Top Twenty Songs That Have Carey'd Me

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Mariah4Mimi » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:25 am

I am A Mariah Stan, As You Can See And Will Be Sharing My Top Twenty Mariah songs On Here. Number Twenty Is:

VANISHING

This vocal slayage right here is amazing. Mariah Carey was the first album by Mariah Carey I heard, and I remember skipping Vanishing when I was younger. Then a Youtube video absolutely changed my mind. It was of her performing it on SNL rehearsals. She absolutely slayed me to the next week. My weave was snatched; and I dont even wear weave! Since then, this riff and runs and vocal destroyer filled song has been on whenever and I always admire the lyrics. It reminds me of my broken childhood, where my dad was not really there. I see a lot of Mariah's songs as, not love songs, but songs that describe her bad childhood.
Last edited by Mariah4Mimi on Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CATCH YA IN 2017
Mariah4Mimi
Personal Assistant

Postby Mariah4Mimi » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:25 am

If anyone's actually reading this, What Do you Think Will Be My Number 19? Hint: It was From Mariah's 12th Album Memoirs and It Was Not A Single. . . :D
CATCH YA IN 2017
Mariah4Mimi
Personal Assistant

Postby DOSSOME » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:48 am

Betcha Gon Know?
Ribbon?
Errr...Nice attempt but sit anyway
DOSSOME
Superstar

Postby GetBack » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:28 am

Angels Cry?

I love the thread title by the way! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GetBack
Legend

Postby hotMCfan » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:05 am

Cool title.

Betcha Gon Know?
hotMCfan
Superstar

Postby bm08 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:41 pm

Interesting commentary on "Vanishing." Like you, I didnt really get the song initially and often skipped it. It was until much later, maybe around the E=MC2 era that I began appreciating this gem for what it's worth. I now think of it as one of my favorites due to the simplicity and lyrics.
bm08
Superstar

Postby Mariah4Mimi » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:37 am

Nice guesses. Will be releasing the 19th songs ASAP. If you already saw it then consider yourself lucky. :D
Last edited by Mariah4Mimi on Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
CATCH YA IN 2017
Mariah4Mimi
Personal Assistant

Postby NothingFails » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:40 am

Vanishing is a nice track. Mariah's debut is one of those albums that doesn't have a single weak track IMO.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby Mariah4Mimi » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:26 am

Despite the good guesses, my 19th song that has Carey'd Me was:

CANDY BLING
This hood-originated love ballad banger was my fav of the Memoirs album, mostly because it was booty. I actually skipped it and left the album alone for awhile. So when You're Mine came out a bunch of people including my other lamb friend told me it reminded her of Candy Bling. So I was like let me try. . . HOOKED since then. I've listened to this song so many times I can already imagine the video: a high school Mariah is in love with a bad boy gangster, and they've been dating for so long. Then, they get in an argument and later on in the night he goes to a drive by, he gets caught and shot. #90s problems. . . Mariah is then singing in a church in black till the end. SLAY. Anyways, this song is so mellow and chill, I love it so much. The only bad thing about this song is the generic snaps that infested all the songs on Memoirs.
Last edited by Mariah4Mimi on Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CATCH YA IN 2017
Mariah4Mimi
Personal Assistant

Postby GetBack » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:54 am

I love this song, Mariah should have made a video for it like "My Love" with The-Dream. I don't get the hate for this song. :lol: :lol: :lol:
GetBack
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:28 am

I'm not a fan of Mariah (but i like most of her singles) but i'm here to say that i absolutely love the title of this topic! :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby bm08 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:33 pm

Candy Bling has always been very blah for me. I dont really understood the fascination with this track although it does work well within the context of the cohesive Memoirs album.

GetBack wrote:I love this song, Mariah should have made a video for it like "My Love" with The-Dream. I don't get the hate for this song. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I love the "My Love" video!! Would be here for this!!!
bm08
Superstar

Postby himc15 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:03 pm

Mariah4Mimi you rock :lol: :lol:

thank you for this thread, i love it

but in anyway please dont miss ATYNAF on your list
i love this song,and it still bother me to this day,y Americans didnt send this to top 10 or #1?
himc15
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:01 am

"Vanishing" is a great song, but I always felt it was a bit overrated among MC fans. Her vocals on the track are divine, though.

