Zoran's monthly chart - August 2016: AMNESTY

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby thankfulforkelly » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:46 pm

ANTI is pretty great actually. I was expecting something really hard work to get into but actually I found it pretty instant!

I'm gunna be honest I've never actually listened to a Kanye album :oops: he's so egotistical and narcissistic I'm not sure I can bring myself to :lol: :lol:

I love grimes and her album arts Angels! you (and everyone else who stans for the album here) are to thank as I'd never heard of her before signing up! my faves are probably Kill V Maim, Easily and Flesh Without Blood.

I have a huge amount of respect for David Bowie but apart from The Next Day and a greatest hits album I've never actually listened to an album of his :oops: I haven't listened to Blackstar yet :oops: I find death a really difficult concept to get my head around TBH and apparently the album is all about his then imminent death so I'm kinda hesitant to listen to the whole thing. Ive listened to Lazarus and Blackstar and enjoyed them though

love a head full of dreams! it's really great and definitely their best effort in awhile! second half of the album dips a bit tho :oops: fun, adventure of a lifetime, hymn for the weekend and ever glow are my faves

WOO 1989!! iconic pop album 8-)

by the way do you like Julia Holter?? I think she might be your cup of tea and I'm tired of being the only person who stans for her :cry:
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Manager

Postby Phoenixx » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:49 am

LOVE KANye & Coldplay STILL 8-)
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby Carbon » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:20 am

didn't know that Miguel added Kacey to Waves :o :o sounds good! but what a weird collab
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby ArmyOfMe » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:57 am

CrazyCrazy wrote:Particularly happy to see Lodger & Outside, both brilliant. 8-) Róisín is perfection too, your #1 has a number of good tracks as well.

DJ is great but not among my faves on Lodger. :D
I'm so surprised by the brilliance of Lodger, I didn't expect that at all! :o it's great from start to finish.

thankfulforkelly wrote:ANTI is pretty great actually. I was expecting something really hard work to get into but actually I found it pretty instant!

I'm gunna be honest I've never actually listened to a Kanye album :oops: he's so egotistical and narcissistic I'm not sure I can bring myself to :lol: :lol:

I love grimes and her album arts Angels! you (and everyone else who stans for the album here) are to thank as I'd never heard of her before signing up! my faves are probably Kill V Maim, Easily and Flesh Without Blood.

I have a huge amount of respect for David Bowie but apart from The Next Day and a greatest hits album I've never actually listened to an album of his :oops: I haven't listened to Blackstar yet :oops: I find death a really difficult concept to get my head around TBH and apparently the album is all about his then imminent death so I'm kinda hesitant to listen to the whole thing. Ive listened to Lazarus and Blackstar and enjoyed them though

love a head full of dreams! it's really great and definitely their best effort in awhile! second half of the album dips a bit tho :oops: fun, adventure of a lifetime, hymn for the weekend and ever glow are my faves

WOO 1989!! iconic pop album 8-)

by the way do you like Julia Holter?? I think she might be your cup of tea and I'm tired of being the only person who stans for her :cry:
Thank you for the long comment dear!

Kanye is a douchebag, but I truly believe he's one of the most genius musicians of our time! Every album of his is different and peculiar for some reason or another.

You should really try Blackstar, it's my favourite album of the year until now! It's a meditation on death but not just that. It's really his swan song, i.e. the last moment of life and brilliance before the end.

AHFOD it's really not as bad as I thought. It's definitely not their best either, but Coldplay declined a lot in quality after 2008 so it's ok.

I heard of Julia Holter and some of my hipsta friend rave about her, I inteded to check her out but never did that! I downloaded her latest album, I'll give it a spin soon and let you know! Thank you for suggesting me :D

Phoenixx wrote:LOVE KANye & Coldplay STILL 8-)
Glad you like them! :D

Carbon wrote:didn't know that Miguel added Kacey to Waves :o :o sounds good! but what a weird collab
Yep, it came out with the Waves remix EP, it's definitely my favourite remix of the bunch! They're a weird pair, but it strangely works :P
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Noahh » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:45 am

Yasss for the top 2. ANTI and The Life Of Pablo were also my top 2 albums of February.

