Magnus's Top 30 week 46: Top 7 Unchanged, Emmelie Returns

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Magnus » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:37 pm

So, I finally decided to start posting my weekly top 30 chart here! The chart has existed since June 2000, with charts from January 2000 computed retroactively, I just never got around to posting it here.

Current Charts (Songs and Albums)

All #1 Songs 2000–2017, with streaming links!

Archive thread with all song charts 2000–2016, including plays and score
Last edited by Magnus on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:46 pm, edited 160 times in total.
Magnus
Manager

Postby Magnus » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:47 pm

Rules for Songs Chart

Eligibility:
To be eligible for the chart, a song must at the start of the week not be older than 365 days measured from when it got its first registered play and it must be released (or otherwise strongly associated with) the current year or the year before, where the current year is the calendar year when the week started.

All songs are eligible regardless of if they are released as singles or tracks on albums or EPs, B-sides etc. There is no limit to how early a song may chart, i.e. it is not necessary that a song has been officially released. In fact, even a private recording not available anywhere could in theory chart (although so far this has not happened and I also reserve the right to arbitrarily exclude such songs).

The original motivation for these eligibility rules was to prevent "old" songs from making random comebacks. But a consequence is of course also that it limits the maximum number of weeks a song may spend on the chart. If a song gets its first play on a Sunday (the last day of the week) and enters the chart that same week, then its maximum number of weeks (if it doesn't miss any weeks) is 54. If it gets its first play on any other day the maximum is 53. And of course, if a song enters the chart later than the first week the number will be lower. In retrospect, to avoid the 54 vs 53 issue I should have defined the maximum age to be 364 instead of 365 days. But because there actually is a song that spent 54 weeks on the chart (Diana DeGarmo – Reachin' for Heaven, in 2005-2006) it's too late to change this now.

Because the age rule is only defined in terms of release year (i.e. with no regard to the exact date) and days since I started listening, it's fully possible that a song may in fact be almost two years old when it enters the chart. For example, a song released on January 1st 2016 will still be allowed to enter the chart week 52 2017 (which starts on 25th December) if I didn't listen to it for the first time until 26th December 2016 or later. In this case the song will only be able to chart a single week because week 1 2018 starts on 1st January 2018 and then the song no longer fulfills the rule that it must be released the current year or the year before.

In addition to making sure that the chart is always "fresh" (relatively speaking) I like the fact that when a song's eligibility has run out its chart performance will never again change and it becomes possible to talk about it in the past tense, instead of never knowing if a song might return.

Score:
The chart ranking is based on a score that is computed mathematically from the number of registered plays. Weeks are ISO calendar weeks, i.e. Monday through Sunday (which means the chart is usually, but not always, updated the following Monday). The score is computed as the number of plays the current week plus half of the score (not number of plays) from the previous week. All plays the current week are always included even when the song will be ineligible the following week.

The motivation for this system is to make the chart more "chart-like" than it would be if it were based on plays only that single week. I experimented with this in 2000 and didn't like the random action that often happened, especially during weeks with few plays overall. By including half of the score from the previous week there is never any problem with not having enough songs to fill the chart and when a low-volume week follows one or more higher volume weeks instead of a near-random chart the chart will tend to be mostly unchanged. It makes sense to me that if I listen a lot (often several hundred) times to a song one week it should still get some credit for that the following weeks even if it then gets only a few or no plays at all. I'm extremely happy with how this has worked out in practice and have never felt any need for "manual intervention". This rule definitely does not prevent songs from entering directly at #1 because hot new songs tend to be played so much that other songs' score from the week before usually aren't nearly high enough to compete, although of course it sometimes happens that the week's most played song isn't #1 that week.

A special feature of my chart is that for songs that got their first play the current year, the number of plays and the resulting score is usually hidden until the end of the year, i.e. even I don't get to see them. There are some exceptions to this, for example when I sync the numbers from my iPod (whcih tend to account for less than 10 percent of total listening) I usually can't avoid seeing the number of plays there (since the previous sync), and especially early in the year it's often possible to accurately estimate the number of plays from the score of older songs still charting (for example, if there are old songs at #2 and #4 with a score of 100 and 90 respectively and the #3 is a new song that was first played that week, then I will be able to tell that it was played at least 90 and at most 100 times, but notice that this will can never never put an upwards limit for #1!) But I don't use Last.FM or anything else that would allow me or anyone else to see the numbers in real-time. This means that my weekly chart as well as my year end charts are often exciting and contain surprises even to myself! Another advantage is that I avoid exposure to too much unnecessary detail during the year, while still being able to see everything when the year is over. (This rule will be suspended if it becomes likely that I won't survive until the end of the year or in similar extreme circumstances.)

When there are several versions of what is essentially the same song, the general rule is that I will combine them to a single entry and usually use either the first available or the most common title. This includes remixes as well as when the lyrics exist in several languages. If a new version is released years later than the original, the song will not be allowed to chart again, i.e. eligibility is always counted from the first version. Of course, this does not include cover versions made by a dfferent artist, those are treated as completely separate songs.

Mobile plays were first included in May 2005 when I got my first iPod. Before that mobile plays were simply excluded (i.e. I never tried to count them manually), but I didn't listen as much on-the-go those years as I've done later.

Unlike for my year end charts, there is (for historical reasons) no defined tie-breaking rule for the weekly chart. I.e. if two or more songs happen to have the exact same score the order between them is "random". In practice, it appears that the song that was entered into my database first will be placed higher, but since this is not defined it's not guaranteed to always work that way. However, because I tend to listen a lot and because of how the score system works it's not terribly common that two songs have the exact same score. It mostly only happens for new entries that enter low and had no plays the previous week. (For the albums chart (especially with the new rules), it becomes even more unlikely that two albums have the exact same score.)

Male artists are allowed on the chart! From a quick glance at my chart, one might sometimes be led to believe that it is a "female only" chart, but that is (of course) not the case. It just so happens that I generally prefer to listen to female artists and this has also had a self-reinforcing effect over the years because I search more for new music by female artists.

Rules for Albums Chart from week 5 2016 onwards

Eligibility:
The eligibility rules for my albums chart are intentionally totally different from those for the songs chart! There is no limit to how old an album is allowed to be, how many weeks it may chart or how many times it may re-enter. On the other hand, an album must have been officially released (anywhere in the world) before it is allowed to chart. It does not matter if the release is physical or only in electronic ("digital") format.

