Whoawhoa's Monthly Top 40 - We are all the same

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:33 pm

whoawhoa wrote:Well, I can't believe how long it's been since you sent me that last message, and I still haven't replied. I have not forgot about it - I just always remember when I'm too busy. haha.

"Wings" is phenomenal, I hear it all the time on the radio here now and it just lifts me up and takes me away every time. Delta managed to get it to #1 in Australia for 2 weeks - her 9th overall and her first since 2007!! So happy for her and her fans, because she deserves it! :D I'm glad you're appreciating it's uplifting spirit - I'll be playing it into Spring, while you play it into Autumn. :wink:

I love all of those you mentioned as your favourites. In fact "Electric Storm" is one of my ultimate favourite Delta songs as well and it only missed out on the top 20 last week by a couple plays. This week "When My Stars Come Out" was very close too. Would have been #22. I noticed you didn't put "Not Me, Not I" in the list you made - is that because you aren't familiar with it, or because you don't like it. Hopefully it's the former and if so, I highly recommend it! The way the piano and her voice melt together in that song sends shivers down my spine. 8-)

So my initial top 5 guess was correct!! I love those songs too. "Piece of Me" would have to be my least favourite of the five but I still love it and have fond memories of listening to it in my younger days.
Yeah, I can definitely relate to that! These days, I hardly have the time or energy to comment on charts as much as I used to. I can't wait for my next true vacation! :lol:

I think "Wings" will prove quite useful to me this autumn. I just checked out "Not Me, Not I" and it is spectacular indeed! The lyrics are just okay for me, but her voice and that piano are definitely something else! It's already been downloaded to my PC, awaiting transfer to my phone for official hit status. Good to know that you appreciate my other Delta favourites. :D

I think "Piece of Me" is generally underrated, but then again it's my favourite song from my favourite album of all-time so I'm inclined to think that.

I also checked out "Body Talk" and it was okay. It's definitely not in the same league as "Let Go for Tonight", but it's listenable.

3. Delta Goodrem - Wings
6. Delta Goodrem - Not Me, Not I
8. Ed Sheeran - Photograph
10. Demi Lovato - Cool For the Summer BIGGEST LEAPER
11. Foxes - Body Talk
12. Taylor Swift - Wildest Dreams
18. Delta Goodrem - Innocent Eyes
20. Delta Goodrem - Wish You Were Here
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:31 am

whoawhoa wrote:It's a shame that often the music of Australian artists are restricted for the rest of the world to see. :( I hope you get to hear Armageddon soon though - it's an extremely solid album ,in my opinion.

It's amazing what a single treatment and radio airplay can do to my opinion of a song. "Wildest Dreams" was never a favourite of mine, but now I adore it.
Yeah, it's strange to be honest, as Australia has a very good market & lots of good artists. I've already got a similar problem when i wanted to download Havana Brown's "Warrior", but that one wasn't available on iTunes here :o
Maybe i'll buy it physically or download it when i got some more money to spend :)

Good it grew on you now :)

Also love to see "Shine" in the Top5 now. Did you listen to their album? It took weeks to grow on me but now i'm loving it!
Good to see Ed, Demi, Taylor and Jess as well. + i have to check out the track by Vance Joy... i really liked his "Riptide"! :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby whoawhoa » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:32 pm

Thanks for the comments! :D

JSparksFan wrote:Yeah, I can definitely relate to that! These days, I hardly have the time or energy to comment on charts as much as I used to. I can't wait for my next true vacation! :lol:

I think "Wings" will prove quite useful to me this autumn. I just checked out "Not Me, Not I" and it is spectacular indeed! The lyrics are just okay for me, but her voice and that piano are definitely something else! It's already been downloaded to my PC, awaiting transfer to my phone for official hit status. Good to know that you appreciate my other Delta favourites. :D

I think "Piece of Me" is generally underrated, but then again it's my favourite song from my favourite album of all-time so I'm inclined to think that.

