Xbox One

E'RYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW, BABY!

*JT Voice* You ready?
b u r n u p II t u r n up II t u r n t up all the way
ANH
Superstar

Postby Merci » Fri May 24, 2013 3:19 pm

Xbox One Reveal 2013 Highlights

The thread should be moved to 'TV & Film' tbh..

Xbox One is intended to combine users' gaming and TV watching in a single device, but Microsoft's plan to merge the two goes beyond sticking them in the same plastic casing. Last November, the company applied for a patent on an Xbox 360-like achievements system for watching TV.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... hievements

LAWD. :lol:

#XboxGoHome
I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby samra » Fri May 24, 2013 3:26 pm

I bought the original Xbox, and the 360.......... but imma have to wait till E3 before I get excited about this one. :-? I buy a console because I want to play GAMES. Why can't they just make video games the focus of the Xbox. If I wanted a home entertainment system, I'd purchase one.

The PS4 doesn't seem all that appealing either.
Listen to my 2016 Eurovision Song Contest entry: MIRACLE
samra
Superstar

Postby 4warduntodawn » Fri May 24, 2013 9:53 pm

Cant wait for this! Its a day 1 buy for me for sure. Cant wait to see whats unveiled at E3...

Oh yeah, and the fact that Steven Spielberg is making an Xbox exclusive Halo TV series is beyond awesome! :D
4warduntodawn
Roadie

Postby TiagoRodrigues » Sat May 25, 2013 12:57 am

Can we play videogames on this one?

I saw the conference and i wasn't sure :lol: :lol:
"Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"
TiagoRodrigues
Legend

Postby urbanmusik » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:59 am

Merci wrote:The thread should be moved to 'TV & Film' tbh.
:lol: :lol:

The console looks like a VCR, has to be connected to the internet every 24 hours, forces you to buy kinect, won't allow you to swap games with friends (they'll make you pay the list price if a friend lends you a game), and doesn't allow you to sell Xbox games anywhere to retailers (Xbox haven't revealed their plans on how they'll manage the selling of used games, but they'll probably set up a marketplace). Oh dear.

They better have some good games set up, but the PS4 seems like it will be the gamer's choice.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby Merci » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:31 pm

I agree with Angry Joe
http://youtu.be/ryB-hdtpQRw

Sony better not follow suit, it's just a console., I want to turn it on and play
no need to complicate it

WHY IS EVERYTHIIIIIIIIING WITH YOU IS SO COMPLICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATED
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby samra » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:50 pm

As loyal as I was to Xbox and the 360, I think I'm gonna have to jump ship because this is shaping up to be a flop... I saw someone on another forum refer to it as the Xtinabox and I found it pretty hilarious. :lol: :lol: :lol:
samra
Superstar

Postby ANH » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:54 pm

Merci wrote:WHY IS EVERYTHIIIIIIIIING WITH YOU IS SO COMPLICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATED
I count Merci's action is harsh in my address.

LOCK THIS THREAD, IT WOULD BE BETTER FOR ALL.
b u r n u p II t u r n up II t u r n t up all the way
ANH
Superstar

Postby Plym » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:38 am

yas! drag microflop through the MUD for this!!!!
Plym
Take Care

Postby ThaInfo1 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:17 am

No one is here for Keri-Box.
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby TiagoRodrigues » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:51 pm

OH NO THEY DIDN'T! :o :o
"Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"
TiagoRodrigues
Legend

Postby Merci » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:43 pm

Xbox executive Don Mattrick: Don't have an internet, then buy an Xbox 360.

http://youtu.be/DxkEe_l7S3g

but.. Image
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby kushi » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:02 am

Xbox Juan

Thriller wrote:Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads
kushi
Legend

Postby Kaloki » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:26 am

Yay a gamers thread!! Prepare for an essay guys! :D

Personally I'm just beyond disappointed with the Xbox One. Between me and my brothers, we've bought 3 original Xboxes and about 5 or 6 360s..... But none of us are even contemplating buying an Xbox One anytime soon.

First off, the whole way MS has dealt with the media is just bad. I don't think any particular incident has been majorly bad, but there seems to have been a constant drip off bad press and silly comments from developers which have really damaged the Xbox One's image.

