TIDAL

Postby jpguy » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:56 am

Tidal is a mess from scratch... I feel bad for Jay ! : S
::: Shinin', shinin', just like a DIAMOND, blindin' blindin' :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby ShayLaB » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:30 am

Life is Pablo streamed 250 million times in 10 days.

250 million / 10 (days) / 3 million (subscribers) = 8.3 plays a day per subscriber

Unless I am missing something that's completely bogus.

Maybe 250 million tracks played.
ShayLaB
Manager

Postby DnBLover » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:34 am

That's how it counts anyway for Billboard. Any stream counts for the album, even if it's just the same song which is ridiculous.
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby JeyBeMust » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:17 pm

ShayLaB wrote:Life is Pablo streamed 250 million times in 10 days.

250 million / 10 (days) / 3 million (subscribers) = 8.3 plays a day per subscriber

Unless I am missing something that's completely bogus.

Maybe 250 million tracks played.
Yes, when they say 250 million they mean tracks, not the whole album. The Life Of Pablo has 19 songs, 19x250=4,750M streams. That means that everyone of their 3M subscribers streamed 1,583 songs.

When we say, ANTI has been streamed 390M times, or Justin Bieber broke Spotify's record with Purpose and its 2,7B streams, the industry means tracks. This is just because some albums like Coldplay's have 11 songs, and others like The Life Of Pablo have 19 tracks.
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby Mikerocha » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:36 pm

Am I the one that still hates the new app update? How childish is that spinning record?

I want the old version back :wink:
The HD album cover on ipad was perfec.
I'm ready to be loved and love the way I should
Life's about, life's about to get good
Mikerocha
Superstar

Postby JeyBeMust » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:19 pm

The IFPI 2015 report is public now 8-)

Some interesting info about the music industry:

- Global Music Revenue +3.2% (the first year with a positive update (a relevant one) since the year 2000)
- Digital Overtakes Physical with 45%
- Global digital revenues +10.2%
- Streaming revenues +45.2%
- Consumption is exploding, streams in the US +93%
- Physical revenues -4.5%
- Audience of ad-supported user upload service 900M
- Ad-supported revenues sector accounts for an estimated 4% of global music industry revenues
- Download revenues -10.5%
- Spotify has a estimated revenue per user in the US of $18 while YouTube has <$1 per user

Paid Subscribers To Subscription Services
2012 - 20M
2013 - 28M
2014 - 41M
2015 - 68M :o

Streaming Growth Year On Year 2011-2015
2011 - +46.7%
2012 - +56%
2013 - +40.9%
2014 - +37.5%
2015 - +45.2%

You can read the whole report here: http://www.ifpi.org/downloads/GMR2016.pdf
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby oaknuys » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:54 pm

So the Tidal rage is off again at itunes and that probably means not so many new people are using it again.

Isnt it?
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby JeyBeMust » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:57 pm

oaknuys wrote:So the Tidal rage is off again at itunes and that probably means not so many new people are using it again.

Isnt it?
Tidal is a mess but they are growing slow, but with decent numbers, they have +3M paid subscribers (1.35M from its $19,99 tier). Let's see If after The Life Of Pablo mess they find some stability.

Also, TIDAL and Kanye West were sued by some guy who claims that Kanye deliberately deceived everyone claiming that TLOP would never be on Apple Music, iTunes or Spotify and now is everywhere, even in the free Spotify tier :lol:
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby urbanmusik » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:59 pm

Did anyone else get charged after a month despite having a 90 day free trial? I noticed TIDAL had charged £19.99 through my paypal; shoutout to Kirsty at TIDAL for hooking me up with the refund, Jay's trained you well.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby urbanmusik » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:57 am

How Well Can You Hear Audio Quality?

Played this on speakers and guessed 5/6 correctly. I guessed 320kbps mp3 on Dark Horse.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby JeyBeMust » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:08 pm

urbanmusik wrote:How Well Can You Hear Audio Quality?

Played this on speakers and guessed 5/6 correctly. I guessed 320kbps mp3 on Dark Horse.
Ok, I think I maybe have a problem 'cause I missed 5 out of 6 :lol: :lol: :lol:

I used high quality headphones (Bose over €300) so I think I'm turning into a deaf man :roll:
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby Hugo » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:32 pm

How to listen to Prince's music online

The shocking news of Prince's death has fans, new and old, turning to their Spotify, Pandora and Apple Music apps, only to find them barren of his hits. If you don't feel like driving to your local record store or spending money on iTunes, unfortunately, your options for listening to His Royal Badness are limited.

Last year The Purple One removed his music from popular streaming music sites, save for one: Tidal. You can stream his latest and greatest on Tidal and, if you don't have an account, you can sign up for a 30-day free trial.

Other temporary solutions include Minnesota radio station, 89.3 The Current, and SiriusXM satellite radio station, '80s on 8, which will be playing Prince all day.