I also checked out "Body Talk" and it was okay. It's definitely not in the same league as "Let Go for Tonight", but it's listenable.

3. Delta Goodrem - Wings
6. Delta Goodrem - Not Me, Not I
8. Ed Sheeran - Photograph
10. Demi Lovato - Cool For the Summer BIGGEST LEAPER
11. Foxes - Body Talk
12. Taylor Swift - Wildest Dreams
18. Delta Goodrem - Innocent Eyes
20. Delta Goodrem - Wish You Were Here
I'm still really happy you enjoyed "Not Me, Not I". I've just learnt to play that main riff thing on the piano and I hope to learn the rest soon too! :D

"Piece of Me" was a huge hit here - I can remember how popular it was, even though I wasn't even into music by that stage. I prefer "Gimme More" and "Break the Ice" though, to be honest. But "Piece of Me" has the greatest lyrics.

"Body Talk" I was convinced to listening to after it's high charting on the UK-Mix Parade a couple months ago. Although i liked it initially, it was certainly a grower - it's a great pop track.

Tansike wrote:
Yeah, it's strange to be honest, as Australia has a very good market & lots of good artists. I've already got a similar problem when i wanted to download Havana Brown's "Warrior", but that one wasn't available on iTunes here :o
Maybe i'll buy it physically or download it when i got some more money to spend :)

Good it grew on you now :)

Also love to see "Shine" in the Top5 now. Did you listen to their album? It took weeks to grow on me but now i'm loving it!
Good to see Ed, Demi, Taylor and Jess as well. + i have to check out the track by Vance Joy... i really liked his "Riptide"! :)
"Warrior" is restricted too? It's stupid - I actually love Aussie pop, more than most here do at least. :lol: So many of the songs I listen to are home grown and I can't see why that don't at least give them a chance in overseas markets.

No. I haven't got around to listening to the album, but if "Shine" and "King" are any indication - it would be have to be half decent.

"Fire and the Flood" is no "Riptide" but it's still a strong track in its own right - hope you enjoy it! :)
whoawhoa
Personal Assistant

Postby whoawhoa » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:35 pm

FORTY-SECOND CHART - Friday 18th September

1. Janet Jackson - Unbreakable STRONGEST DEBUT
Last Week: New Entry Weeks on Chart: 1 Highest Position: 1
2. Tina Arena - Overload
LW:2 WOC:2 HP:2
3. Tina Arena - I Want to Love You
LW:1 WOC:2 HP:1
4. Jess Glynne - Don't Be So Hard On Yourself BIGGEST LEAPER
LW:13 WOC:2 HP:4
5. The Rubens - Hoops
LW:4 WOC:2 HP:4
6. Demi Lovato - Cool For the Summer
LW:10 WOC:7 HP:2
7. P!NK - Today's the Day
LW: NEw Entry WOC:1 HP:7
8. Janet Jackson - No Sleeep
LW: Re-entry WOC:8 HP:1
9. Ed Sheeran - Photograph
LW:8 WOC:12 HP:3
10. Mariah Carey - Infinity
LW: Re-entry WOC:16 HP:1

11. Vance Joy - Fire and the Flood
LW:14 WOC:2 HP:11
12. Delta Goodrem - Wings
LW:3 WOC:7 HP:1
13. Years & Years - Shine
LW:5 WOC:7 HP:5
14. Delta Goodrem - Not Me, Not I
LW:6 WOC:4 HP:2
15. Kylie Minogue & Garibay Feat. Giorgio Moroder - Your Body
LW: New Entry WOC:1 HP:15
16. Janet Jackson - If
LW: Re-entry WOC:5 HP:4
17. Delta Goodrem - A Little Too Late
LW: New Entry WOC:1 HP:17
18. Kylie Minogue & Garibay Feat. Shaggy - Black and White
LW: New Entry WOC:1 HP:18
19. Chet Faker - Bend LARGEST FALLER
LW:9 WOC:12 HP:2
20. Guy Sebastian - Tonight Again
LW: Re-entry WOC:8 HP:4

BIGGEST FALL OFF THE CHART: Brandon Flowers - Never Get You Right Fell from #7
----------------------------------
whoawhoa
Personal Assistant

Postby JSparksFan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:00 am

I just checked out "Don't Be So Hard on Yourself" and I really liked it! I downloaded it before the first play was complete. :lol:

Your #1 is really solid, and definitely more instant than "No Sleeep" was. Janet's knack for delivering phenomenally suave, lighthearted jams hasn't left her after all these years.

