Nintendo Switch

Postby Storyteller » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:39 pm

Yeah they've stopped producing the WiiU.

So this is €280 here in Ireland, that's on the Nintendo store. Probably be more in shops like GameStop and Smyths.
But €280 isn't too bad I guess, I just hope they don't over price the games! I'd have bought so many WiiU games but they were so expensive and never seemed to decrease in price.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Damiennatas1 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:58 pm

Storyteller wrote:Yeah they've stopped producing the WiiU.

So this is €280 here in Ireland, that's on the Nintendo store. Probably be more in shops like GameStop and Smyths.
But €280 isn't too bad I guess, I just hope they don't over price the games! I'd have bought so many WiiU games but they were so expensive and never seemed to decrease in price.
What?! That's €50 cheaper than what GameStop was listing it for! Awesome! Have you got a link for that? I don't a quick search and couldn't find it.
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby Storyteller » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:46 pm

Damiennatas1 wrote:
Storyteller wrote:Yeah they've stopped producing the WiiU.

What?! That's €50 cheaper than what GameStop was listing it for! Awesome! Have you got a link for that? I don't a quick search and couldn't find it.
I don't, I read it in the Irish Examiner Saturday, I think.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby JimJim » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:03 am

ThaInfo1 wrote:So...I'm confused by this, they given up on the Wii U?

Also...will another Super Smash come out? Is that rumored or anything?
Yes, the Wii U is finished. Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be the last Wii U title released.

Super Smash Bros is confirmed to be in development for Switch, but it won't likely be out until late 2018-19.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby JeyBeMust » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:35 pm

Hey guys! The Switch release is coming! How many of you have a pre-order?

I pre-ordered one at Amazon but I have second thoughts. I don't want to spend 400€ (with a game) and having another Wii U situation :roll:
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby ThaInfo1 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:14 pm

^I think I'll like to get another Nintendo console and this one may be it. Haven't had one since the first Wii.

But I always wait at least a year unless their is a game that I must have. Any games that are coming out with it that you are interested in?
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Erotica » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:33 pm

For me there's none yet
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby JeyBeMust » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:04 am

ThaInfo1 wrote:^I think I'll like to get another Nintendo console and this one may be it. Haven't had one since the first Wii.

But I always wait at least a year unless their is a game that I must have. Any games that are coming out with it that you are interested in?
The new Zelda and Mario Kart (comes out in April, 28th), besides that I'll have to wait a few months to enjoy the system. But the thing is that I really love Mario Kart, it's just that I don't want to spend money in a platform which we don't know If it'll have third party support in the long run.
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby Erotica » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:40 pm

For me Mario Kart would be the reason to buy the console as soon as the game comes out, but as it's just a deluxe edition of the game I already have... :/
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Damiennatas1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:17 am

Yeah I've decided not to buy the Switch on launch, I could do with the extra cash and BotW looks nearly as good (sometimes even better) on the Wii U so I'm happy with that :D
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby themusicking » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:22 pm

It is out now in some parts of the world.

The new Legend Of Zelda game is getting perfect scores across many review sites Gamespot and IGN included. First game from this gen to get 10/10 on both Gamespot & IGN..so looking like it is one of the best games of this generation.
Usher | My Way | 8701 | Confessions | Here I Stand | Raymond Vs Raymond | Looking For Myself | Hard II Love
themusicking
Roadie

Postby JeyBeMust » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:09 pm

So... I finally got the Switch and let me tell you something, If I had any doubt it disappeared the very moment I opened the box.

That screen! The joy-cons, the design, the fluid and minimalist OS, a new eShop (which actually works fine!) and the amazing Zelda have me hooked up. Go to a store and try it, the feelings are brutal.

