Snapchat

 

Postby thankfulforkelly » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:56 pm

I always perceive this app as being a more "young" thing, with not very many adults on. So I'm curious how many of you guys have Snapchat and what you think of it?

Also whilst we're at it my snapchat is joethompsmith :wink:
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
User avatar
thankfulforkelly
Manager
 
Posts: 4379
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015

Postby Nippian93 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:57 pm

I have never used to be honest and I don't think I will.
❤Whitney Houston
User avatar
Nippian93
Legend
 
Posts: 28764
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016

Postby Airwrecka » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:12 pm

I have it.

My friends use it to save paying for picture messaging, and the face overlays are fun. :D
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject
 
Posts: 13736
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013
Location: Winterfell

Postby jpguy » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:09 am

Add me: bionicgt
::: Shinin', shinin', just like a DIAMOND, blindin' blindin' :::
User avatar
jpguy
Legend
 
Posts: 23850
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007
Location: The Voice

Postby JimJim » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:44 am

I'm in my mid-20s and everyone I know has it, been using it religiously for about 4 years.
User avatar
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse
 
Posts: 26275
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008
Location: Melbourne, Aus

Postby MusicRecords » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:25 pm

Airwrecka wrote:I have it.

My friends use it to save paying for picture messaging, and the face overlays are fun. :D
You have to pay for picture messaging separately these days? :o :lol:
User avatar
MusicRecords
Superstar
 
Posts: 9493
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012
Location: New York City & Vienna

Postby Airwrecka » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:49 pm

MusicRecords wrote:
Airwrecka wrote:I have it.

My friends use it to save paying for picture messaging, and the face overlays are fun. :D
You have to pay for picture messaging separately these days? :o :lol:
I dunno lol, that's what they said. :lol:

My network charges me extra for picture messaging, but I tend to just use iMessage.
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject
 
Posts: 13736
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013
Location: Winterfell

Postby mattsky » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:05 pm

themattsky
Happiness ain't prison, but there's freedom in a broken heart
User avatar
mattsky
Superstar
 
Posts: 8320
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009
Location: Khia's hood

Postby Rihab » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:55 pm

Airwrecka wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:
Airwrecka wrote:I have it.

My friends use it to save paying for picture messaging, and the face overlays are fun. :D
You have to pay for picture messaging separately these days? :o :lol:
I dunno lol, that's what they said. :lol:

My network charges me extra for picture messaging, but I tend to just use iMessage.
Wth, tell them about Whatsapp. :o :lol:
User avatar
Rihab
Legend
 
Posts: 17240
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010
Location: Germany

Postby toxicALIENS » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:02 pm

I think it's a bit different because if you use imessage to send a picture you're sending it over the internet, what Airwrecka means is that when you send a picture as a text (with no internet) it's more expensive :lol:
BS:TS:IA:NM
User avatar
toxicALIENS
Superstar
 
Posts: 5472
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013

Postby Rihab » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:05 pm

toxicALIENS wrote:I think it's a bit different because if you use imessage to send a picture you're sending it over the internet, what Airwrecka means is that when you send a picture as a text (with no internet) it's more expensive :lol:
Yeah, but why would you do that? :lol:
User avatar
Rihab
Legend
 
Posts: 17240
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010
Location: Germany

Postby toxicALIENS » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:06 pm

Who knows :lol:
BS:TS:IA:NM
User avatar
toxicALIENS
Superstar
 
Posts: 5472
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013

Postby Storyteller » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:06 pm

Rihab95 wrote:
toxicALIENS wrote:I think it's a bit different because if you use imessage to send a picture you're sending it over the internet, what Airwrecka means is that when you send a picture as a text (with no internet) it's more expensive :lol:
Yeah, but why would you do that? :lol:
Some people I know still use mms, I guess they don't know how to use anything else :lol:
User avatar
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova
 
Posts: 13329
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012
Location: The Good Ol’ Boys Club

