Apple Music & Beats 1

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu May 12, 2016 8:51 pm

JeyBeMust wrote:Apple is closing iTunes and focusing on Apple Music as streaming is the imminent future. The iTunes Store will cese all activities in 2 years max.
Let's hope not, streaming isn't for everyone, what about those who don't want to stream music? I guess we don't exist/matter? :lol: Amazon MP3 among others will remain open for quite some time I guess.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Storyteller » Thu May 12, 2016 10:36 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:
JeyBeMust wrote:Apple is closing iTunes and focusing on Apple Music as streaming is the imminent future. The iTunes Store will cese all activities in 2 years max.
Let's hope not, streaming isn't for everyone, what about those who don't want to stream music? I guess we don't exist/matter? :lol: Amazon MP3 among others will remain open for quite some time I guess.
It's been denied by Apple
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby KokoCollino » Thu May 12, 2016 11:19 pm

There will also be a market for audiophile HD downloads, I'm sure.
It already exists.
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby JeyBeMust » Sat May 21, 2016 1:59 am

Do you think that Apple Music gained a lot of new subscribers with Drake's album?

I mean, Rihanna added 1M to TIDAL, Kanye West more than 3M and Beyoncé another 1,3M...
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby GetBack » Sat May 21, 2016 2:34 am

JeyBeMust wrote:I mean, Rihanna added 1M to TIDAL, Kanye West more than 3M and Beyoncé another 1,3M...
Is that verified? or just another TIDAL press release?
GetBack
Legend

Postby JeyBeMust » Sat May 21, 2016 10:23 pm

GetBack wrote:
JeyBeMust wrote:I mean, Rihanna added 1M to TIDAL, Kanye West more than 3M and Beyoncé another 1,3M...
Is that verified? or just another TIDAL press release?
These are TIDAL statements. They claimed the following numbers:

Before Rihanna: 1M
Rihanna: +1M
Kanye West: +3M
Beyoncé: +1,3M

But people are just paying 1 month and they're abandoning the platform. Before Beyoncé's late release they claimed that they had already 3M subscribers (1,35M expensive tier and 1,65M with the cheaper tier). If people maintain the subscriptions their numbers should be +5M before "Lemonade" and close to 6,5M or 7M. But they have just 4M subscribers right now... :roll:
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby mark2809 » Sun May 22, 2016 12:13 pm

I subscribe and pay for Apple Music, love it! I subscribed to Tidal recently for the Beyonce album, however, only using the free 30 day trial!
Grow up Veronica!
mark2809
Personal Assistant

Postby JeyBeMust » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:20 pm

"Not only is streaming becoming the economic force that’s driving dollars to the once-beleaguered rights holders, it’s also enabling millions of fans to discover music on a scale that wasn’t previously possible, enabling them to access new or unfamiliar music more easily than ever before.

Sales plus steaming (SPS) has become the clearest way to look at what’s hot and what’s not, and if you don’t know how to analyze these numbers, you will be at a loss to understand music’s place in pop culture today."

http://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=301401

"Let's take a look at streaming account shares based on the Top 1000 songs last week. The change represents an increase or decrease since mid-March. These are only snapshots and not especially scientific. But the stats below provide a reasonable illustration of Apple’s growth even as Spotify remains dominant. Interestingly, Amazon maintains its position as the #3 streaming service, although it lags far behind the two leaders.

Spotify: 60.16% (-4.93%)
Apple Music: 29.42% (+4.75%)
Amazon: 5.29% (+0.16%)
Tidal: 2.64% (+0.80%)
Google: 2.49% (-0.78%) "

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=301404

Apple Music is growing like crazy, streaming is really saving the industry 8-)
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby KokoCollino » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:22 pm

^ Yeah, but it would be fair to see how much downloads decreased before and after the launch of Apple Music ...
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby JeyBeMust » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:53 pm

KokoCollino wrote:^ Yeah, but it would be fair to see how much downloads decreased before and after the launch of Apple Music ...
Sales are decreasing everywhere, not only iTunes. Physical sales, digital sales on Amazon, everywhere... People are migrating to streaming platforms and digital sales will continue declining.

In my case, I love to buy vinyls but on my daily basis I use Apple Music the most because I spent many hours away from home.
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby KokoCollino » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:46 pm

^ Definitely, it would be great though if Apple Music could immediately absorb iTunes download decline...
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby JeyBeMust » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:12 pm

15 million paid subscribers!! And new design! 8-)

The lyrics integrated!!! :D
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby Rihab » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:19 pm

Not sure if I like the new design. It looks confusing. :oops:
Rihab
Legend

Postby JeyBeMust » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:51 pm

Rihab wrote:Not sure if I like the new design. It looks confusing. :oops:
Yep, I don't think the design was a problem but we'll see once get use it. Anyway, just with the "lyrics integration" I'm satisfied 8-)
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby JeyBeMust » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:22 pm

This info is for the ones who hate streaming. Today is not your day :lol: :lol: First Nielsen, then the RIAA and Billboard, and now the Grammy Awards embraced streaming as it became the biggest source of revenue in the music industry. Is the right move, tho, as pure sales are declining so hard.

