Noahh & Mainshow's Ultimate Britney Spears Ranking | (#41)

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

 

Postby Mainshow » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:55 pm

Image

#64 When I Found You [Britney (2001)]

Noahh's rank: #90
Mainshow's rank: #43


8.5 average score
Noahh: 7.0 catchiness, 9.0 lyrics, 8.0 production // 8.00 in total
Mainshow: 8.0 catchiness, 9.0 lyrics, 10.0 production // 9.00 in total
Mainshow: This has turned out to be one of my favourite tracks on "Britney". This song is definitely an anthem for everyone looking for love and lyrically, I simply love the romantic language. The song delivers as many worth-analyzing metaphors as an aknowledged poem. Also, the dreamy arrangement fits perfectly to underline the message of the song. This song is a personal highlight of mine when it comes to Britney's discography because of her giving some of the best vocals post-"Oops"ney. Especially the endings of the two first verses when she sings "When the tide came in"/"a glimpse of paradise" are pure heaven but also the middle 8 part's "I felt so alone, all alone..." ALWAYS left me speechless. Not only does she transfers the emotions of the lyrics to the listeners but she also delivers one of the best album tracks of her entire career.

Noahh: Placing at #64 is “When I Found You”, an international bonus track from Britney’s third and self-titled studio album. Lyrically I think this is a beautifully written song, the production overall is of great quality as well and I think Britney sounds great on the song. However, I also feel that this song sounds a bit messy and all over the place at some parts. I think the song could’ve been much better had it been tweaked a bit. But this is just me nitpicking because overall it’s just a very good song and something I do really enjoy listening to from time to time.
#TeamTargaryen
User avatar
Mainshow
Legend
 
Posts: 12701
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby Mainshow » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:04 pm

Image

#63 And Then We Kiss (Junkie XL Remix) [B! In The Mix (2005)]

Noahh's rank: #10
Mainshow's rank: #108


8.5 average score
Noahh: 10.0 catchiness, 10.0 lyrics, 10.0 production // 10.00 in total
Mainshow: 5.0 catchiness, 6.0 lyrics, 10.0 production // 7.00 in total
Mainshow: Sorry to have disappoint you all but I seriously think that "And Then We Kiss" is one of Britney's most overrated tracks ever. I barely listen to this track because I do not think it's that catchy at all and although I think that the production is brilliant on this one, I have the impression that this track doesn't belong straight to Britney. The verses aren't memorable at all and the lyrics aren't my cup of tea either. I mean, "take me, touch me, want you, hold me close, and then we kiss" are too simple for such a brilliant arrangement. Also, I think that a killer hook is missing in this track. Perhaps the song is overrated among fans because it was the only new song (aside "Someday (I Will Understand)" during the gap between her opus "In The Zone" & her comeback album "Blackout". - Also, the middle 8 part is disappointing. Like I said, I never have the urge to listen to this song on purpose but when it's being played, I don't mind it because of its arrangement but the rest doesn't mean anything to me. #sorryjeroen

Noahh: Ok. I’m pissed. Like. Really. Like. Insanely. Like. F*cking. Pissed. :lol: How can this epic song leave this early? Yes Sven, I’m judging you hahaha lol. This song is perfection to me. The production is out of this world. It takes you into this trance-like experience. Combined with the song’s playful lyrics and Britney’s sultry and almost desperate delivery, it just takes you to this moment of ecstasy while listening. Man, this song takes me to places when I listen to the song. It’s amazing. Still on my bucket list to dance/kiss to this song with some hot people, some booze (and perhaps some XTC) around a huge bonfire somewhere in a deserted desert. I can’t score this song lower than a 10 obviously. It was also my 10th highest ranked song of her discography. Shame to see it not even making top 50.
#TeamTargaryen
User avatar
Mainshow
Legend
 
Posts: 12701
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby Mainshow » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:10 pm

Image

#62 Break The Ice [Blackout (2007)]

Noahh's rank: #38
Mainshow's rank: #83


8.5 average score
Noahh: 10.0 catchiness, 8.0 lyrics, 10.0 production // 9.33 in total
Mainshow: 9.0 catchiness, 7.0 lyrics, 7.0 production // 7.67 in total
Mainshow: The first time I heard the song I was expecting a monster hit because of the incredible into and I was even more excited when the pre-chorus had kicked it. Damn, her voice sounds so amazingly insanely brilliant! However, I think that the production is quite samey, especially in the verses. I clearly miss some oomph there, although the Danja-choir is well-placed in the ending of the chorus. The middle 8 part is also another highlight of this track but after that one, it only gets worse for me. I am clearly missing another stellar chorus. Instead of giving everything now, Danja killed all expections and left me with nothing. Actually, a cut version lasting only 2 minutes would have been enough for this track.