To be eligible for the chart, at least three songs on the album must have been played at least two times each (in total, not the current week). EPs are eligible if they fulfill this rule, as long as an album with the same song(s) has not yet been released. The number of tracks is irrelevant; if for example there is an EP with five tracks but where four of them are remixes of the same song that EP will never be allowed to chart because it's not possible for three different songs to be played, i.e. plays for different versions of the same song are combined in the same way as for the songs chart. A Best Of or Greatest Hits album or some other type of compilation is in general not allowed to chart and the reason for that is that the songs on such an album instead contributes to the original album where they were first included. An exception to this is if there are three or more songs on a Best Of album that were not included another album, then the Best Of album will be allowed to chart based on plays for those new songs only. A soundtrack will be eligible only if an artist appears on at least 80 percent of the included songs. If that is the case it will be treated as an artist album by that artist (unless the songs have already been released on another album). In practice, for an album/EP/soundtrack to be able to chart I have to manually make a note of the release date which I will usually do only if I have actually listened to it. This means that sometimes an album/EP that would otherwise be eligible won't appear on the chart simply because I don't know or don't care that it exists.

Score:
The score is computed similarly to for the songs chart but with a twist to favour albums where I have listened a lot to many songs. The number of plays for the songs included on (any version of) the album are summed and then multiplied by something I call the breadth factor. How this breadth factor is computed will be described below. In general this breadth factor will change from week to week, but it depends only on the total plays up until and including that week, regardless of when they happened. After the summed plays have been multiplied by the breadth factor the total score is that number plus half of the score from the week before, i.e. if the breadth factor is 1.0 then this is exactly the same as for the songs chart. The score is computed independently of the eligibility rules which means that when an album has just been released but some songs on it were already played previous weeks then those weeks when the album was not yet released will still contribute to the total score in exactly the same way as if it had already been released. This means that in theory an album that has just been released could enter the chart at #1 without a single play that week! (If one or more songs on it were already available and played a lot before, especially if it was the weeks immediately before.)

Note that while these new rules were not applied retroactively to the older charts, the charts for week 5 2016 onwards are computed as if the new rules applied earlier, i.e. for example the half of the score from week 4 that is used for the chart week 5 is not the half of the score on the actual week 4 chart but half of the score as it would be if week 4 had already used the new rules!

The Breadth Factor:
It's not really necessary to understand exactly how this is computed so unless you like a little math I recommend completely skipping this part! It's enough to know that the more evenly distributed the plays are among the songs on the album the closer the breadth factor will be to 1.0. If just one song on the album has been played it will be 0.1 which is the lowest possible breadth factor for an album that has non-zero total plays (but because at least three songs on the album must have been played at least two times, an album that is charting can never have exactly 0.1 but only approach that value). Note that unlike the total plays and the score the breadth factor for an album is visible to me immediately when the chart has been computed (rather than up to 12 months later). I decided to make this so because for example this can be a useful hint that I should try and check out an album again if the breadth factor is unusually low.

This description first assumes an album with ten songs. I will describe later what happens for albums (including EPs) with fewer or more songs. First, an average of the number of plays for the ten songs is computed, but it's not the usual average (called the arithmetic mean) but a special square root average. The square roots of the number of plays for each song are added. This sum is divided by 10 and then squared (multiplied by itself), so that the dimension is again "plays" and not "square root of plays". This means that songs that have more plays than the average will affect the average less than if the ordinary arithmetic mean was used (it's sort of the opposite of the popular RMS average where high values will affect the average more). Then for each of the ten songs, we first compute the ratio between the number of plays and the average. If that ratio is 1 or less, i.e. the song had fewer than or up to the average number of plays, the number of plays is added as-is. If it is higher, then we instead add the square root of the ratio multiplied by the average. The resulting sum is then divided by the total number of plays and the result is the breadth factor. So the square root is used twice, first when computing the average and then when adding the plays for songs that have more plays than the average. To make this completely clear, let's look at a couple of examples. Say that all ten songs have been played the same number of times, say 9 times. To computed the average we then add up the square roots of this number, i.e. 10 * 3 = 30, divide this by 10 and get 3, then multiply this by itself and get 9. So, not surprisingly, the square root average when all songs have the same number of plays is the same as the ordinary average. Of course, this means that in the next step every ratio will be 1.0 and the sum is also just the ordinary sum of all the plays, which leads to a breadth factor of 1.0. We may call this "perfect breadth". Now let's change it so instead nine of the songs have only 4 plays but the tenth has 54. The total number of plays is still the same, 90. The square root average now becomes 9 * 2 + 7.3485 (where the last number is the rounded square root of 54) = 25.3485, divided by 10 and then squred gives 6.4255. Now the ratio will be less than 1 (0.6225) for the first nine songs so we just add their play counts (4). For the tenth song the ratio becomes 54 / 6.4255 = 8.4040. We take the square root of this = 2.8990 and multiply this by the average = 18.63. This is the number we now use instead of the actual number of plays (54) and the sum becomes 9 * 4 + 18.63 = 54.63. This divided by the total plays (90) is the breadth factor which works out to 0.607. (These computations for the actual albums are of course done automatically by a computer program so this will still work in the future even if I forget what a square root is!)

Note that with this algorithm (unlike the much simpler one I used for my albums YEC 2015) no play is ever completely "wasted"; the breadth factor will go down if a single song gets more plays relative to the other songs but it won't go down so much that the total score will completely stop increasing. It's definitely possible that an album can still be successful on the chart with a single song that's gotten a lot of plays and only a nominal amount (enough to be eligible) of plays for the rest, but it won't be so easy as it was before.

Now let's see how albums with fewer or more than ten songs are treated. For fewer songs we simply treat it (in the computation of the breadth factor) as if it had ten songs where the additional songs have zero plays. The implication of this is that if an album, or EP, actually has fewer than ten songs then its breadth factor can't reach 1.0 even if the plays are perfectly evenly distributed. For example, for an EP with only five songs, if all of them have the same number of plays the breadth factor will be 0.5 and for a three-song EP just 0.3. This is intentional because I want the chart to primarily be an albums chart that won't run the risk of being completely dominated by EPs. It's still definitely possible for EPs to have success with these rules simply because it's common that some songs get so many plays that the total score will be high even with a low breadth factor.

