Sid Meier's Civilization

Postby Mainshow » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:40 am

"Civilization" is a turn-based strategy game which had been successful and well-received over the last decades.
You simply have to choose a civilization and bring it from prehistory into the future by building wonders, discovering technologies, developing the cities and getting rid of your enemies.

Games:

1991 Civilization
1996 Civilization II
- Civilization II: Conflicts in Civilization
- Civilization II: Fantastic Worlds
- Civilization II: Test of Time
2001 Civilization III
- Civilization III: Play the World
- Civilization III: Conquests
2005 Civilization IV
- Civilization IV: Warlords
- Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword
- Civilization IV: Colonization
2010 Civilization V
- Civilization V: Gods & Kings
- Civilization V: Brave New World
2014 Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Civilization: Beyond Earth - Rising Tide
2016 Civilization VI
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:41 am

Sid Meier's Civlization VI is on its way and it clearly looks completely different to its precedessors. It's more cartoon-ish but it is also more complex!

Watch the first official trailer:

It will be released on 21st October, 2016!

•EXPANSIVE EMPIRES: See the marvels of your empire spread across the map like never before. Each city spans multiple tiles so you can custom build your cities to take full advantage of the local terrain.

•ACTIVE RESEARCH: Unlock boosts that speed your civilization’s progress through history. To advance more quickly, use your units to actively explore, develop your environment, and discover new cultures.

•DYNAMIC DIPLOMACY: Interactions with other civilizations change over the course of the game, from primitive first interactions where conflict is a fact of life, to late game alliances and negotiations.

•COMBINED ARMS: Expanding on the “one unit per tile” design, support units can now be embedded with other units, like anti-tank support with infantry, or a warrior with settlers. Similar units can also be combined to form powerful “Corps” units.

•ENHANCED MULTIPLAYER: In addition to traditional multiplayer modes, cooperate and compete with your friends in a wide variety of situations all designed to be easily completed in a single session.

•A CIV FOR ALL PLAYERS: Civilization VI provides veteran players new ways to build and tune their civilization for the greatest chance of success. New tutorial systems are designed to introduce new players to the underlying concepts of Civilization so they can easily get started on a path to victory.
https://www.civilization.com/

source: ziffdavisinternational.com

The game will be completely different because on each tile, you can only build ONE wonder. You also have to decide which aspect a tile should be about. The new game is all about districts , e.g. each tile has its own purpose: religious, military, cultural, agricultural, scientific, etc.
It will be more complex, because you - as a player - have to decide which way your city should go. Should it focus on agricultural aspects at first?
Also, it will be different to attack enemies now because if you know that they are close to get a cultural victory, you can try to attack and destroy their cultural district first!
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Airwrecka » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:54 pm

Looks awesome and the new features seem great. I love Civilization, but felt they over complicated it a bit with 5 and lost some of the charm of 3 and 4. I bought Beyond Earth but never got a chance to play it. :( I guess I'll have to wait longer for this to come out on Mac, too.
Last edited by Airwrecka on Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby Carbon » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:10 pm

I played IV (maybe V but I'm not sure) some time ago, love this game. brings out the geography nerd in me
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:49 pm

Which one is good for ipad?
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Airwrecka » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:44 pm

spiritboy wrote:Which one is good for ipad?
There's a Civilaztion app for iPad. In fact, there's two. Civilization Revolutions 1 & 2. They're OK, but annoyingly basic and scaled back.
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby SummerPeur » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:39 am

Airwrecka wrote:Looks awesome and the new features seem great. I love Civilization, but felt they over complicated it a bit with 5 and lost some of the charm of 3 and 4. I bought Beyond Earth but never got a chance to play it. :( I guess I'll have to wait longer for this to come out on Mac, too.
I love Civilization as well. I would of spent most of my hours in Civ3 though. There was just something about it :D.

I never got into beyond earth. I think I enjoyed it a few times I played it, but eventually just went back to the last one.

New one looks promising though!
Love, is love, is love. - Kylie M.
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby Carbon » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:53 am

been plaiyng V these days and hooked
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Mon May 29, 2017 11:54 pm

Which version would you recommend for my pc (laptop actually) ?
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Tue May 30, 2017 11:04 pm

spiritboy wrote:Which version would you recommend for my pc (laptop actually) ?
Definitly V (which is the best one anyway). My laptop already had troubles with "Beyond Earth" and VI is even more complex.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Return to Internet & Technology