Also great to see "If"! It has the distinction of being the only song this week that would make an all-time favourite songs list of mine (which it actually did two years ago).

16. Janet Jackson - If
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:41 am

whoawhoa wrote:"Warrior" is restricted too? It's stupid - I actually love Aussie pop, more than most here do at least. :lol: So many of the songs I listen to are home grown and I can't see why that don't at least give them a chance in overseas markets.

No. I haven't got around to listening to the album, but if "Shine" and "King" are any indication - it would be have to be half decent.

"Fire and the Flood" is no "Riptide" but it's still a strong track in its own right - hope you enjoy it! :)
The original version is, but the remixes are available here :lol:
It's really good! If you've got some time, you should check it out :)

Nice climb for Jess. The track is pretty solid, can't wait to hear the whole album.
Also still like the entries by Demi, Ed, Years & Years and Guy :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby HaskaWuga » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:42 am

I really love your number one song!❤️
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby whoawhoa » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:46 am

Thanks for all your comments back in September guys! They're really appreciated! :D
JSparksFan wrote:I just checked out "Don't Be So Hard on Yourself" and I really liked it! I downloaded it before the first play was complete. :lol:

Your #1 is really solid, and definitely more instant than "No Sleeep" was. Janet's knack for delivering phenomenally suave, lighthearted jams hasn't left her after all these years.

Also great to see "If"! It has the distinction of being the only song this week that would make an all-time favourite songs list of mine (which it actually did two years ago).

16. Janet Jackson - If
I'm glad to see you're still enjoying "Don't Be So Hard on Yourself" and that I helped you discover it. :)

It's amazing to think that "Unbreakable" and its parent album are only a few months old; they feel so permanent and legendary already!

If I made an all-time chart, "If" would definitely be joined by "Not Me, Not I" and "Wings", as well as some others perhaps.

Tansike wrote:
The original version is, but the remixes are available here :lol:
It's really good! If you've got some time, you should check it out :)

Nice climb for Jess. The track is pretty solid, can't wait to hear the whole album.
Also still like the entries by Demi, Ed, Years & Years and Guy :)
Australian record companies are a mess! :lol:

I still haven't checked out that Years & Years album but I really should.

HaskaWuga wrote:I really love your number one song!❤️
It is terrific! It really has long staying power too! :D
whoawhoa
Personal Assistant

Postby whoawhoa » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:54 am

It's really shocking to think that "Unbreakable" the song had just been recently the last time I updated this! :o I love that song and I've played it many more times since. :) For the record, I constructed a top 20 list for the week after too, in which Janet and Missy Elliot's "BURNITUP!" debuted at number one, but I never got to format it and post it on UK-mix.

I've had an extremely busy time since I last updated and didn't have the time or energy to construct a weekly chart, as the way I do it is quite time consuming because I'm not overly tech savvy and I use more manual methods. However, I am returning this Friday with a chart from the first week of the new year, the 1st to the 8th!

Hope to see your faces back here for the 2016 chapter of my music adoration. :D
whoawhoa
Personal Assistant

Postby Phoenixx » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:30 pm

No new Update?

Photograph 8-)
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby whoawhoa » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:59 pm

Hi everyone! :D

It has been a long, long time since I posted my last chart, with a few false starts in between. I'm sorry for the wait, but I wasn't listening to enough music nor had enough to compile a chart in that stage of my life. It was always more of a hiatus than an ending though; I knew I'd eventually be back.