And good to see the underrated "Yeah, I Said It" on your songs of the month. :D
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:41 am

#1 Rihanna - ANTI (NE)
#3 Grimes - Art Angels (-1)
#4 David Bowie - Blackstar (-3)
#7 Coldplay - A Head Full of Dreams (NE)
#13 Taylor Swift - 1989 (RE)

I like these albums :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:44 am

Good to see B'Day, 1989 and David Bowie's albums.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby ArmyOfMe » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:26 am

Noahh wrote:Yasss for the top 2. ANTI and The Life Of Pablo were also my top 2 albums of February.

And good to see the underrated "Yeah, I Said It" on your songs of the month. :D
Yeah, I Said It is mah jam!!! Pure sex 8-)

Tansike wrote:#1 Rihanna - ANTI (NE)
#3 Grimes - Art Angels (-1)
#4 David Bowie - Blackstar (-3)
#7 Coldplay - A Head Full of Dreams (NE)
#13 Taylor Swift - 1989 (RE)

I like these albums :)
Happy you like ANTI :D

Nippian93 wrote:Good to see B'Day, 1989 and David Bowie's albums.
I didn't know you liked Bowie :D also, 1989 is like my favourite pure pop album of the last 3/4 years :P
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby ArmyOfMe » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:49 am

March sees an unexpected invasion of new albums and old albums that I recently descovered or rediscovered. While Rihanna's ANTI miraculously manages to keep its #1 position (the first album to spend two consecutive months in my chart), there is a dozen of new album debuting behind it, most notably HÆLOS' debut album Full Circle, Icelandic electronic band múm's first album Yesterday Was Dramatic - Today Is OK (2000), Junior Boys' new album Big Black Coat, HANA's debut EP, Julia Holter's latest album Have You in My Wilderness, Azealia Banks' new mixtape SLAY-Z and Esperanza Spalding's new album Emily's D+Evolution. Alizée also manages to score three albums in my chart, thanks to a recent redescovery of her discography.

#1 Rihanna - ANTI (=)

#2 HÆLOS - Full Circle (NE)

#3 múm - Yesterday Was Dramatic - Today Is OK (NE)

#4 Junior Boys - Big Black Coat (NE)

#5 HANA - HANA EP (NE)

#6 Rhye - Woman (NE)

#7 Alizée - Gourmandises (NE)

#8 David Bowie - Blackstar (-4)

#9 Julia Holter - Have You in My Wilderness (NE)

#10 Miguel - WILDHEART (+1)

#11 Grimes - Art Angels (-8)

#12 Sia - This Is Acting (NE)

#13 Alizée - Mes Courants Electriques... (NE)

#14 Azealia Banks - SLAY-Z (NE)

#15 Esperanza Spalding - Emily's D+Evolution (NE)

#16 AURORA - All My Demons Greeting Me as a Friend (NE)

#17 Seth Bogart - Seth Bogart (NE)

#18 David Bowie - Lodger (-12)

#19 Alizée - Une Enfant du Siècle (NE)

#20 Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes (RE)

--

Songs of the month

ANOHNI - Drone Bomb Me

Shura - Touch

Alizée - Moi... Lolita

Katy B - I Wanna Be

HÆLOS - Pray

HANA - Clay

Rhye - The Fall
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Tansike » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:18 am

Great entries for the albums by Sia and Aurora :)

Also nice to see Alizée's "Moi... Lolita" as one of the songs of the month :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:48 pm

1 Rihanna - ANTI (=) I'm no Rihanna fan but this is a good album.

#3 múm - Yesterday Was Dramatic - Today Is OK (NE) Interesting title, will probably try it.

#4 Junior Boys - Big Black Coat (NE) Downloaded.

#5 HANA - HANA EP (NE) Downloaded, will try.

#6 Rhye - Woman (NE) I tried this album ages ago, forgot about this!

