Noahh & Mainshow's Ultimate Britney Spears Ranking | (#41)

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Noahh » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:29 am

#55 Boys (Co-Ed Remix) [Britney (2001)]

Noahh's rank: #13
Mainshow's rank: #98

8.67 average score
Noahh: 10.0 catchiness, 10.0 lyrics, 10.0 production // 10.00 in total
Mainshow: 7.0 catchiness, 7.0 lyrics, 8.0 production // 7.33 in total
Mainshow: Another song is about to fall now because of me. The single version of "Boys" which had been ranked #13 by Jeroen, almost didn't make the Top 100 on my list. Although I really enjoy the song, I think that the album version is superior to it. The melodic middle 8 part had to make room for Britney moaning and groaning to the same beat which had been already used for the entire song. Also, the missing parts had a negative effect on the lyrics. However, its music video belongs to my favourite ones and still, I love the track.

Noahh: We’re kicking off this new round of results with one of my all-time favorite Britney songs/singles and videos. This track (especially the remix) is the epitome of a classic Britney track. “Boys (Co-Ed Remix)” was released as a single from Britney’s self-titled third album and features vocals from Pharrell Williams. Me and Brinty must be so alike as we share this massive love for this song. I think it’s funny how she keeps performing this on each and every tour in favor other songs while it wasn’t that big of a hit. I’ve always liked the album version of Boys but it misses that something extra oomph and uniqueness that the remix does seem to capture. The middle 8 part of the original that Sven mentioned is a part that I never really liked actually so I’m glad it’s not featured in the remix. The production is just so ridiculously good in this song. Pharrell was such a genius back then. I also love how the remix also involves a male perspective, performed by Pharrell. This is a song that I was absolutely obsessed with as a kid. I used to spend days watching music channels hoping for this video to come on lol. I can’t believe this didn’t make top 50. Yesss I’m judging you Sven! :lol:
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby Noahh » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:30 am

#54 Up ‘N’ Down [Femme Fatale (2011)]

Noahh's rank: #86
Mainshow's rank: #52

8.84 average score
Noahh: 9.0 catchiness, 8.0 lyrics, 9.0 production // 8.67 in total
Mainshow: 9.0 catchiness, 9.0 lyrics, 9.0 production // 9.00 in total
Mainshow: "Up 'N' Down". What a great and energetic intro, the verses are fierce and I love that "20 out of 10" line. Britney delivers self-confidence, attitude and sexiness in one epic pop masterpiece. Britney is doing one of her best impressions of a real 'Femme Fatale'. She's eyeing some hot men in the club playing with them.

Noahh: This next track is more prove on how strong Britney’s deluxe album tracks in general are. In fact, all deluxe edition tracks on Britney’s seventh studio album “Femme Fatale” are really good. “Up ‘N’ Down” manages to grab the 54th spot on the countdown. As most of the Femme Fatale era, the production on the song is kind of top notch. It’s a very fun and cheeky pop song with a great hook and chorus. Its lyrics are playful in true Britney fashion and the song is very catchy and will get stuck in your head. My favorite part? The middle 8. It’s soooo good. “I can almost feel my lace, slippin' off 'cause of the bass” I love how the production increases during the repeating of the middle 8. Such a fun song!
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby Noahh » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:32 am

#53 Big Fat Bass (feat. Will.U.Can’t) [Femme Fatale (2011)]

Noahh's rank: #52
Mainshow's rank: #60

8.84 average score
Noahh: 10.0 catchiness, 7.0 lyrics, 10.0 production // 9.00 in total
Mainshow: 10.0 catchiness, 6.0 lyrics, 10.0 production // 8.67 in total
Mainshow: Ok, it's time for Jeroen & me to hide again, I guess because "Big Fat Bass" is just about to fall now. The first will.i.am track in Britney's career is also her best one, if you ask me (of the will.i.am tracks, of course). You can still call it innovative, new, refreshing for Britney's standards, especially the middle 8 part & the "The bass is getting low" part with the piano gets me all the time. So much is happening in this track and Britney has never gone that hard in a track before. It should have become a single at some point (#5 wouldn't harm). I think that she could have reached a straight audience. to some agree.

Noahh: Another Femme Fatale track to fall in a row. Probably a controversial one as it features the kind of hated Will.U.Can’t. Like Sven indicates, we’ll probably get some slack for our scores and rankings regarding this song. But honestly, I couldn’t give a flying f*ck because I sincerely think that this is a bloody brilliant club/pop song. “Big Fat Bass” is the best song the two of them have created in the studio by far. Sure lyrically it’s no masterpiece, the lyrics are actually kind of bad and hilarious hence our lower scores for the lyrics. But that doesn’t bother me in this song as this song is all about production and man did the Will.U.Can’t a freaking fantastic good job at it. The bass in this song is absolutely sick. I remember blasting this in a car when the album was first released and I thought the speakers were going to explode. Such a heavy bass, but I like bass. The heavier the bass, the more I like it lol. Like Sven also mentions, this song features so many different cool transitions and my favorite transition is definitely the piano part as well where Britney sings “the bass is getting low”. Honorable mention for the galloping horses sound hahaha. I actually can’t believe they didn’t release this as a single. It had always screamed single release to me.