Noahh: The fourth and final single crashing on this countdown (#62) is “Break The Ice”, released from Britney’s fifth studio album “Blackout”. This is another huge shocker to me and another song that should’ve been higher and be top 50 in my opinion. Let’s start with the epic intro to the song. Due to this intro alone this should’ve made top 50. Britney addressing her return, the choir-like voices kicking in behind her and then the synthesizers piercing through before ultimately the beat and the first verse kick in, so brilliant!! This is also one of the songs on the album where Britney’s voice really get a platform to shine. How f*cking amazing does she sound on the pre-chorus when she switches falsetto and regular voice. Danja managed to capture such an atmospheric sound using the best of both Urban and Pop/Electro sounds. Such a fine song and single. Shame it got such a terrible release and video! Wasted opportunity.
#TeamTargaryen
User avatar
Mainshow
Legend
 
Posts: 12701
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby Mainshow » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:17 pm

Image

#61 Trouble For Me [Femme Fatale (2011)]

Noahh's rank: #78
Mainshow's rank: #54


8.67 average score
Noahh: 8.0 catchiness, 9.0 lyrics, 8.0 production // 8.33 in total
Mainshow: 9.0 catchiness, 9.0 lyrics, 9.0 production // 9.00 in total
Mainshow: Actually, I didn't expect this track to do so well on our countdown but after looking closely on this track separately, I think that its rank is justified by any means. This song shows an innovative side on "Femme Fatale" and Britney shows different aspects of her voice on this track: a playful but also a seductive one (like she does in "Radar"). Also, I think that this song captures the concept of a "Femme Fatale" perfectly. She clearly plays hot and cold. My favourite line?; "Sweet talk, here we go, tell me something incredible".

Noahh: Closing off this round of results is an album track from Britney’s seventh studio album “Femme Fatale”. At #61 we find “Trouble For Me”. The synths and grimy wobbles that can be heard in the song’s intro and pre-chorus are so catchy. While the chorus is great, the verses and middle 8 steal the spotlight effortlessly. The melodies and the delivery of Brit singing the verses and the middle 8 are so good. I really love the line “but if you want my love, you can only find it on the daaancefloooooooooooooor”. It’s just a very fun and up-tempo track that I enjoy listening to regularly. Is it among my top faves? No but it is a great album track. I think the rank of this song is a bit too high, but I can live with that as I do really like this song.
#TeamTargaryen
User avatar
Mainshow
Legend
 
Posts: 12701
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby KokoCollino » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:01 pm

Mainshow wrote:Image

#63 And Then We Kiss (Junkie XL Remix) [B! In The Mix (2005)]

Noahh's rank: #10
Mainshow's rank: #108

ok bye b*tch I'm officially out like really like wtf like srsly boy oh boy

like cmon

u really gotta make ur mind up u srsly can't live with this opinion

this is 2 much 4 me

this is u when ur old and asking godney spearsus for forgiveness and blessing of her holy spearit

Noahh: Still on my bucket list to dance/kiss to this song with some hot people, some booze (and perhaps some XTC) around a huge bonfire somewhere in a deserted desert.
Oh yaaaaaas. Without XTC though. I want a man that is more addictive than any drug ;)
And I'm actually fine with a dancefloor, don't need a desert :lol:
I'll find my way home
User avatar
KokoCollino
Manager
 
Posts: 4572
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:11 pm

Yeah, I'm definitely siding with Jeroen on the "And Then We Kiss" assessment. I love it because it's a unique track in Britney's collection; it doesn't have that monumental-sized production that her most popular hits have - everything is pretty understated and more subtle. It's more mature than most of her other work and that chorus definitely takes me places too. "Trance-like" is a pretty apt description, I'd say. To see it outside of the Top 40 hurts my eyes. :(

:o at "Break the Ice"! I'm almost lost for words really. :lol: This song, for me, deserves all the praise "Gimme More" gets, and I would've preferred for this to be her comeback single. The intro is a highlight, yes, but the entire song is just so effortlessly seductive. Britney's delivery here is fantastic. It's in my Top 5 all-time faves from Brit Brit.

