Final Fantasy series

Favourite FF game?

FF1 (original or Playstation re-release)
No votes
FF2 (original or Playstation re-release)
3%
FF3 (Japanese release only, I think)
No votes
FF4 (original or Playstation re-release)
No votes
FF5 (original or Playstation re-release)
No votes
FF6 (original or Playstation re-release)
3%
FF7
28%
FF8
19%
FF9
19%
FF10
19%
FFX-2
9%
Crystal Chronicles
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes : 32

Postby Plym » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:30 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:Sorceress Adel (FF8)

I remember finding this b*tch really hard all those years ago, never beat her I don't think. I really should get back to it. :lol:
shes a cow!
Plym
Take Care

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:17 am

She's quite memorable with her pectoral muscles and all. She's such a bruiser. :lol: If I remember correctly one of the things which made her difficult was that when you attacked her you were also killing Rinoa at the same time so you had to be careful. :x 8-)
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Carbon » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:35 am

I only know three of FF

love X for the interesting and diverse characters and the storyline (I was deeply moved by it back when I was a kid and playing, but looking back on it now it's a bit cheesy :lol: )

X-2 was atrocious. I can't believe they had to ruin the legacy of X's story this way. a sequel/spinoff is a great idea, but the storyline is just awful, the thing with dressing up is just ????? out of all possibilities, they had to make it a dress-up battle game. and the point of the story doesn't make sense, it's all so lazy. I only liked how it showed older characters and places from the previous game and how it changed. but as far as the actual game goes, it sucks

love XII for the great storyline (I'm a sucker for politics and geography in games, a la Suikoden) and graphics, and the battle system is cool. however, the characters were quite uninteresting and the game was a bit too hard
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:00 pm

^ You're missing out on not playing the older ones Nikola, it's a must. Suikoden is fantastic too.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Affillate » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:29 am

IrishLamb wrote:
toxicALIENS wrote:Am I the only one who LOVED FFXIII? :oops:
I liked the battle system for the most part, it was a big impeovement from FFXII.
For me this was a major downgrade from 12 IMO, The only controlling one character (leaving the others to just do their thang via paradigm) sucked if you liked having a bit of input to all your characters beyond just changing paradigms, as did if your main character got killed, instant game over (no matter if you still had surviving members of the team able to revive them or not).

I only played it partway through, so I dunno if this opened up a bit later on or it was the same throughout. Compared to that, 12's battle system and customisability IMO was way better. If the FF15 one is more like that that would be cool.
Affillate
Manager

Postby aaliyahman » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:07 pm

Iloved FF13-3.
The game the world hated or ignored.
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby Spiral » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:25 am

CrazyCrazy wrote:Sorceress Adel (FF8)

I remember finding this b*tch really hard all those years ago, never beat her I don't think. I really should get back to it. :lol:
I still remember thinking this boss is a woman? a Transexual? or a drag queen? :lol:

The last FF series that I played was FFX-2. I should really start playing FFXII. Wonder if my PS2 still OK :lol:
Spiral
Manager

Postby Storyteller » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:29 pm

Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Storyteller » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:33 pm

It’s been announced that FFVII is gonna be released over several episodes. Not sure what to think about this idea tbh, it could be amazing or could be crap.
Are they gonna release all of the episodes together? Will they be download only or will the be available on disc?

If they release these episode separately with a few months minimum between each release, then I guess we might be seeing this sooner than we think.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby toxicALIENS » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:40 pm

Absolutely desperate to play FF13 again :lol: :lol:
BS:TS:IA:NM
toxicALIENS
Superstar

Postby Storyteller » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:43 pm

toxicALIENS wrote:Absolutely desperate to play FF13 again :lol: :lol:
Have you played the sequels? I quite liked the original and XIII-2 was good too but I hated Lightning Returns, gave up like an hour in. :lol: :lol:
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby toxicALIENS » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:46 pm

IrishLamb wrote:
Have you played the sequels? I quite liked the original and XIII-2 was good too but I hated Lightning Returns, gave up like an hour in. :lol: :lol:
I started playin XIII-2 but I wasn't feeling it :cry:

Willing to try it again though :lol:

Also Lightning Returns seems like a real mess :lol:
I love her though so if I can get into XIII-2 I will try it :lol:

I played it last winter when I had time off because of snow and it really reminds me of winter so I wanna play it over Christmas :lol:
toxicALIENS
Superstar

Postby CrazyCrazy » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:47 pm

Should be asleep but was curious to check the clip the remake looks amazing.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Storyteller » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:51 pm

toxicALIENS wrote:
IrishLamb wrote:

I played it last winter when I had time off because of snow and it really reminds me of winter so I wanna play it over Christmas :lol:
If you like Lightning you’re gonna be disappointed with XIII-2. You don’t get to play as her at all and she’s only in it a little bit, I was not happy. :(
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby toxicALIENS » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:55 pm

IrishLamb wrote:
toxicALIENS wrote:
IrishLamb wrote:

If you like Lightning you’re gonna be disappointed with XIII-2. You don’t get to play as her at all and she’s only in it a little bit, I was not happy. :(
I've played it a tiny little bit, like about 3/4 hours worth (which isn't much in an FF game :lol: )

I got a bit confused with how the story progressed and I ended up going to the wrong times and it was way too difficult and I remember fighting this boss for like half an hour because my characters weren't strong enough :lol:
toxicALIENS
Superstar

Postby Storyteller » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:00 am

I had the same experience with Lightning Returns :lol: I couldn’t understand what to do, even when it told you, I even had the guide but no luck. :lol:

Anyway,

Anyone download FFVII, FFVIII or FFIX on PS3? Not sure if they're on PS4 yet but I have them all on PS3 and it’s so great to be able to play them again. I’m gonna do a replay of FFIX too, I think.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby KEY9481 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:35 pm

FFX will always have a soft spot for me. The first game I bought for my PS2. It is SO good, let me even use the word EPIC to describe it.
5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016
KEY9481
Manager

Postby Storyteller » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:18 pm

Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Return to Internet & Technology