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby Noahh » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:33 am

#52 (You Drive Me) Crazy [The Stop Remix] […Baby One More Time (1999)]

Noahh's rank: #64
Mainshow's rank: #42

8.84 average score
Mainshow: 9.0 catchiness, 8.0 lyrics, 10.0 production // 9.00 in total
Mainshow: Wow, I am shocked that "(You Drive Me) Crazy (The Stop Remix)" failed to make our Top50. Although it came close, it just doesn't feel right. This is one of Britney's best pop tunes ever and I should highlight that it wasn't just my fault to do this song no justice :D - However, Britney's third single got 8.84 points in total, which is a huge achievement!

Noahh: After the album version of the song crashing at #83, it is now time for the single remix (The Stop Remix) of the song “(You Drive Me) Crazy)” from Britney’s debut album to fall on the countdown. The song places on #52 and thus just missing out of the top 50. With the elevated production the song definitely gets more oomph and character that made the song stand out as a single. Overall I much prefer it to the album version. However I can’t believe they left out the line “loving you means so much more, more than anything I ever felt before”. That line is so strong and one of my favorite bits in the original so I kind of miss it in the single remix version. However, regardless of that it’s very well produced and catchy pop tune that I think all of us have great childhood memories with.

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby Noahh » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:34 am

#51 What U See (Is What U Get) [Oops!... I Did It Again (2000)]

Noahh's rank: #61
Mainshow's rank: #41

8.84 average score
Mainshow: 9.0 catchiness, 8.0 lyrics, 10.0 production // 9.00 in total
Mainshow: Another bubblegum anthem is about to fall. This time, it's the best album track of "Oops!...I Did It Again". Like the first single of that album, "What U See (Is What U Get)" kicks off with an intro filled with Britney's "yeahs" and "ahas" being mixed along with a freaking fierce instrumental. The highlight of the song: The pre-chorus, definitely!

Noahh: We close off this round of results before moving into the top 50 with a great album track from Britney’s sophomore album. “What U See (Is What U Get)” is a classic pop tune from back in the day. I remember as a kid I thought this song had like the best message ever haha. I really thought this would’ve made a great single choice and was disappointed that she never shot a video for it. My favorite line of the song is “you should never try to change me, I can be nobody else…”. Definitely a song that I like to listen to a lot these days. So nostalgic!

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby Erotica » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:50 pm

I love Up n down :)
I expected You drive me crazy a bit higher
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby KokoCollino » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:17 pm

Noahh wrote:
#59 Unusual You [Circus (2008)]

Noahh's rank: #22
Mainshow's rank: #95

This is a Painshow.

Tansike wrote:I'm so sorry Sven, but i have to disagree on you again. "Trip To Your Heart" is a generic mess, while "Unusual You" is an amazing pop gem and a highlight on "Circus" :oops:
Preach sista.

Mainshow wrote:
Tansike wrote:I'm so sorry Sven, but i have to disagree on you again. "Trip To Your Heart" is a generic mess, while "Unusual You" is an amazing pop gem and a highlight on "Circus" :oops:
No worries. I've already written that many will disagree but I seriously would pick "Trip To Your Heart" over "Unusual You" every time. I like both, though.
Never in a gazillion years. Unusual Masterpiece >>>>>>>>>>>> Trip To Your Fart

Crazy is waaay too low.
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby MrLeonix » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:38 pm

All "Boys", "Up M down" and "Big fat bass" are placed too high

"(You drive me) Crazy" should've been inside top 50

"What U see (Is what U get)" should've also been inside top 50, killer track although "Can't make you love" is the best track on "Oops" to me.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Noahh » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:06 pm

MrLeonix wrote:"Boys" placed too high
Brinty would disagree.

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:23 pm

Noahh wrote:
Brinty would disagree.
Yeah I know, she won't ever make "Boys" happen tho
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Noahh » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:40 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
Noahh wrote:
Brinty would disagree.
Success doesn't mean quality.

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:00 pm

Noahh wrote:
MrLeonix wrote:
Noahh wrote:
Brinty would disagree.
Success doesn't mean quality.
I know, Thats why I prefer "Someday (I will understand)" over "Till the world ends" :wink:
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Noahh » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:25 pm

MrLeonix wrote:I know, Thats why I prefer "Someday (I will understand)" over "Till the world ends" :wink:
Oh definitey, I agree with that.