And here I am, so I hope you enjoy![/b]
whoawhoa
Personal Assistant

Postby whoawhoa » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:00 pm

FORTY-THIRD CHART - Friday 25th March, 2017!!!!

1. Tinashe - Flame STRONGEST DEBUT
Last Week: New Entry Weeks on Chart: 1 Highest Position: 1
2. Madonna - Crazy For You
LW: New Entry WOC:1 HP:2
3. Linkin Park & Kiiara- Heavy
LW: New Entry WOC:1 HP:3
4. The Chainsmokers ft Phoebe Ryan - All We Know
LW: New Entry WOC:1 HP:4
5. Marian Hill - Down
LW: New Entry WOC:1 HP:5
6. Tina Arena - Not Still in Love With You
LW: New Entry WOC:1 HP:6
7. Tina Arena - I Want to Know What Love Is
LW: New Entry WOC:1 HP:7
8. Mariah Carey - Vision of Love
LW: Re-entry WOC:4 HP:3
9. Martin Garrix & Dua Lipa - Scared to Be Lonely
LW: New Entry WOC:1 HP:9
10. Sage the Gemini - Now and Later
LW: New Entry WOC:1 HP:10

11. Middle Kids - Never Start
LW: New Entry WOC:1 HP:11
12. Madonna - Justify My Love
LW: New Entry WOC:1 HP:12
13. Madonna - Miles Away
LW: New Entry WOC:1 HP:13
14. Lea Michele - Cannonball
LW: New Entry WOC:1 HP:14
15. Sia - Never Give Up
LW: New Entry WOC:1 HP:15
16. Jon Bellion - All Time Low
LW: New Entry WOC:1 HP:16
17. Katy Perry feat. Skip Marley - Chained to the Rhythm
LW: New Entry WOC:1 HP:17
18. Adele - Hello
LW: New Entry WOC:1 HP:18
19. Madonna - Bedtime Story
LW: New Entry WOC:1 HP:19
20. Ciara - Dance Like We're Making Love
LW: New Entry WOC:1 HP:20

BIGGEST FALL OFF THE CHART: Janet Jackson - Unbreakable Fell from #1
whoawhoa
Personal Assistant

Postby luckyONE » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:33 pm

it's always good to see lots of Madonna on any personal chart. Crazy For You is awesome! 8-)
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:57 am

Ah, it's back! Lovely! :D

I'd heard "Flame" a week or so ago, but it didn't click. After seeing it at #1 here earlier on in the day, I revisited it, and it's proven to be such a grower! It's definitely coming for "All Hands on Deck" has my top Tinashe track.

The Madonna entries are cool too. "Crazy for You" is especially great. The best song on the chart, though, does belong to Mariah. 8-)

13. Madonna - Miles Away
18. Adele - Hello
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby whoawhoa » Wed May 31, 2017 3:11 pm

luckyONE wrote:it's always good to see lots of Madonna on any personal chart. Crazy For You is awesome! 8-)
It truly is a splendid track!

JSparksFan wrote:Ah, it's back! Lovely! :D

I'd heard "Flame" a week or so ago, but it didn't click. After seeing it at #1 here earlier on in the day, I revisited it, and it's proven to be such a grower! It's definitely coming for "All Hands on Deck" has my top Tinashe track.

The Madonna entries are cool too. "Crazy for You" is especially great. The best song on the chart, though, does belong to Mariah. 8-)

13. Madonna - Miles Away
18. Adele - Hello
Sad how briefly it was back for, but you know me! :lol: :lol:

I'm glad to see I led to your second chance of "Flame". It's a killer pop tune which deserved more success and conquered my ears in March and April.

I'm so excited for each update to your Madonna countdown, which I lurk about on regularly. "Crazy For You" is epic and I'm looking forward to seeing where you rank it. :)
whoawhoa
Personal Assistant

Postby whoawhoa » Wed May 31, 2017 3:23 pm

So after yet another failed attempt at a 'comeback', I think I've find a way to make my chart work. I have struggled with getting accurate play counts, finding time to post, and sometimes listening to enough music to have a good weekly chart. Therefore, I have decided to invest my time into a monthly top 40, in which songs generally need to be listened to for more than 3 or 4 times to chart.

