Noahh & Mainshow's Ultimate Britney Spears Ranking | (#41)

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Noahh » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:32 pm

It's been a while. We know we shouldn't have kept you waiting....

BUT IT'S HERE NOW!

*A massive thank you to Mainshow for making this incredible graphic*

The moment has finally arrived. Noahh and Mainshow will present their ultimate Britney "Brinty Joan" Spears album and song ranking. Don't worry, this ranking was produced in true Brinty fashion. While sipping on a delicious frappucino from Starbucks in the waiting room of Germany's best plastic surgeon waiting to get lip injections, all songs have been carefully evaluated. The songs have been marked on three criteria: Catchiness, Lyrics and Production. A score from 1 to 10 for each criteria was then assigned to each song. Ultimately each song ended up with an average. An average from Noahh's scores and an average from Mainshow's scores. These two scores were then translated into one final score for each song. This presented us with a first ranking of all songs. The next step was to separately rank the songs again that received the same average.

But wait, Noahh and Mainshow were called in by their doctor. He is ready for their lip injections. They quickly sip the last bit of coffee out of their Starbucks cups. Their ranking would continue after the procedure.

*30 minutes later*

Boy that hurt. But hey if want to be (Drop Dead) Beautiful, you have to make some sacrifices. The boys didn't seem to let the pain show as they were heard saying the lip procedure was so "fun and cool", you know...?! Wait a minute, what's that smell? It's so familiar and it's so... GOOD. Noahh and Mainshow don't have to think long, look each other in the eye and lipsync at the same time: vanilla candles!! They are the best says Mainshow. Noahh agrees. They take a deep inhale and then exhale out. It's time to get back to work. The individual ranking of the songs that received the same average can begin now. Carefully Noahh and Mainshow evaluate all the songs again, while sipping on a new fresh cup of coffee (from Starbucks of course).

After having finished this list the ULTIMATE ranking can be made. First a ranking of the songs will be presented and ultimately the album ranking will be revealed.

When will you guys be getting the results?

Well I guess by now you've seen this coming...

*You'll have to wait and see*
Last edited by Noahh on Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:57 pm, edited 26 times in total.
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:23 am

Lovely blurb! :lol:

I'm looking forward to this! I hope it starts before we get R8 (so, in other words, any time this century).
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby LionH3art » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:40 am

PERFUME FOR #1
LionH3art
Superstar

Postby toxicALIENS » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:00 am

How exciting :D

Looking forward to this :)
BS:TS:IA:NM
toxicALIENS
Superstar

Postby Era » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:19 pm

LionH3art wrote:PERFUME FOR #1
:lol:

Sounds really cool tho! I'm excited :D
I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you.
Era
Legend

Postby GetBack » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:36 pm

Nice! This is interesting! :D :D

I never saw a collaborative chart before!? :D :D
GetBack
Legend

Postby Airwrecka » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:34 pm

This sounds awesome. :D
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby Mainshow » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:31 pm

Thank you, guys! Jeroen and I, we are really happy that our thread got some comments; otherwise, it would have flopped like Brinty Joan!
Hopefully, you'll stick with us; even though we kicks our countdown with tracks we really do not like :D :oops:

Comments are always welcomed & we would love to hear your opinion on the tracks ;)

Let the countdown begin ;)
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:49 pm

Britny Joan's biggest flop is....

In the right corner of my flop graphic, you'll see the average points the song scored by Noahh & Me (10.0 maximum)

#141 Don't Hang Up [In The Zone (2003)]
Noahh's rank: #139
Mainshow's rank: #139

Noahh: 3.0 catchiness, 4.0 lyrics, 3.0 production // 3.33 in total
Mainshow: 3.0 catchiness, 2.0 lyrics, 1.0 production // 2.0 in total
Mainshow: The whole production and especially Britney's high voice are so freaking annoying. Thank God, this wasn't released on the standard version of "In The Zone". The theme has been captured by "Phonography" in so many superior ways!
Noahh: It's just an awful song.
Last edited by Mainshow on Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Noahh » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:15 am

In the right corner of my flop graphic, you'll see the average points we song scored by Noahh & Me (10.0 maximum)

