HaskaWuga's Favourite Anggun Songs - FINISHED

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Gravity » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:54 pm

HaskaWuga wrote:Anyway, the I'll Be Alright video is like 10 years old and I feel like she still look the same :o
Asian women don't age! :lol: My neighbours are Chinese, the grandma is well over 60 but she doesn't look a day older than 45 :o
Gravity
Superstar

Postby MrRager » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:59 pm

I'll listen to the 3 songs tomorrow and give my opinion :D

RIGHT PLACE, RIGHT TIME OR PERFECT WORLD FOR NO.1
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby HaskaWuga » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:01 pm

Gravity wrote:
HaskaWuga wrote:Anyway, the I'll Be Alright video is like 10 years old and I feel like she still look the same :o
Asian women don't age! :lol: My neighbours are Chinese, the grandma is well over 60 but she doesn't look a day older than 45 :o
:lol: :lol: if that's the case, every woman would want to be an Asian women then
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby HaskaWuga » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:01 pm

MrRager wrote:I'll listen to the 3 songs tomorrow and give my opinion :D

RIGHT PLACE, RIGHT TIME OR PERFECT WORLD FOR NO.1
Yesss I hope you'll like all of them!!

Let's see then!! :D
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:27 pm

Both songs are amazing :D I completely forgot about "Juste Avant Toi", it's really great.
And "Blue Satellite" is one of my favorite Anggun songs anyway, I absolutely love it.
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby HaskaWuga » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:35 pm

SilentDream wrote:Both songs are amazing :D I completely forgot about "Juste Avant Toi", it's really great.
And "Blue Satellite" is one of my favorite Anggun songs anyway, I absolutely love it.
Yesss!! Glad you really like both songs :D

Number 8 will come today :D
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby MrRager » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:47 pm

Buy Me Happiness is really good! :o :cry: LA LA LA LA LA LAAA ALL OF THOSE FANCY THINGSSS. Love the transition from the verses to the chorus. One of my favourites so far :o

Blue Satelite is average/good! Acoustic and Pop/Rock ish. Is there many songs from her like this? Open Your Heart >>> though.

I like I'll Be Alright. I've actually got that one on my iTunes.. It's on the Greatest Hits (Italian Retail edition) :D Her voice is really good especially at some points during this song!!
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby HaskaWuga » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:03 pm

MrRager wrote:Buy Me Happiness is really good! :o :cry: LA LA LA LA LA LAAA ALL OF THOSE FANCY THINGSSS. Love the transition from the verses to the chorus. One of my favourites so far :o

Blue Satelite is average/good! Acoustic and Pop/Rock ish. Is there many songs from her like this? Open Your Heart >>> though.

I like I'll Be Alright. I've actually got that one on my iTunes.. It's on the Greatest Hits (Italian Retail edition) :D Her voice is really good especially at some points during this song!!
Yessssss glad you like it!! And I forgot to say yeahh that transition from the verses to the chorus is amazing!!

I don't think she has many songs like that, but maybe I'm forgetting some.. "The End Of a Story" came to my mind though..

:D :D she sounded great in that song!
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby HaskaWuga » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:13 pm

8. Right Place, Right Time (ft. Indyana) [Official Theme for Dreamfield Bali 2014]
I really loveeeeeee this song!! I remember when it was going to be released and I became so excited because it was her first song in years<3 :cry: When It released, I played it like crazy and got bored of the song after like 1 week :lol: But yeah I recovered my love for this song and still love it very much today :D I love how it started with piano and her beautiful vocal until then the beat kicks in <3 "doesn't matter what they're saying, It only matters that we made it" LISTEN HERE
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby HaskaWuga » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:15 pm

Anyway, mark my words, Right Place Right Time would be big hit if it was produced by some popular djs like David Guetta
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby MrRager » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:16 pm

I'm logging out and won't be back in this thread again.
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby HaskaWuga » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:23 pm

MrRager wrote:I'm logging out and won't be back in this thread again.
:lol: :lol: :lol: doooontttttt

I'm sure I really want it to be higher too :cry: :cry:
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby MrRager » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:25 pm

HaskaWuga wrote:

haha well why don't you put it higher?