#8 David Bowie - Blackstar (-4) So sad, love it.

#9 Julia Holter - Have You in My Wilderness (NE) Wanna hear this one too.

#10 Miguel - WILDHEART (+1) Curious somehow.

#11 Grimes - Art Angels (-8) Need to relisten soon.

#14 Azealia Banks - SLAY-Z (NE) Need to listen.

#15 Esperanza Spalding - Emily's D+Evolution (NE) One of her songs charted for me recently, "Good Lava", the album sounded good on first spin.

#17 Seth Bogart - Seth Bogart (NE) Still need to re-listen to this.

#18 David Bowie - Lodger (-12) Amazing.

#20 Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes (RE) Love it.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby thankfulforkelly » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:30 am

1) Anti - got over this awhile ago but it's still a good album!
2) Full Circle - yasss this album slays, you were right about the xx vibes but that just makes me love it more :lol: I think the single Pray is probably my fave, what's yours?
8) Blackstar - whoops still haven't checked this out :oops:
9) Have You In My Wilderness - yasss slay!! I'm glad you checked out my recommendation :)
11) Arts Angels
12) This Is Acting - surprised to see this here :o I don't really like the album though :oops: Cheap Thrills is amazing though
16) All My Demons Greeting Me as a Friend - dk whether or not to check this out :-? I loathed her cover for last year's John Lewis add but I heard her single conquerer or conquest (I can't remember it's name, something beginning with c :lol:) and actually really liked it! do u think I should check it out?
Reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Manager

Postby ArmyOfMe » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:31 am

Tansike wrote:Also nice to see Alizée's "Moi... Lolita" as one of the songs of the month :D
Yeah, it's a masterpiece :D

CrazyCrazy wrote:#3 múm - Yesterday Was Dramatic - Today Is OK (NE) Interesting title, will probably try it.
I think you'd love it! I forgot to add this as one of my songs of the month:

The album has a similar tone, it's so trippy.

I think you'd also love HÆLOS' album.

thankfulforkelly wrote:2) Full Circle - yasss this album slays, you were right about the xx vibes but that just makes me love it more :lol: I think the single Pray is probably my fave, what's yours?
12) This Is Acting - surprised to see this here :o I don't really like the album though :oops: Cheap Thrills is amazing though
16) All My Demons Greeting Me as a Friend - dk whether or not to check this out :-? I loathed her cover for last year's John Lewis add but I heard her single conquerer or conquest (I can't remember it's name, something beginning with c :lol:) and actually really liked it! do u think I should check it out?
I'm happy you love Full Circle, darling! My fave is Oracle or Alone, I think, but yes, Pray is one of the highlights!
Sia's album is indeed here because I played Cheap Thrills like crazy, it's the only song I downloaded :lol: I pretty much loathe her new music.
As for Aurora, idk. I already stopped listening to it and it lacks distinctive tunes or production. It's not bad tho, some may really love it. Not me.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby ArmyOfMe » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:34 pm

April sees another storm of new albums taking over my chart. Rihanna finally loses the top spot, being dethroned by three new releases: Beyoncé's sixth full-length, which unexpectedly reaches #1 with only five days of plays, Katy B's third album Honey, and R&B sensation dvsn's debut album, SEPT 5th. Among re-entries and (re)discoveries of older albums there are entries from other new releases, namely PJ Harvey's The Hope Six Demolition Project and Charli XCX' latest EP, Vroom Vroom.

