Nintendo Switch

Postby MrRager » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:34 am

Did they explain anything about the Virtual Console for The Switch? I'm hoping we get it soon along with Gamecube games!
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby naughtynae » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:41 am

MrRager wrote:Did they explain anything about the Virtual Console for The Switch? I'm hoping we get it soon along with Gamecube games!
Nope. Reggie was interviewed about it after E3 and it's still very vague. He said something on the lines of them still trying to figure out if or how VC could work along side their Online subscription package.

I think they really dropped the ball on Virtual Console Gamecube had some great games (we all know the previous consoles had classics also) but the added bonus of playing them port-ably...
naughtynae
Legend

Postby Erotica » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:42 am

Well they could sell them in a normal way that doesn't have to do something with their online function
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby naughtynae » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:59 am

Erotica wrote:Well they could sell them in a normal way that doesn't have to do something with their online function
Exactly what he said they are trying to figure out.
naughtynae
Legend

Postby MrRager » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:01 am

Damn well I hope they give us information soon. At least we can download The King Of Fighters Neo Geo!
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Erotica » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:02 am

naughtynae wrote:
Erotica wrote:Well they could sell them in a normal way that doesn't have to do something with their online function
Exactly what he said they are trying to figure out.
I hope they will :( don't wanna pay for online service (when I have a Switch one day)

In the end I will buy the Switch for Gamecube games :lol:
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby naughtynae » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:11 am

Online is $20 for the year it's nothing. With that you get to play a selection of the classic games kinda like Netflix. It's actually a good deal.
naughtynae
Legend

Postby naughtynae » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:12 am

Also if you buy the switch and don't get Breath of the wild you are missing out big time.
naughtynae
Legend

Postby MrRager » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:18 am

How do I cook attack up Elixers in Zelda? I'm ready for the final battle but need advice :lol:
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Erotica » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:25 am

I never was into Zelda games, too difficult for me, not my cup of tea

naughtynae wrote:Online is $20 for the year it's nothing. With that you get to play a selection of the classic games kinda like Netflix. It's actually a good deal.
Well I have my problems with that cause the old consoles had a free online service and everything. In my opinion it's a step backwards and just another possibility to make money
Erotica
Legend

Postby MrRager » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:28 am

What selection of games do you get with the online? I'm not up for buying that even though it's cheap etc. I just want VC so I can get classics!
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby naughtynae » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:28 am

My advice to you is don't buy a Switch, you've literally complained about so many things without even buying one.
naughtynae
Legend

Postby naughtynae » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:32 am

MrRager wrote:What selection of games do you get with the online? I'm not up for buying that even though it's cheap etc. I just want VC so I can get classics!
It's not clear the full list I guess it will be updated as it goes along, titles mentioned are games like Super Mario 3. Online is added to these games also.
naughtynae
Legend

Postby Erotica » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:10 pm

naughtynae wrote:My advice to you is don't buy a Switch, you've literally complained about so many things without even buying one.
Well I will need it one day and I don't think that the console is bad, I think the console will be great, it's just the surrounding of it (paying for online services, deluxe versions of already existing games and so on)
Erotica
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:14 pm

This is always sold out over here :x
Tansike
Legend

Postby naughtynae » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:49 pm

Erotica wrote:
naughtynae wrote:My advice to you is don't buy a Switch, you've literally complained about so many things without even buying one.
Well I will need it one day and I don't think that the console is bad, I think the console will be great, it's just the surrounding of it (paying for online services, deluxe versions of already existing games and so on)
Those are all things you can avoid if you really want to. The other consoles charge for online and it seems like Nintendo are trying hard to make their online service actually worth it for once. I saw you complain about the deluxe versions of Wii u games, which I get. But playing Mario Kart 8 deluxe with my sister on a long train journey was soo worth buying the game again for me I get why they are doing it the Wii u was a huge flop but it had some great games that many didn't play.
naughtynae
Legend

Postby JeyBeMust » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:24 pm

Erotica wrote:I never was into Zelda games, too difficult for me, not my cup of tea
I thought that too. I've never been a fan, in fact I hated Zelda Twilight Princess when I bought the Wii in 2006.

