Zoran's monthly chart - August 2016: AMNESTY

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Tansike » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:14 am

Good debut for Broods' album. It's the first thing i've checked out by them and i'm positively surprised!

Also nice return for "Honeymoon", and always good to see Grimes in the Top10. A bit sad about Ariana's big drop but at least she's still charting :)

As for Shura, i just saw that her album is out this week so i'll definitely check it out!
Tansike
Legend

Postby ArmyOfMe » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:39 pm

Tansike wrote:Good debut for Broods' album. It's the first thing i've checked out by them and i'm positively surprised!

Also nice return for "Honeymoon", and always good to see Grimes in the Top10. A bit sad about Ariana's big drop but at least she's still charting :)

As for Shura, i just saw that her album is out this week so i'll definitely check it out!
Thank you for your comment! I read you like Shura's album, I'm very glad! It's one of the best debuts this year IMO :D
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby ArmyOfMe » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:51 pm

My chart for the month of July is taken by storm by new albums and albums by artists that I saw live in that period of time. Róisín Murphy scores her second #1 album in a bit more than one year with her fourth solo release Take Her Up to Monto, which is slowly disclosing itself to me as a cerebral concept album of pure art. Just behind her comes the debut album from English-Russian popstar Shura, whom I got to see live and meet last month. Among other artists that I experienced live, Blood Orange and Rihanna manage to enter (or re-enter) the chart with their latest releases, while Grimes even manages to place her whole discography in my chart at the same time.

#1 Róisín Murphy - Take Her Up to Monto (NE)

#2 Shura - Nothing's Real (NE)

#3 Grimes - Art Angels (+6)

#4 Blood Orange - Freetown Sound (NE)

#5 Girls Aloud - Chemistry (NE)

#6 Beyoncé - Lemonade (=)

#7 Rihanna - ANTI (RE)

#8 Arca - Entrañas (NE)

#9 Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool (-5)

#10 Kelis - Tasty (NE)

#11 Allie X - CollXtion I (NE)

#12 Grimes - Visions (+4)

#13 ANOHNI - Hopelessness (-10)

#14 Grimes - Geidi Primes (NE)

#15 Róisín Murphy - Hairless Toys (RE)

#16 Crystal Castles - (II) (RE)

#17 Grimes - Darkbloom EP (NE)

#18 Kelis - Kelis Was Here (NE)

#19 Lady Gaga - Born This Way (NE)

#20 Grimes - Halfaxa (NE)

--

--

Songs of the month

Britney Spears - Make Me...

Shura - Kidz 'n' Stuff

Grimes - REALiTi

Blood Orange - Augustine

Kelis - Trick Me
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby MrRager » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:56 pm

Wait.! Love You To Death dropped out completely? :o :cry:

Nice for Grimes!

I love that new Shura song now. it's immense. Touch is also great so i'm gonna check the album out soon.

YES Allie X!!!! What did you think of it?
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby ArmyOfMe » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:05 pm

MrRager wrote:Wait.! Love You To Death dropped out completely? :o :cry:

Nice for Grimes!

I love that new Shura song now. it's immense. Touch is also great so i'm gonna check the album out soon.

YES Allie X!!!! What did you think of it?
Yep, unfortunately it dropped :( It'll probably re-enter in the future though, I just didn't feel like listening to it last month :oops:

You should check out the album, it's all in that vein and the quality of the songs is more or less the same throughout the whole album. Not a single filler.