I like "Trouble for Me"; it's cute, but slightly forgettable. However it managed to rank above "And Then We Kiss" and "Break the Ice" is beyond me...well, actually, the onus is on Sven. :lol:
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
User avatar
JSparksFan
Legend
 
Posts: 44631
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009
Location: Bahamas

Postby Erotica » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:47 pm

many good songs out

well, the songs I am sad about the most definitely are And then we kiss and especially break The Ice

Break The Ice is one of her best singles and songs ever for me. I think it would be in my top 5

I never count Scream & Shout as a typical Britney song, for me it's a will.i.am song (though it says otherwise in reality)
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
User avatar
Erotica
Legend
 
Posts: 12569
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014
Location: Germany

Postby Biebz » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:48 pm

Break The Ice is #62 :o :-?

Thats her best song!
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
User avatar
Biebz
Best Damn Member
 
Posts: 22117
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013
Location: UK

Postby ArmyOfMe » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:30 pm

My faves from the last batch:

-The Bratz song (beautiful ballad, very underrated)
-Outrageous (BOP!!!!! Urbanney <3)
-Perfect Lover (ace, like every other song from the Bible)
-And Then We Kissed (How dare you, Sven??? :cry: I echo Jeroen's sentiment, this song must be a great soundtrack for kissing/dancing and everything that follows)
-Break the Ice (same as Perfect Lover x10. A classic!)
User avatar
ArmyOfMe
Superstar
 
Posts: 6453
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014
Location: Milan

Postby Leychen » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:52 pm

Trouble For Me charting higher than Selfish... I don't want to live on this planet anymore, how could you Mainshow?? haha
I was so blind, I could not see | Your paradise is not for me |Last.fm
User avatar
Leychen
Roadie
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015
Location: Germany

Postby KokoCollino » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:33 pm

Mainshow, this ranking will mark your final curtain call.
I'll find my way home
User avatar
KokoCollino
Manager
 
Posts: 4572
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015

Postby Tansike » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:46 am

"Out From Under" was great back then and was one of my faves when the album came out, but i think it doesn't sound that strong anymore (= it didn't age too well). "Lace And Leather" is the opposite, as i didn't like it back in 08/09 and now i like it a lot :lol: I had no idea it was her favorite song of the album! :o

"Scream & Shout" is great, and hey, her part is iconic on it and she finally slayed the charts again thanks to this, so i'm glad this song exists, even if it's far away from being a good song musically. But it's fun and i always LOVE to sing along when it gets played by the radio.

Surprised about the high position for "Perfect Lover", which is the 2nd weakest song of the album for me.

JSparksFan wrote: :o at "Break the Ice"! I'm almost lost for words really. :lol: This song, for me, deserves all the praise "Gimme More" gets, and I would've preferred for this to be her comeback single. The intro is a highlight, yes, but the entire song is just so effortlessly seductive. Britney's delivery here is fantastic. It's in my Top 5 all-time faves from Brit Brit.
+1

Shocking and disappointing result for that masterpiece :(

No words about "Trouble With Me", no idea how something generic, basic and weak can be higher than "Break The Ice". Really :(
User avatar
Tansike
Legend
 
Posts: 40021
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012
Location: Switzerland

Postby Noahh » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:14 am

Image

#60 Trip To Your Heart [Femme Fatale (2011)]

Noahh's rank: #82
Mainshow's rank: #53


8.67 average score
Noahh: 9.0 catchiness, 7.0 lyrics, 9.0 production // 8.33 in total
Mainshow: 9.0 catchiness, 8.0 lyrics, 10.0 production // 9.00 in total
Mainshow: The next round kicks off with one of the highlights on "Femme Fatale": "Trip To Your Heart". The little sister of "Unusual You" brings a softer, lighter and tender atmosphere to the dance album. It's definitely one of Bloodshy & Avant's masterpieces when it comes to Britney's discography.

