Nintendo Switch

Postby Erotica » Mon May 01, 2017 7:32 pm

They should have bought the original Mario Kart 8 then too :/
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby JimJim » Sat May 06, 2017 8:29 am

It's good to see the system is off to a good start, the staggered release thing has certainly allowed the hype to continue over 3 months.

I'll wait until more games come out to adopt though, maybe wait for a price drop or bundle.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby tyguy723 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:09 am

Just got my switch today and have been playing nonstop, throughly blown away, the pictures don't do it justice! This is such a sophisticated design and the execution to going from handheld to console whenever you want is flawless :oops:

Nintendo did THAT 8-)
tyguy723
Manager

Postby ThaInfo1 » Mon May 08, 2017 1:52 pm

I'm just waiting on a new/re-release of super smash bros and they can have my moneys. :cry:
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Erotica » Mon May 08, 2017 7:36 pm

If it's a rerelease (and I think it will be) then I won't buy it, it would really disappoint me and make me angry to be honest
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby MrRager » Fri May 26, 2017 9:26 am

I just bought a Switch with Zelda and Mario Kart! I'm SHOOK! :cry: :cry: :cry:
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby JeyBeMust » Fri May 26, 2017 7:11 pm

MrRager wrote:I just bought a Switch with Zelda and Mario Kart! I'm SHOOK! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Have fun!! You made a great choice! :wink:
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby MrRager » Sat May 27, 2017 11:34 am

JeyBeMust wrote:
MrRager wrote:I just bought a Switch with Zelda and Mario Kart! I'm SHOOK! :cry: :cry: :cry:
I'm genuinely in love with it. Mario Kart is so damn good :cry: :cry:

I haven't started Zelda Properly yet because I know when I do it will be my life for like a month!

I'm thinking of buying Ultimate Street Fighter 2 soon.
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby JeyBeMust » Sat May 27, 2017 12:18 pm

MrRager wrote:
JeyBeMust wrote:
I'm genuinely in love with it. Mario Kart is so damn good :cry: :cry:

I haven't started Zelda Properly yet because I know when I do it will be my life for like a month!

I'm thinking of buying Ultimate Street Fighter 2 soon.
You did the right thing, I played Zelda like 2 months and I'm still 95/120 shrines :lol: Plus, I bought the season pass and this summer and Christmas season will be awesome 8-)
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby MrRager » Sun May 28, 2017 11:55 am

JeyBe - is Zelda hard? I hope it's not too hard as it'll do my head in. I read that weapons have to be carefully used.. something about losing durability and breaking? Lol

What's the season pass?
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby naughtynae » Sun May 28, 2017 12:27 pm

The Switch is amazing! I treated myself.

Zelda is just stunning it deserves all of the praise it's been getting 100% one of the best release games for any console.
Mario Kart 8 deluxe is also great, I had the original but being able to play this on the train to work is such an added bonus.
Also the fact the console is pretty much a portable multiplayer device makes Mario Kart the perfect game for it.

I got street fighter yesterday just as fun as it always is.

My only concern is the lack of games and no virtual console, if those two things are fixed this could definitely have longevity. Proud of Nintendo!
naughtynae
Legend

Postby JeyBeMust » Sun May 28, 2017 6:02 pm

MrRager wrote:JeyBe - is Zelda hard? I hope it's not too hard as it'll do my head in. I read that weapons have to be carefully used.. something about losing durability and breaking? Lol

What's the season pass?
Ok, I'll be honest. I'm using the official guide because I want to complete the game 100%. To beat the final boss is ok without help, but completing all the quests and secrets... OMG... You'll need like 3 decades. But don't get me wrong, you'll love the game, I spent many hours exploring and trying silly things before doing the main story :lol:

In Spain the season pass is 19,99€, btw. More info here: https://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Exp ... B06VVQGHHN :wink:

"The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game packs countless hours of play into a vast world of discovery. That makes it an ideal foundation for more adventures! Launching alongside the game on March 3, this $19.99 Expansion Pass grants access to three new treasure chests, DLC Pack 1 this summer, and DLC Pack 2 in the 2017 holiday season.