This first chart isn't very varied, on account of my deliberate delving back into some of the Songbird Supreme's forgotten and ignored (at least by me) tracks in her discography. However, I can assure you there will be more variation in the future.
FORTY-FOURTH CHART - The month of MAY 2017

TOP 40 SONGS
1. Mariah Carey - Outside
2. Sage the Gemini - Now and Later
3. Mariah Carey feat. YG - I Don't
4. Mariah Carey - Till the End of Time
5. Mariah Carey - Vision of Love

6. Mariah Carey - Honey
7. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
8. Mariah Carey - Faded
9. Madonna - Secret
10. Beyonce - Best Thing I Never Had

11. Tina Arena - I Need Your Body
12. Mariah Carey feat. Cam'Ron - Boy (I Need You)
13. Mariah Carey - Don't Forget About Us
14. Tinashe - Flame
15. Mariah Carey - I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time

16. Mariah Carey - To Be Around You
17. Mariah Carey - My All
18. Mariah Carey - I Stay in Love
19. Mariah Carey - The Wind
20. Tina Arena - The Machine's Breaking Down

21. Mariah Carey - Long Ago
22. Mariah Carey feat. Jermaine Dupri- Sweetheart
23. Mariah Carey - My Saving Grace
24. Celine Dion - That's the Way it is
25. Mariah Carey - Through the Rain

26. Mariah Carey - Petals
27. John Legend - Love Me Now
28. Harry Styles - Sign of the Times
29. Mariah Carey feat. Jermaine Dupri - Makin' It Last All Night (What It Do)
30. Cold Chisel - Flame Trees

31. Britney Spears - I'm a Slave 4U
32. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl
33. Three Days Grace - Last to Know
34. Mariah Carey - Dreamlover
35. Katy Perry feat. Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish

36. Mariah Carey - Emotions
37. Mariah Carey feat. Da Brat, Ludacris, Twenty II & Shawnna)- Loverboy (Remix)
38. The xx - Say Something Loving
39. Mariah Carey - Subtle Invitation
40. Mariah Carey - Didn't Mean to Turn You On

ARTISTS OF THE MONTH

1. Mariah Carey
2. Tina Arena
3. Madonna

ALBUMS OF THE MONTH
1. Mariah Carey - Butterfly
2. Mariah Carey - Charmbracelet
3. Mariah Carey - E=MC^2
Last edited by whoawhoa on Wed May 31, 2017 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whoawhoa
Personal Assistant

Postby JSparksFan » Wed May 31, 2017 10:35 pm

I think it should look like this:

whoawhoa wrote:ARTISTS OF THE MONTH
1. Mariah Carey
2. I hardly played her
3. I hardly played her - 1
As for the actual chart:

The Mariah songs (exclusive of "Loverboy", "Petals", "The Wind", and "Boy (I Need You)") >>>

"That's the Way It Is" >>>

The semi-listenable Katy/Nicki collab >

Britney's most dire lead single (that is still stronger than some persons' discographies) >

John Legend's best single since "Ordinary People" >

The fact that you've been lurking around my Madonna tribute, but only "Secret" charts here <<<

The four songs from xx, Tina Arena, Cold Chisel, and Sage the Gemini that I don't know = ???
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:50 am

Very happy to see "Galway Girl" there :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby whoawhoa » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:58 pm

JSparksFan wrote:I think it should look like this:

whoawhoa wrote:ARTISTS OF THE MONTH
1. Mariah Carey
2. I hardly played her
3. I hardly played her - 1
As for the actual chart:

The Mariah songs (exclusive of "Loverboy", "Petals", "The Wind", and "Boy (I Need You)") >>>

"That's the Way It Is" >>>

The semi-listenable Katy/Nicki collab >

Britney's most dire lead single (that is still stronger than some persons' discographies) >

John Legend's best single since "Ordinary People" >

The fact that you've been lurking around my Madonna tribute, but only "Secret" charts here <<<

The four songs from xx, Tina Arena, Cold Chisel, and Sage the Gemini that I don't know = ???
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: at the revised artists of the month! Although June had the same number one, I can assure you the winning margin was significantly smaller.

