My thoughts on the countdown:
- I voted for Kai's, Hermes's, Lollo95's, JakeP's, Marat's, Eoghan's, LionH3art's, luckyONE's, and Dustin's charts. I wish most of their charts ranked higher.
- I'm a bit disappointed to see my #1 - Bryan's chart - outside of this year's Top 10. I don't know how he manages to keep so abreast with all the new music that comes out, but his chart always introduces me to fabulous jams.
- Stevyy's ranking on the countdown actually mirrors where he landed on my list. His stanning for "Meteorite" actually got me into the song.
- When's the last time Toni updated his chart?
Very impressive that he manages tenth place this year after such little activity. His chart is usually pretty great though. His Macklemore obsession last year was infectious.
- Matt's chart is too low. Granted, his music taste has become so country-fied these days that there's rarely any common ground these days with our lists, but nine out of ten times, when I check out new songs on his chart, I end up liking or loving them.
- adg's chart was my #2 so I'm super happy to see him rise this year; it's a well-deserved climb! My year-end list will have quite a bit more rock songs than usual and it's thanks to his chart.
- Sven's chart has been on hiatus for a while, but when it was being posted, there was usually great stuff to be found. Of course, it's also very Eurovision-heavy too.
- Benny's chart was my #3. I love it and I am wholeheartedly grateful to his weekly Top 20 for introducing me to "Ugly Heart".
- I was sort of surprised to see myself at #4 as I expected a second victory this year, to be honest.
Then I realized just how disconnected I'd become from a majority of the other posters in this forum and decided that fourth place was actually quite reasonable, all things considered. I'm super grateful to everyone who voted for me though. I'd continue to make my chart even if no one followed it, but it's a lot more fun to have discussions with others and share new songs among the community. It's the best part of the site for me.
- Initially, I was like: "Not Pete with his sporadic a$$ list beating me though!"
His chart is lovely, though, and even though I believe his last chart-topper was a Hilary Duff song, that doesn't speak to the typical high calibre of his chart. In my votes, as always.
- Tansike's chart was in my Top 5. Like he mentioned, he introduced me to "Paradise (What About Us?)" which I really liked. I remember discovering "Lies" thanks to him too. We both shared a very passionate love for "Wrecking Ball" and I think I enjoy his chart so much because our tastes are really quite similar.
- Not surprised that Anvay ended up winning this. Presentation-wise, no other chart in this folder is even in the same league.
He introduced to me "I Choose You" this year, which is still the sweetest song of 2014 in my books. Congrats on the win, sir!