Your favorite apps

Postby BlueScorpion » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:52 pm

Please share interesting and useful apps for your mobile here (iOS or Android) :)

There is a whole world of apps so useful that we don't even know of and it would be interesting if we shared song amongst ourselves. A friend of mine introduced me yesterday to True Caller:

Identify and block spammers, search for unknown numbers, call friends and much more! With a community-based spam list from over 250 million users, Truecaller is the only phone app you’ll ever need.
BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby jpguy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:22 am

well my fav apps;

Spotify

Netflix

WHATSAPP

Inbox by Gmail (extremely useful)

Google Calendar

Pocket (this is so cool to save bookmarks)

Headspace (it's for meditation)

Google Contacts (easier and synchs across devices)

Genius (lyrics)

Mi.tv (for TV shows)

EVERNOTE (this is such a damn good app for note taking and studying)

Google Keep - it's also for taking notes but easier to use than Evernote. I use both lol

Google Photos - one of the best apps ever, it's just so incredibly useful, I seriously recommend !!! And creepy as it's AI face recognizing features can even recognize your pets "face"

DUO - this one is so useful to make and receive calls / video calls, it's made by Google

Waze - I can't go out without using it! Extremely useful

Alarmy -best alarm app ever

Google Documents - power point, Excel and text editor - I love the Google Drive integration

Mario Run - the only game I play ha
::: Shinin', shinin', just like a DIAMOND, blindin' blindin' :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby menime123 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:48 am

BBC Story of Earth: 1000s of David Attenborough narrated Anibal segments that you can combine into your own 15-30 minute playlist, creating your own nature episodes.

2048: such an addictive game, particularly on a bus or tube journey.

Temple Run: I was addicted to this back in the day. I once saw an arcade version... I told the kids to step back and watch how many tokens I could get for them :lol:

Podcasts: I’m addicted to audio dramas. If anything is interested in trying one, try ‘We’re Alive’ - seriously amazing stuff. It’s on Spotify too.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby flopho » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:37 pm

my most used/favorites would be
Jodel (social media app popular in Germany and Scandinavia, similar to YikYak)
WhatsApp
Öffi (public transport app)
Chrome
SofaScore (for football scores)

as for games, don't play a lot of them anymore but my two faves would probably be "Mini Metro Game" (based on the online game, really addictive, think it was Chun who introduced me to it) and "Ticket to Ride" (based on the board game)

and Phonograph or PlayerPro for music. Just wondering, which music player app do you guys use? Not really happy with my current ones tbh
Shame on me for changing...no, shame on you for staying the same
flopho
Legend

Return to Internet & Technology