To compute the breadth factor for an album with more than ten songs, we first sort the songs in order of decreasing number of plays, then sum the plays for the 11th and later songs and distribute them evenly among the first ten. This means that for example if we have an album with 15 songs where 10 songs have 10 plays each and the other five have 4 this will be equivalent to an 10-song album where each song has 12 plays. This means that for the breadth factor to be exactly 1.0 it's only necessary that the ten most played songs have the same number of plays and for the rest of the songs the distribution won't matter. Why did I decide to do it like that instead of just using the above computation over all of the album songs? There are actually two distinct reasons for this. The first is that I don't want to punish an album for having additional songs, even if those songs are crap and only get a single play. Because I typically never actually listen to physical CDs I can always just exclude/delete songs that I don't want to listen to. So it would feel wrong that an album would get a lower score just because it includes additional unlistenable songs. (Note that this won't happen for short albums either, for example 9 great songs and 1 crap won't be worse (actually a tiny bit better, but I can live with that) than an album with 9 great songs and no more.) The second reason is that the number of songs on an album sometimes increases over time, as new bonus tracks and re-release tracks become available. This would be a mess to handle if the breadth factor was computed over all tracks because I would either have to keep track of exactly when the number of tracks change or have the breadth factors change retroactively. With the procedure above this issue is completely avoided and additional tracks that appear at a later time can only give a contribution (and never a negative one) from the point in time where I start listening to them.

Note that the breadth factor is always computed for the total plays up to and including the current week, never just for the current week separately (except of course if this is the very first week the album gets any plays). What this means in practice is that if an album has had good breadth historically it can get success on the chart a specific week even if I only listened to a single song that week. While this will cause the breadth factor to go down (usually just slightly, unless I listen a huge amount compared to the total plays before) it won't explicitly punish an album because it had poor breadth that specific week. I think this makes sense because if an album has had good breadth historically it means I still like the entire album even if some week I only listen to one of the songs on it. Also, one thing I try to avoid is having my charts influence what I listen to (instead of the other way around) and there would be a big risk of that happening if I knew that listening to a certain song on an album could give a much bigger boost to the album that week than if listened to some other song. (This effect still exists but is tiny compared to what it could be with a different system.)

As you can see, I have spent a fair amount of time thinking about how to design this so it won't cause any unforseen problems and so I hopefully won't ever feel the need to change the rules again!

Rules for Albums Chart week 1 2000 – week 4 2016

The rules up until week 4 2016 differed from the current rules in the following way: There was no breadth factor, i.e. it worked as if the breadth factor was always 1.0 and it didn't matter how the plays were distributed among the songs on the album. In addition, two thirds of the score was kept from the week before instead of only half. Furthermore, only two songs instead of three had to have at least two plays for the album to be eligible but EPs were eligible only if they had six or more songs. Also, Best Of albums could never be eligible even if they included three or more new songs.

DISCLAIMER: The fact that a song (or sometimes album) is on the chart does not have to mean that it is good in any way. Even I may not like it (anymore). It only means that at the time I listened to it a lot relative to other chart-eligible songs. My taste in music can probably be described as "weird" and I often joke that it hasn't changed since I was 8 years old (which is somewhat true). Also, a song not charting doesn't have to mean I don't like it. There have been songs in the top 100 on my year end chart that never charted on the weekly chart. My listening habits often vary a lot from week to week. The record low score for #1 is just 7.1 (week 1 2001) while the record high for #30 (excluding 2016) is 32.0 (week 12 2015). And of course, the reason a song isn't on the chart could also be that I simply haven't discovered it (or, even though extremely rare nowadays, that I have heard and liked it but don't have it available to listen to).
Last edited by Magnus on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 106 times in total.
Magnus
Manager

Postby Magnus » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:51 pm

All #1 Songs on my chart January 2000 – November 2017

This is a list in chronological order of the songs that have been #1 on my chart. Weeks are total weeks at #1, not necessarily consecutive. Year End chart number ones (i.e. the most played new song during that year) are marked in bold. (The current #1, if it's not the last song in the list, is denoted by an *.)

Streaming links: S = Spotify, V = YouTube Video, A = Audio, L = Live performance

Princessa – I Won't Forget You (1999) V #1 on my Year End chart for 1999 (the last one not based on plays)
Britney Spears – Born to Make You Happy (1999) (2 weeks) S V
Jessica Simpson – I Wanna Love You Forever (5 weeks) S V
Madonna – Time Stood Still (2 weeks) S A
Charlotte Church – Just Wave Hello (2 weeks) S V Charlotte is still the youngest artist at #1 ever, at 14 years and 30 days
Tara MacLean – If I Fall (3 weeks [1 + 2]) S V
Britney Spears – Oops, I Did It Again S V
Domenicer – Dolce Marmellata (5 weeks) S V
Matchbox Twenty – Bent (2 weeks [1 + 1]) S V
Da Buzz – Do You Want Me (4 weeks) S V
Melanie C – I Turn to You (7 weeks) S V
Camilla Brinck – Bye Bye Forever (Chiki Chiki) (3 weeks) A
Nina Gordon – Tonight and the Rest of My Life (5 weeks [4 + 1]) S V
Sherena Dugani – Accidental Angel (3 weeks) V
LeAnn Rimes – Can't Fight the Moonlight (5 weeks [3 + 2]) S V
Nina Gordon – 2003 S A
Fragma featuring Maria Rubia – Everytime You Need Me (2 weeks) V

Mirwais – Naïve Song (2 weeks) S V
Samantha Mumba – Always Come Back to Your Love (2 weeks) S V
Leigh Nash – Need to Be Next to You V
Isabelle Boulay – Parle-moi (3 weeks) V First #1 not sung in English, first to reach 100 plays in a single week
Da Buzz – Believe in Love (4 weeks) S A
Shea Seger – Clutch (2 weeks) V
Mikaila – So in Love with Two V
Leslie Carter – Like Wow (2 weeks) S V
Daddy DJ – Daddy DJ (4 weeks) S V
Lifehouse – Sick Cycle Carousel S V
Willa Ford – I Wanna Be Bad (14 weeks [12 + 2]) S V First song to reach 200 plays in a single week
Michelle Branch – Everywhere S V
Aurora – Dreaming (4 weeks [2 + 2]) S V
Backstreet Boys – Drowning (2 weeks) S V
Angela Ammons – Always Getting Over You (10 weeks [3 + 7]) S V First 4+ week #1 to spend more weeks at #1 after re-taking the top spot
Jo Breezer – Venus and Mars (2 weeks [1 + 1]) V
Riva featuring Dannii Minogue – Who Do You Love Now? (Stringer) S V
Jennie Löfgren – Believer S V
R.E.M. – All the Right Friends S V
Caramell – Vad heter du S V Weakest #1 ever based on total plays until 2014 (one of six #1:s not in my all-time top 1000)

