Grindr

Postby Tansike » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:14 pm

While i feel sorry for you that this didn't became the pie you wanted, i have to say this story is amazing :lol:
Tansike
Legend

Postby MrDiva » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:16 pm

There are so many better alternatives than this...
However, most guys are only on Grindr so yeah
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby KokoCollino » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:49 pm

I gave it another chance. But it's just not my thing idk

And now I'm again at the point where I ask myself if the only way to get to know somebody that fits is by accident e.g. at a birthday when new groups of people meet each other

It's frustrating idk
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby MrDiva » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:51 pm

KokoCollino wrote:I gave it another chance. But it's just not my thing idk

And now I'm again at the point where I ask myself if the only way to get to know somebody that fits is by accident e.g. at a birthday when new groups of people meet each other

It's frustrating idk
YEah kinda feel the same way
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby KokoCollino » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:53 pm

Yeah because I feel like gay parties is like an offline version of Grindr

Although I know couples that initially met each other at a gay party

Ugh idk :lol:
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby Tansike » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:53 pm

It happens when you least expect it :wink:

I never used this app and the things i used were all good, i guess i was just lucky.
Tansike
Legend

Postby KokoCollino » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:57 pm

Tansike wrote:It happens when you least expect it :wink:

I never used this app and the things i used were all good, i guess i was just lucky.
I knooooooow :cry: And I know people already told me this in the relationship thread.

I'm impressed by people that are able to be on their own. I know nobody can't be without being close to somebody forever, but I feel like some people are stronger when they need to be on their own for a while than others
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:58 pm

SummerPeur wrote: pie
This is the most amazing thing I've read on UKMix. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vote for your favorite Christmas songs here!
My Personal Chart - Cheapthrills' Cheap 20 :)
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby RayRay » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:20 pm

Tansike wrote:It happens when you least expect it :wink:

Same here. Never used the app, but it happened when I was least expecting it.

I met my husband at work and I didn't even had to make the first move.

For others here: just be patient.

Like Diana Ross sang: "You can't hurry love."
RayRay
Superstar

Postby Serby » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:06 am

SummerPeur wrote:You know, I took a long absent from this app, just felt it wasn't giving the right recipes or ingredients to experience my desired taste/what I was needing to get satisfied. But alas, I caved again and thought, lets try baking a pie again. Cause girl was hungry and ready...but BOY was she wrong.

You know, when making a pie, you can do everything right. I always make sure the oven space is regularly checked and cleaned, not because I abuse it or believe there is something wrong with the oven, but I find its always best to make sure your oven is always healthy and fresh, in the best possible way. Sometimes I even go to the extent of wiping some nice smelling wipes around the entrance. I think its nice if you have guests over to help with the pie, that they enjoy wonderful, fresh clean smells of my oven, and they know its one that's been thoroughly cleaned. You know, I thought other people would think the same as me, especially when they have to bring so little to help make a pie that they would ensure what they are bringing to the pie making session was spot on.

So to my desire, I thought a cream pie would be best. I had prepared everything, making sure their was a healthy dose of PReP in the mix already, to ensure that any of those extra baddies were cancelled out. The oven was all ready, and I had most of the ingredients ready to go, you know, some oil or rubbing lube to make sure the pie didn't stick to the oven, cause as we all know with pies, especially cream based ones, you never want part of the pie to be stuck to anything for to long. So I looked around the app for someone who also wanted to bake, and to my surprise, sis had found someone who was eagerly keen. This pie maker had all the right ticks, also loved having a healthy dose of PReP and had been using it for years in his pies. He was just the right height, roughly 182cm, which meant he could reach my upper shelving in case we were feeling a bit adventurous with our pie making and need some exotic ingredients. He also had a great cooking spoon which he showed me, one that you could tell had maybe battered a few pies and put them in the oven. One that had a sturdy base, not too thick so no air would get in and stop the batter from being fluffy, but one that your hand would feel great around, and was a nice length. A good length is important with pie making, as it ensures all the ingredients get mixed well. He also was sturdy himself, hairy, but that was ok, I always felt the risk of a hair getting into the pie and oven was exciting. He also had legs that you could tell when hes mixing the batter and shoving it into the oven, that he made sure it got pounded well for the best outcome.