Noahh: First song of the new round of results is ironically the song following “Trouble For Me” on Britney’s seventh studio album “Femme Fatale”. “Trip To Your Heart” is an atmospheric and dreamy synthpop song reminding me so much of another great Britney song called “Heaven On Earth”. Not that strange when the song is considered to be a follow up of that particular song by many fans. The production is what makes this song stand out. Leave that up to Bloodshy & Avant as they are known for their great Britney productions. Unfortunately they no longer produce as a team, leaving many Britney fans craving for a new collaboration sad. The best part of the song for me is by far the chorus. It’s just so dreamy, atmospheric and catchy, contrasting with the pounding beats and synths. Such a great song!
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
User avatar
Noahh
Legend
 
Posts: 30205
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Noahh » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:14 am

Image

#59 Unusual You [Circus (2008)]

Noahh's rank: #22
Mainshow's rank: #95


8.67 average score
Noahh: 10.0 catchiness, 10.0 lyrics, 10.0 production // 10.00 in total
Mainshow: 6.0 catchiness, 7.0 lyrics, 9.0 production // 7.34 in total
Mainshow: Speaking of "Trip To Your Heart" being similar to an album track on "Circus"... here it comes! What a coincidence! - I am sure that many of you will disagree with me again but I think that "Trip To Your Heart" is superior to it. The production is almost as exceptionally phenomenal as Femme Fatale's track but at some parts, I think that Britney's vocals did too much progressing. I think I was a bit too harsh on the criterion "lyrics", since I enjoy a lot of the metaphorical language but the chorus is really doing nothing for me.

Noahh: A second Bloodshy & Avant production to fall in a row. At #59 on the countdown we find the superb “Unusual You”, taken off of Britney’s sixth studio album “Circus”. I cannot believe this song placed so low. As I said earlier, Bloodshy & Avant know how to produce and it shows yet again here as the song is meticulously produced. I love how moody the song is. Sven mentions the processed vocals, but for me it’s what takes this song to that extra level of brilliance as it perfectly fits this moody song. Apart from the great production, the song is just beautifully written and definitely one of the best song, if not the best, lyric-wise on the album. The chorus is probably my favorite part of the song, but I just want to address the middle 8 as I think it’s so worth mentioning. It’s stunning and always a moment for me to stan and sing/scream along to lmao. This should’ve been much higher imo!!
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
User avatar
Noahh
Legend
 
Posts: 30205
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Noahh » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:15 am

Image

#58 Quicksand [Circus (2008)]

Noahh's rank: #69
Mainshow's rank: #34


8.67 average score
Noahh: 7.0 catchiness, 9.0 lyrics, 7.0 production // 7.67 in total
Mainshow: 10.0 catchiness, 10.0 lyrics, 9.0 production // 9.67 in total
Mainshow: "Quicksand" was written by Lady GaGa and I still can't understand why this track didn't end up being on any physical editions of "Circus". I can still remember how Britney was so freaking keen of getting this track from GaGa to call it her own and in the end, it just got wasted.
Britney's vocals seem to be as natural as coming from her earlier career and it's freaking catchy (ok, so is half of "Circus") but when I listened to the song I really thought that this would be an instant hit and the middle 8 part is heaven, especially its end when she's singing "Baby even if we're sinking" heart emoticon - Damn, I already fall in love while writing about this track. It's a bit underrated by fans!

Noahh: The next song, placing on the countdown at #58, is another song to fall from Britney’s sixth studio album “Circus”. The Lady “Gagz” Gaga co-penned track “Quicksand” ended up as an iTunes bonus track for the album, my to fans’ surprise as it’s a song that is generally loved among Britney’s fanbase. It’s think it’s a great song but it’s not among my favorite songs within Brit’s discography. I’ll admit that I played this till death when the album was released initially, but then became kind of bored of it and the initial love that I had for the song never really reignited. Doesn’t mean I don’t like this song though, not at all. I still think it’s a great song that I like to play from time to time. I especially like Britney’s vocal delivery on this song, she sounds really great on the song. Very natural vocals, reminiscing of the old days. The placing of the song on the countdown is a bit too high for my liking but I can live with that.
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
User avatar
Noahh
Legend
 
Posts: 30205
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Noahh » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:16 am

