Mammy Awards 2016 / all Winners revealed

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Tansike » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:13 pm

Welcome to the Mammy Awards 2016. This is a yearly award 'show' i'm doing for several years now, and since it fared pretty well last year with doing a seperate topic instead of posting it on my weekly chart topic, i decided to open a seperate topic for the show this year again. The word 'Mammy' comes from Grammy, and my first name starts with an 'M', that's how the term 'Mammy' originated.

There will be several categories with five nominees in each category, except the Best Video category with a few more nominees. On the post below you can read which categories exist, and the winners as soon as they are announced. Obviously, you can guess the winners, or just leave your thoughts about it :)

There will be three awars where YOU can choose the winners as well. More to that soon.

The first few nominees will be revealed soon.

For last years topic, please check here: Mammy Awards 2015
Last edited by Tansike on Tue May 17, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:14 pm

Last edited by Tansike on Tue May 17, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tansike
Legend

Postby bluecherry » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:09 pm

Excited to see this! I'll be opening the thread of my awards at some point this week, so it'll be great to see how you do it!!

Really hoping to see some certain songs and artists there but I'll keep it hush for now.
bluecherry
Manager

Postby Tansike » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:30 pm

bluecherry wrote:Excited to see this! I'll be opening the thread of my awards at some point this week, so it'll be great to see how you do it!!

Really hoping to see some certain songs and artists there but I'll keep it hush for now.
Thanks for your interest!

Life keeps me way too busy so i didn't have time to start this yet. But the first stuff is coming VERY soon now :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:08 pm

It's Time to Vote!

For the first three Mammys i need YOU. Like the last two years, it's up to YOU who will win the Reader's choice categories. This year, there's a little rule change, but more about that under each category.

Choose the songs that made the biggest impact on you in 2015 and send me your list (with the first being your favorite) per message. The song must have been released in 2015. Singles, that were already released on an album in a previous year, are still eligible, if the video came out in 2015 (example: Taylor Swift's "Wildest Dreams" is eligible despite being on "1989" which was released in 2014).

Please send me at least 5 songs, and a maximum of 10 songs. Your #1 always gets 10 points, #2 gets 9 points and so on.

Choose the albums that made the biggest impact on you in 2015 and send me your list (with the first being your favorite) per message. The album must have been released in 2015. If an album has a different release date (example: being released in 2014 in Europe, but 2015 in the US) it's still eligible. Same when it comes to re-releases.

Please send me at least 5 albums, and a maximum of 10 albums. Your #1 always gets 10 points, #2 gets 9 points and so on.

Choose the artists that made the biggest impact on you in 2015 and send me your list (with the first being your favorite) per message. The artists must have released at least one single OR one EP OR one album in 2015.

Please send me at least 5 artists, and a maximum of 10 artists. Your #1 always gets 10 points, #2 gets 9 points and so on.

Please ask if there's a question :)
The voting is open until further notice.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:47 am

Keep the votes coming :)

Here are the first nominees. Have fun by guessing the winners :D

Homeless by Marina Kaye
I'm In It With You by Loreen
Run Away With Me by Carly Rae Jepsen
Same Old Love by Selena Gomez
Sorry by Justin Bieber

The Mammy for 'Best Pop Solo Performance' is for songs with the genre pop and by one artist. Every pop song which was released as a single during 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran, "Heart Attack" by Demi Lovato, "Blown Away" by Carrie Underwood, "Grenade" by Bruno Mars, "Firework" by Katy Perry, "Sparks" by Amy MacDonald and Adam Lambert, who won twice so far with "Whataya Want From Me" and "Never Close Our Eyes". That category exists since 2011 and there used to be two awards from 2011 to 2013 - one for male and one for female.

Adventure Of A Lifetime by Coldplay
Feel It All by Tokio Hotel
Jung verdammt by Lo & Leduc
Mary, Did You Know? by Pentatonix
Warriors by Imagine Dragons

The Mammy for 'Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group' is for songs with the genre pop and by a Duo or by a Group. Every pop song which was released as a single during 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are "You Can Never Be Ready" by Sunrise Avenue, "If I Lose Myself" by OneRepublic, "Lost In Paradise" by Evanescence and Selena Gomez & The Scene, who won twice so far with "Hit The Lights" and "A Year Without Rain". That category exists since 2011.

Ain't Nobody (Loves Me Better) by Felix Jaehn ft. Jasmine Thompson
Good For You by Selena Gomez ft. A$AP Rocky
Powerful by Major Lazer ft. Ellie Goulding & Tarrus Riley
Sounds Like Heaven by Marina Kaye ft. Lindsey Stirling
Sugar by Robin Schulz ft. Francesco Yates

The Mammy for 'Best Pop Collaboration' is for songs with the genre pop and must be a collaboration between at least two artists, no matter if these artists are solo artists, a Duo or a Group. Every pop song which was released as a single during 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are "Love Me Harder" by Ariana Grande & The Weeknd, "Friends" by Aura Dione ft. Rock Mafia, "We Found Love" by Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris and Lady GaGa, who won twice so far with "Do What U Want" ft. R. Kelly and "Telephone" ft. Beyoncé. That category exists since 2011.