Postby Airwrecka » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:05 pm

So how do you text a photo from an Apple to Android phone without using MMS or email? :-?
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject
 
Posts: 13736
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013
Location: Winterfell

Postby Storyteller » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:07 pm

Airwrecka wrote:So how do you text a photo from an Apple to Android phone without using MMS or email? :-?
Whatsapp, cover, Facebook messenger, blackberry messenger etc. :wink:
User avatar
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova
 
Posts: 13329
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012
Location: The Good Ol’ Boys Club

Postby Airwrecka » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:14 pm

IrishLamb wrote:
Airwrecka wrote:So how do you text a photo from an Apple to Android phone without using MMS or email? :-?
Whatsapp, cover, Facebook messenger, blackberry messenger etc. :wink:
So it's no different to me saying my friends use snapchat then? :-? :lol:
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject
 
Posts: 13736
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013
Location: Winterfell

Postby biscuits » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:58 pm

Does Toni have it?
User avatar
biscuits
The Diva
 
Posts: 40788
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010

Postby Airwrecka » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:28 pm

biscuits wrote:Does Toni have it?


I want it too tho...
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject
 
Posts: 13736
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013
Location: Winterfell

Postby Rihab » Tue May 03, 2016 12:08 pm

I think this low-key flopped in Germany. I downloaded it a couple of days ago, but only 9 out of my 200+ contacts have it, and I only added 5 cause I don't like the rest. :( :lol:
User avatar
Rihab
Legend
 
Posts: 17240
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010
Location: Germany

Postby turbulent » Thu May 05, 2016 3:46 pm

Snapchat is pretty fun when most of your friends have it. Plus the filters are amazing, you can faceswap with your fave and do all sorts of weird stuff :lol: :lol: :lol:
"You and me in a cloud of REVERIE..."
User avatar
turbulent
Manager
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016

Postby thankfulforkelly » Thu May 05, 2016 7:03 pm

I can't get the filters because my iPad is too old :cry: anyway snapchat has taken over my life, I wake up like 'MUST SEND SNAPCHATS MUST KEEP SNAPCHAT STREAKS' :lol: :lol: :lol:
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
User avatar
thankfulforkelly
Manager
 
Posts: 4379
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015

Postby Biebz » Fri May 06, 2016 9:53 pm

I didn't know about these snapchat streaks and I've just gone and lost my one with Rhys :cry:
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
User avatar
Biebz
Best Damn Member
 
Posts: 22123
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013
Location: UK

Postby LionH3art » Sat May 07, 2016 6:12 am

I'm really into snapchat at the moment, add me! l_hollander
User avatar
LionH3art
Superstar
 
Posts: 5843
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011
Location: The Netherlands

Postby turbulent » Mon May 09, 2016 2:00 pm

Guys add me "polotchi" :wink:
Pretty stupid username but I made my acc when snapchat was pretty new
"You and me in a cloud of REVERIE..."
User avatar
turbulent
Manager
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016

Postby Charter2000 » Mon May 09, 2016 2:26 pm

Rihab wrote:I think this low-key flopped in Germany. I downloaded it a couple of days ago, but only 9 out of my 200+ contacts have it, and I only added 5 cause I don't like the rest. :( :lol:
I guess it really depends on your age... Only a few of my friends my age use Snapchat but in the age group below 20, it's a big thing right now i guess.

And speaking of MMS: I never send one in my entire life :lol:

Of course I know what it is but back then, we just didn't send pictures because nobody got pictures on their phone because mobile phone cameras were shit so nobody even took pictures with them. Since everybody has smartphones, of course people tend to send lots of pics but of course online. The main messaging app in Germany is WhatsApp but I guess it's not THAT popular all over the world. I estimate that by now 35-40 million Germans use WhatsApp. Thats nearly 50% of the population including elders and kids and I guess 75-80% of all smartphone users use WhatsApp.
User avatar
Charter2000
Manager
 
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011
Location: Germany

Return to Internet & Technology