Image

#57 Get Back [Blackout (2007)]

Noahh's rank: #23
Mainshow's rank: #97


8.67 average score
Noahh: 10.0 catchiness, 10.0 lyrics, 10.0 production // 10.00 in total
Mainshow: 9.0 catchiness, 5.0 lyrics, 8.0 production // 7.33 in total
Mainshow: When I listened to it for the very first time, I was obsessed about "Get Back".
I think that it lacks a major point: It tries to be as good as "Gimme More" and it uses the same formular: It may be as catchy as "Blackout" lead single's but the chorus is too monotonous, production-wise. It doesn't even come close to "Gimme More"'s interesting and arrangement. There's no diversity when it comes to the Danja's repetitive "Get Back"s, whereas you have a varierty of "Mores" and "Huh"s in "Gimme More".
Also, I think that the ending of "Get Back" is a lacklustre. The slower part could have been more polished, it sounds like a demo. It's still a good song but it wouldn't have harmed to not having tried to copy one of Britney's most popular signature songs!

Noahh: After the amazing “Unusual You” we have another song that crashed on the countdown wayyyy to early in my opinion. “Get Back” from Britney’s fifth studio album “Blackout” is an urban pop banger produced by the much loved producer Danja. This song, to me, is another testament to the brilliance the combination of Britney and Danja in the studio is. I don’t know what happened in the studio when they were recording the Blackout album, but everything they touched and worked on turned into magic. This is definitely up there among some of her best stuff. Fans were shocked that this song did not make the regular tracklist of the album and was only a bonus track for some countries as the song is loved among her fanbase. I can see where Sven’s coming from with the Gimme More comparison as I can definitely hear some resemblance as well. But as I absolutely love Gimme More, I don’t really mind that it is somewhat similar. In my opinion, this song distinguishes itself just enough to stand on its own. The production is absolutely marvelous and makes me crave for more urban jams produced by Danja for Britney. This is a song that will lit up the dancefloor and get everyone to dance. How can you not lose control and go all out to this song? The chorus with the “get back” repeated is so addictive and so perfect for the clubs. Ugh, I love this song so much. This should’ve been so much higher!!! :(
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
User avatar
Noahh
Legend
 
Posts: 30205
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Noahh » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:17 am

Image

#56 Shadow [In The Zone (2003)]

Noahh's rank: #89
Mainshow's rank: #39


8.67 average score
Noahh: 7.0 catchiness, 8.0 lyrics, 9.0 production // 8.00 in total
Mainshow: 9.0 catchiness, 9.0 lyrics, 10.0 production // 9.33 in total
Mainshow: "Shadow" is perhaps Britney's last ballad which doesn't use Britney's high "Everytime" voice but does have an arrangement which doesn't sound flat, like Guy Sebastian's other productions. This is a ballad in a traditional meaning. Amazing strings, great lyrics and Britney does sound fine. It's definitely one of my favourite tracks on "In The Zone"

Noahh: The last song to close off this round of results is a beautiful ballad from Britney’s fourth studio album “In The Zone”. “Shadow” is a song that I absolutely adored when the album was released. Its production is great and Britney’s vocals shine on this song. What I love about this song is that she gets to showcase her lower register and I think Britney sounds divine in her lower register. I wish she would showcase it more often. The verses and especially the middle 8 are my favorite parts of the song. I actually think the chorus is the weakest part of the song but it’s still good. Overplaying the song back in the day caused my love for the song to cool down a bit, but it still remains such a beautiful song. I might have been a little too harsh on this song scoring and ranking it.
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
User avatar
Noahh
Legend
 
Posts: 30205
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010
Location: The Netherlands

Postby toni_pest » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:26 am

Quicksand and BTI are too low, Unusual You also couldve been higher though it was reaaly overrated back when the album was released
:)
User avatar
toni_pest
Coming Soon
 
Posts: 31410
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007

Postby Erotica » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:02 pm

Get Back is great

the others are average album tracks
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
User avatar
Erotica
Legend
 
Posts: 12569
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014
Location: Germany

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:56 am

Oh I forgot this countdown existed. Several songs higher than deserved some others too low but overall I'm glad "When I found you" you made it that high, I think its a Britney masterpiece and one of the best and most beautiful (lyrically and musically) songs she has recorded.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
User avatar
MrLeonix
Legend
 
