Apple Inc.

Postby JeyBeMust » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:17 pm

Guru wrote:I’ve had Samsung Galaxy’s and now iPhone. I honestly don’t miss system or my personal apps crashing on me. In the last 3yrs, I’ve had Apple apps crash probably about 3-5 times. On my Android phone, they use to crash multiple times daily. I find Apple apps and devices much more solid. I find Android doesn’t care what people post on their stores. So long as it can be downloaded.

Also, Apple proves that more ram etc does not equal better performance. Size doesn’t matter. It’s how you use it. You know, like that thing between your legs :oops: :lol:
Exactly. People are focused too much on the money and forget about other things. On my company 99% of us have Apple ecosystems, only the 3D department have Windows devices which apparently are better for 3D related designs.

My best friend (also works in this company) hated Apple, he was a serious pain in the ass, but he was forced to switch to Apple to keep on working and now he loves it. 0 crashes, fluid system, and we reduced our SAT department to just a couple guys.

Some people don't remember the good old days when Windows 98, 2000 or the latest 7 used to paralyze an entire department and dozens of PC's just because of the bugs and lame updates. What a pleasure doing extra hours to fix it!
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby Rihab » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:55 pm

No Samsung phone will ever be as good as an iPhone as long as they keep using that crappy google OS. And anyone who tries to convince you of the contrary is lying to themselves. The malware, the spyware, the bugs, the lags... It‘s just a deeply flawed, insecure and inefficient OS from the ground up and no curved infinity display or number of cores is ever going to fix that.

I can‘t see myself ever paying more than 800€ for a phone, but the technology in the iPhone X is probably coming to the standard iPhone next year, so I‘ll just wait until then.
Rihab
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:12 am

Somehow I find the iPhone 8 too similar to the 7, and the 7 is very similar to the 6s :lol: :lol:

Ok I've decided I'll wait for the X
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:21 pm

Bought a series 3 Apple Watch. I love it, but it doesn’t do much :lol:
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:26 pm

menime123 wrote:Bought a series 3 Apple Watch. I love it, but it doesn’t do much :lol:
What can/do they do? :lol: never bothered looking into them
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:28 pm

MusicRecords wrote:
menime123 wrote:Bought a series 3 Apple Watch. I love it, but it doesn’t do much :lol:
What can/do they do? :lol: never bothered looking into them
Ask me in a week when I figure it out :lol:

I mean I can take/make calls, send texts, reply to WhatsApp n stuff, view Instagram, look at my photos, emails etc. It’s supposed to be a tool for quick updates on your life and the various communications you receive, rather than browsing etc.

I like the independence from using my phone, and I don’t find myself using my phone as much - and no, I haven’t simply replaced the time spent on my phone with time spent on my watch :lol:

The best feature thus far is the heat rate monitoring (I have a fast-but-regular heart beat) and it records my activity, which surprisingly adds up - and I find myself encouraged to do more, something I intend to make a plan of action for.

I can use Apple Pay on the London Underground and buses too, so I can just hover my wrist over the scanner now instead of using a card. Lazy but futuristic :lol:
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:41 am

^cool....not sure I'm convinced though :lol:
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby Rihab » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:29 pm

I love the watch (it‘s my third favourite Apple product behind the Mac and the iPhone), mainly because I‘ve found it to be the best (semi-professional wrist-worn) fitness tracker out there. :wink:
I‘m not as interested in the communication features (I‘ve used mine to send a message or take a call only like 10 times in 2 years and that was only when my phone was in another room) or Apple Pay (since it‘s not even available in Germany), but closing your activity rings really becomes an obsession after a while. :D
Especially now that you can share / compare them with your friends. If I get up at 7 AM and see one of my two (lol) friends has already closed more than half of his / hers, I‘m taking my bike instead of the bus to university. And if I get home in the evening and they‘re ahead of me, I‘m going for an extra run when I‘d usually just sit in front of the TV. :lol:
The notification feature is also pretty cool because you no longer have to take out your phone for every dumb news alert or whatsapp group message you get. And having Apple Music (in combination with bluetooth headphones), Siri and a flashlight on your wrist are other nice extras. Some apps are somewhat useful too, but they alone are not worth $350.
Rihab
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:40 pm

^I feel like I'm just gonna gift one to someone for Christmas cause idk what else to give them :lol:
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby JeyBeMust » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:37 am

I friend of mine bought me the Apple Watch S3 with LTE in Cambridge as in Spain is not on sale until mid 2018 :roll:

I had the first version but the water resistance and the cellular capabilities are everything I expected on a device like this. I can't wait to try it! I really enjoyed the original Apple Watch series.
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:58 am

JeyBeMust wrote:I friend of mine bought me the Apple Watch S3 with LTE in Cambridge as in Spain is not on sale until mid 2018 :roll:

I had the first version but the water resistance and the cellular capabilities are everything I expected on a device like this. I can't wait to try it! I really enjoyed the original Apple Watch series.
I was really worried about battery life, but it lasts me almost a full 4 days which is great. I dislike the water resistance - I need waterproof in my life :lol:
menime123
Superstar

Postby JeyBeMust » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:04 pm

menime123 wrote:I was really worried about battery life, but it lasts me almost a full 4 days which is great. I dislike the water resistance - I need waterproof in my life :lol:
Really? I didn't know battery was that "great". I had to charge the first Apple Watch every night, which doesn't bother me as I'm sleeping, but having better battery performance just in case is always good :)
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:39 pm

iPhone X preorders start tomorrow 8-)
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:25 am

Preordered. Quite pain free actually.
menime123
Superstar

Postby JeyBeMust » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:52 am

menime123 wrote:Preordered. Quite pain free actually.
+1 I had an anxiety attack :lol: :lol:

I will pick up mine Nov, 3rd but in 15 minutes the waiting list was like 4-5 weeks :roll:
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:00 am

JeyBeMust wrote:
menime123 wrote:Preordered. Quite pain free actually.
+1 I had an anxiety attack :lol: :lol:

I will pick up mine Nov, 3rd but in 15 minutes the waiting list was like 4-5 weeks :roll:
I get mine Nov 3rd too. It’s now up to 6 weeks in the UK website, so pretty happy as I needed it within 6 weeks.
menime123
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:57 pm

U all are lucky, I pre ordered less than 5 mins after it started and I’m getting mine until Nov 17 (2 weeks after release day) :lol:
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:52 pm

I always get apple cases for my iPhones but I'm not liking the colors available for the iPhone X :roll: I really like the beige one available for other iPhones like the 7 but its not available for X
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby JeyBeMust » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:17 pm

MusicRecords wrote:U all are lucky, I pre ordered less than 5 mins after it started and I’m getting mine until Nov 17 (2 weeks after release day) :lol:
Maybe you'll be lucky too. Read this :wink:

Some iPhone X pre-order customers seeing delivery date improvements

"Apple’s new iPhone X officially went up for pre-order last night, and as expected, shipping times began to slip pretty quickly. Estimates currently sit at 5 to 6 weeks, but for those who got their order in early and have a 1-2 week delivery, Apple is working to improve that date…

As noted by several Reddit users and MacRumors, some iPhone X pre-order customers who had delivery estimates between November 10th and November 17th have seen their estimated delivery date improve to November 3rd."

Source: https://9to5mac.com/2017/10/27/some-iph ... rovements/
Last edited by JeyBeMust on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby JeyBeMust » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:20 pm

MusicRecords wrote:I always get apple cases for my iPhones but I'm not liking the colors available for the iPhone X :roll: I really like the beige one available for other iPhones like the 7 but its not available for X
Yeah, I had an amazing blueish/greenish case for the iPhone 7 and is not available for the 8/X :roll:

I bought the pink sand case because I got the same wristband for the Apple Watch. So manly, right? :lol:
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:17 am

JeyBeMust wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:I always get apple cases for my iPhones but I'm not liking the colors available for the iPhone X :roll: I really like the beige one available for other iPhones like the 7 but its not available for X
Yeah, I had an amazing blueish/greenish case for the iPhone 7 and is not available for the 8/X :roll:

I bought the pink sand case because I got the same wristband for the Apple Watch. So manly, right? :lol:
Haha I got the Taupe color leather one :D
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:50 am

I usually go black because you can’t go wrong but the black one isn’t going to be in stock when I go collect my iPhone X... so might branch out. I love the idea of going red but it’s a bit bold for me :lol:
menime123
Superstar

Postby Hugo » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:12 pm

Thoughts on these designs?

"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby menime123 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:53 pm

Hugo wrote:Thoughts on these designs?

I don’t like the iPad and the watch is too small for that little bit at the top. I don’t see an edge to edge iPad working - how on Earth are you supposed to hold it when using it? The black bars at least offer somewhere to put your hand without obstructing the view. I’m also worried what that would mean for aspect ratios too for movies etc, issues I think the iPhone X will have.

As much as I wanted FaceTime video on an Apple Watch before I bought one (I’ve recently relented) I don’t think it would work now I have one. No one is going to want to hold their arm up for a conversation with their wrist. The watch is basically a watch and notification centre that offers quick, convenient notices with the capacity to make phone calls and send texts. It really isn’t going to be a devise for selfies or video calls.

But... I see it all happening :lol: I’m done with Apple once I get my new iPhone for a while - my iPad Pro is still amazing, my iPhone will be the latest model, my AirPods shouldn’t ever need replacing (unless I lose one) and the watch I’m perfectly happy with.

frankly, they need new products, not product redesigns.
menime123
Superstar

Postby Hugo » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:26 am

"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Return to Internet & Technology