I couldn't remember the last time I bought a tech device which made me smile of pure joy. The Switch did. 8-)
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby Damiennatas1 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:40 pm

I really wanted to get the Switch (even preordered) but I just couldn't afford it. Still got Zelda for the Wii U. That game... <3 <3 <3
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby JeyBeMust » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:17 pm

Hey guys, If you get a Switch add me as a friend. My code is: SW-5630-3123-3151 :D
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby Michiel » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:35 am

I bought it! First of all Zelda is A+mazing!!!! Sucks that I have so much work to do, therefore I will be playing the game for months to come. At least this will kinda compensate for the lack of games on the new console (which was the biggest problem on the wii u and let's hope the switch will find a way to fix this in time). That being said the new console is brilliant. It's everything the wii u should have been and I love it. This is gonna be awesome if they handle it well.
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:34 pm

Is the Zelda game the only one that's out for this?
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Erotica » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:55 pm

No, also Bomberman, Just Dance 2017 and 1 2 Switch or how it is called
Erotica
Legend

Postby JeyBeMust » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:57 am

ThaInfo1 wrote:Is the Zelda game the only one that's out for this?
I also bought "Fast RMX" which is available at the eShop along some other indie games. The eShop will be a huge part of the Switch system with around 60 games to come just in 2017 :wink:
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby JeyBeMust » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:01 am

Michiel wrote:I bought it! First of all Zelda is A+mazing!!!! Sucks that I have so much work to do, therefore I will be playing the game for months to come. At least this will kinda compensate for the lack of games on the new console (which was the biggest problem on the wii u and let's hope the switch will find a way to fix this in time). That being said the new console is brilliant. It's everything the wii u should have been and I love it. This is gonna be awesome if they handle it well.
True. Btw, do you use amiibo? I just "discovered" that amiibo gives you once a day a lot of food, weapons, clothes and some other goodies. I don't have many amiibo figurines but I have a lot of Animal Crossing Amiibo Cards and those work too! Buying a few cards (3€ or something on Amazon) is way cheaper than traditional amiibo.

This girl is crazy, she has like 175 amiibo and also a lot of cards. You can see how it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWaOidQrSFo :wink:
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby JeyBeMust » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:32 pm

Yas!! I'm so happy! Nintendo Switch is the best selling console ever in Spain during its first week release. Not just for Nintendo systems, overall is the biggest launch ever!! 8-)
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby JeyBeMust » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:39 pm

Nintendo Plans to Double Switch Production after Strong Sales :o 8-)

"Nintendo is planning to double production of its Switch console, which launched on March 3, due to high demand, the Wall Street Journal reports.
Although Nintendo had initially intended to manufacture eight million Switch consoles, the company is said to produce 16 million during the fiscal year starting in April 2017. That means Nintendo is hoping to sell more than 10 million Switches in a 12-month period, according to the Journal."

Source: http://time.com/4705071/nintendo-switch-production/

Yas! Nintendo is back on track :D
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby jpguy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:44 pm

Amazing. Amazing. Simply amazing. I hope this "era" lasts a looooong time. I am so glad for this results.
::: Shinin', shinin', just like a DIAMOND, blindin' blindin' :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby JeyBeMust » Mon May 01, 2017 2:46 pm

The new "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe" is simply stunning. I spent the last 2 days playing with my family and some friends. They all loved it and 3 of them are planning to buy the Switch once the system is available in stock.

The Switch is like an Apple product. The photos are great but having the product on your hands is much more intense. Pics don't do justice vs. the real experience.

Btw...

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is Nintendo’s first game to hit #1 in the UK since 2011

"Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is off to a fantastic start in the UK. With the latest UK charts beginning to surface, this marks the first time that a Nintendo boxed game has reached the top spot since 2011. Pokemon White on DS was the last title to accoplish the feat. Additionally, it’s the first Mario game at the top spot since Mario Kart Wii in 2008."

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-kar ... ince-2011/
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby ThaInfo1 » Mon May 01, 2017 3:14 pm

^It looks good from the previews. Glad you're enjoying it.

jpguy wrote:Amazing. Amazing. Simply amazing. I hope this "era" lasts a looooong time. I am so glad for this results.
!!!!!
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby tyguy723 » Mon May 01, 2017 3:26 pm

Getting mine this Friday after my final exams :D
tyguy723
Manager

Return to Internet & Technology