Posts: 17849
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013

Postby Mainshow » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:25 pm

KokoCollino wrote:
Mainshow wrote:Image

#63 And Then We Kiss (Junkie XL Remix) [B! In The Mix (2005)]

Noahh's rank: #10
Mainshow's rank: #108

ok bye b*tch I'm officially out like really like wtf like srsly boy oh boy

like cmon

u really gotta make ur mind up u srsly can't live with this opinion

this is 2 much 4 me

this is u when ur old and asking godney spearsus for forgiveness and blessing of her holy spearit

Noahh: Still on my bucket list to dance/kiss to this song with some hot people, some booze (and perhaps some XTC) around a huge bonfire somewhere in a deserted desert.
Oh yaaaaaas. Without XTC though. I want a man that is more addictive than any drug ;)
And I'm actually fine with a dancefloor, don't need a desert :lol:
#sorrynotsorry

JSparksFan wrote:Yeah, I'm definitely siding with Jeroen on the "And Then We Kiss" assessment. I love it because it's a unique track in Britney's collection; it doesn't have that monumental-sized production that her most popular hits have - everything is pretty understated and more subtle. It's more mature than most of her other work and that chorus definitely takes me places too. "Trance-like" is a pretty apt description, I'd say. To see it outside of the Top 40 hurts my eyes. :(

:o at "Break the Ice"! I'm almost lost for words really. :lol: This song, for me, deserves all the praise "Gimme More" gets, and I would've preferred for this to be her comeback single. The intro is a highlight, yes, but the entire song is just so effortlessly seductive. Britney's delivery here is fantastic. It's in my Top 5 all-time faves from Brit Brit.

I like "Trouble for Me"; it's cute, but slightly forgettable. However it managed to rank above "And Then We Kiss" and "Break the Ice" is beyond me...well, actually, the onus is on Sven. :lol:
I really do think that "And Then We Kiss" is highly overrated. I've always liked it but I would never mark it as amazing and I also think that despite Britney being labelled as an artist who continously delivers care-free dancefloor tracks has a lot of mature songs. One can find plenty of them on "Britney", "In The Zone", "Blackout", "Circus", even some tracks on "Femme Fatale" & "Flopney Jean". They simply got overlooked somehow. However, I think that we have to agree that we disagree here.. like I said, I think it's a lovely track with a nice production but it simply doesn't do anything for me :D

I knew that you would get mad at "Break The Ice" leaving "that soon". Thank God, we haven't dropped "Piece Of Me" yet :oops:

"Trouble For Me" <3

Erotica wrote:many good songs out

well, the songs I am sad about the most definitely are And then we kiss and especially break The Ice

Break The Ice is one of her best singles and songs ever for me. I think it would be in my top 5

I never count Scream & Shout as a typical Britney song, for me it's a will.i.am song (though it says otherwise in reality)
Great you like so many tracks of our last bunch of songs. - Wow, another one thinking that "Break The Ice" is Top 5 worthy. - Like I said, I really do love the lyrics & her voice on it but I really think that something is missing in the ending of the song. It's like an anti-climax or somethin.

I somehow agree with you on "Scream & Shout" but, you know, if we think this way we need to exclude half of "Britney Jean" & "Big Fat Bass" :D

ThatBieberSide wrote:Break The Ice is #62 :o :-?

Thats her best song!
:oops: Sorry :D

ArmyOfMe wrote:My faves from the last batch:

-The Bratz song (beautiful ballad, very underrated)
-Outrageous (BOP!!!!! Urbanney <3)
-Perfect Lover (ace, like every other song from the Bible)
-And Then We Kissed (How dare you, Sven??? :cry: I echo Jeroen's sentiment, this song must be a great soundtrack for kissing/dancing and everything that follows)
-Break the Ice (same as Perfect Lover x10. A classic!)
Glad you like so many tracks and again, I'm not sorry for letting "And Then We Kiss" lovers down. I don't see it as the epitome of a Britney pop tune and it left me without feeling impressed, tbh. When it got released, I did enjoy its producition very much, though.

KokoCollino wrote:Mainshow, this ranking will mark your final curtain call.
Nah, I am the bad bitch.