"Candy Bling" is good. I like Mariah's vocals towards the end, but the song's a bit forgettable overall.

Tansike wrote:I'm not a fan of Mariah (but i like most of her singles) but i'm here to say that i absolutely love the title of this topic! :)
Me too!
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Mariah4Mimi » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:44 am

CAN'T TAKE THAT AWAY

This masterpiece right here is my Hero. Although I like to sing Hero, I like to listen to CTTA a lot more, just because it reminds of my past troubles and mistakes and lets me remember that I overcame them. Last summer was awful for me, so this song got me through it. I do not know how to thanks Mariah enough than by just making up this forum. The orchestra, and the belting encourages me to not give up or get lost in this corrupt place we call life and world. Although it may sound like your basic ballad, it is much more than a basic ballad.
Last edited by Mariah4Mimi on Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CATCH YA IN 2017
Mariah4Mimi
Personal Assistant

Postby Mariah4Mimi » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:51 am

himc15 wrote:Mariah4Mimi you rock :lol: :lol:

thank you for this thread, i love it

but in anyway please dont miss ATYNAF on your list
i love this song,and it still bother me to this day,y Americans didnt send this to top 10 or #1?
Tansike wrote:I'm not a fan of Mariah (but i like most of her singles) but i'm here to say that i absolutely love the title of this topic! :)
GetBack wrote:Angels Cry?

I love the thread title by the way! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you thank you sooo much guys!! These posts make me smile while I'm doing homework. Thank you so much, I promise ATYNAF will be on my list.
JSparksFan wrote:"Vanishing" is a great song, but I always felt it was a bit overrated among MC fans. Her vocals on the track are divine, though.

"Candy Bling" is good. I like Mariah's vocals towards the end, but the song's a bit forgettable overall.

Me too!
Thank you!!! :cry:

And yes to the My Love video lol
CATCH YA IN 2017
Mariah4Mimi
Personal Assistant

Postby GetBack » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:20 am

The Morales Triumphant Mix of "Can't Take That Away" is so much refreshing and uplifting compared to the original ballad version.
GetBack
Legend

Postby Mariah4Mimi » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:23 am

Yes slayy lol I love that one.

Hint: 17 came from the newest album and was really good. . . I mean that's what a lot of people thought.
CATCH YA IN 2017
Mariah4Mimi
Personal Assistant

Postby GetBack » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:42 am

Dedicated, Meteorite or #Beautiful? :D :D
GetBack
Legend

Postby Lamhe » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:02 am

love Vanishing. Wish she can sing like that once again.

Candy bling? I must have listened to that song for like 300 times. Its a loop and I love the nostalgia in it.

CTTA - I guess non-fans wont get why the lambs love that song. I almost shed a tear (or I really did) listening to it.
Lamhe
Manager

Postby DOSSOME » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:21 am

Can't Take That Away is everything to me.I never get enough of that song
Errr...Nice attempt but sit anyway
DOSSOME
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:14 am

DOSSOME wrote:Can't Take That Away is everything to me.I never get enough of that song
+1

It's one of the songs I play when I'm at my lowest low, and it never fails to leave me feeling inspired and empowered. It's definitely one of her most underrated singles.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Mariah4Mimi » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:40 am

#BEAUTIFUL

From the moment I heard this song, I knew it was going to be a smash. I told all my friends about it and they loved it. Want to know why? Because the song is so chill, it could be for everyone. My stoner friends even liked this song! They said it was a nice song to smoke weed to :lol: . You can be a black basketball player from the hood or a chic Asian chic in Europe and you would like this song. From the moment I saw the video, I knew the song was not gonna be a hit. But anways, this song is so chill and the first song from any Mariah era so it holds a good place in my heart.
Last edited by Mariah4Mimi on Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CATCH YA IN 2017
Mariah4Mimi
Personal Assistant

Postby GetBack » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:06 am

LOL at the "from the moment I saw the video, i knew it was not gonna be a hit" comment! :lol: :lol: :lol: Always a case in majority of Mariah's post-Loverboy videos! :oops: :oops: :lol:

It's great, Mariah needs songs this organic, it's far from being her best songs, but it's indeed refreshing. 8-) 8-)
GetBack
Legend

Postby hotMCfan » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:25 am

#Beautiful is the smash that didn't happen. Still fresh 2 years later!
hotMCfan
Superstar

Return to Personal Charts