#1 Beyoncé - Lemonade (NE)

#2 Katy B - Honey (NE)

#3 dvsn - SEPT. 5th (NE)

#4 Rihanna - ANTI (-3)

#5 Whitney Houston - My Love Is Your Love (NE)

#6 Alaska Thunderfvck - ANUS (NE)

#7 PJ Harvey - The Hope Six Demolition Project (NE)

#8 Aaliyah - One in a Million (NE)

#9 HÆLOS - Full Circle (-7)

#10 Katy B - On a Mission

#11 Christine and the Queens - Christine and the Queens (NE)

#12 Charli XCX - Vroom Vroom EP (NE)

#13 Azealia Banks - SLAY-Z (-2)

#14 Katy B - Little Red (NE)

#15 Junior Boys - Big Black Coat (-12)

#16 Tori Amos - Scarlet's Walk (RE)

#17 Grimes - Art Angels (-6)

#18 Years & Years - Communion (RE)

#19 Aaliyah - Aaliyah (NE)

#20 HANA - HANA EP (-15)

--

Songs of the month

Katy B - Dark Delirium

Whitney Houston - Heartbreak Hotel (feat. Faith Evans & Kelly Price)

Tegan & Sara - Boyfriend

Charli XCX - Vroom Vroom

dvsn - Hallucinations
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby thankfulforkelly » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:27 pm

ugh I wanna hear lemonade so bad :cry: my friend bought it and I heard Daddy Lessons and I was SLAYED :cry: I'm not really a huge Bey fan by any stretch, but for some reason I'm so desperate :lol:

Love Katy! although I haven't listened to honey (yet)

replayed ANTI last night and it's good! great album really

lol I saw Alaska in the pure pop thread and have the single a listen but it was all too much :oops:

I recognise Christine and the Queens....are they/she French per chance?
Reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Manager

Postby Airwrecka » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:13 pm

Glad you're enjoying Lemonade, Zory.

Tell me, are there any less dancey / poppier tracks on Honey like Crying For No Reason or Still?

thankfulforkelly wrote:ugh I wanna hear lemonade so bad :cry: my friend bought it and I heard Daddy Lessons and I was SLAYED :cry: I'm not really a huge Bey fan by any stretch, but for some reason I'm so desperate :lol:
It's the best song lol. :wink:

Can you not get the tidal trial, jojo?
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby ArmyOfMe » Sun May 01, 2016 7:55 am

thankfulforkelly wrote:ugh I wanna hear lemonade so bad :cry: my friend bought it and I heard Daddy Lessons and I was SLAYED :cry: I'm not really a huge Bey fan by any stretch, but for some reason I'm so desperate :lol:

Love Katy! although I haven't listened to honey (yet)

replayed ANTI last night and it's good! great album really

lol I saw Alaska in the pure pop thread and have the single a listen but it was all too much :oops:

I recognise Christine and the Queens....are they/she French per chance?
Lemonade is GREAT, I'm glad you managed to listen to it! Self-titled is still better tho, IMO.

LOL Alaska has some addictive music in her album, I kinda dig it.

Yep, Christine is French and her album is quite ace! You should try that if you like electropop à la Robyn :wink:

Airwrecka wrote:Glad you're enjoying Lemonade, Zory.

Tell me, are there any less dancey / poppier tracks on Honey like Crying For No Reason or Still?
Of course, I'm almost a Beyoncé stan :oops: :lol:

Yes, Honey is actually less dancey than her previous records and more R&B influenced. You should try Honey (song), Honey (Outro), So Far Away, Chase Me :wink: none of them are ballads, though.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby bluecherry » Sun May 01, 2016 8:30 am

YES at your song of the month 8-)
bluecherry
Manager

Postby Tansike » Thu May 05, 2016 8:41 am

#12 Charli XCX - Vroom Vroom EP (NE)
#17 Grimes - Art Angels (-6)
#18 Years & Years - Communion (RE)

Unfortunately not a lot for me this month. Will check out Katy B, and Beyoncé's once her album is out on Apple Music (maybe i'll also buy it physically as the chances for an Apple Music release aren't too high...)
Tansike
Legend

Postby ArmyOfMe » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:04 pm

This month's chart sees many new entries, as some of my obvious favourite albums of the year (and one that I didn't expect to like so much) got released this month. Snatching the crown in this busy month is American chanteuse ANOHNI (Antony Hegarty from Antony and the Johnsons) with her electronic project HOPELESSNESS. The most surprising debut of the month is Ariana Grande's third full-length Dangerous Woman, which has been on heavy rotation for the last ten days. Ariana thus manages to beat debuts from some of my favourite artists, like Radiohead and James Blake. The chart is also overcrowded by old albums, as Radiohead, Beyoncé, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Shania Twain manage to place some of their classic albums in my top 20.