Avril Lavigne – Complicated (6 weeks) S V First song (discovered on 17th February) by the singer that went on to become the most successful artist measured by number of songs on the chart
The Alice Band – Now That You Love Me (3 weeks) V
Sahlene – Runaway (2 weeks) S L
Jo Breezer – My Name Is Jo (2001) (7 weeks [4 + 2 + 1])
Avril Lavigne – I'm with You (2 weeks) S V
Ann Winsborn – Everything I Do V
30 Seconds To Mars – Capricorn (3 weeks [2 + 1]) S V
Avril Lavigne – Nobody's Fool S L
Appleton – Fantasy S L
LeAnn Rimes – Life Goes On (3 weeks) S V
Wonderwall – Just More (2 weeks) S V
Wonderwall – Jonny (2 weeks) S
Shania Twain – I'm Gonna Getcha Good! (7 weeks) S V Got lucky to reach #1 on my Year End chart because Complicated would probably have had more plays if I hadn't experienced a hard drive crash that erased the last ten days of March
Avril Lavigne – Get Over It A
Alice Martineau – If I Fall (5 weeks [4 + 1]) S A

Shania Twain – When You Kiss Me (2002) S V
The Bangles – Something That You Said (2 weeks) S V
Laura Pausini – Surrender (3 weeks [1 + 1 + 1]) V
Holly Valance – Naughty Girl S V
Amy Studt – Just a Little Girl (2002) S V
Sixpence None The Richer – Don't Dream It's Over S V
Kym Marsh – Cry (5 weeks) S L
Delays – Nearer Than Heaven (3 weeks [1 + 2]) S V
Lucy Woodward – Dumb Girls S A Holds the climbing record (for first becoming #1): entered at #28 and became #1 the week after
Beth – Dime (13 weeks [11 + 2]) S V
Lene Marlin – You Weren't There (3 weeks) S V
Thea Gilmore – Juliet (Keep That in Mind) S V
Thea Gilmore – God Knows S A
Dido – White Flag S V
Lene Marlin – Disguise S L
Hayley Westenra – Across the Universe of Time (9 weeks [4 + 2 + 2 + 1]) S L First song to reach 500 plays in a single week, tied first to spend 53 weeks on the chart
Hayley Westenra – Who Painted the Moon Black (2 weeks) S V
Hayley Westenra – Heaven (41 weeks [18 + 22 + 1]) S V First song to spend all 53 weeks in the top 5

Kelly Clarkson – Breakaway (4 weeks [2 + 2]) S V The first new #1 in 2004 didn't happen until September because of the "Hayley era"
Bellefire – Not Letting Go A
Rachel Farris – In a Field (2003) (4 weeks [2 + 2]) S A
Thirteen Senses – Into the Fire S V
Casey Stratton – For Reasons Unexplained (2 weeks) S V Most recent all-male #1. There hasn't been one since in 10+ years!
Pop! – Someone Like You (2 weeks) A
Diana DeGarmo – All I Never Wanted (3 weeks [2 + 1]) A

Katy Rose – Teachin' Myself to Dream (2004) A #1 on my Year End chart for 2004 but didn't become #1 on the weekly chart until February 2005!
Cecilia Vennersten – Var mig nära (5 weeks) L
Brie Larson – She Said (2 weeks) V
Diana DeGarmo – Reachin' for Heaven (4 weeks [1 + 2 + 1]) A The only song (not just #1) lucky enough to spend 54 weeks on the chart (see chart rules above)
Hayden Panettiere – I Fly (7 weeks [6 + 1]) A
Marion Raven – Break You (2 weeks) S V
Lene Marlin – Wish I Could (3 weeks) S A
Hope 7 – I Want Everything (2 weeks) S A
Brie Larson – Life After You (8 weeks [1 + 6 + 1]) A
Leana – Dance with a Stranger (2 weeks) S V
Brie Larson – Shoebox A
Brie Larson – Hope Has Wings (2 weeks) V
The Veronicas – I Could Get Used to This (4 weeks [3 + 1]) S A
Brie Larson – Loser in Me A
Sara Paxton – Here We Go Again (5 weeks) V
Alana Grace – Black Roses Red (2 weeks) S V

Brie Larson – Whatever (2005) A
Vanessa Hudgens – When There Was Me & You (13 weeks [10 + 1 + 1 + 1]) S V
Anna S – Love You Forever (4 weeks) S
Jewel – Goodbye Alice in Wonderland (2 weeks) S L
Sidsel Ben Semmane – Son of Semmane
LeAnn Rimes – Headphones (3 weeks) S A
Jessica Simpson – A Public Affair S V
JoJo – Too Little Too Late (7 weeks) S V JoJo became the first artist born in the 90's to top the chart
Cadence Grace – In Love with the Future (2 weeks)
Laura Michelle Kelly – Communication (4 weeks) S V
Lidia Kopania – Sleep (5 weeks) V
Ayla Brown – If I Was a River S
Avril Lavigne – Keep Holding On (4 weeks) S V
Nelly Furtado – All Good Things (Come to an End) (3 weeks) S V

Katharine McPhee – Over It (5 weeks [3 + 2]) V
Marie Lindberg – Trying to Recall S L
Sonja Aldén – För att du finns (3 weeks [1 + 2]) S L
Karin Ström – Betydelsen av rum S L
Hayden Panettiere – I Still Believe (7 weeks) V
Kelly Sweet – Ready for Love (2 weeks) S A
Amy Pearson – Don't Miss You (6 weeks) V
Aly & AJ – Flattery (2 weeks) S A
Hayden Panettiere – Go To Girl (2 weeks) A
Vanessa Hudgens with Zac Efron – Gotta Go My Own Way (5 weeks) S V
Sugababes – About You Now (5 weeks) S V
Anika Moa – My Old Man V
Delta Goodrem – I Can't Break It to My Heart (2 weeks) L
Emmy Rossum – High A
Samantha Jade – Turn Around (4 weeks) V
Lauren Rose – I Go to the Beach (16 weeks [6 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 1]) Became the most played song during the year despite not being discovered until mid-December. Then went on to spend a total of 16 weeks at #1 despite only 6 consecutive.