"Today, the Recording Academy announced that streaming-only releases will now be eligible for consideration for Grammy nominations, one of five big changes that will be implemented immediately. The 59th annual Grammy Awards are set to take place Feb. 12, 2017."

"As streaming becomes the dominant music consumption platform -- it became the biggest single source of revenue for the U.S. music industry in 2015, according to the RIAA -- the battle between services over exclusive releases and windowing has heated up, particularly between Apple Music and Tidal."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... le-changes
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby KokoCollino » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:17 pm

New UK numbers:

All accounts
Spotify accounts (free, premium trial + paid): 5.7 million
Apple Music accounts (trial + paid): 2.6 million

Paid-only accouts
Spotify: 3.6 million
Apple Music: 1 million
Deezer: 0.5 million
Google Play Music: 0.5 million

They don't mention Tidal numbers, they just say it "is below the 1 per cent threshold" of UK citizens that are subscribed to it ...

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2016/06/spotif ... ple-music/
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby JeyBeMust » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:13 pm

Thanks @KokoCollino! I love seeing all these updates. Although I prefer Apple Music above Spotify, I think is healthy If Apple feels the pressure and force themselves to push their limits and do more amazing stuff. Too much success is bad for a company because they don't need to innovate anymore.
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby KokoCollino » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:51 pm

^ Exactly, I really like the competition that is going on :D
But I don't like exclusives ... it's so uncreative ... just make it available for everyone no matter which service they own and create something more special as a campaign :lol:
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby JeyBeMust » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:11 pm

Yes, I hate exclusives too. They should add some value to their service creating something unexpected, not windowing releases. For example, the family account for $14,99 (6 members) was a huge deal, but I didn't watch on TV any advertisement campaign about Apple Music. I signed because I'm a stan and I don't like how Spotify pays so little money, specially the free tier streams, plus I love Apple :lol: :lol: :lol:
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby JeyBeMust » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:38 pm

Apple is reportedly buying TIDAL, this would be awesome for exclusives!!! :o :o :o

"According to a new report out of the Wall Street Journal, Apple is in talks to acquire Tidal, the Jay Z owned streaming service. While specific details are unclear at this point, Apple acquiring title would give it an incredible leg up when it comes to negotiating for exclusive streaming rights.

Tidal is currently owned by Jay Z and a variety of other artists, including Kanye West, Beyonce, Chris Martin, Jack White, and many more. Negotiations between Apple and Jay Z are reportedly still early and “may not result in a deal,” according to the report.

Apple is interested in Tidal because of its strong ties to artists, many of which are owners. Tidal has secured the exclusive streaming rights to a handful of notable albums in recent months, including Beyonce’s Lemonade and Kanye West’s The Life of Pablo."

http://9to5mac.com/2016/06/30/report-ap ... /?pushup=1
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:54 pm

Could be interesting.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Storyteller » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:56 pm

Smart move by Apple :o Jay-Z would be a fool to refuse!
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Rihab » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:23 pm

This afternoon, Apple submitted a preliminary proposal to the U.S. Copyright Royalty Board to simplify the way music-streaming companies pay songwriters and publishers -- in a way that could make it more expensive for rivals like Spotify and YouTube to keep offering free streaming.

Right now, streaming companies pay songwriters and publishers between 10.5 percent and 12 percent of their overall revenue, according to a complicated formula. (Labels and other owners of recording copyrights negotiate their own terms.)

Apple, which has always had a gift for creative simplicity, wants to make this process easier and more transparent, according to a copy of the filing obtained by Billboard. The company’s proposal to the Copyright Royalty Board suggests a simple, “all-in” statutory rate that would be “fair, simple and transparent, unlike the incredibly complicated structure that currently exists.” It suggests a rate of $0.00091 per interactive stream, or 9.1 cents per hundred plays. The songwriting royalties for 100 streams would equal those for one download, which has an appealing simplicity.

Apple’s suggested royalty structure would make accounting simpler and more transparent, but it would also make it more costly to run a free service, since streaming companies would have to pay a minimum rate, rather than a percentage of revenue. The current system arguably benefits Spotify and YouTube, since their free tiers don’t generate much revenue compared to paid services. At the same time, such a rate could reduce the royalties paid to songwriters and publishers from services like Rhapsody.

Source
Apple is so smart and such a bitch. :lol: :lol:

This would definitely end Spotify free once and for all.
Rihab
Legend

Postby JeyBeMust » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:19 am

I think that the Spotify "free tier" did an amazing job bringing people to the streaming world. But now that paying for Netflix, Apple Music or Spotify "paid tier" is so usual, they should limit the free suscriptions and add more benefits to the ones who pay every month.
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby JeyBeMust » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:28 am

This is war, Apple keeps buying more exclusives for Apple Music :o

"Apple scores another win as Britney Spears’ new album ‘Glory’ to be Apple Music exclusive

Just after it was revealed that Frank Ocean’s highly-anticapted album “Boys Don’t Cry” would be coming exclusively to Apple Music, another high-ticket exclusive has been revealed. Britney Spears today announced that her new album, her first in three years, will be coming exclusively to Apple Music on August 26th..."

http://9to5mac.com/2016/08/03/britney-s ... ple-music/
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Return to Internet & Technology