Apple Music & Beats 1

Moderator: menime123

Postby Play » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:42 am

I think we should compare the streaming numbers of songs in billboard charts, since Apple Music is the biggest addition to the numbers we can make it out
Play
Legend

Postby MusicJunk90 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:00 pm

It's sooooo buggy, and i have NO IDEA about this icloud library thingy, but it's free so it's fine for now. The playlists are really quite atrocious though...why are they only 10 songs? Spotify definitely has the advantage here. I like being able to play a playlist for a certain mood/ event, share my own playlists, subscribe to others etc. If Apple's playlists are curated by experts, they sure do not seem that way imo.
MusicJunk90
Personal Assistant

Postby t_dot » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:54 pm

Why is this in News & Gossip still, wouldn't it be better suited in Mad About Music.
You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.
t_dot
Superstar

Postby Thriller » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:57 pm

It was originally in there but nobody replied until it went to News & Gossip...

Shallow UKMixers
Thriller

Postby urbanmusik » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:14 am

We should move it to Internet & Technology.

Apple music is the buggiest thing ever. A few days ago it wouldn't play music for the most part and wasn't updating my iPhone with the songs I added to my music on iTunes. I disabled Apple Music and iCloud on my iPhone to try ad resolve the problem, but no matter how many times I disabled it the bugged out iCloud library still remained. I had to do a complete factory restore on my iPhone to solve the problem :roll: .

It's working well now, bar the fact iCloud is a mess and hasn't matched loads of songs in my library. I'm just gonna have to deal with messed up artwork & dodgy remixes.

6 or 7 tracks on the Ariana Grande album have been uploaded with the same wrong audio file (one of the boring ballads) & Love Me Harder simply won't play, I think Apple are trying to tell me something :lol: .
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby Tansike » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:38 am

It didn't add new songs/albums from iTunes to my iPhone as well a few days ago, but i had to switch off the iPhone completely and it worked afterwards.
But i still have lots of problems with wrong artworks, songs that got 'deleted' because there are more than just one with the same name for an artist, and some wrong audios as well.

Also, speaking about Ariana's album. I have two albums now... some tracks are under "My Everything", and some under "My Everything (Deluxe Edition)" instead all on one like before :roll:
Tansike
Legend

Postby jpguy » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:05 am

From what I've read it's a mess and it's so buggy and complicated :-? :-? :-?
::: Christina Aguilera - Liberation IS COMING 6.15.18 :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby Oldmacs » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:41 am

jpguy wrote:From what I've read it's a mess and it's so buggy and complicated :-? :-? :-?
I've found it relatively non buggy, but it hans'ed been integrated that well with iTunes or with music (on iOS devices).
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby Tansike » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:01 pm

Anyone else got the problem that when you switch the country for your iTunes store and go back to yours, all the stuff you added to your library from apple music is gone? :-?
Tansike
Legend

Postby t_dot » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:05 pm

Tansike wrote:Anyone else got the problem that when you switch the country for your iTunes store and go back to yours, all the stuff you added to your library from apple music is gone? :-?
Yes, and it's because all your streaming is based on your region. It's annoying, because I always like to go to random countries and see what's in their top 10. :lol:
You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.
t_dot
Superstar

Postby Tansike » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:09 pm

^ wow, that's really annoying :o

I can't play explicit songs now as well. I hope they fix that soon...
Tansike
Legend

Postby mark2809 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:59 pm

I'm starting to reconsider keeping this on after the free trial, it doesn't work properly 100% of the time! Like my playlists sometimes play 2 songs, freezes then shuts down the app? Annoyinggg!
Grow up Veronica!
mark2809
Personal Assistant

Postby Airwrecka » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:39 pm

The latest iTunes update has completely fuc|<ed my entire library up. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I've spent all evening trying to restore it properly. That bloody iCloud Music thing has changed loads of song titles, they've changed the artists to include the names of features, they've taken accents away from my foreign language music, they've renamed albums to ugly single titles with the word single included, they've grouped songs from different sources in one album, they've changed the artwork, they've completely fuc|<ed everything.

I'm so p!ssed right now. :evil: :evil: :evil:
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby CrazyCrazy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:45 pm

I'm so glad I'm just being basic and using the store and just playing normally from iTunes, Apple Music, icloud or whatever sounds like the pits. :lol:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Oldmacs » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:47 am

Everyone should remember that Apple Music is essentially still in beta... Every new service has issues, so unless you want to live with bigs, i don't recommend anyone really use it until its at V.2
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby ShayLaB » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:26 am

Oldmacs wrote:Everyone should remember that Apple Music is essentially still in beta... Every new service has issues, so unless you want to live with bigs, i don't recommend anyone really use it until its at V.2
A beta is when you release it to a select group for real-life testing....like Google are doing with their new version of the Marshmallow operating system.

This was a full product, main stage stage announcement, no beta mentioned release of the app.