The price is also just ridiculous. I don't care if it comes with kinect, I don't want to be shouting at my Xbox or jumping round my room like a lunatic at 2 in the morning when I'm p,along a game. I have a kinect the now for the 360 , and it's only good for drunk Dance Central and the Assault Course game.

Then there's the issues with the actual console. Having to Internet connected doesn't bother me in the slightest tbh as my 360 is always online anyways (as is other stuff like my PC and ipad) but I can definitely see it being a problem for others. My friend, for example, works on oil rigs so there's no chance he can get a new Xbox.

The bigger issue for me is these ridiculous restrictions around swapping games. Me and my brothers all buy different games and trade them around so we all get a shot, and if we really like a game we then go and buy a few extra copies. I know MS released a statement clearing up this sure and saying you can swap games with different people, but tbh, it was such a long and confused statement I didn't even bother finishing it.

And then lastly, the biggest problem for me, is that ALL THE GAMES LOOK TERRIBLE. E3 quite frankly was a joke for MS games. They went on and on about having tons of exclusives, and then it turns out that they are counting Minecraft as one of those console exclusives. Why the heck would anybody buy a £430 console to play a game you can get for free on the PC? Th the rest of games looked awful - some childish nonsense about making your own game (Spark or something?) and a game about flying dragons (no idea what it's called), and then Ryse, which looked good, but which will get boring real quick with all the quick time events.

Most of the bigger games (Call of Duty, Watch Dogs, etc) are all going to be released on the 360 so there's no reason to upgrade for them either.

I've never had a Playstation before, and I'm not considering getting a PS4 at launch either...... But I am thinking about getting a PS3. That way I can get a cheap console and play through all the Sony exclusives I've never played (especially want to try out The Last of Us and Killzone) and then hopefully in a year or 2 the price of the new consoles will have come down and there will be more games available. Then I'll probably make my mind up between Xbox and Playstation based on the games available and what my friends and brothers have bought.
Kaloki
Manager

Postby TiagoRodrigues » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:52 am

Buy a PS3 for now. I think it's the right decision! :D

You have lots of great exclusives...and than around -mas 2014 there will be a reason for you to buy a PS4...like i will do.

BTW...

Between me and my brothers, we've bought 3 original Xboxes and about 5 or 6 360s..... But none of us are even contemplating buying an Xbox One anytime soon.
Jesus! The fail rate for Xboxs is really huge! ahah!

I had 2 PS One (the 1st was ruined by a non-official controller that damaged it), 1 PS2 and 1 PS3 since 2009...Sony doesn't have those huge fail-rates like MS...so that's always a big plus!

When you buy a PS3 make sure you play Heavy Rain, all the Uncharted games, Killzone 2 and 3, God of War 3, etc...lots of AAA games waiting for you :D
TiagoRodrigues
Legend

Postby Kaloki » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:06 am

TiagoRodrigues wrote:Buy a PS3 for now. I think it's the right decision! :D

You have lots of great exclusives...and than around -mas 2014 there will be a reason for you to buy a PS4...like i will do.

BTW...

Between me and my brothers, we've bought 3 original Xboxes and about 5 or 6 360s..... But none of us are even contemplating buying an Xbox One anytime soon.
Jesus! The fail rate for Xboxs is really huge! ahah!

I had 2 PS One (the 1st was ruined by a non-official controller that damaged it), 1 PS2 and 1 PS3 since 2009...Sony doesn't have those huge fail-rates like MS...so that's always a big plus!

When you buy a PS3 make sure you play Heavy Rain, all the Uncharted games, Killzone 2 and 3, God of War 3, etc...lots of AAA games waiting for you :D
Awww well, we live in different houses so some of the Xboxes weren't bought because the previous ones failed...... The 360 elites are fine, but the insides of 2 of our original 360s literally melted, so yeah, their build quality was terrible. MS needs to make sure the new Xboxes are good from the start or that will be another thing against them.

And cheers for the game recommendations! I completely forgot about God of War! I've not heard of Heavy Rain or Uncharted but I'll be sure to check them out!
Kaloki
Manager

Postby samra » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:33 am

Yeah I'm really upset with this whole fiasco as well because I've been loyal to Xbox for a decade and it'll be hard moving to a Playstation. :cry:

But Microsoft has done a terrible job with this system as well as handling the press surrounding it so they don't deserve my money. The restrictions on games are insane. After I've paid $100 for the game, I expect to be able to use it however the hell I want to. I don't really care about TV integration or anything like that either. I want a pure gaming console and PS4 is exactly that.