Breathe In. Breathe Out. by Hilary Duff
Delirium by Ellie Goulding
E-Mo-Tion by Carly Rae Jepsen
Fearless by Marina Kaye
Rebel Heart by Madonna

The Mammy for 'Best Pop Vocal Album' is for albums with the genre pop. Every pop album which was released during 2015 is eligible, instrumental albums are not allowed. Previous winners are "1989" by Taylor Swift, "Britney Jean" by Britney Spears, "Halcyon" by Ellie Goulding, "The Sea" by Melanie C and "La voix du nord" by Malena Ernman. That category exists since 2011.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Colbie » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:58 pm

Hope Pentatonix and Loreen win! ;-)
Starry eyes sparking up my darkest night
Colbie
Superstar

Postby bluecherry » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:49 pm

Hoping for: Carly, Coldplay, Selena and Carly! Some great tracks!
bluecherry
Manager

Postby Tansike » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:03 pm

Thanks you two :) Didn't know you like Pentatonix, Colbie :)

Also, don't forget to vote for the reader's choice categories. Just send me a Top5 (or up to Top10) of your favorite songs, albums and artists of 2015 (you can also just send a Top5 for songs, or albums, or artists, or two of them...) :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:40 pm

In And Out Of Love by Armin Van Buuren ft. Sharon Den Adel (Lost Frequencies Remix)
Raindrops by SNBRN ft. Kerli
Shine by Years & Years
Take Flight by Lindsey Stirling
What I Did For Love by David Guetta ft. Emeli Sandé

The Mammy for 'Best Dance Recording' is for songs with the genre dance/electronic. Every song which was released as a single during 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are "Only Girl (In The World)" by Rihanna, Kerli, who won twice so far with "Zero Gravity" and "Army Of Love", and Lady GaGa, who won twice so far as well with "G.U.Y." and "Venus". That category exists since 2011.

Communion by Years & Years
Inna by Inna
Peace Is The Mission by Major Lazer
Stories by Avicii
Sugar by Robin Schulz

The Mammy for 'Best Electronic/Dance Album' is for albums with the genre dance/electronic. Every album which was released during 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are "Worlds Apart" by Seven Lions, "True" by Avicii, "MDNA" by Madonna, "Nothing But The Beat" by David Guetta and "The Fame" by Lady GaGa. That category exists since 2011.

Crystals by Of Monsters And Men
High By The Beach by Lana Del Rey
Little Toy Guns by Carrie Underwood
My Silver Lining by First Aid Kit
Wherever Is Your Heart by Brandi Carlile

The Mammy for 'Best Rock/Country/Alternative Song' is for songs with the genre rock/country/alternative. Every song which was released as a single during 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are "Ride" by Lana Del Rey, "Storytime" by Nightwish, "Until My Last Breath" by Tarja and Within Temptation, who won twice so far with "Edge Of The World" and "Paradise (What About Us?)" ft. Tarja. That category exists since 2011.

All Our Yesterdays by Blackmore's Night
Smoke + Mirrors by Imagine Dragons
Stay Gold by First Aid Kit
The Firewatcher's Daughter by Brandi Carlile
Vulnicura by Björk

The Mammy for 'Best Rock/Country/Alternative Album' is for albums with the genre rock/country/alternative. Every album which was released during 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are "Let Us Burn" by Within Temptation, "Colours In The Dark" by Tarja and "Bear Creek" by Brandi Carlile. That category exists since 2013.

Bitch Better Have My Money by Rihanna
Dance Like We're Making Love by Ciara
Flash mich by Mark Forster
Levels by Nick Jonas
The Hills by The Weeknd

The Mammy for 'Best R&B/Urban Song' is for songs with the genre R&B/urban. Every song which was released as a single during 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are "Best Mistake" ft. Big Sean and "The Way" ft. Mac Miller, both by Ariana Grande. That category exists since 2014.

Beauty Behind The Madness by The Weeknd
Jackie by Ciara
Madness by Guy Sebastian
Unbreakable by Janet Jackson
Zucker fürs Volk by Lo & Leduc

The Mammy for 'Best R&B/Urban Album' is for albums with the genre R&B/Urban. Every album which was released during 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are "The Pinkprint" by Nicki Minaj and "Yours Truly" by Ariana Grande. That category exists since 2014.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Biebz » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:19 pm

Nothing for Lana? :cry:
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Tansike » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:26 pm

^ "High By The Beach" is nominated for Best Rock/Country/Alternative Recording :D

And she'll be nominated in at least one more category, don't worry.

Also, don't forget to vote for your favorite songs, albums and/or artists for the Reader's choice category :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:13 pm

Sorry for the delay!!