So I invited this pie expert over to help supply some of those missing ingredients and help me bake the pie. The cream, the thick cooking spoon and possibly 2 kinder surprises to decorate on-top the face of the pie. Everything was going so well...sis knew she had finally find a good recipe she'll be able to use again...but no, sis was not ready for what this afternoon of pie making would entail. As my pie making assistance arrived, I couldn't help but notice that few things were odd. He was shorter then me, which was strange as I am 175cm tall..... He also wasn't sturdy and was quite, possibly the best way to explain this, enjoyed eating a lot of pies, rather then baking said pies. To add further insult, he looked like a pie that had spent way too long on the kitchen window shelf cooling and therefor had aged about 10 years quickly. Sis knew then, that the app had once again, let her down, but what was she to do? If trying to overcome the disappointment of how ugly this cream pie would turn out wasn't distracting her enough, the smell coming from the visitor certainly would snap her back into thinking she had stepped into a sewer treatment plant, rather then her local bakery store.

Sis knew, she needed to find an excuse quick, as this pie maker was already getting out his spoon to start pounding the mixture in, which btw, looked like an elongated prune, rather then a sturdy spoon; and a prune that looked like cream had already been caked onto its edges for some time and not cleaned away. Sis was panicking, and she could tell the visitor was getting awkward (Did he know that I had magical bakery powers, which allowed me to see the real him? Rather then pictures of himself 10-15 years ago, or his cooking partner, who knows). Short story short, sis pulled the "Oh crap, I forgot my roomies are going to be home any time now, we are going to need to make this cream pie another day, I'm so sorry" etc etc, and the visitor left.

That is the last time sis will be using this app again for a long time to bake any further types of pies.

ANYWAY. I HATE THIS APP UGH. WHY DO PEOPLE LIE. I have no issues with peoples sizes, or shapes, or anything like that. But being clean, please, is the least you could do, and lying? It's like, do you honestly think the person will be like 'oh sure, you look nothing like you just sent me, come on in you liar". UGH.
Vdjsjuehxbss brilliant! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Try baking all by yourself, it's good from time to time. :lol:
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:55 am

:lol: at the baking metaphor!

The only problem I have with online dating/meet-ups is the enormous room for deceit. I suppose organic connections are the safest ones to form, but it's crazy how far some 'catfishers' will go. It's terrifying really.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:32 am

Most of the people you'd find here were just thirsty freaks
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby Crackiswack » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:41 am

Is your relationship open?
Please Stop the Music
Crackiswack
Manager

Postby KokoCollino » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:10 pm

MusicRecords wrote:Most of the people you'd find here were just thirsty freaks
What else did you expect on UKMix
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby thankfulforkelly » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:03 pm

omg summerpeur :lol: funniest thing I've read here in a long time :lol:
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Manager

Postby ArmyOfMe » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:46 am

thankfulforkelly wrote:omg summerpeur :lol: funniest thing I've read here in a long time :lol:
+1 I died! :lol:

I only had bad experiences with Grindr. Tinder all in all is much better, even Hornet.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:28 pm

^ What's the difference between Grindr and Tinder?
RayRay
Superstar

Postby Carbon » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:38 pm

To me Tinder is "classier", you can see ppl's name and pics from facebook etc, more often for dating than hookups (at least in my experience), while Grindr is more anonymous, hookup-oriented and full of weirdos. However, I tend to have more use of the latter :oops: :lol:
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:25 pm

Finally got this but it's disappointing somehow :lol: :oops:
Tansike
Legend

Postby jordi_89 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:07 am

Carbon wrote:To me Tinder is "classier", you can see ppl's name and pics from facebook etc, more often for dating than hookups (at least in my experience), while Grindr is more anonymous, hookup-oriented and full of weirdos. However, I tend to have more use of the latter :oops: :lol:
+1 except for the use part :lol:

If you want just one night stands, one after another, Grindr is your hoe. If you're not sure if you want dates or hook-ups, use Tinder.
jordi_89
Superstar

Return to Internet & Technology