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:45 am

Noahh wrote:
MrLeonix wrote:I know, Thats why I prefer "Someday (I will understand)" over "Till the world ends" :wink:
Oh definitey, I agree with that.
Psst! Spoiler Alert!

"Boys" didn't deserve to underperform the way it did but I can see why it didn't appeal to a wider audience.

However, Jeroen, a #90 rank would have been more than enough for Britney's favourite Britney track xD
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Noahh » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:53 am

Mainshow wrote:"Boys" didn't deserve to underperform the way it did but I can see why it didn't appeal to a wider audience.

However, Jeroen, a #90 rank would have been more than enough for Britney's favourite Britney track xD
No way. It should've been top 20! :P

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby Airwrecka » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:56 am

I love Boys - the remix really elevated it in my opinion. I like that it kind of continued the vibe of I'm A Slave 4 U.

It's no secret that I don't like Femme Fatale, but Big Fat Bass is probably my favourite track after HIAM. I'd also class Up N Down as one of the better ones. Basically, from that album I like HIAM, Inside Out, I Wanna Go (not a huge fan), Big Fat Bass, and sometimes Criminal. :-?

The Stop Mix of Crazy is a classic, and one of the songs that so effortlessly engages with that Britney pop sound that so many other artists tried to emulate. I feel like the Stop Mix was a bit of a nod to the musical direction that Oops would take.

What U See is a great track. It has that classic Britney sound that I just mentioned above; which is definitely why Oops is one of my fave albums. In terms of production, the whole vibe of that album was on point for me.
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby KokoCollino » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:56 am

Even if Noaah had the same tragic positions like you Mainie, I could nevah be mad on him due to his iconec avatar :cry: 8-) :wink:
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby MrLeonix » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:57 am

"Boys" is a good cool track, and its actually underrated, but many other way better songs placed lower than it in this countdown, while I particularly think "Boys" is cool I don't think it deserves to be close to the top 50 and many other songs that already left could be on its place :wink:
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby jrnleblanc » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:57 am

BFB shouldn't even be on the list. :lol:
jrnleblanc
Manager

Postby GetBack » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:07 am

"Big Fat Bass" is atrocious! I have forgotten that song! "Crazy" should be in the Top 20, it's one of her best!
GetBack
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:06 pm

Erotica wrote:I love Up n down :)
I expected You drive me crazy a bit higher
Great to read that you love "Up 'N' Down" as much as we do. I was really happy that she performed it at her last tour.

When it comes to "(You Drive Me) Crazy (The Stop Remix)", I am also a bit shocked. However, it got 8.84 points which is a very good result, I guess... so it doesn't hurt that much to have let it go.

@KokoCollino
You're not trying to piss me off with that Mother Monster gif :D :D
xD

@MrLeonix
Ok, #52 is not that far away from "Top 50"; but like I said before, I was also a bit shocked but now it's getting even more complicated. So many great gems are still about to be dropped.

+ @Noahh
Yeah, it's crazy how Britney worships "Boys". Madonna should take notice.. she doesn't treat "Candy Shop" the same way :D

@Airwrecka
Do you really think this way? I think that the album version of "Boys" transfers the Slave vibe more.. it's edgier and not as electronic as the remix.

Great to see you stanning for "Big Fat Bass". I really think that most fans try to throw shade on it just because it's being produced by will.u.stop.working.with.Britney. but it's clearly their best effort (at least, that's Jeroen & my opinion). I love it's different elements!

Totally agree on "Crazy" & "What U See".

KokoCollino wrote:Even if Noaah had the same tragic positions like you Mainie, I could nevah be mad on him due to his iconec avatar :cry: 8-) :wink:
But I do have the kween herself as my avatar Oo #Godney

jrnleblanc wrote:BFB shouldn't even be on the list. :lol:
#blashepmy

Big Fat Bass > It Should Be Easy > Scream & Shout :oops:

GetBack wrote:"Big Fat Bass" is atrocious! I have forgotten that song! "Crazy" should be in the Top 20, it's one of her best!
I'm sorry to have brought your memories back. :oops: :lol: xD
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:50 pm

"Big Fat Bass" and "(You Drive Me) Crazy" are both good, but overall no big losses on this page so far :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Noahh » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:57 pm

KokoCollino wrote:Even if Noaah had the same tragic positions like you Mainie, I could nevah be mad on him due to his iconec avatar :cry: 8-) :wink:
8-) :lol: :lol:

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby Noahh » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:07 pm

I knew opinions on Big Fat Bass would be divided and that we would get some strong negative comments on it. I still stand by my scoring, ranking and comments on the song though.

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:16 pm

Noahh wrote:I knew opinions on Big Fat Bass would be divided and that we would get some strong negative comments on it. I still stand by my scoring, ranking and comments on the song though.
It's one of my faves of "Femme fatale" and i don't get the hate for will.i.am at all...
Tansike
Legend

Return to Personal Charts