I have heard some horrible stories about how the track/artist matching in the library appears to work and it's no wonder there are issues. You have a song by an artist on a studio album and a live album...good luck with that.

It's just broken.

It will be fixed but it's clearly not ready.
ShayLaB
Manager

Postby Oldmacs » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:44 pm

ShayLaB wrote:
Oldmacs wrote:Everyone should remember that Apple Music is essentially still in beta... Every new service has issues, so unless you want to live with bigs, i don't recommend anyone really use it until its at V.2
A beta is when you release it to a select group for real-life testing....like Google are doing with their new version of the Marshmallow operating system.

This was a full product, main stage stage announcement, no beta mentioned release of the app.

I have heard some horrible stories about how the track/artist matching in the library appears to work and it's no wonder there are issues. You have a song by an artist on a studio album and a live album...good luck with that.

It's just broken.

It will be fixed but it's clearly not ready.
Thus I said "Essentially In Beta". Spotify was also buggy at launch and so is just about every single other service. Personally I think Apple should have launched it with a beta tag. People also need to have some common sense when it comes to new software, wait 6 months for the bugs to be fixed and that usually does the trick.
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby Airwrecka » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:27 pm

The responsibility isn't with users to wait six months before downloading, it lies with Apple who need to fix their shit before they make the updates available, or else offer it as an optional beta with the relevant disclaimer.
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby Oldmacs » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:27 am

Airwrecka wrote:The responsibility isn't with users to wait six months before downloading, it lies with Apple who need to fix their shit before they make the updates available, or else offer it as an optional beta with the relevant disclaimer.
Yes sure Apple should tell people, but people also need to have common sense not to download brand new software.... If you work in software you'll know that no matter how much testing is done bad coding gets through, as no testing can simulate actually being sued by a vast majority of people and some bugs will be mixed, especially when you're rolling out to the number of people Apple are. I have no doubt in my mind that Apple is fully responsible in providing software which is as finished as possible, but sometimes that is not possible, and thats where common sense about upgrades should kick in.
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby taylorfan » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:44 am

Hi guys,

I've been on vacation the whole summer, so I didn't have time to watch how the streaming service of Apple changed the game and the charts. Could you sum it up for me?

1) How big is it, compared to Spotify? Especially in the US.

2) Did we see changes in the charts? Like Taylor Swift, whose songs are not available on Spotify (really?? never heard of that :lol: ), did she benefit from it on the charts or not?

3) Have the downloads gone down since the launch or not specifically?

4) Does the kworb website include those streams in his chart or is it still only pure sales?

Thanks a lot for your answers!
taylorfan
Superstar

Postby Guru » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:49 pm

For many Apple users, October’s credit card statement will be the first that has a line on it for Apple Music. With the ninety-day free trial rolling over to a paid subscription, this is the key moment for Apple Music. Will people continue to stay subscribed to Apple’s model of a subscription music service? Has the service delivered enough value? Does it compare favourably to the current leading streaming players?

Personally, the answer is no.

Close to four months have passed since launch, and the Apple Music experience has not been improved in any substantial way. The package that Apple delivered out of the box was horribly mainstream, with a huge focus on popular artists. In my time exploring the playlists and radio it has been hard to find niche music in the package. Having seen countless people set up their Apple Music profile when they were forced to move to the updated Music app in iOS 8.4, I’d be confident that every single Apple Music user was offered Taylor Swift as a musical recommendation. Those bubbles forced mainstream pop music recommendation into everyone’s system, so is it any wonder I’m offered Katy Perry, One Direction, and Miley Cyrus, when a quick glance through my music collection would show that a focus on more Progressive Rock and East European Dance music would be more appropriate?

Apple Music still hasn’t worked this out. Why is it not using the data it can collect to better effect?

Just as the Apple Music recommendations have not been updated, the actual application itself has not seen any major changes. Beyond fighting the huge firestorm of bugs that caused Apple Music, iTunes, and the iCloud Music Library to clash in the cloud-sync process with little clear information on what was going on, the application has maintained a steady state since launch.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/ ... r=yahootix
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Rihab » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:21 pm

I'll stay subscribed. I'm sharing the family plan with my friends, so it's less than 4€ a month for each of us.
Rihab
Legend

Postby JeyBeMust » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:22 am

Hi! How many of you still use Apple Music?

Since the last update everything is smooth. I like Spotify but the family plan is a big deal, I'm sharing with my cousins and my best friend and everyone is happy. They never buy CD's or had previously the Spotify premium account so (thanks to me) I have monetized 5 lazy users :lol:
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby JeyBeMust » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:50 pm

Ok, we have a new update. Apple Music has 10M paid suscribers now (in just 6 months) 8-)

http://9to5mac.com/2016/01/10/apple-mus ... bscribers/
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby mark2809 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:54 pm

I kept my subscription and happily pay the £10 a month fee, it seems to run smoothly now.. I love it!
Grow up Veronica!
mark2809
Personal Assistant

Return to Internet & Technology