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-liste ... 05-10aaa0a
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Hugo » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:56 pm

90 DAYS 8-)

"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Merci » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:11 pm

urbanmusik wrote:Did anyone else get charged after a month despite having a 90 day free trial? I noticed TIDAL had charged £19.99 through my paypal; shoutout to Kirsty at TIDAL for hooking me up with the refund, Jay's trained you well.
it was prolly solange
I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby Hugo » Tue May 03, 2016 9:13 am

Neil Young's Discography Available on Tidal

Last year, Neil Young removed the majority of his music from streaming services. "I don't need my music to be devalued by the worst quality in the history of broadcasting or any other form of distribution," he wrote. Last summer, only Young's output for Geffen Records in the 1980s were available on Spotify, Apple Music, and Tidal. "When the quality is back, I'll give it another look," he wrote at the time. "Never say never." Today, it appears that Young's entire discography has returned to Tidal—albums from his self-titled debut to 2015's The Monsanto Years. Young recently announced that a new album called EARTH is coming on June 17.

http://pitchfork.com/news/65207-neil-yo ... -on-tidal/
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby JeyBeMust » Tue May 03, 2016 2:27 pm

Merci wrote:
urbanmusik wrote:Did anyone else get charged after a month despite having a 90 day free trial? I noticed TIDAL had charged £19.99 through my paypal; shoutout to Kirsty at TIDAL for hooking me up with the refund, Jay's trained you well.
it was prolly solange
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby toxicALIENS » Wed May 04, 2016 6:53 pm

BS:TS:IA:NM
toxicALIENS
Superstar

Postby Hugo » Fri May 13, 2016 9:16 pm

Impact! Beyonce’s ‘Lemonade’ Gifts TIDAL 1.2 Million New Users

For Jay Z’s TIDAL, it was the release of his wife Beyonce‘s ‘Lemonade’ LP that really positioned the platform as a plausible player.
The controversial project landed on the service first in the form of a stream and was released to retail 24 hours later. As at writing, it remains a TIDAL-only property on the streaming front.
Today, data released by the service, unveiled just how profitable said moves have been.
Full story below…
TIDAL revealed the following:
1.2 Million users have joined since the debut of ‘Lemonade’
The album has been streamed 306 Million times worldwide
229 Million of said streams came from the USA
The LP’s accompanying movie has been watched 11 Million times

The numbers are phenomenal on all fronts. Especially when considering that ‘Lemonade’ is generating figures that double, triple, and even quadruple the the averages of major releases on much larger services such as Spotify and Apple Music.
Having touted a user-base of 3 Million back in March and adding 1.2 Million into the mix now, TIDAL is showing that with the right power plays it can make sizeable and rapid gains.
The task now will be for the service to consistently engage rather than continue the “big release…then silence” strategy that has defined it since its messy launch.

Read more: http://thatgrapejuice.net/2016/05/impac ... z48Za4F6ym
Follow us: @ThatGrapeJuice on Twitter | ThatGrapeJuiceOfficial on Facebook
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby ECE » Wed May 18, 2016 6:44 pm

So the other day my free trial I got from Rihanna's album expired... being the mess they are, I was low-key hoping they'd forget to cancel my account :lol: Oh well, time for Spotify.
ECE
Superstar

Postby JeyBeMust » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:19 pm

"Not only is streaming becoming the economic force that’s driving dollars to the once-beleaguered rights holders, it’s also enabling millions of fans to discover music on a scale that wasn’t previously possible, enabling them to access new or unfamiliar music more easily than ever before.

Sales plus steaming (SPS) has become the clearest way to look at what’s hot and what’s not, and if you don’t know how to analyze these numbers, you will be at a loss to understand music’s place in pop culture today."

http://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=301401

"Let's take a look at streaming account shares based on the Top 1000 songs last week. The change represents an increase or decrease since mid-March. These are only snapshots and not especially scientific. But the stats below provide a reasonable illustration of Apple’s growth even as Spotify remains dominant. Interestingly, Amazon maintains its position as the #3 streaming service, although it lags far behind the two leaders.

Spotify: 60.16% (-4.93%)
Apple Music: 29.42% (+4.75%)
Amazon: 5.29% (+0.16%)
Tidal: 2.64% (+0.80%)
Google: 2.49% (-0.78%) "

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=301404

I thought TIDAL impact was much bigger, at least 6-7% of the streaming pie :roll:
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby Hugo » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:27 pm

And to think Beyoncé got the biggest streaming week by a female ever with TIDAL (only) should give an idea of her streaming power.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby JeyBeMust » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:43 pm

Hugo wrote:And to think Beyoncé got the biggest streaming week by a female ever with TIDAL (only) should give an idea of her streaming power.
True. But we have to keep in mind that her record comprehends also trial accounts while this graphic (the one about TIDAL share) don't. Impressive achievement in any case 8-)
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby KokoCollino » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:16 pm

New UK numbers:

All accounts
Spotify accounts (free, premium trial + paid): 5.7 million
Apple Music accounts (trial + paid): 2.6 million

Paid-only accouts
Spotify: 3.6 million
Apple Music: 1 million
Deezer: 0.5 million
Google Play Music: 0.5 million

They don't mention Tidal numbers, they just say it "is below the 1 per cent threshold" of UK citizens that are subscribed to it ...

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2016/06/spotif ... ple-music/
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby JeyBeMust » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:37 pm

Apple is reportedly buying TIDAL :o

"According to a new report out of the Wall Street Journal, Apple is in talks to acquire Tidal, the Jay Z owned streaming service. While specific details are unclear at this point, Apple acquiring title would give it an incredible leg up when it comes to negotiating for exclusive streaming rights.

Tidal is currently owned by Jay Z and a variety of other artists, including Kanye West, Beyonce, Chris Martin, Jack White, and many more. Negotiations between Apple and Jay Z are reportedly still early and “may not result in a deal,” according to the report.

Apple is interested in Tidal because of its strong ties to artists, many of which are owners. Tidal has secured the exclusive streaming rights to a handful of notable albums in recent months, including Beyonce’s Lemonade and Kanye West’s The Life of Pablo."

http://9to5mac.com/2016/06/30/report-ap ... /?pushup=1
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby urbanmusik » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:01 pm

Come thru Apple! They're really upping the anti on their battle with Spotify. The artist connections they'll gain with TIDAL acquisition are valuable.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Return to Internet & Technology