#140 Beat Goes On

Noahh's rank: #135
Mainshow's rank: #141

Noahh: 5.0 catchiness, 1.0 lyrics, 7.0 production // 4.33 in total
Mainshow: 2.0 catchiness, 0.0 lyrics, 1.0 production // 1.0 in total
Mainshow: This has to be her worst cover in her entire career. The beats are lazily-produced. The effect in her voice is disturbing. The lyrics are cringe-worthy. This song goes nowhere for me. The last spot on my ranking is truly deserved.
Noahh: "Beat Goes On" is a song that stems from Brinty's debut album "Baby One More Time". The song is a cover by the song "The Beat Goes On" that was originally performed by Sonny & Cher. Is it a good cover? Well considering the fact that it placed second to last on this countdown I think we can conclude that it was a big fat mess! Why? While the production of the song somehow shows a glimmer of promise the rest of the song is just utter trash. Vocals bad, lyrically bad... Just no!
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:50 am

Now, "Don't Hang Up" is bad, but I wouldn't say it's Britney's worst song. It's definitely in the bottom twenty though. "The Beat Goes On", on the other hand, is an excellent candidate for Britney's worst song. Everything about it is annoying. I really wish she hadn't bothered releasing it. Such atrocities are better left unheard.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Airwrecka » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:53 pm

I never cared much for Don't Hang Up either. It was a rubbish addition to ITZ. It always reminded me of That's Where You Take Me, which I also don't like much.

The Beat Goes On is ok, but again, nothing special, so I tend to agree.

I'd say her worst songs for me are probably: Hot As Ice (always hated it), Do Somethin', My Baby and Chillin' With You.
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby Noahh » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:20 pm

Airwrecka wrote:I'd say her worst songs for me are probably: Hot As Ice (always hated it), Do Somethin', My Baby and Chillin' With You.
You're gonna be in for some surprises then.

Hell even the ranking has some major surprises for Mainshow and me myself when we saw our own results. :lol:

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby GetBack » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:27 pm

"Don't Hang Up" is amazing, I can't believe it's the first song to appear! :o :o :o There are much worse songs like "E-Mail My Heart", "My Baby", "Lace and Leather", "Heart" etc. :cry: :cry:
GetBack
Legend

Postby Erotica » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:14 pm

Both songs aren't bad. I am sure the worst songs are in the top 10 :lol: especially one song :-?
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:06 pm

JSparksFan wrote:Now, "Don't Hang Up" is bad, but I wouldn't say it's Britney's worst song. It's definitely in the bottom twenty though. "The Beat Goes On", on the other hand, is an excellent candidate for Britney's worst song. Everything about it is annoying. I really wish she hadn't bothered releasing it. Such atrocities are better left unheard.
GetBack wrote:"Don't Hang Up" is amazing, I can't believe it's the first song to appear! :o :o :o There are much worse songs like "E-Mail My Heart", "My Baby", "Lace and Leather", "Heart" etc. :cry: :cry:
Although I think that "Don't Hang Up" is one of the worst songs, Britney has ever recorded, it's quite interesting that neither Noahh nor me put that song last. However, due to some big gaps when it comes to our rankings, it came last on our list... so there has to be some common ground :D

Erotica wrote:Both songs aren't bad. I am sure the worst songs are in the top 10 :lol: especially one song :-?
You made me curious! Please, don't forget to tell me which songs you're talking about when we'll come to our Top10 ;)
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:35 pm

Both "Don't hang up" and "Beat goes on" are gems. I expect predictable stuff like "Oops I did it again", "Womanizer", "Sometimes", and that in the top 20 of this countdown anyway.

I also want to know if this countdown includes Britney's rare or limited but official songs from her discography like "I'm so curious", "Autumn goodbye", "Walk on by", "Heart", "Intimidated", "You've got it all", "Crazy (with Kevin Federline)", "Over to you now", "Girls and Boys", "The Joy of pepsi", "Right now (taste the victory)", etc all of those??
Last edited by MrLeonix on Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Erotica » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:45 pm

Mainshow wrote:
JSparksFan wrote:Now, "Don't Hang Up" is bad, but I wouldn't say it's Britney's worst song. It's definitely in the bottom twenty though. "The Beat Goes On", on the other hand, is an excellent candidate for Britney's worst song. Everything about it is annoying. I really wish she hadn't bothered releasing it. Such atrocities are better left unheard.
GetBack wrote:"Don't Hang Up" is amazing, I can't believe it's the first song to appear! :o :o :o There are much worse songs like "E-Mail My Heart", "My Baby", "Lace and Leather", "Heart" etc. :cry: :cry:
Although I think that "Don't Hang Up" is one of the worst songs, Britney has ever recorded, it's quite interesting that neither Noahh nor me put that song last. However, due to some big gaps when it comes to our rankings, it came last on our list... so there has to be some common ground :D

