Top Twenty Songs That Have Carey'd Me

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Mariah4Mimi » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:54 am

16- OBSESSED

This song was the song back in 6th grade. I remember coming back to school during the summer and everyone was humming that song. Lol I would sing that song to my teachers whenever they asked where was my homework and to a couple of thot boys. One time I put on the fan in the bathroom and that song came on. So I was flipping my hair and looking like a bad ass . . .until my mom started laughing out loud and I figured out she was spying me. This song taught me to watch for my back lol. This is just a banger you can sing with your friends and it's one of the few songs where you can show your cleavage and no one would call you a hoe. I especially love those last whistles at the end. . . and of course a certain somebody getting hit by a bus.
Last edited by Mariah4Mimi on Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CATCH YA IN 2017
Mariah4Mimi
Personal Assistant

Postby Mariah4Mimi » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:35 am

Hint is from EMC^2 album.
CATCH YA IN 2017
Mariah4Mimi
Personal Assistant

Postby GetBack » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:02 am

I still love that song! :D :D
GetBack
Legend

Postby musiclover2174 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:19 am

Love everything from your countdown so far, except Candy Bling. But I don't hate it either, I just found some other tracks from Memoirs better.
Can we recover, will the world ever be
A place of peace and harmony?
With no war and with no brutality
musiclover2174
Manager

Postby Tansike » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:50 am

"Obsessed" was cool, i loved the video :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Mariah4Mimi » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:32 am

MIGRATE

Migrate is the bees knees. I remember listening to it two years ago and at first I was like "umm. . . But now I get up and dance. I still believe this song should have been her 19th number one, but let's not talk about that kinda bad kinda good era and focus on the song. It may seem a bit outdated for now, but I know it would have been a hit in 2008 if Mariah didn't mess SNL up lol.
Last edited by Mariah4Mimi on Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CATCH YA IN 2017
Mariah4Mimi
Personal Assistant

Postby musiclover2174 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:36 am

^Her most wasted song. Should've been the lead single even if I enjoyed TMB. It's also among my favorite upbeats of Mimi.
musiclover2174
Manager

Postby Mariah4Mimi » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:13 pm

MUSIC BOX IS NUMBER 14

I love this song so much. It reminds me of Miss You Most At Christmas Time. This song is a song I would sing to my children when Im older. It's so chilling yet calm. I don't have much to say, I'm just going to let the music speak for itself.
Last edited by Mariah4Mimi on Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CATCH YA IN 2017
Mariah4Mimi
Personal Assistant

Postby Erotica » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:23 pm

I love Obsessed and Migrate :)
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby stevyy » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:27 pm

Music Box (the song) is such a magical tune, so mellow, so fluffy, so meaningful and so haunting.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Mariah4Mimi » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:21 am

ALL IN YOUR MIND
I remember when I was 15 and I was watching this video of all her whistle notes and saw the one she did backstage at SNL of All In Your Mind and I was stunned. I felt horrid that she could sing higher than me, but was in shock. Once I found the song, I loved how 80s it sounded, so much nostalgia. Although I am mostly I grew up a kid in the 00s, we were too broke to afford anything, so I watched things from the 80s. And she was saying darling since the first album :wink:
Last edited by Mariah4Mimi on Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CATCH YA IN 2017
Mariah4Mimi
Personal Assistant

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:55 pm

DEAD at this:

From the moment I heard this song, I knew it was going to be a smash
to
From the moment I saw the video, I knew the song was not gonna be a hit.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was never crazy about "#Beautiful". The hashtag annoyed me and the chill quality that you like came off as boring to me. It's grown on me, but it's still not among my favourite Mimi singles.

"Obsessed" is great, one of her catchiest singles ever. "Migrate" is also great, but most definitely overrated. I sometimes wonder if it would have been the hit everyone expected had it been properly pushed. I have my doubts.

"Music Box" is beautiful indeed. It relaxes me. "All in Your Mind" is so good! It's a shame it's such an unheralded album track. If fans could just send some of the love they have for "Vanishing to "All in Your Mind".
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby musiclover2174 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:41 am

All In Your Mind. <3 My favorite track from her debut album. 8-)
musiclover2174
Manager

Postby Mariah4Mimi » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:41 pm

The Beautiful Ones (Feat Dru. Hill)

Sisqo's and Mariah's voice melt together so well. It's a sex song tbh, which is why I love it. I loooooove Mariah's songs. I was shocked when I saw this on the Butterfly tracklist, as I love Prince. to death. I love the transition at 4:10.
CATCH YA IN 2017
Mariah4Mimi
Personal Assistant

Postby Mariah4Mimi » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:55 pm

NUMBER 11

HONEY

This is MC's most iconic video, and the launch of SexyIWillFuckYourManriah. This song helped me make it through 10th grade, when I was losing weight. I was running and wheezing but I was thinking, "It'll be worth it, as long as my body is hot like Mariah's". This song is the left alone bop. I swear when Im in college, I will put this song on, dive from the diving board and come out like how Mariah did. And when Im bored at home, I put on my bikini, my high heels and dance around, until I almost fall :lol: :lol:
CATCH YA IN 2017
Mariah4Mimi
Personal Assistant

Postby Mariah4Mimi » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:01 pm

NEVER TOO FAR AWAY

Although I have always disliked how Mariah belted, "Never too far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaeehh"
But this song is a masterpiece, even if I would have preferred if mariah used vibrato on her belts. The orchestra in the background slays my heart. And when she goes up crematically when she says, "There is solace"

Best quote from song: And though we can never be, I'll think of you and me.
CATCH YA IN 2017
Mariah4Mimi
Personal Assistant

Return to Personal Charts