Katy Rose – All Silver Rusts (2 weeks) S A
Anna Nalick – Shine (3 weeks [1 + 2]) S A
Natalie Grant – Wonderful Life S A
Sibel – That Is Where I'll Go (3 weeks) S L
Amy Pearson – Stranded (4 weeks) A
Rebeka Dremelj – Vrag naj vzame (4 weeks) V
Savannah Outen – Goodbyes (4 weeks) V
Lesley Roy – I'm Gone, I'm Going (3 weeks) V
Hayley Westenra – I Believe (4 weeks) A
Kleerup with Marit Bergman – 3 AM S V
Sonja Aldén – Nån som du (5 weeks) S A
Dido – The Day Before the Day S V
Taylor Swift – Fearless (2 weeks) V
Zoë Myers – Mirror (6 weeks) S A

Kelly Clarkson – My Life Would Suck Without You (2 weeks) S V
Charite – Sweeter Than a Kiss (3 weeks) L
Amy Diamond – It's My Life (30 weeks [29 + 1]) S L Marked the start of an era with the same singer at #1 for 112 consecutive weeks
Amy Diamond – Up (3 weeks) S L
Amy Diamond – Heartbeats (47 weeks [46 + 1]) S L Came close to spending 53 weeks at #1, #3 at worst, score never below 130

Amy Diamond – Flyg med mig (36 weeks [3 + 17 + 7 + 9]) First and so far only song to reach 900 plays in a single week (it helped that it is just 2 minutes long)
Amy Diamond – Only You (7 weeks [3 + 2 + 2]) S A Holds the score record at 996.6, also most successful cover measured by total plays
Amy Diamond – Ready to Fly (8 weeks [7 + 1]) S A

Kati Wolf – What About My Dreams (2 weeks) S V
Alyssa Reid – Alone Again (2 weeks) S V
Michelle Branch – Loud Music (3 weeks) S V
Kelly Clarkson – I Forgive You S A
Kelly Clarkson – Hello S A
Amy Diamond – När juldagsmorgon glimmar (4 weeks [2 + 2]) S A By far the oldest #1 song ever, lyrics written in 1851!
Destinee & Paris – True Love (6 weeks [4 + 1 + 1]) S V

Roxanne Emery – Real (2011) (4 weeks) L
Mimi Oh – Det går för långsamt (3 weeks) S L
Timoteij – Stormande hav (12 weeks [10 + 2]) S L
Eva Boto – Verjamem (3 weeks) S L
Elín Lovísa – Hring eftir hring (3 weeks) A
Jana Kramer – I Won't Give Up (2 weeks) S A
Shealeigh – Strangely Beautiful (5 weeks) V
Julia Sheer – Safe and Sound S V Taylor Swift's original version was a huge flop, but I love this one
Alexandra Stan – Lemonade (4 weeks) V
Victoria Duffield – Save Me (5 weeks) S A
Tamar Kaprelian – California S V
Taylor Swift – Come Back, Be Here (4 weeks) A
Lana Del Rey – Born to Die (6 weeks) S V

Lana Del Rey – Summertime Sadness (2012) (4 weeks) S V
Terese Fredenwall – Breaking the Silence (8 weeks [4 + 4]) S L
Terese Fredenwall – Drop the Fight S A
Aliona Moon – O mie S V
Emmelie de Forest – Only Teardrops S V
Emmelie de Forest – Haunted Heart (26 weeks [16 + 7 + 3]) S A My clear favorite song this decade. Reached its highest score almost a year after it first became #1.
Avril Lavigne – Rock 'n' Roll S V
Adelén – Bombo (2 weeks) S V
Alana Lee – Dream Out Loud (2 weeks) V
Zendaya – Bottle You Up S A
Cassadee Pope – Easier to Lie S L
Valentina – July S V
Taylor Swift – Sweeter Than Fiction A
Avril Lavigne – Hush Hush S V Avril's 7th #1, she now ties the record for most #1s with Amy Diamond
Lacey Caroline – Joke's on Me (2 weeks) S L
Foxes – Youth (2 weeks) S V
Dove Cameron – On Top of the World S A Imagine Dragons cover
Louise Burns – San Andreas S A
Candice Russell – Someday (2 weeks) S L 13th consecutive #1 to top the chart just one or two weeks

Annalise Morelli – You Never Forget the Crazy (2013) (6 weeks) S Fantastic country pop song from completely unknown teenage singer/songwriter
Adelén – Always on My Mind (3 weeks) S V
Elin Lanto – Skylight S V
Alana Lee – Shadow Dancer (7 weeks) S A
Adelén – Olé S V
Kitten – Like a Stranger (5 weeks) S V
Emmelie de Forest – Drunk Tonight (2 weeks) S V
Within Temptation featuring Dave Pirner – Whole World Is Watching (2 weeks) S V Dave Pirner is now the oldest artist to top the chart, at 50 years
Leighton Meester – Heartstrings S V
Invader Girl – Starting Fires (3 weeks) S V
Taylor Swift – Out of the Woods L
Sabrina Carpenter – White Flag S L
Marit Larsen – Faith & Science (3 weeks) S A
Stalking Gia – War Paint (4 weeks) S V
Emma Stevens – Singer of My Song S L
Jackie Evancho – Made to Dream (3 weeks) L Jackie became the first artist born in the 00's to top the chart

Kelly Clarkson – Heartbeat Song (3 weeks) S V
Cecilie Alexandra – Hotel A S L
María Ólafsdóttir – Lítil skref (6 weeks) S V
Rachel Platten – Fight Song (2 weeks) S V
Dove Cameron – As Long As I Have You (8 weeks) S A
Little Mix – Black Magic S V
Hilary Duff – Breathe In, Breathe Out (4 weeks) S
Maddi Jane – Wake Up (3 weeks) S V
Ashley Monroe – From Time to Time (2 weeks) S
Dove Cameron – If Only (8 weeks [4 + 2 + 2]) S V
Coska – Sunstruck (4 weeks) S A
Selena Gomez – Cologne S
Chvrches – Down Side of Me (3 weeks) S
Jana Kramer – Circles (4 weeks) S A
Lauren Alaina – Next Boyfriend (2 weeks) S V
Cappa – Goddess (3 weeks) S A

