terra's story. Aqua took me 14 hours so it's going to be a while before I get to play the flawless KH2 :cry:
I need to get around to playing BBS at some point, is it good?
Very good! Not sure how much you know about it but the intertwining timelines are really clever
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Biebz » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:30 pm

Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Storyteller » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:42 pm

Like I wasn't already hyped enough for this game :cry: the gameplay, the graphics, the Keyblades, the Heartless OMFG :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Jesus I can't wait.
Did I see Frozen Heartless at the start? :D
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Return to Internet & Technology