The Mariah songs you excluded are individually better than most discographies, too (except maybe "Boy" :oops: )

Excuse you. "Swish Swish" is a certified bop, and my go-to car song.

Last month (and this month too actually), I played many Madonna songs but not enough to make the Top 40 of the whole month. If I did a Top 100, there would be a lot more. I feel like you'd be happy with the two that charted, though

I'm going to have to give you a playlist of Tina's best work some time.

Tansike wrote:Very happy to see "Galway Girl" there :)
It's so catchy and I love the how traditionally Irish it sounds despite being a pop song! Hopefully there will be more songs you can appreciate from June. :D
whoawhoa
Personal Assistant

Postby whoawhoa » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:03 pm

FORTY-FIFTH CHART- The month of JUNE 2017

TOP 40 SONGS
1. Luis Fonsi feat. Daddy Yankee - Despacito
2. Lorde - Liability
3. Niall Horan - Slow Hands
4. John Legend feat. Chance the Rapper - Penthouse Floor
5. Harry Styles - Sign of the Times

6. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
7. Katy Perry - Miss You More
8. Katy Perry feat. Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish
9. Sigrid - Don't Kill My Vibe
10. Lorde - Green Light

11. Dean Lewis - Waves
12. Sage the Gemini - Now and Later
13. Jennifer Hudson - Remember Me
14. Mariah Carey - Dreamlover
15. Lady Gaga - The Cure

16. Mariah Carey - Outside
17. Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
18. Mariah Carey - Now That I Know
19. Lorde - Writer in the Dark
20. Madonna - Deeper and Deeper

21. Jessica Mauboy - Fallin'
22. Shakira feat. Maluma - Chantaje
23. Tash Sultana - Murder to the Mind
24. Tinashe - Flame
25. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay

26. Martin Garrax & Dua Lipa - Scared to Be Lonely
27. Katy Perry - Tsunami
28. Shakira - Nada
29. Bruno Mars - Versace on the Floor
30. Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby

31. Mariah Carey - Obsessed
32. John Legend - Love Me Now
33. Nika - Real Fake Love
34. Mariah Carey - Don't Forget About Us
35. Mariah Carey feat. YG - I Don't

36. Mariah Carey - Vision of Love
37. Three Days Grace - Last to Know
38. Alfie Arcuri - If They Only Knew
39. Mariah Carey - I Stay in Love
40. Mariah Carey - Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)

ARTISTS OF THE MONTH

1. Mariah Carey
2. Katy Perry
3. Lorde
4. Luis Fonsi
5. Madonna

ALBUMS OF THE MONTH
1. Katy Perry - Witness
2. Lorde - Melodrama
3. Mariah Carey - Music Box
4. John Legend - Darkness and Light
5. Shakira - El Dorado
whoawhoa
Personal Assistant

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:05 pm

Great #1! I think you're aware that I prefer the Bieber-featuring remix, but the original is solid, too!

Oh my, you weren't underselling the Madonna songs! My #1 and #3 from her! :cry:

Honestly, I'm not sold on Lorde's album, but, then again, I didn't love Pure Heroine either.

What in heavens is "Penthouse Floor" doing here, though? :o Very, very pleasant surprise! I don't believe I've seen it on anybody else's chart, but it's been one of the more underrated singles of the year for me.