Inside one of these three additional treasure chests, Link will find a shirt he can wear that bears a familiar crest…the Nintendo Switch logo! And he’ll find a lot more than that in DLC Pack 1 when it launches this summer. It contains a new challenge called the Cave of Trials, a new hard mode, and a new feature for the in-game map. This holiday season, DLC Pack 2 will add in a new dungeon, an original story, and even more challenges. Indeed, a world as alive as Hyrule must grow with time. If you live for the thrill of discovery, look no further: this Expansion Pass is the stuff of legends."
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby tyguy723 » Sun May 28, 2017 6:31 pm

Idk I have been playing without a guide and I'm almost done with all the shrines and side quests :o Have my zelda skills been enhanced by a great fairy :lol:

The game is immaculate though, so much to do no matter what you do, doing dungeons in any order is so refreshing :D
tyguy723
Manager

Postby MrRager » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:41 am

So I've just started playing Zelda and its magnificent. But I have a few questions. I'm at a part where I have to get 11 Memories and also have to go to the 4 people (Temples I assume) Can I just do this in any order? Do I need to go find all 11 memories or can I just go to The Zora Or Gerudo Desert or whatever it's called and in any order? I can't be bothered finding all 11 memories right away..
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby JeyBeMust » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:47 am

MrRager wrote:So I've just started playing Zelda and its magnificent. But I have a few questions. I'm at a part where I have to get 11 Memories and also have to go to the 4 people (Temples I assume) Can I just do this in any order? Do I need to go find all 11 memories or can I just go to The Zora Or Gerudo Desert or whatever it's called and in any order? I can't be bothered finding all 11 memories right away..
You can collect the memories and beat the 4 mystical beast (I don't know how are they calle in English) in any order. But is really important to collect ALL of the memories before the final boss because it's the only way to watch the secret ending scene. Personally, I left the memories just before the final boss because I didn't bother collecting them and I have more fun exploring and doing shrines :wink:

I did like 60 shrines before even beating the first beast. What I love the most about this Zelda is the freedom, you can do whatever you prefer in any order, even beating the final boss since the very beginning.
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby JimJim » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:49 am

The online offering looks very affordable (US$20/year), although I think they need to have more than NES games for the value add. Whilst having all those NES games in a Netflix style subscription is great, those games have been re-released to the absolute death.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby MrRager » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:56 am

Thanks for answering my questions! 8-)

Oh I have the Warm Doublet but I still die in cold areas? Is this normal.. I thought it would allow me in those areas without dying or does it just kill you slower?
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby JeyBeMust » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:12 pm

MrRager wrote:Thanks for answering my questions! 8-)

Oh I have the Warm Doublet but I still die in cold areas? Is this normal.. I thought it would allow me in those areas without dying or does it just kill you slower?
Indeed. You need 2/3 clothes items to be ok in cold/hot areas. Maybe an armor and boots or a helmet, but 1 single item does nothing. I also recommend you using torches or warm potions :wink:
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby MrRager » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:24 pm

So Ive been playing this a lot. I'm hooked. I have now done all the 4 Divine beasts and also got the Master Sword!!

These temples are bloody hard... and the bosses.. Especially the first couple with minimal hearts :o

So now i'm about to do Hyrule Castle. What would you's recommend before it? I've never really cooked before.. just randomly ate stuff that I have. Give me some of the best recipes so I can quickly get prepared. Oh and also where the FUU do I get that massive Guardian sword that I see people online with?? I only have the Guardian one.. not these massive ones.
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby MrRager » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:58 am

Wow. this is gonna be the best Platformer since Banjo Kazooie!
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Storyteller » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:53 am

That does look amazing! I can't justify buying a switch at the moment though to be honest. Maybe at Christmas or when it goes on sale or something.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby JimJim » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:59 am

I can see Super Mario Odyssey getting a lot of 10/10 reviews like Galaxy 1 & 2.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby tyguy723 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:24 am

Nintendo won at E3 8-)

Not one, but two new meteoroid games :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Also being a huge Kirby stan, an just about lost it when they announced the multiplayer Super Star-esque game for 2018. Yoshi's Woolly World was spectacular, I'm glad this switch successor to it is adding a new dimension to the game rather than simply a sequel with identical mechanics. Mario Odyssey looks like the best 3D Mario game ever made. I really enjoy that the "gimmick" per say in this game is more around the hat being the sole powerup that can be different in so many ways rather than introducing an excessive amount (blah)-flower and (tryhard)-mushroom. The fact that it is the hat itself is also really smart branding, no explanations are needed since everyone loves Mario's iconic hat.

The Zelda DLC just extended the time I will devote to the game, and I just reached 120 hours :oops:
tyguy723
Manager

Postby Erotica » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:35 am

I wasn't excited about the games they presented :oops:
Erotica
Legend

Postby naughtynae » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:30 am

Erotica wrote:I wasn't excited about the games they presented :oops:
I was disappointed at E3, I was hoping for more (Smash. Bros, Virtual Console etc) but come on Mario will be so much fun!
naughtynae
Legend

Return to Internet & Technology