1. ANOHNI - HOPELESSNESS (NE)

2. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (NE)

3. Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool (NE)

4. Beyoncé - Lemonade (-3)

5. James Blake - The Colour in Anything (NE)

6. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz! (NE)

7. Grimes - Art Angels (+10)

8. Radiohead - Amnesiac (NE)

9. Beyoncé - BEYONCÉ (RE)

10. Serebro - Sila Tryokh (NE)

11. Shania Twain - Up! (NE)

12. Rihanna - ANTI (-8)

13. PORCHES. - Pool (NE)

14. Radiohead - Kid A (NE)

15. Shania Twain - Come on Over (NE)

16. Friendly Fires - Friendy Fires (NE)

17. Radiohead - The Bends (NE)

18. Radiohead - OK Computer (NE)

19. James Blake - Overgrown (NE)

20. RuPaul - Supermodel of the World (NE)

--

Songs of the month

Radiohead - True Love Waits

Ariana Grande - Into You

James Blake - I Need a Forest Fire (feat. Bon Iver)

Shania Twain - That Don't Impress Me Much

Shura - What's It Gonna Be?
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby KokoCollino » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:32 pm

Yaaaaaaaaas for Shania Twain and "Into You" by Ariana!
I love "That Don't Impress Me Much", it's one of my fave songs ever :cry:
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby ArmyOfMe » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:23 am

KokoCollino wrote:Yaaaaaaaaas for Shania Twain and "Into You" by Ariana!
I love "That Don't Impress Me Much", it's one of my fave songs ever :cry:
Shania was just pure SLAYAGE! The most overlooked gay icon of the 90's.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Tansike » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:59 am

Yay for Ariana and Shania on the songs of the month list, have to check out that Shura girl though, she seems interesting...

When it comes to the albums, i really love that high debut for Ariana. Probably the best mainstream album of 2016 so far!
Also liking Grimes' entry. Beyoncé, James Blake and Radiohead are all on my 'to-check' list... :oops:
Tansike
Legend

Postby ArmyOfMe » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:20 am

Tansike wrote:Yay for Ariana and Shania on the songs of the month list, have to check out that Shura girl though, she seems interesting...

When it comes to the albums, i really love that high debut for Ariana. Probably the best mainstream album of 2016 so far!
Also liking Grimes' entry. Beyoncé, James Blake and Radiohead are all on my 'to-check' list... :oops:
You should check out Shura, definitely! I think you'd like her!
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby ArmyOfMe » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:44 am

No comment from me this month - I've been quite busy and had little time to listen to music, hope I can get back on track in July! :D

#1 Tegan and Sara - Love You to Death (NE)

#2 Kaytranada - 99.9% (NE)

#3 ANOHNI - HOPELESSNESS (-2)

#4 Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool (-1)

#5 Say Lou Lou - Lucid Dreaming (NE)

#6 Beyoncé - Lemonade (-2)

#7 Adore Delano - Till Death Do Us Party (NE)

#8 Broods - Conscious (NE)

#9 Grimes - Art Angels (-2)

#10 Alaska Thunderfvck - ANUS (RE)

#11 Friendly Fires - Friendly Fires (NE)

#12 James Blake - The Colour in Anything (-7)

#13 Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz! (-7)

#14 Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (-12)

#15 Paris Hilton - Paris (NE)

#16 Grimes - Visions (RE)

#17 Lana Del Rey - Honeymoon (RE)

#18 Amy Winehouse - Frank (NE)

#19 Jamie xx - In Colour (RE)

#20 David Bowie - Low (RE)

--

--

Songs of the month

Tegan and Sara - Hang On to the Night

Kaytranada - Glowed Up

Adore Delano - I Look Fvckin Cool (feat. Alaska Thunderfvck)

Say Lou Lou - Beloved
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Return to Personal Charts