Tansike wrote:"Out From Under" was great back then and was one of my faves when the album came out, but i think it doesn't sound that strong anymore (= it didn't age too well). "Lace And Leather" is the opposite, as i didn't like it back in 08/09 and now i like it a lot :lol: I had no idea it was her favorite song of the album! :o

"Scream & Shout" is great, and hey, her part is iconic on it and she finally slayed the charts again thanks to this, so i'm glad this song exists, even if it's far away from being a good song musically. But it's fun and i always LOVE to sing along when it gets played by the radio.

Surprised about the high position for "Perfect Lover", which is the 2nd weakest song of the album for me.

JSparksFan wrote: :o at "Break the Ice"! I'm almost lost for words really. :lol: This song, for me, deserves all the praise "Gimme More" gets, and I would've preferred for this to be her comeback single. The intro is a highlight, yes, but the entire song is just so effortlessly seductive. Britney's delivery here is fantastic. It's in my Top 5 all-time faves from Brit Brit.
+1

Shocking and disappointing result for that masterpiece :(

No words about "Trouble With Me", no idea how something generic, basic and weak can be higher than "Break The Ice". Really :(
Actually, I think that "Out From Under" didn't age at all but I'm a sucker for Britney going pure pop but I'm glad that you enjoyed it as much as I did when it got released. Oh really? - There's a "making-of-circus" thingy on the DVD which was included on the Deluxe edition of the "Circus" album and there's Britney saying that "you know, sometimes you immediately know that a song is an instant hit and you want that song really, really much so that you can call it your own" or something like that. I need to watch it again, though.

toni_pest wrote:Quicksand and BTI are too low, Unusual You also couldve been higher though it was reaaly overrated back when the album was released
Yes, another "Quicksand" lover! ;) - Actually, I think that "Unusual You" did quite nice... being ranked #59 out of 141 songs... Damn, we've almost reached the upper 1/3.

Erotica wrote:Get Back is great

the others are average album tracks
I preferred your other comment :D - I love those album tracks (ok, most of them xD)

MrLeonix wrote:Oh I forgot this countdown existed. Several songs higher than deserved some others too low but overall I'm glad "When I found you" you made it that high, I think its a Britney masterpiece and one of the best and most beautiful (lyrically and musically) songs she has recorded.
It seemed that you were still in shock because of "Sometimes" being not excluded from the list :D - Glad you agree on "When I Found You". It's one of my favourite album tracks on "Britney" and Britney's voice in the middle8 part is simly magical.
#TeamTargaryen
User avatar
Mainshow
Legend
 
Posts: 12701
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby Tansike » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:33 pm

I'm so sorry Sven, but i have to disagree on you again. "Trip To Your Heart" is a generic mess, while "Unusual You" is an amazing pop gem and a highlight on "Circus" :oops:
User avatar
Tansike
Legend
 
Posts: 40021
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012
Location: Switzerland

Postby Mainshow » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:16 pm

Tansike wrote:I'm so sorry Sven, but i have to disagree on you again. "Trip To Your Heart" is a generic mess, while "Unusual You" is an amazing pop gem and a highlight on "Circus" :oops:
No worries. I've already written that many will disagree but I seriously would pick "Trip To Your Heart" over "Unusual You" every time. I like both, though.
#TeamTargaryen
User avatar
Mainshow
Legend
 
Posts: 12701
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby Erotica » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:01 pm

Tansike wrote:I'm so sorry Sven, but i have to disagree on you again. "Trip To Your Heart" is a generic mess, while "Unusual You" is an amazing pop gem and a highlight on "Circus" :oops:
I dislike both :lol:
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
User avatar
Erotica
Legend
 
Posts: 12569
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014
Location: Germany

Postby Noahh » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:15 am

Mainshow wrote:
toni_pest wrote:Quicksand and BTI are too low, Unusual You also couldve been higher though it was reaaly overrated back when the album was released
Yes, another "Quicksand" lover! ;) - Actually, I think that "Unusual You" did quite nice... being ranked #59 out of 141 songs... Damn, we've almost reached the upper 1/3.
Of course he likes Quicksand, he loves Gagz. :P
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
User avatar
Noahh
Legend
 
Posts: 30205
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010
Location: The Netherlands

Return to Personal Charts