Oldmacs' Anastacia October 2014 Countdown

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby CrazyCrazy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:22 pm

Used to love FON, it's nice but not among her best. Dream On was better live but the studio is good too. :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Oldmacs » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:49 pm

44. Stalemate

I love Anastacia and Ben's Brother (Well Jamie Hartman's) collaboration. Stalemate is passionate and pretty awesome ballad. Jamie Hartman has an interesting male voice, much like Anastacia has an interesting female voice, so the combination of the two compliment each other well which is the highlight of this song.

43. I Do

From Anastacia's 2004 album, comes 'I do' which is really quite guitar heavy and 'rocky'. The lyrics really resonate, and Ana's voice is intense and powerful which suits the guitars perfectly.
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby Oldmacs » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:50 pm

Any updated guesses on what will be in my top 10?? :D
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:52 pm

Stalemate was nice but not the sound I want from Anastacia tbh. (There's a French version? :o)

I Do is a great pop/rock track, her voice is immense there.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby FreakOfNature » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:27 pm

Oh man, I love 'I do'!

such a rock song, fits the album perfectly
Anastacia ♥
FreakOfNature
Groupie

Postby CrazyCrazy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:48 pm

Oldmacs wrote:Any updated guesses on what will be in my top 10?? :D
LOA, WTMT, S&T, I Call It Love? Let us know! :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Oldmacs » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:33 pm

42. Late Last Night

Late Last Night is one of the tracks on the US version of Not That Kind, the story of a woman finding her boyfriend is unfaithful and I really quite like it. Its ballady and a bit old school imho, a bit of a different song for Anastacia.

41. Heavy Rotation

Heavy Rotation, the title track from Ana's ill fated 4th album is also a different song for Anastacia. An addictive dance track, I can't help feeling like dancing whenever I hear it. The beat is addictive and it again shows how well Anastacia can adjust to different genres.
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:45 pm

LLN is nice but I'm not a fan of the sound.

HR is good, it's true she could sing any genre and I'd enjoy it! #stan
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Oldmacs » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:06 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:LLN is nice but I'm not a fan of the sound.

HR is good, it's true she could sing any genre and I'd enjoy it! #stan
Tbh... I'm still going off my list from October last year.. and LLN would be much lower now.. I just don't know how it would work rejigging this whole list :P
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby Oldmacs » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:21 am

Ok - I'm back - I had to rejig the list :O

The Saddest Part

The Saddest Part was the b side to Welcome To My Truth. Its a very emotional song, one of those songs that Anastacia sounds almost vulnerable in this one.

Stay

Stay is another emotional one, it took me a long time to connect with this one, and perhaps it wasn't till I heard it live in April 2015 where I really connected to the emotion flowing through it. Written about Anastacia's desire to 'Stay' after she was told that she had breast cancer for a second time, I really love this song and the meaning it holds.
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby Oldmacs » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:25 am

CrazyCrazy wrote:
Oldmacs wrote:Any updated guesses on what will be in my top 10?? :D
LOA, WTMT, S&T, I Call It Love? Let us know! :D
Hmmm we'll see ;)
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby Oldmacs » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:36 pm

38. Resurrection

Resurrection is the title track from Anastacia's 2014 originals album, though it is only included on the deluxe version. I guess Resurrection follows the sprit of the album - Anastacia's Resurrection from second cancer battle, from her divorce, label changes and a return to her signature Sprock sound. I love the production on this one and how the song builds up to a massive chorus.

37. Best Of You

Anastacia's cover of the Foo Fighter's song - Best Of You was the lead single from Its a Man's World which was Ana's 2012 covers album. I really enjoy Best Of You, I think the song is well matched to Anastacia's voice and at the time it was great to see Anastacia return to something guitar driven for the first time since 2005.
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:37 pm

Resurrection is the best song there, it's beautiful, one of her best ballads. I like all of the others too! The Saddest Part is lovely.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Oldmacs » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:53 am

CrazyCrazy wrote:Resurrection is the best song there, it's beautiful, one of her best ballads. I like all of the others too! The Saddest Part is lovely.
Resurrection is great.. I think I've gone off it a bit, but I tend to do that then I go back to loving it?
Oldmacs
Manager

Postby Oldmacs » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:38 pm

36. I dreamed you

I dreamed you is one of those subtle Anastacia songs, it is an intense song of longing and love. The song builds and builds and then softly fades out. Just one of those Ana song that deviates from the normal, which I enjoy :)

35. Calling all angels

Calling all angels is a bit of an odd choice for this list, given it was never released, but never the less I love it. Calling all angels is a left over from the Heavy Rotation era that was passed onto another artist apparently. It is a big song, its catchy (in an uptempo ballad way), I think the production is great, even though its obviously not Sprock. Would have loved this on Heavy Rotation instead of some other songs (I'm looking at you Absolutely Positively).
Oldmacs
Manager

Return to Personal Charts