I really like Allie and her style, hopefully CollXtion II is gonna slay! She reminds me a bit of some Scandinavian popstars, kind of edgy yet catchy.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby MrRager » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:54 am

ArmyOfMe wrote:I really like Allie and her style, hopefully CollXtion II is gonna slay! She reminds me a bit of some Scandinavian popstars, kind of edgy yet catchy.
Nice! Yeah she reminded me of that too. What's your fav song on CollXtion?
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:51 am

Great (and expected) debut for Shura this month. Her album is really good! :)

Also good re-entry for "Anti". Can't believe it, but i'm currently getting into that album - finally!! :cry:

Loving the appearances for Grimes' "Art Angels" and GaGa's "Born This Way" as well :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby ArmyOfMe » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:01 pm

MrRager wrote:
ArmyOfMe wrote:I really like Allie and her style, hopefully CollXtion II is gonna slay! She reminds me a bit of some Scandinavian popstars, kind of edgy yet catchy.
Nice! Yeah she reminded me of that too. What's your fav song on CollXtion?
I'm a real sucker for Crush! What a jam :D

Tansike wrote:Great (and expected) debut for Shura this month. Her album is really good! :)

Also good re-entry for "Anti". Can't believe it, but i'm currently getting into that album - finally!! :cry:

Loving the appearances for Grimes' "Art Angels" and GaGa's "Born This Way" as well :)
Thank you for your comment! I'm glad you're enjoying Shura's record, as well as finally getting into ANTi :D
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby ArmyOfMe » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:15 pm

I have no time nor energy for a detailed comment (nor for ebbending my songs of the month), but I have a lot of good music I've been playing lately. Despite my lack of time to dedicate religiously to music, it's been a pretty great month.

#1 Crystal Castles - Amnesty (I) (NE)

#2 Róisín Murphy - Take Her Up to Monto (-1)

#3 Britney Spears - Glory (NE)

#4 Shura - Nothing's Real (-2)

#5 Frank Ocean - Blonde (NE)

#6 Crystal Castles - (II) (RE)

#7 Arca - Entrañas (+1)

#8 Crystal Castles - (III) (RE)

#9 Beyoncé - Lemonade (-3)

#10 Grimes - Art Angels (-7)

#11 Arca - Mutant (RE)

#12 Stromae - √ (NE)

#13 Frank Ocean - Endless (NE)

#14 Arca - Xen (RE)

#15 Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (RE)

#16 Róisín Murphy - Hairless Toys (-1)

#17 Róisín Murphy - Overpowered (RE)

#18 Tegan and Sara - Love You to Death (RE)

#19 Taylor Swift - 1989 (RE)

#20 Amy Winehouse - Back to Black (NE)
Last edited by ArmyOfMe on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby CrazyCrazy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:17 pm

Róisín Murphy is perfect.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:09 am

Fantastic debut for Britney's "Glory"! She definitely delivered another great pop album :D

Checked out Franks' album due to the hype around it but unfortunately it's not really mine. I can listen to it, so i don't really dislike it, at least there's that... :oops:
Tansike
Legend

Postby ArmyOfMe » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:48 am

CrazyCrazy wrote:Róisín Murphy is perfect.
She embodies perfection in my eyes, yes! I'm surprised she managed to deliver another album just as good as HT.

Tansike wrote:Fantastic debut for Britney's "Glory"! She definitely delivered another great pop album :D

Checked out Franks' album due to the hype around it but unfortunately it's not really mine. I can listen to it, so i don't really dislike it, at least there's that... :oops:
Glory is so good, a real return to form for her!

I don't know how into R&B you are, but I am a sucker for slow urban albums with some kind of edge to them. I think Blonde will even climb in my next chart update.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby MrRager » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:13 pm

Love the Grimes, Taylor and Tegan and Sara albums! Glad to see the latter back! I listened to it last week and its still so good :cry:

Glory is not bad. Ariana's is pretty good!

Been meaning to check out your no.1 and the Shura albums.. Ill get round to it soon! :D
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:10 am

ArmyOfMe wrote:Glory is so good, a real return to form for her!

I don't know how into R&B you are, but I am a sucker for slow urban albums with some kind of edge to them. I think Blonde will even climb in my next chart update.
Agree (even if i loved half of "Britney Jean"... :oops: )

Well, i'm not the biggest fan, so that's probably why i'm also not the biggest fan of Frank's album. But there are some R&B albums that i really liked in the past, so that genre really grew on me over the years...
Tansike
Legend

Return to Personal Charts