Apple Inc.

Postby SalBoy » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:52 pm

I love it
Meaning of Grammy - album of the decade!!!
SalBoy
Roadie

Postby Hugo » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:54 pm

For the ones in the US, see if this phone interests you if you find the iphone X design appealing.

It's currently half the price (499$).
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:51 pm

I need mine to arrive already ughhhh :cry: :cry:
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:55 pm

Been looking at the Apple Watch now that some of u have convinced me and didn't know they partnered with Hermes! :D probably my favorite design but they cost more than the iPhone X which seems a bit irrational tbh... :lol: but it's Hermes <3
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:20 pm

I erm... I miss my home button :lol:
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby iMacourey » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:46 pm

Hugo wrote:For the ones in the US, see if this phone interests you if you find the iphone X design appealing.

Every review I've seen of that phone has said that the camera is crap.
iMacourey
Groupie

Postby menime123 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:05 pm

iMacourey wrote:
Hugo wrote:For the ones in the US, see if this phone interests you if you find the iphone X design appealing.

I see no issues personally. But you know, I don’t need Billboard ready quality.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:20 am

menime123 wrote:I erm... I miss my home button :lol:
Omg is it really hard getting used to? :o :lol:
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:55 am

I'm a fan of iJustine and she explain all the features very well, like some sort of veryyy long ad but its a cool vid :lol:
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:07 pm

MusicRecords wrote:
menime123 wrote:I erm... I miss my home button :lol:
Omg is it really hard getting used to? :o :lol:
I instinctively press the bottom of the screen looking for it :lol:

But you know, I’m trying to break learnt behaviour after using it half a million times a day for the last 10 years. Confused the life out of me when I needed to take a screenshot earlier... couldn’t figure out how to do one :lol:
menime123
Superstar

Postby Hugo » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:50 pm

"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Hugo » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:51 pm

MusicRecords wrote:I'm a fan of iJustine and she explain all the features very well, like some sort of veryyy long ad but its a cool vid :lol:
She's one of the worst "reviewers" (if you can even call her that) imo, above you have a far more thorough reviewer.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Hugo » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:53 pm

iMacourey wrote:

Yes, I heard about that, it's been updated so far and it's passable now (still its worst feature).

But I think it remains a pretty good option for someone looking for a gorgeous phone, with top of the line hardware and near-stock Android experience.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby JeyBeMust » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:37 pm

Just a day with an iPhone X and I love every feature. I find myself struggling a bit with the control center and switching between apps but I guess it’s just a matter of time we’ll get use to it.

The face id is terrific and the new screen is even more beautiful than expected. It doesn’t feel bigger though, in my hand the device looks really small compared to an iPhone Plus so my brain keeps telling me the screen is smaller too :lol:
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:58 am

JeyBeMust wrote:Just a day with an iPhone X and I love every feature. I find myself struggling a bit with the control center and switching between apps but I guess it’s just a matter of time we’ll get use to it.

The face id is terrific and the new screen is even more beautiful than expected. It doesn’t feel bigger though, in my hand the device looks really small compared to an iPhone Plus so my brain keeps telling me the screen is smaller too :lol:
My mother is half blind so uses the iPhone Plus with zoom...she can’t get her head around how the X is actually bigger but physically smaller.

I am impressed with it. But need all my apps remastering to fit the new screen dimensions. It’ll happen, just takes time.
menime123
Superstar

Postby Hugo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:12 pm

The iphone X's screen isn't bigger than the iPhone 8+'s and with letterboxing (video for example) it becomes as small as the iPhone 8's.

http://www.businessinsider.com/iphone-x ... us-2017-10
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby JeyBeMust » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:00 pm

Hugo wrote:The iphone X's screen isn't bigger than the iPhone 8+'s and with letterboxing (video for example) it becomes as small as the iPhone 8's.

Man, I think you should revisit your english skills. The title says: "The iPhone X is smaller than the iPhone 8 Plus, but it has the largest iPhone screen Apple has ever made"

"The iPhone X actually features Apple's biggest phone display, measuring 5.8 inches on the diagonal, which is even bigger than the display on Apple's largest iPhone, the iPhone 8 Plus, which measures 5.5 inches."

When they say "surface" they referred to all the surface included the touch id, etc. So, the size is close to an iPhone 8 but the display is bigger than an iPhone 6/7/8 Plus.

I compared the screen physically with an iPhone 6, 7 and a 7 Plus/8 Plus and definitely the iPhone X has the bigger one.
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby Hugo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:05 pm

JeyBeMust wrote:
Hugo wrote:The iphone X's screen isn't bigger than the iPhone 8+'s and with letterboxing (video for example) it becomes as small as the iPhone 8's.

Man, I think you should revisit your english skills. The title says: "The iPhone X is smaller than the iPhone 8 Plus, but it has the largest iPhone screen Apple has ever made"

"The iPhone X actually features Apple's biggest phone display, measuring 5.8 inches on the diagonal, which is even bigger than the display on Apple's largest iPhone, the iPhone 8 Plus, which measures 5.5 inches."

When they say "surface" they referred to all the surface included the touch id, etc. So, the size is close to an iPhone 8 but the display is bigger than an iPhone 6/7/8 Plus.

I compared the screen physically with an iPhone 6, 7 and a 7 Plus/8 Plus and definitely the iPhone X has the bigger one.
It doesn't have the largest screen though, only the diagonal length is larger, the actual area is smaller than the 8 plus. The article is misleading.

My English is fine, thank you very much.

"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby MusicRecords » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:30 pm

Yes diagonal screen can be misleading (why are screens in general even measured like than anyway? :lol: )...however, I've see that lady's videos and like her but wish she would've straight up told us the area of the iPhone 8 plus in squared inches or cm vs the area of the iPhone X minus the notch :lol: I get what she's saying but wish the were more specific as to how many more sq inches/cm the iPhone 8 plus has over the X.....and btw screen resolution obviously doesn't equal that as she said

Nonetheless, even with an area smaller then the plus models, the X still has a superior screen resolution and quality....
Coming from someone with a regular iPhone 7 (not plus)....I am def going to like the X for its bigger screen, I've always found the entire size of the plus models a bit too big for me...
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby Hugo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:39 pm

MusicRecords wrote:I've always found the entire size of the plus models a bit too big for me...
That's because they have HUMONGOUS bezels :lol: 5.5'' is a normal screen size these days, some phones have far bigger screens and are barely larger than the 8 Plus.

2:06

"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby menime123 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:58 pm

The iPhone Plus models are basically iPad Mini-Minis.
menime123
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:58 am

Anyone else getting a glitch with their phone with I️
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby Rihab » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:37 am

MusicRecords wrote:I've see that lady's videos and like her but wish she would've straight up told us the area of the iPhone 8 plus in squared inches or cm vs the area of the iPhone X minus the notch :lol:
This.

The 8 screen is 5.844cm x 10.394cm = 60.742cm2.
The 8+ screen is 6.841cm x 12.162cm = 83.200cm2.
And the X screen is 6.240cm x 13.510cm = 84.302cm2 minus the camera cutout (I‘d guess about 2-3cm2) and a few mm2 due to the rounded edges.

So the 8+ and the X are essentially equal in screen ‘area‘.
Rihab
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:30 pm

^yeh they're pretty much the same, its nothing that dramatic :lol:
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:31 pm

I installed High Sierra on my MacBook and notice no difference...
MusicRecords
Superstar

Return to Internet & Technology