HaskaWuga's Favourite Anggun Songs - FINISHED

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby HaskaWuga » Wed May 25, 2016 1:43 pm

WELCOME TO MY ANGGUN COUNTDOWN :D :D :D

WHO IS ANGGUN?
Anggun, an Indonesian little girl who started her career at age 9 in 1986, who shortly become a rock superstar in her home country. So many hits she scored during her prime in her entire career, but that not make her satisfied. In 1994, she left her home country for her dream to become an international singer with limited money she got after sell her records company. She moved to UK to start it again from zero, no one knows her. Though, It was not as easy as it looks now. No one accept her demos, no one want to sign her. She was going to back to her home country but she obviously don't want back with empty hands. "When a door closed, the other one must be open" she said. That's why she decided to move to Netherlands, but suddenly decided to stopped in France, and this is where it started. A very famous producer, Erick Benzi (in fact, Celine Dion's producer that time), helped her to sign to Colombia records. She contracted to make both English and France albums.

S T A R T E D S O O N
Last edited by HaskaWuga on Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:28 pm, edited 14 times in total.
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Wed May 25, 2016 2:30 pm

I'm looking forward to your countdown :D Can't really predict anything since you're the biggest Anggun fan on UKMIX and you probably love nearly every Anggun song :lol:
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby MrRager » Wed May 25, 2016 2:52 pm

YASSSSS!! This better not be a Trainwreck like Alice's One Direction countdown! :lol:

Undress Me, Perfect World, Open Your Heart, Right Place Right Time and Snow On The Sahara for Top 5! But I already know what is no.1 :cry:
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby HaskaWuga » Wed May 25, 2016 3:09 pm

SilentDream wrote:I'm looking forward to your countdown :D Can't really predict anything since you're the biggest Anggun fan on UKMIX and you probably love nearly every Anggun song :lol:
Thanks! That's true tbh I love every song :lol:

MrRager wrote:YASSSSS!! This better not be a Trainwreck like Alice's One Direction countdown! :lol:

Undress Me, Perfect World, Open Your Heart, Right Place Right Time and Snow On The Sahara for Top 5! But I already know what is no.1 :cry:
It wont :lol: :lol: Alice's countdown was a mess!! Let's see!! :D
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby thankfulforkelly » Wed May 25, 2016 3:14 pm

YAS BISH MY BODY IS READY
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Manager

Postby Airwrecka » Wed May 25, 2016 3:15 pm

Snow On The Sahara >>>>>> 8-)

Looking forward to discovering some new gems.
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby HaskaWuga » Wed May 25, 2016 4:31 pm

thankfulforkelly wrote:YAS BISH MY BODY IS READY
Airwrecka wrote:Snow On The Sahara >>>>>> 8-)

Looking forward to discovering some new gems.
Thanks guys! I hope y'all will like some songs!! I'm so excited and kind of nervous too :oops: :D I think I'll start this tomorrow
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby GetBack » Thu May 26, 2016 2:21 am

Yay! :D :D
GetBack
Legend

Postby HaskaWuga » Thu May 26, 2016 12:20 pm

GetBack wrote:Yay! :D :D
:D :D

#20 and #19 coming in minutes
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby HaskaWuga » Thu May 26, 2016 12:23 pm

20. Open Your Heart
The title track from her soundtrack album for a Danish film, Open Your Heart. Great one! This is the first out of 2 entries from Open Your Heart soundtrack! :D LISTEN HERE
19. Only Love / Mon Meilleur D'Amour / Hanyalah Cinta
One of Anggun's song that have 3 version of different language. The English and Indonesian version served as the lead single from Anggun's 2011 album Echoes while the French one released as Promotional single, while Je Partiraj released as the lead single. Oh and anyway, this has ever won Ukmix Song Contest! :lol: :lol: That make me think y'all will like this song :wink: It has 2 version music video. The english and indonesian mvs are same but the French one is different with a different arrangement too. The french mv is probably my fav mv from her! :D ENGLISH MV & FRENCH MV
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby MrRager » Thu May 26, 2016 12:27 pm

Open Your Heart is too low. This could actually end up as messy as Alice's 1D thread :lol:

Don't think I've heard Only Love and it's not on Spotify :cry:
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby MrRager » Thu May 26, 2016 12:31 pm

Only Love is good!!
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby HaskaWuga » Thu May 26, 2016 12:36 pm

