Final Fantasy series

Favourite FF game?

FF1 (original or Playstation re-release)
No votes
FF2 (original or Playstation re-release)
3%
FF3 (Japanese release only, I think)
No votes
FF4 (original or Playstation re-release)
No votes
FF5 (original or Playstation re-release)
No votes
FF6 (original or Playstation re-release)
3%
FF7
28%
FF8
19%
FF9
19%
FF10
19%
FFX-2
9%
Crystal Chronicles
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes : 32

Postby John » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:41 pm

There's a lot of Final Fantasy avatars in the gallery on my forums... you could always, y'know, join and post while you're there. :wink:

They're all in 'Cartoons 1', if you find your way there.
This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.
John
Chief Kitten Herder

Postby Tiger » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:27 pm

Thanks John! I shall squer around for it
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby Yoshimo » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:35 pm

I love Final Fantasy 7! Such an awesome game. I didn't get very far, though, I only found the third girl (I don't even remember her name). :o

Tifa ruled. 8-)
The alternative to the real world.
Yoshimo
Manager

Postby Tiger » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:50 am

LOL I stopped playing Final Fantasy when my brother, who finished it before, told me that Aeris is going to kick the bucket - didn't want to get there. Yes it's sad
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby crazycool » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:02 pm

I did a search and wasn't expecting to find a Final Fantasy thread - and I'm so pleased there is one! :D

I love these games. Final Fantasy 8 is by far the best. Everything about is quality, I've had this game for years and years and I always play it. It's one of the only games I can easily play from the beginning and not get bored with (as well as the other RPG Grandia!).
I love all the FF8 characters - Selphie <3 :oops: :oops:

As for the others, I haven't played that many. But I could never get into FF7 or FF9, maybe because of my love for #8!

I've just started FF12 this week, it's very different but enjoyable :D
crazycool
Legend

Postby John » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:21 pm

crazycool wrote:Selphie <3 :oops: :oops:
This pretty much sums up my life. So many characters that just wheedle their way into your life and affections. I always identified with Squall (for I was the same age when it was released) but it's really quite something when you actually find you miss the characters and wonder how they're doing when you're not playing it.

Um, OK, it sounds like some kind of mental disorder when put like that. Oh well.

I really didn't get into FF12. Like, at all. Played it for a handful of hours before completely abandoning it, just didn't draw me in at all. At the same time, my friend reckons it's the best of the lot. To each his own, says I. To be honest I'd quite like to give it another go, the only problem is I don't have the PS2 at uni 'cos I've only got room for one console so predictably the 360 takes precedence being the more current an' all.

There's a group on Facebook called Final Fantasy 8 Owns My Life, or something to that effect. I thought it was a bit silly, but then when I got home just before Christmas and couldn't find a PS1 memory card, I was SO PISSED OFF that I wouldn't be able to carry out my annual tradition of starting a new save and playing through the week between Christmas and the new year... maybe it does own my life after all? :lol:
This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.
John
Chief Kitten Herder

Postby blablabla » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:39 pm

who voted for x-2 :lol:
broken english is coming...
this board is different
:|
blablabla
Personal Assistant

Postby crazycool » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:51 pm

crazycool wrote:I've just started FF12 this week, it's very different but enjoyable :D
I got so bored of it. There was just no storyline developping at all. :cry:

I'm close to completing Grandia II though. [/random]

I can never defeat Adel in FF8 :cry:
crazycool
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:19 pm

:D These games are just so amazing, I've only completed 9 & 10 but thoroughly enjoyed all of them apart from the most recent one which bored me to bloody tears! :cry:

I really hope the next one is as sexy as the rest, RPG's are definitely my favourite genre because they are just so deep, immersive, interesting and strategic! Also try out the 'Persona' series (3-4) these games are just out of this world also! :o

I voted for 9 because it looked lonely with 0! :lol: But think all deserve to winners, they're all different but equally orgasmic!
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby crazycool » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:29 pm

I still play FF8 all the time. Never ever get bored of it. I feel like I know the characters so well.