Simone – Heart Shaped Hole (5 weeks) S A
Wolkenfrei – Wolke 7 (2015) S V First #1 with lyrics in German.
Wolkenfrei – Der Zaubertrank ist leer (2015) (4 weeks) S V
Aubrie Sellers – Dreaming in the Day (5 weeks [3 + 2])
Zoë – Loin d'ici (3 weeks) S V First #1 with lyrics in French since 2001.
Martina Stoessel – Got Me Started (3 weeks) S A First artist from Argentina to top my chart.
Meghan Patrick – Breaking Records (5 weeks) S
Shura – What's It Gonna Be? S V
Olivia Holt – History S A
Demi Lovato – Body Say S A
Britney Spears – Man on the Moon (3 weeks) S
Cappa – Nirvana (4 weeks) S A
Grete Paia – Rääkimata lood / Stories Untold (5 weeks [4 + 1]) S A / S A
Chelsea Lankes – Paralyzed (6 weeks [2 + 3 + 1]) S A Most recent song to spend 53 weeks on the chart.
That Poppy – Altar S A
Franziska – Halbes Gefühl (2015) (2 weeks) S

Candi Carpenter – Burn the Bed (2016) (2 weeks) S A
Lauren Alaina – Same Day Different Bottle (4 weeks) S
Erna Mist Pétursdóttir – I'll Be Gone S A
Maia – Du' kærlighed for mig (12 weeks [5 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 1]) S A First #1 with lyrics in Danish.
RaeLynn – The Apple S A
Alee – Bad Habit (3 weeks) S A
Alma – Après l'aurore (5 weeks) S A
Julia Michaels – Issues (2 weeks) S V
Dove Cameron & Sofia Carson – Space Between S V
Kate Todd – You're Gonna Find Out (5 weeks) S V
Maia – Tusind ord (2 weeks) S A
Alyssa Micaela – Clean Break (4 weeks) S A
Meghan Patrick – Country Music Made Me Do It (2 weeks) S V
Last edited by Magnus on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 36 times in total.
Magnus
Manager

Postby Storyteller » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:43 pm

Welcome Magnus!!

Magnus wrote:Chart for week 16 2015 (13 - 19 apr) Volume: 1340

5 (11) Ashley Monroe - On To Something Good (2 weeks)
17 (14) Kelly Clarkson - In The Blue (7 weeks, peak #7)
21 (19) Carrie Underwood - Little Toy Guns (6 weeks, peak #17)
24 (22) Kelly Clarkson - Let Your Tears Fall (7 weeks, peak #15)
30 (24) Kelly Clarkson - War Paint (6 weeks, peak #19)
Love these :D
Great to see Asley so high, OTSG is such a great song, so catchy and sooooo feel good.
You're a Carrie fan too? That's great, Little Toy Guns is brilliant, really nice song.
Love the Kelly entries, are you liking the new album? I think it's great and the three songs on your chart are some of the highlights.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Magnus » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:56 pm

(This was originally in the post above now used for the list of all number ones.)

Chart for week 16 2015 (13 - 19 apr) Volume: 1340

1 (1) Dove Cameron - As Long As I Have You (2 weeks)
2 (3) Stine Bramsen - Not What I Came For (2 weeks)
3 (2) Rachel Platten - Fight Song (5 weeks, peak #1 x2)
4 (NE) Dove Cameron - Say Hey
6 (7) Phoebe Ryan - Dead (3 weeks)
7 (4) María Ólafsdottír - Lítil skref (10 weeks, peak #1 x6)
8 (5) Stine Bramsen - Karma Town (8 weeks, peak #2)
9 (NE) Cozi Zuehlsdorff - Overruled
10 (6) All Time Low - Kids In The Dark (6 weeks, peak #4)
11 (15) Krista Siegfrids - On & Off (9 weeks, peak #5)
12 (8) Invader Girl - Stuck On Me (8 weeks, peak #2)
13 (18) Billie - Give Me The Knife (8 weeks)
14 (9) Evan - Vacker som du (5 weeks, peak #6)
15 (13) Phoebe Ryan - Mine (7 weeks, peak #4)
16 (12) Isa - Don't Stop (7 weeks, peak #5)
18 (16) Megan & Liz - All The Way (8 weeks, peak #13)
19 (10) Served - Få meg til å le (5 weeks, peak #7)
20 (21) Erika Selin - Break Me Up (9 weeks, peak #4)
22 (NE) Ofelia - I Will Meet You There
23 (27) Marion Ravn - Like A Moth (5 weeks)
25 (17) Alex Winston - We Got Nothing (5 weeks, peak #14)
26 (RE) Lila - The Day You'll Find Me (8 weeks, peak #10)
27 (20) Tori Kelly - Nobody Love (7 weeks, peak #7)
28 (23) Elín Sif Halldórsdóttir - Í kvöld (9 weeks, peak #12)
29 (NE) Vanbot - Trooper

IrishLamb wrote:Welcome Magnus!!

Great to see Ashley so high, OTSG is such a great song, so catchy and sooooo feel good.
You're a Carrie fan too? That's great, Little Toy Guns is brilliant, really nice song.
Love the Kelly entries, are you liking the new album? I think it's great and the three songs on your chart are some of the highlights.
Thank you! Yeah, OTSG is definitely great and probably hasn't reached its peak yet.

About Carrie, no can't really say I'm a proper fan since most of her songs have failed to enter my chart (her biggest hit is So Small from 2007, reached #11). Little Toys Guns is probably my subjective favorite among all of the songs by her that I've heard.

I like the new Kelly Clarkson album and about half of the songs from it charted. However, I like some of her previous albums more and even Heartbeat Song, despite spending three weeks at #1 in the beginning of the year, is pretty far behind her very best.
Last edited by Magnus on Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magnus
Manager

Postby Storyteller » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:57 pm

Magnus wrote:
IrishLamb wrote:Welcome Magnus!!

Great to see Ashley so high, OTSG is such a great song, so catchy and sooooo feel good.
Thank you! Yeah, OTSG is definitely great and probably hasn't reached its peak yet.

About Carrie, no can't really say I'm a proper fan since most of her songs have failed to enter my chart (her biggest hit is So Small from 2007, reached #11). Little Toys Guns is probably my subjective favorite among all of the songs by her that I've heard.

I like the new Kelly Clarkson album and about half of the songs from it charted. However, I like some of her previous albums more and even Heartbeat Song, despite spending three weeks at #1 in the beginning of the year, is pretty far behind her very best.
Good, I hope it peaks at #1 :)

Carrie is one of my favourite singers, It’s nice you like some of her songs. Glad you like Little Toy Guns.

Yeah I prefer most of Kelly’s older album to Piece By Piece tbh, the only album’s I consider it better than are My December & her debut.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Magnus » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:44 pm

IrishLamb wrote:Good, I hope it peaks at #1 :)
Unfortunately, as much as I like the song this most likely won't happen, at least not in the near future. Its timing kinda sucks because I'm completely nuts about my current #1 (possibly my favorite song in almost two years) and Stine Bramsen's ballad at #2 is also very strong. Anything is possible later on though. It could reach number 3 or 4 now, fall off the chart and then make a comeback in January and reach #1 in the first week of March 2016. Stranger things have happened.