Erotica wrote:Both songs aren't bad. I am sure the worst songs are in the top 10 :lol: especially one song :-?
You made me curious! Please, don't forget to tell me which songs you're talking about when we'll come to our Top10 ;)
sure :) but you know one song for sure ;)
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:34 pm

MrLeonix wrote:Both "Don't hang up" and "Beat goes on" are gems. I expect predictable stuff like "Oops I did it again", "Womanizer", "Sometimes", and that in the top 20 of this countdown anyway.

I also want to know if this countdown includes Britney's rare or limited but official songs from her discography like "I'm so curious", "Autumn goodbye", "Walk on by", "Heart", "Intimidated", "You've got it all", "Crazy (with Kevin Federline)", "Over to you now", "Girls and Boys", "The Joy of pepsi", "Right now (taste the victory)", etc all of those??
Basically, all tracks by Godney are gems somehow :oops: (apart from 4 or 5 tracks I kinda dislike).

This countdown includes all tracks which have been officially released, e.g. as singles, album tracks, bonus tracks, b-sides. We also ranked "My Only Wish (This Year)" and "Tom's Diner". However, other featurings like "SMS", "SM" or "Crazy" and her TV-commercials songs are not part of this countdown.
Last edited by Mainshow on Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:49 pm

Let us continue...

In the right corner of my flop graphic, you'll see the average points the song scored by Noahh & Me (10.0 maximum)

#139 Thinkin' About You [...Baby One More Time (1999)]
Noahh's rank: #140
Mainshow's rank: #138

Noahh: 4.0 catchiness, 2.0 lyrics, 4.0 production // 3.33 in total
Mainshow: 2.0 catchiness, 3.0 lyrics, 4.0 production // 3.0 in total
Mainshow: It's such a shame that Britney's brilliant vocals (she really sounds stunningly amazing on that track!) were wasted on such a lousy and bland track lacking a great melody. Apart from the middle 8 part, it's just annoying.
Noahh: Another track from Britney's debut album that leaves us. Thinkin' About You is just a very bland, boring and above all a forgettable song. The only thing that saves this song from being a disaster is the chorus, which somehow shows a little bit of promise. Her vocals are pretty decent on this track, but nothing to write home about.
Last edited by Mainshow on Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Noahh » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:05 am

#138 Rock Boy [Circus (2008)]

Noahh's rank: #131
Mainshow's rank: #137

Noahh: 4.0 catchiness, 4.0 lyrics, 6.0 production // 4.67 in total
Mainshow: 4.0 catchiness, 4.0 lyrics, 2.0 production // 3.33 in total
Mainshow: "Rock Boy" was released as a digital download bonus track of her comeback album "Circus"; however, it was only released on musicload.de, a German webpage offering downlods to purchase. What a random release for a random song! I know that Britney's always saying that she would like to record more rock songs, but if THIS is going to be the outcome, then we should be afraid, really afraid!
Noahh: The first song from "Circus" to fall. "Rock Boy" is a rare bonus track that received a very limited release with the album. While the production has potential, the overall song is just too messy and sounds quite unfinished and unpolished. The song does have its catchy moments and its fun lyrics, but a sufficient execution is what it lacks in every department.

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby Noahh » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:27 am

MrLeonix wrote:Both "Don't hang up" and "Beat goes on" are gems. I expect predictable stuff like "Oops I did it again", "Womanizer", "Sometimes", and that in the top 20 of this countdown anyway.

You really like Don't Hang Up and Beat Goes On that much? :p

Oh and trust me, this ranking will have some major surprises. It won't be as predictable as you might expect. :wink:
The results even surprised me and Mainshow at times.

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:45 am

Noahh wrote:You really like Don't Hang Up and Beat Goes On that much? :p.
Well they're not among my top 50 for sure, they're not favorites of mines, but they are actually good recordings, Britney definately has worse songs. "Beat goes on" is the most experimental / Indie song on her debut album and "Don't hang up" is a fresh / unique R&B-ish mid-tempo. She has more basic songs than those.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Erotica » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:16 pm

Rock Boy is so low :o
Erotica
Legend

Postby Carbon » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:47 pm

If U Seek Amy for #1
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Return to Personal Charts