MrRager wrote:Open Your Heart is too low. This could actually end up as messy as Alice's 1D thread :lol:

Don't think I've heard Only Love and it's not on Spotify :cry:
No, nothing can be as messy as Alice's 1D thread! Even AL6 can't! :lol:

MrRager wrote:Only Love is good!!
Yeay, glad you like it! :D did you see the mv? She looked really good there (in both version)
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby MrRager » Thu May 26, 2016 12:41 pm

HaskaWuga wrote:
MrRager wrote:Only Love is good!!
Yeay, glad you like it! :D did you see the mv? She looked really good there (in both version)
Yeah I saw the English video. She looks awesome!
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby SilentDream » Thu May 26, 2016 4:09 pm

Both songs are really good, wouldn't mind if they were higher in your countdown :lol:

Which version of "Only Love" do you prefer? I personally think that the French version is the best. :D
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby MrRager » Thu May 26, 2016 4:13 pm

I'm so shocked that Mimpay is only Bubbling under :o
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Gravity » Fri May 27, 2016 7:17 am

I love Open Your Heart! Only Love is really good too.
Gravity
Superstar

Postby HaskaWuga » Fri May 27, 2016 8:55 am

SilentDream wrote:Both songs are really good, wouldn't mind if they were higher in your countdown :lol:

Which version of "Only Love" do you prefer? I personally think that the French version is the best. :D
They are! :D I think you'll like the higher songs even more :wink: :D

I prefer the French version too! Especially the new version :D What do you think of the music video tho? Like I said, the french version is probably my fav mv from her

MrRager wrote:I'm so shocked that Mimpay is only Bubbling under :o
Mimpay :lol: :lol: I forgot to say : Indonesian songs won't be included in this countdown :D

Gravity wrote:I love Open Your Heart! Only Love is really good too.
Glad you like them :D
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Fri May 27, 2016 9:06 am

HaskaWuga wrote:What do you think of the music video tho? Like I said, the french version is probably my fav mv from her
Yeah, the French version also has a much better music video than the English version. I wouldn't say it's my favorite music video from Anggun, but it's still very good. :D
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby HaskaWuga » Fri May 27, 2016 3:09 pm

SilentDream wrote:
HaskaWuga wrote:What do you think of the music video tho? Like I said, the french version is probably my fav mv from her
Yeah, the French version also has a much better music video than the English version. I wouldn't say it's my favorite music video from Anggun, but it's still very good. :D
Great! :D

#18 - #17 coming now
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby HaskaWuga » Fri May 27, 2016 3:10 pm

18. Saviour / Cesse La Pluie / Mantra
Second single from Anggun's third international album, Luminescence. Also served as the main soundtrack from Transporter 2. You know, the only song by Asian artist to be a main soundtrack from a hollywood movie, I'm so proud for it! :wink: The Indonesian version, Mantra was quiet a hit, even if the mv was not allowed to shown here that time. I tried this song on album cup but seems like most people don't like it :lol: For me, the French version is the best! And, she looked so hot in the video. ENGLISH MV & A LIVE PERFORMANCE OF THE FRENCH VERSION (one of her best perfomance ever imo)
17. A Rose in the Wind / La Rose des vents / Kembali
If Saviour is the second single from her third album, this one is the second single from her first album. Also served as the lead single in South East Asia with the Indonesian version, A little story behind the music video, Anggun cried when she filmed the video because must watered by really cold water in 4 AM for one of the scene in it! MUSIC VIDEO
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby Airwrecka » Fri May 27, 2016 5:31 pm

#justiceforWimpy :cry:

❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby SilentDream » Fri May 27, 2016 9:55 pm

I'm not a big fan of "Saviour" to be honest.
"A Rose in the Wind" isn't one of my favorite Anggun songs either, but it's still a decent song which deserves to be in the Top 20.
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby MrRager » Sat May 28, 2016 4:17 pm

Saviour has always been just ok for me. It's not bad but it's not as good as no.19 and 20 :wink:

I have A Rose In The Wind but it's the Chris Lord Alge Remix. I like it! The verses are just ok but that chorus :cry: Is this the same one as the video? Let me check the video out now...

The Video version sounds similar but the quality is just lower I think? The quality I have is amazing.
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby MrRager » Sat May 28, 2016 4:18 pm

Airwrecka wrote:#justiceforWimpy :cry:

OMfG I used to love WIMPY so much! :lol:
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Return to Personal Charts