But man... The new Zelda game changed my life. I'm being honest, I didn't have that much fun since the original Pokémon Red/Blue. And it's not that difficult to play with, you can buy the official guide or check the internet for tips and all the secrets.

I highly recommend you Zelda Breathe of the Wild :wink:
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby JeyBeMust » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:15 am

Have any of you bought Splatoon 2?

I've never played this IP before and I'm having so much fun so far. The Nintendo Switch is coming for blood!! :o

Splatoon 2 sold 670,955 units within first three days in Japan

"Splatoon 2 sold 670,955 copies within its first three days of release in Japan, according to Famitsu numbers, making it both the biggest debut for a Switch title and highest selling Switch title to date. This number includes physical game copies, download cards, and Splatoon 2 Switch hardware bundles, but does not include digital sales.

In comparison, the original Splatoon for Wii U sold 156,610 units within its first four days of release, and achieved lifetime sales of 1,512,789 units.

The latest Famitsu numbers also put total Switch hardware sales in Japan at 1,205,087. That’s for an almost five-month period, from March 3 to July 23.

Splatoon 2 launched for Switch on July 21."

Source: https://gematsu.com/2017/07/splatoon-2- ... days-japan

Probably over 750k with the eShop sales and that's crazy because Zelda and Mario Kart are both around 550k in total :o :o
Last edited by JeyBeMust on Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby Damiennatas1 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:14 pm

Wait. Splatoon outselling Zelda? :-?
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby MrRager » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:22 pm

Remember Zelda is on the Wii U aswell so that's probably why it did more..

Is Splatoon worth buying if you haven't played the first?
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby JeyBeMust » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:08 pm

MrRager wrote:Remember Zelda is on the Wii U aswell so that's probably why it did more..

Is Splatoon worth buying if you haven't played the first?
I didn't play the first one and I only bought the game because of my friends pushing me :lol:

Now I agree with them, the multiplayer experience and the originality is something far far superior to any game that I played before. I had doubts but after just 30 minutes I became a fan, "Splatoon" is simply stunning.

Overall, I still prefer Zelda, but you cannot compare Zelda, Mario Kart and Splatoon as these 3 games are completely different in every detail.

I'm serious, the game is worth it, try it and prepare yourself to sleep deprive weeks due the multiplayer battles 8-)
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby shrimpy_boy11 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:38 am

So Ive had a switch since launch but legitimately forgot to post in here :lol:

FC is SW-8555-4145-6607 if yah want to add me :D

Have Zelda, Mario Kart DX and Splatoon. I've also never played Splatoon but my mates kept pushing it. So far im struggling with the motion controls. BUT loving the game! So unique and deceivingly tactical.
Zelda was AMAZING have over 200 hours and its was totally worth my launch day purchase of a switch. Mario Kart... well i mario kart. Addicting and frustrating but ultimately this is the best MK as its a complete package
Lorde - Biggest thing in New Zealand. Royals... watch out world! - December 2012
shrimpy_boy11
Personal Assistant

Postby JeyBeMust » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:16 pm

shrimpy_boy11 wrote:So Ive had a switch since launch but legitimately forgot to post in here :lol:

FC is SW-8555-4145-6607 if yah want to add me :D

Have Zelda, Mario Kart DX and Splatoon. I've also never played Splatoon but my mates kept pushing it. So far im struggling with the motion controls. BUT loving the game! So unique and deceivingly tactical.
Zelda was AMAZING have over 200 hours and its was totally worth my launch day purchase of a switch. Mario Kart... well i mario kart. Addicting and frustrating but ultimately this is the best MK as its a complete package
Sorry mate, I've been on vacation and I didn't check this thread. I've already added you 8-)
Last edited by JeyBeMust on Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby JeyBeMust » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:17 pm

Hey guys, If you have a Nintendo Switch add me as a friend :)

FC: SW-5630-3123-3151
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby Damiennatas1 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:18 pm

This genuinely looks incredible, and I've never been the biggest Mario fan. I think I'll have to get this and a Switch for Christmas :D
Damiennatas1
Manager

Return to Internet & Technology