1. Luis Fonsi feat. Daddy Yankee - Despacito
2. Lorde - Liability
3. Niall Horan - Slow Hands
4. John Legend feat. Chance the Rapper - Penthouse Floor
5. Harry Styles - Sign of the Times
6. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
8. Katy Perry feat. Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish
10. Lorde - Green Light
14. Mariah Carey - Dreamlover
15. Lady Gaga - The Cure
17. Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
18. Mariah Carey - Now That I Know
19. Lorde - Writer in the Dark
20. Madonna - Deeper and Deeper
22. Shakira feat. Maluma - Chantaje
24. Tinashe - Flame
25. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay
26. Martin Garrax & Dua Lipa - Scared to Be Lonely
29. Bruno Mars - Versace on the Floor
30. Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
31. Mariah Carey - Obsessed
32. John Legend - Love Me Now
34. Mariah Carey - Don't Forget About Us
35. Mariah Carey feat. YG - I Don't
36. Mariah Carey - Vision of Love
39. Mariah Carey - I Stay in Love
40. Mariah Carey - Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby whoawhoa » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:03 pm

JSparksFan wrote:Great #1! I think you're aware that I prefer the Bieber-featuring remix, but the original is solid, too!

Oh my, you weren't underselling the Madonna songs! My #1 and #3 from her! :cry:

Honestly, I'm not sold on Lorde's album, but, then again, I didn't love Pure Heroine either.

What in heavens is "Penthouse Floor" doing here, though? :o Very, very pleasant surprise! I don't believe I've seen it on anybody else's chart, but it's been one of the more underrated singles of the year for me.
I don't think we'll ever agree on the definitive version of "Despacito", unless you see the light, of course! :wink:

I thought you'd like those Madonna songs. :lol: And what classics they are!

Melodrama is leagues ahead of her debut (and I liked that too) and it's easily one of 2017's strongest releases for me.

I adore "Penthouse Floor"! The whole album is solid but it is definitely the standout track and I totally agree with your comments on it. It's so groovy musically, well-sung, and tackles a social issue well without sounding corny. Chance's rap is amazing and engaging, too.

Hopefully you like the following two months' charts, which I'm just updating now. :lol:
whoawhoa
Personal Assistant

Postby whoawhoa » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:03 pm

FORTY-SIXTH CHART- The month of JULY 2017

TOP 40 SONGS
1. Adam Lambert - Two Fux
2. Luis Fonsi Feat. Daddy Yankee - Despacito
3. Lorde - Green Light
4. Lorde - Liability
5. Niall Horan - Slow Hands

6. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
7. Katy Perry - Miss You More
8. Harry Styles - Sign of the Times
9. Sigrid - Don't Kill My Vibe
10. Katy Perry Feat. Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish

11. Dean Lewis - Waves
12. John Legend Feat. Chance the Rapper - Penthouse Floor
13. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holding Me Back
14. Martin Garrix & Dua Lipa - Scared to Be Lonely
15. Jennifer Hudson - Remember Me

17. Lorde - Writer in the Dark
18. Nika - Real Fake Love
19. Jessica Mauboy - Fallin'
20. Kesha - Praying

21. Judah Kelly - Count on Me
22. Lady Gaga - The Cure
23. Shakira Feat. Maluma - Chantaje
24. Sage the Gemini - Now and Later
25. Lorde - Homemade Dynamite

26. John Legend - Love Me Now
27. Lorde - The Louvre
28. Hoseah Partsch - Paper Planes
29. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
30. Lorde - Hard Feelings/Loveless

31. Lorde - Sober
32. Katy Perry - Bigger Than Me
33. Delta Goodrem - Lost Without You
34. Britney Spears - Sometimes
35. Katy Perry - Tsunami

36. Lorde - Sober II (Melodrama)
37. Linkin Park & Kiiara - Heavy
38. PVRIS - What's Wrong
39. Mariah Carey - Hero
40. Liam Payne Feat. Quavo - Strip That Down

ARTISTS OF THE MONTH

1. Mariah Carey
2. Lorde
3. Katy Perry
4. Britney Spears
5. John Legend

ALBUMS OF THE MONTH
1. Lorde - Melodrama
2. Katy Perry - Witness
3. Britney Spears - Glory
4. John Legend - Darkness and Light
5. Mariah Carey - Butterfly
whoawhoa
Personal Assistant

