Web Browsers

Postby Colbie » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:07 pm

I use firefox ;-)
Mic Mic Bungee
Colbie
Superstar

Postby Virgostar » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:24 am

Have used Firefox for a long time, can't see myself using anything else, except maybe Opera if I get a new phone.
Let's embrace the point of no return.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby Oldmacs » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:38 am

I use Safari. Safari is fast, reliable and not very resource intensive. That plus its really the only decent iOS browser and since I use an iPad and iPhone, its just convenient for cross device syncing. I use IE when I occasionally use a PC (Chrome is a freaking diaster on the Mac, and even on the PC, I'm not fussed on the lack of privacy) Never really got into firefox though. Microsoft Edge is great, from the limited use I've give n it.
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby Wayne » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:57 pm

If, like me, you were seriously pissed off when Google disabled the backspace function in Chrome via their latest update [pressing backspace allowing you to skip back to a previous page] - then there is an extension you can download from Google themselves that turns the function back on!

Why the stupid morons decided to disable it to begin with is beyond me.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby flopho » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:02 pm

went from Chrome to Firefox to Opera, nothing to complain so far
Shame on me for changing...no, shame on you for staying the same
flopho
Legend

Postby beredy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:04 pm

Oldmacs wrote:I use Safari. Safari is fast, reliable and not very resource intensive. That plus its really the only decent iOS browser and since I use an iPad and iPhone, its just convenient for cross device syncing. I use IE when I occasionally use a PC (Chrome is a freaking diaster on the Mac, and even on the PC, I'm not fussed on the lack of privacy) Never really got into firefox though. Microsoft Edge is great, from the limited use I've give n it.
Edge great? LOL. Safari IS resource intensive. Old Opera was best until they went for Chromium/Blink engine. Vivaldi is a promising browser also.
beredy
Manager

Postby Wayne » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:06 pm

Going to give Opera a go.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Leesal » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:44 pm

I used to use Chrome for a long time but then switched to Firefox with the latest Chrome update. Some features bothered me, but now I am finding myself missing it and will probably switch back to it. I also read about its plans to make browsing even more secure by signalling unencrypted sites in this article, which sounds pretty good to me. Back to Chrome I go!
Leesal
Groupie

Return to Internet & Technology