One day, I might branch out and play another one. :lol:
crazycool
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:48 pm

crazycool wrote:I still play FF8 all the time. Never ever get bored of it. I feel like I know the characters so well.

you only played ff8? You haven't lived until you've played them all except the new one of course! :lol:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby crazycool » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:41 pm

crazycrazy wrote:
crazycool wrote:I still play FF8 all the time. Never ever get bored of it. I feel like I know the characters so well.

you only played ff8? You haven't lived until you've played them all except the new one of course! :lol:
I've dabbled with FF12, 7 and 9. But never submersed myself in them enough to know them well. I just find FF8 perfect (and very challenging).
crazycool
Legend

Postby aaliyahman » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:44 pm

absolutely love this series. I started relatively late as I was poor as a kid lol. My mate leant me ff7 at about 13 and from the first scorpion battle, I was hooked. Got 9 after that which I loved. then decided to get 8 (i didnt get it previously because i only heard bad things about it). To be honest, I hated 8 about half the way through then adored it.

10 was immense, 10-2 a bit of a let down. didnt bother with 11 as i dont like mmorpg's 12 was absolutely fantastic.

I have played 3,4,5 and 6 but because of the limited format and the fact I got them well after they were released, they were pretty dated to me and samey although well better than many ds, ps titles.

to cut it short I have a nostalgiac love for ff7, love cloud and tifa and cried at aerith's death (i was 13)

but as a world and game number 12 is absolutely stunning.
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby AyuM » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:37 pm

FF2! :)

I've had been playing it at my cousins PS. Plus, I love the SNES FF games, thanks to my cousin, again. 8-)
Madonna Addict
AyuM
Manager

Postby snoop » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:30 pm

I only played the FF4 and FF8~FFX-2. FFX-2 is the worst by far. I also I played FF Dissidia for PSP, AMAZING GAME, Square-Enix should release it for PS3/XBox 360.
Anyway I really want to play FF7, every rpg fan loves this game, but nowadays its graphics sucks :-?.
Lights! Somebody gettin' fired...
snoop
Manager

Postby Ahahuha » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:19 pm

I would say FF9 but the rest are good too (at least the ones I played)
Ahahuha
Cult King

Postby CrazyCrazy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:38 pm

crazycool wrote:
crazycool wrote:I've just started FF12 this week, it's very different but enjoyable :D

:o I know right, she is so freaking hard imo, I haven't played it in ages, I'm gonna give it another go soon, I think I got so fed up trying to beat her about 1 year ago and gave up...I think I haven't beaten her yet anyway! :-? I can't remember and also I'd like to say originally I said that FF12 is boring, I have to take this back now, now that I've played alot more of it, it's almost as immense as the others just very different, it's quite political! 8-)
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby BlackNLatin » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:08 pm

crazycrazy wrote:
crazycool wrote:

:o I know right, she is so freaking hard imo, I haven't played it in ages, I'm gonna give it another go soon, I think I got so fed up trying to beat her about 1 year ago and gave up...I think I haven't beaten her yet anyway! :-? I can't remember and also I'd like to say originally I said that FF12 is boring, I have to take this back now, now that I've played alot more of it, it's almost as immense as the others just very different, it's quite political! 8-)
I agree!! LOL! Sometimes when i was playing it felt like i was in history class certain moments, i found Ashe to a bit dramatic at times too.
BlackNLatin
Superstar

Postby Storyteller » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:00 pm

Can anyone explain what this new World Of Final Fantasy game is about?
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby randomness » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:56 pm

IrishLamb wrote:Can anyone explain what this new World Of Final Fantasy game is about?
Looks like a spin off that is supposed to be more kid friendly to introduce a younger audience to the series.
Stand wipers unite!
randomness
Manager

Postby toxicALIENS » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:04 pm

Am I the only one who LOVED FFXIII? :oops:
BS:TS:IA:NM
toxicALIENS
Superstar

Postby Storyteller » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:34 pm

toxicALIENS wrote:Am I the only one who LOVED FFXIII? :oops:
No, I liked it too. It could've been a million times better though. It was way too linear, weapon upgrades were pointless, summons pointless etc. also so much of the game was cut that they could've made another game from it apparently.
I liked the battle system for the most part, it was a big impeovement from FFXII.
The story was pretty great too.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Madgefan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:31 pm

FFVII and FFX are probably my equal favourites. i do also like both online versions FFXI and FFXIV.
It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is
Madgefan
Superstar

Postby CrazyCrazy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:36 pm

I need to get around to finishing some of these soon, 7-9 are particularly epic. I'm playing Final Fantasy 3 on my DS too and it's bloody good.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:53 pm

Sorceress Adel (FF8)

I remember finding this b*tch really hard all those years ago, never beat her I don't think. I really should get back to it. :lol:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Return to Internet & Technology