Luckily I've never bought Microsoft points or purchased online games or anything so I won't have wasted anything in switching over.
samra
Superstar

Postby Storyteller » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:32 pm

samra wrote:Yeah I'm really upset with this whole fiasco as well because I've been loyal to Xbox for a decade and it'll be hard moving to a Playstation. :cry:

But Microsoft has done a terrible job with this system as well as handling the press surrounding it so they don't deserve my money. The restrictions on games are insane. After I've paid $100 for the game, I expect to be able to use it however the hell I want to. I don't really care about TV integration or anything like that either. I want a pure gaming console and PS4 is exactly that.

Luckily I've never bought Microsoft points or purchased online games or anything so I won't have wasted anything in switching over.
:o :o :o $100 for one game??, wow thats really expensive
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Merci » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:00 am

Kaloki wrote:I've never had a Playstation before, and I'm not considering getting a PS4 at launch either...... But I am thinking about getting a PS3. That way I can get a cheap console and play through all the Sony exclusives I've never played (especially want to try out The Last of Us and Killzone) and then hopefully in a year or 2 the price of the new consoles will have come down and there will be more games available. Then I'll probably make my mind up between Xbox and Playstation based on the games available and what my friends and brothers have bought.
definitely get a ps3! it really is a perfect console, the exclusive range from huge blockbuster kind of games to indie games, not to mention that you can play the first Playstation classics and a lot of the great Ps2 games! it's also a great blu ray player! the price of the new 500 gb ones are cheap btw

imo Ps3 has the best exclusive this gen, on top of my head:
Journey
The Last of Us
Ni Nu Kuni: The Wrath of the White Witch
Uncharted 1,2 and 3
Heavy Rain
Infamous 1, 2 and Festival of Blood
Beyond: Two Souls
LittleBigPlanet 2 (also Karting but I've heard it's a mess)
God of War series
The Unfinished Swan
Flower
Sound Shapes
The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
Twisted Metal
The Sly HD Collection
Jak and Daxter HD Collection
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby JimJim » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:53 am

IrishLamb, $100 has been the standard retail price for console games in Australia for many years, in recent time though most launch at $70-90.

I don't see how people can think the price is that ridiculous, I mean the PS3 launched at $999 here back in the day, now *that* was crazy.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby samra » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:47 pm

JimJim wrote:IrishLamb, $100 has been the standard retail price for console games in Australia for many years, in recent time though most launch at $70-90.

I don't see how people can think the price is that ridiculous, I mean the PS3 launched at $999 here back in the day, now *that* was crazy.
Yeah, and I remember there was a period in there where EB was selling games at $110 at launch. Thankfully places like JB Hi-Fi, Big W, Target, etc. have brought prices down. TBH, I think it's pretty damn ridiculous considering the US gets them for only $60.

LOL, I remember the launch of the PS3. I wonder if the people that bought it then thought they had got their moneys worth. :lol:
samra
Superstar

Postby Storyteller » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:54 pm

Here you pay between €40-€60 per game, initially they were €80-€90 for both Xbox & PS3
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Merci » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:07 am

Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby kushi » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:02 am

Microsoft has rolled back a much-criticised requirement that its upcoming Xbox One gaming console be regularly connected to the internet and made clear that there will be no limitations on sharing games.

Microsoft has been criticised for vague statements about whether it will allow Xbox One buyers to play secondhand software. Gamers also expressed distaste for a requirement that the console be connected to the internet once every 24 hours.

Don Mattrick, president of Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment business, said in a blog post Wednesday that an internet connection will no longer be required to play games on the Xbox One after its initial setup, and users can share and play games like they have on the Xbox 360.

Mattrick said the changes are in response to feedback Microsoft received since unveiling plans for the console in May. "You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you," he wrote. "Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world."

In a shot aimed at Microsoft, rival Sony announced during last week's Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles that its upcoming PlayStation 4 will not require a regular internet connection to work and that the company won't try to restrict used game sales.
Thriller wrote:Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads
kushi
Legend

Return to Internet & Technology