IrishLamb wrote:Yeah I prefer most of Kelly’s older album to Piece By Piece tbh, the only album’s I consider it better than are My December & her debut.
This is pretty much exactly how I feel too! Assuming we completely exclude the Christmas album.
Magnus
Manager

Postby Tansike » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:06 am

Welcome to the PC section :)

I like these four songs this week, glad to see them doing well :)

Need to check out that Invader Girl song, i really liked "Starting Fires" :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Magnus » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:37 pm

Tansike wrote:Welcome to the PC section :)

I like these four songs this week, glad to see them doing well :)

Need to check out that Invader Girl song, i really liked "Starting Fires" :)
Thank you for commenting! Yeah, if you liked the brilliant Starting Fires you will probably like Stuck On Me too! It's available in Spotify and on YouTube (with a video, but the song itself is much better than the video).
Magnus
Manager

Postby luckyONE » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:18 pm

I definitely enjoy all of those tracks by Kelly Clarkson. 8-)
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby Magnus » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:42 pm

luckyONE wrote:I definitely enjoy all of those tracks by Kelly Clarkson. 8-)
Thank you for commenting! You probably would have really liked the chart for week 43 2011; Kelly then had 17 of the 30 spots, including the entire top 8! Compared to that the new album is a bit of a flop, but I still like it.
Magnus
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:10 pm

I just listened to your #1 and it's nice. I guess it's what most people would call cheesy, but I can definitely appreciate it.

It's good to see the Kelly songs, but my favourite song on your chart has to be "Little Toy Guns".

1 (1) Dove Cameron - As Long As I Have You (2 weeks)
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Magnus » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:31 pm

JSparksFan wrote:I just listened to your #1 and it's nice. I guess it's what most people would call cheesy, but I can definitely appreciate it.
Thanks for commenting, and for listening to my current #1! Yeah, I understand that people would call it that and I don't mind. I realize the target audience for it (the TV show and the album/soundtrack it's from) is far away from most people who hang out here (including myself). But I often like cheesy! Back in 2005-2006 I even had six #1 songs by someone named Brie :o. (And most of those songs I still like.)
Magnus
Manager

Postby Magnus » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:48 pm

Chart for week 17 2015 (20 – 26 apr)
Chart #: 799, Volume: 1381

Now with streaming links:
S = Spotify, V = YouTube Video, A = Audio, L = Live performance

1 (1) Dove Cameron – As Long As I Have You (3 weeks) S A
2 (2) Stine Bramsen – Not What I Came For (3 weeks) S
3 (5) Ashley Monroe – On To Something Good (3 weeks) S V
4 (4) Dove Cameron – Say Hey (2 weeks) S A
5 (6) Phoebe Ryan – Dead (4 weeks) S V
6 (3) Rachel Platten – Fight Song (6 weeks, peak #1 x2) S A
7 (8) Stine Bramsen – Karma Town (9 weeks, peak #2) S V
8 (NE) Maddie & Tae – Fly S V
9 (9) Cozi Zuehlsdorff – Overruled (2 weeks) S A
10 (7) María Ólafsdottír – Lítil skref (11 weeks, peak #1 x6) S V
11 (NE) Emilie Esther – Undiscovered V
12 (13) Billie – Give Me The Knife (9 weeks) S V
13 (11) Krista Siegfrids – On & Off (10 weeks, peak #5) S V
14 (NE) Moa Morfeldt – You And I S V
15 (10) All Time Low – Kids In The Dark (7 weeks, peak #4) S V
16 (12) Invader Girl – Stuck On Me (9 weeks, peak #2) S V
17 (NE) Ida Lafontaine – Shut Up And Kiss Me S L
18 (NE) Carly Rae Jepsen – All That S A
19 (NE) Avril Lavigne – Fly V
20 (RE) Dove Cameron – Count Me In (12 weeks, peak #5) S V
21 (21) Carrie Underwood – Little Toy Guns (7 weeks, peak #17) S V
22 (NE) Sophie Elise – Love Like That S V
23 (20) Erika Selin – Break Me Up (10 weeks, peak #4) S V
24 (NE) Becky G – Lovin' So Hard S A
25 (18) Megan & Liz – All The Way (9 weeks, peak #13) S A
26 (17) Kelly Clarkson – In The Blue (8 weeks, peak #7) S A
27 (NE) Stefanie Scott – I Don't Wanna Let You Go S A
28 (22) Ofelia – I Will Meet You There (2 weeks, peak #22) S
29 (16) Isa – Don't Stop (8 weeks, peak #5) S V
30 (NE) Sabrina Carpenter – Two Young Hearts S A

For the first time ever, there are two new entries with the exact same title, Fly! It has happened a handful of times before that two songs on the chart had the same title, but not that both songs entered the chart the same week. Avril Lavigne gets her 66th hit on the chart and is now 11 songs ahead of anyone else (Taylor Swift) in that regard. All in all, four songs with the title Fly have now charted, but there are actually eight other titles that are more common. The most common titles are Run, Shine and What If with six songs each.

Dropouts:
-- (14) Evan – Vacker som du (5 weeks, peak #6) S
-- (15) Phoebe Ryan – Mine (7 weeks, peak #4) S V
-- (19) Served – Få meg til å le (5 weeks, peak #7) S A
-- (23) Marion Ravn – Like A Moth (5 weeks) S
-- (24) Kelly Clarkson – Let Your Tears Fall (7 weeks, peak #15) S A
-- (25) Alex Winston – We Got Nothing (5 weeks, peak #14) S A
-- (26) Lila – The Day You'll Find Me (8 weeks, peak #10) S A
-- (27) Tori Kelly – Nobody Love (7 weeks, peak #7) S V
-- (28) Elín Sif Halldórsdóttir – Í kvöld (9 weeks, peak #12) S A
-- (29) Vanbot – Trooper (1 week) S V
-- (30) Kelly Clarkson – War Paint (6 weeks, peak #19) S A
Magnus
Manager

Postby Alicepotter » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:51 pm

First of all: You make your charts since 2000? :o WOW!

Idk much of your singles chart. :lol: But Fly is cute!
Alicepotter
The Mockingjay

Postby Magnus » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:43 pm

Alicepotter wrote:First of all: You make your charts since 2000? :o WOW!