Postby whoawhoa » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:04 pm

FORTY-SEVENTH CHART- The month of AUGUST 2017

TOP 40 SONGS
1. Kesha - Praying
2. Adam Lambert - Two Fux
3. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
4. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holding Me Back

6. Britney Spears - Love Me Down
7. Lorde - Green Light
8. Sam Hunt - Body Like a Back Road
9. Mariah Carey - Through the Rain
10. Liam Payne Feat. Quavo - Strip That Down

11. Katy Perry Feat. Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish
12. Calvin Harris Feat. Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry & Big Sean - Feels
13. Britney Spears - Man on the Moon
14. Mariah Carey - Outside
15. Mariah Carey - Vision of Love

16. Judah Kelly - Count on Me
17. Britney Spears - Better
18. Luis Fonso Feat. Daddy Yankee - Despacito
19. Britney Spears - Liar
20. Britney Spears - Invitation

21. Billie Eilish - COPYCAT
22. John Legend Feat. Chance the Rapper - Penthouse Floor
23. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
24. Jennifer Hudson - Remember Me
25. Jessica Mauboy - Fallin'

26. French Montana Feat. Swae Lee & Mariah Carey - Unforgettable (Mariah Carey Remix)
27. Lorde - Liability
28. Mariah Carey - Honey
29. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay
30. Britney Spears - I'm a Slave 4U

31. Shakira Feat. Maluma - Chantaje
32. Charlie Puth - Attention
33. Harry Styles - Sign of the Times
34. Britney Spears - Coupure Electrique
35. Mariah Carey - Lullaby

36. Mariah Carey Feat. Krayzie Bone & Wish Bone - Breakdown
37. BOO SEEKA - Turn Up Your Light
38. Britney Spears - Outrageous
39. Mariah Carey Feat. YG - I Don't
40. Jon Bellion - All Time Low

ARTISTS OF THE MONTH

1. Mariah Carey
2. Britney Spears
3. Kesha
4. Lorde
5. Katy Perry

ALBUMS OF THE MONTH
1. Britney Spears - Glory
2. Kesha - Rainbow
3. Lorde - Melodrama
4. Katy Perry - Witness
5. Mariah Carey - Butterfly
whoawhoa
Personal Assistant

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:57 am

Ah, sometimes it feels like I'm the only one who really enjoy(ed) "Two Fux". Good to know that isn't the case. For me, it's one of Adam's best singles.

1. Kesha - Praying
2. Adam Lambert - Two Fux
3. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
4. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holding Me Back
6. Britney Spears - Love Me Down
7. Lorde - Green Light
8. Sam Hunt - Body Like a Back Road
9. Mariah Carey - Through the Rain
10. Liam Payne Feat. Quavo - Strip That Down
11. Katy Perry Feat. Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish
12. Calvin Harris Feat. Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry & Big Sean - Feels
13. Britney Spears - Man on the Moon
14. Mariah Carey - Outside
15. Mariah Carey - Vision of Love
18. Luis Fonso Feat. Daddy Yankee - Despacito
22. John Legend Feat. Chance the Rapper - Penthouse Floor
26. French Montana Feat. Swae Lee & Mariah Carey - Unforgettable (Mariah Carey Remix)
27. Lorde - Liability
28. Mariah Carey - Honey
29. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay
30. Britney Spears - I'm a Slave 4U
31. Shakira Feat. Maluma - Chantaje
32. Charlie Puth - Attention
33. Harry Styles - Sign of the Times
34. Britney Spears - Coupure Electrique
35. Mariah Carey - Lullaby
36. Mariah Carey Feat. Krayzie Bone & Wish Bone - Breakdown
38. Britney Spears - Outrageous
39. Mariah Carey Feat. YG - I Don't
JSparksFan
Legend

Return to Personal Charts