My exams took more time than i expected, and it got busier than expected as well at work during the last month. I'll present the remaining nominees soon, and also reveal the winners soon.

Please also don't forget to vote for your favorite songs, albums and artists for the Reader's choice categories. Check here for the rules. Thanks in advance :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sat May 14, 2016 10:55 am

#flop

sorry for another delay lol

i'm preparing the rest of the nominees now to reveal all together later today or tomorrow, and already reveal the winners tomorrow or on monday, so everything is finally done :lol:

Anyway, if someone still wants to vote in the reader's choice categories, feel free to vote :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sat May 14, 2016 12:22 pm

Crystal Sky by Lena
Endless Forms Most Beautiful by Nightwish
Froot by Marina And The Diamonds
Honeymoon by Lana Del Rey
25 by Adele

The Mammy for 'Album Of The Year' is for every album which was released during 2015, no matter of its genre. The album which made the biggest impact on me during that year will win. Previous winners are "Shine" by Anette Olzon, "Lindsey Stirling" by Lindsey Stirling, "Born To Die" by Lana Del Rey, "21" by Adele and "The Fame" by Lady GaGa. That category exists since 2011.

Adore by Jasmine Thompson
Élan by Nightwish
Hello by Adele
Lean On by Major Lazer, DJ Snake & MO
Never Forget You by Zara Larsson & MNEK

The Mammy for 'Song Of The Year' is for every single which was released during 2015, no matter of its genre. The song which made the biggest impact on me during that year will win. Previous winners are "Break Free" by Ariana Grande ft. Zedd, "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus, "Born To Die" by Lana Del Rey, "Someone Like You" by Adele and "Bad Romance" by Lady GaGa. That category exists since 2011.

Adele
Björk
Lana Del Rey
Lena
Nightwish

The Mammy for 'Artist Of The Year' is for every artist who released a single and/or an album and/or an EP during 2015, no matter of its genre. The artist which made the biggest impact on me during that year will win. Previous winners are Within Temptation and Kerli. That category exists since 2014.

Black Lake by Björk
Devil Pray by Madonna
Shudder Before The Beautiful by Nightwish
Swan Song by Lana Del Rey
The Girl by Lena

The Mammy for 'Best Album Track' is for every song, which wasn't released as a single and is on an album that was released during 2015, no matter of its genre. The best song will win. Previous winner is "Moving Away" by Anette Olzon. That category exists since 2015.

Ed Sheeran
Madonna
Nightwish
Tarja

During 2015, i attended four concerts and every artist i've seen live is nominated for the Mammy for 'Best Live Act' . The act i enjoyed the most and made the best concert will win. Previous winners are Within Temptation. That category exists since 2015.

Grimes
Jasmine Thompson
Marina Kaye
Meghan Trainor
Zara Larsson

The Mammy for 'Best New Artist' is for every artist, who released a single and/or an album and/or an EP during 2015, no matter of its genre. The artist must be a new one or must have had his first entry ever on my charts during 2015. The artist which had the biggest impact on me and is the most promising one will win. Previous winners are Sam Smith, Ariana Grande, Loreen, Bruno Mars and Ke$ha. That category exists since 2011.

Anette Olzon
Ariana Grande
Björk
Blackmore’s Night
Hilary Duff
Lena
Madonna
Nightwish
Selena Gomez
Within Temptation

The ten most played artists during 2015 are nominted for the Mammy for 'Best Airplay Artist', no matter if their played stuff was released during 2015 or not. Not the artist with the most plays will win, but the one that got played all the time during that year and had the biggest impact on my daily life through this. Previous winners are Within Temptation and Kerli. That category exists since 2014.

Adele – Hello
Ariana Grande – One Last Time
Ciara – Dance Like We’re Making Love
CL – Hello Bitches
Lana Del Rey – High By The Beach
Lena – Traffic Lights
Lindsey Stirling – Take Flight
Major Lazer ft. Ellie Goulding & Tarrus Riley - Powerful
Nightwish – Élan
Zara Larsson & MNEK – Never Forget You

The Mammy for 'Best Music Video' is for every music video, which was released during 2015. The best music video wins. Previous winners are "G.U.Y." by Lady GaGa and "Work Bitch" by Britney Spears. That category exists since 2014.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sat May 14, 2016 12:23 pm

So all nominees are revealed now!

I know this has been messy but i'd love to see some guesses, or even some votes for the reader's choice categories.

Winners are being revealed tomorrow or on monday :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon May 16, 2016 12:59 pm

Mammy Awards 2016 - Winners

Same Old Love by Selena Gomez

Warriors by Imagine Dragons

Sounds Like Heaven by Marina Kaye ft. Lindsey Stirling

Breathe In. Breathe Out. by Hilary Duff

Take Flight by Lindsey Stirling

Inna by Inna

My Silver Lining by First Aid Kit

Vulnicura by Björk