Idk much of your singles chart. :lol: But Fly is cute!
Yeah, I started to log all my listening on 19th December 1999, with software I developed myself, and turned that data into a weekly chart in June 2000. I had always been interested in charts but found it too much work to create weekly charts "manually"; in 1993-1999 I only did end of year charts with just 10 positions.

I like Fly (I assume you mean the Avril one :)), although it feels a bit "under-produced" for my taste. If the entire song sounded like the bridge it would for sure have been a top 10 hit, now it probably won't reach the top 10 and may already have peaked.
Magnus
Manager

Postby Tansike » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:31 pm

Good entries for Carly Rae Jepsen and Avril Lavigne this week :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Storyteller » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:28 am

Great to see In To Something Good is still doing great :D so close to #1. :lol:
Nice seeing Little Toy Guns still in there, it's a great song.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Magnus » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:32 pm

IrishLamb wrote:Great to see In To Something Good is still doing great :D so close to #1. :lol:
It's close to #2 (closer than I thought it would be a week ago), but not close to #1. There is likely a bigger gap in score between #1 and #2 than between #2 and #30. Little Toys Guns has really been underplayed ever since I first started listening to it. Unless I find a bunch of new very good songs very soon it will probably reach the upper half of the chart for the first time next week!
Magnus
Manager

Postby Storyteller » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:44 pm

Magnus wrote:
IrishLamb wrote:Great to see In To Something Good is still doing great :D so close to #1. :lol:
It's close to #2 (closer than I thought it would be a week ago), but not close to #1. There is likely a bigger gap in score between #1 and #2 than between #2 and #30. Little Toys Guns has really been underplayed ever since I first started listening to it. Unless I find a bunch of new very good songs very soon it will probably reach the upper half of the chart for the first time next week!
That's ok, #2 is still amazing :D
Glad to hear that Lityle Toy Guns might move up a bit next week.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Magnus » Mon May 04, 2015 11:03 am

Chart for week 18 2015 (27 Apr – 3 May)
Chart #: 800, Volume: 1211

1 (1) Dove Cameron – As Long As I Have You (4 weeks) S A
2 (3) Ashley Monroe – On To Something Good (4 weeks) S V
3 (2) Stine Bramsen – Not What I Came For (4 weeks, peak #2) S
4 (NE) Allie Gonino – Mazes S
5 (4) Dove Cameron – Say Hey (3 weeks, peak #4) S A
6 (5) Phoebe Ryan – Dead (5 weeks, peak #5) S V
7 (8) Maddie & Tae – Fly S V
8 (7) Stine Bramsen – Karma Town (10 weeks, peak #2) S V
9 (14) Moa Morfeldt – You And I S V
10 (21) Carrie Underwood – Little Toy Guns (8 weeks) S V
11 (17) Ida LaFontaine – Shut Up And Kiss Me S V
12 (11) Emilie Esther – Undiscovered V
13 (9) Cozi Zuehlsdorff – Overruled (3 weeks, peak #9) S A
14 (6) Rachel Platten – Fight Song (7 weeks, peak #1 x2) S A
15 (10) María Ólafsdóttir – Lítil skref (12 weeks, peak #1 x6) S V
16 (20) Dove Cameron – Count Me In (13 weeks, peak #5) S V
17 (22) Sophie Elise – Love Like That S V
18 (12) Billie – Give Me The Knife (10 weeks, peak #12) S V
19 (30) Sabrina Carpenter – Two Young Hearts S A
20 (18) Carly Rae Jepsen – All That S A
21 (13) Krista Siegfrids – On & Off (11 weeks, peak #5) S V
22 (19) Avril Lavigne – Fly V
23 (16) Invader Girl – Stuck On Me (10 weeks, peak #2) S V
24 (24) Becky G – Lovin' So Hard S A
25 (NE) All Time Low – Old Scars / Future Hearts S A
26 (23) Erika Selin – Break Me Up (11 weeks, peak #4) S V
27 (NE) Maria Hazell – Killing All My Darlings S V
28 (NE) All Time Low – Runaways S A
29 (25) Megan & Liz – All The Way (10 weeks, peak #13) S A
30 (NE) All Time Low – The Edge Of Tonight S A

Milestone reached: 800 charts since the beginning! 3502 songs have been seen on the chart, with 205 songs reaching the top spot. There are five new entries on this week's chart, one of which was very hot at the beginning of the week and enters at #4. On To Something Good reaches #2 on its 4th week and Little Toy Guns finally cracks the top 10 on its 8th week!

Dropouts:
-- (15) All Time Low – Kids In The Dark (7 weeks, peak #4) S V
-- (26) Kelly Clarkson – In The Blue (8 weeks, peak #7) S A
-- (27) Stefanie Scott – I Don't Wanna Let You Go (1 week) S A
-- (28) Ofelia – I Will Meet You There (2 weeks, peak #22) S
-- (29) Isa – Don't Stop (8 weeks, peak #5) S V
Last edited by Magnus on Fri May 08, 2015 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Magnus
Manager

Postby Tansike » Wed May 06, 2015 10:43 am

Good to see the climb for Carrie's "Little Toy Guns", it's a great song :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Magnus » Wed May 06, 2015 1:25 pm

Tansike wrote:Good to see the climb for Carrie's "Little Toy Guns", it's a great song :D
Thanks for commenting! I don't know why it took me song long to really appreciate this song. Positive comments from people here probably helped to make it finally happen. It's very rare that it takes 8 weeks for a song to become a top 10 hit on my chart; usually if a song doesn't enter in the top 10 or quickly climbs there, it will never be.
Magnus
Manager

Postby Storyteller » Wed May 06, 2015 11:12 pm

2 (3) Ashley Monroe – On To Something Good (4 weeks) S V

Great to see Fly by Maddie & Tae :D :D :D It’s great, Have you heard Girl In A Country Song?
OTSN still at #2 8-) Glad to see you’re still loving it.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Magnus » Thu May 07, 2015 12:55 am

IrishLamb wrote:2 (3) Ashley Monroe – On To Something Good (4 weeks) S V

Great to see Fly by Maddie & Tae :D :D :D It’s great, Have you heard Girl In A Country Song?
OTSN still at #2 8-) Glad to see you’re still loving it.
Yeah, Girl In A Country Song charted last year, reached #25 the last week of November. That was/is a fun song and it might have become a bigger hit if I had discovered it last summer when it was released. Fly is so different but I really like the sound.
Magnus
Manager

Return to Personal Charts