I remember you randomly posted this ages ago in The Random Thought Thread saying "The best song of 2013" I think it was! :lol: So I listened to it and loved it! It actually sounds like such a smash. I agree with you about the DJ thing.
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby HaskaWuga » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:38 pm

MrRager wrote:
HaskaWuga wrote:

haha well why don't you put it higher?

I remember you randomly posted this ages ago in The Random Thought Thread saying "The best song of 2013" I think it was! :lol: So I listened to it and loved it! It actually sounds like such a smash. I agree with you about the DJ thing.
Because I love the other songs more :(

Haha yeah I remember it! Actually I'm not sure if it's my fav song :lol: but it was my most played song I believe. So glad my promo has got you that time :P
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:09 pm

You guys are really exaggerating :lol: "Right Place, Right Time" is nice, but far away from her best songs. It would have been a shame if it had been your #1 on our countdown. Don't get me wrong, it's a really solid song and I like it, but in my opinion it's nothing special.
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby Gravity » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:22 pm

Never knew this song exists :o
Gonna go listen now
Gravity
Superstar

Postby HaskaWuga » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:28 pm

SilentDream wrote:You guys are really exaggerating :lol: "Right Place, Right Time" is nice, but far away from her best songs. It would have been a shame if it had been your #1 on our countdown. Don't get me wrong, it's a really solid song and I like it, but in my opinion it's nothing special.
We're like that sometimes and I love it<3 :lol: :lol:
I get what you mean tho :D

Gravity wrote:Never knew this song exists :o
Gonna go listen now
Hope you'll like it!! It's amazing :D
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby HaskaWuga » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:55 pm

7. Want You To Want Me / Tu Nages
A LYRICAL MASTERPIECE!!!!!!! OMG I really love the lyrics, the melody, everything! This song has such a very very very deep message! Actually Anggun wrote this song for her hard stan from Italy. He always follows Anggun everywhere she goes, leave flowers and letters for her , he knew Anggun's adress etc. Until one day he suddenly stopped it, no more flowers or letters or everything else :( Anggun don't know where he is and started miss him so she wrote this song for him :( Wherever he is now, I hope he's okay and I thank him because he made this song happen... LISTEN HERE
Some of my fav line from the lyrics anyway:
"I hope yo knows who am I, through all the letters I have sent you"
"Two different worlds between us, you're on the spotlight, far from my touch. I can't wait here forever"
"Should've close my mind, should've known that this love can't go any further"
"Should've stopped myself from this dream cause this life will never want you to want me. Even in my dreams.."

And by the way, Celine Dion covered the french version of this song (Tu Nages) for her french album 1 Fille & 4 Type. Here's a fan edited duet version of Anggun & Celine, enjoy! :D
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:02 pm

I didn't know that song, but I've just listened to it. Sounds really beautiful. :)
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby Gravity » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:48 pm

I was wondering when is Chrysalis' time to shine :lol:
I love Want You To Want Me, one of the best songs on that album. The lyrics are beautiful.
Btw, I listened to Right Place, Right Time and I like it. It's nothing special though, but I need a couple more listens.
Gravity
Superstar

Postby HaskaWuga » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:09 pm

Thanks fot the comment :D

SilentDream wrote:I didn't know that song, but I've just listened to it. Sounds really beautiful. :)
Great you like it! :D haven't you hear Chrysalis tho?

Gravity wrote:I was wondering when is Chrysalis' time to shine :lol:
I love Want You To Want Me, one of the best songs on that album. The lyrics are beautiful.
Btw, I listened to Right Place, Right Time and I like it. It's nothing special though, but I need a couple more listens.
Oh yeah just realized that Want You To Want Me is the first Chrysalis song!! :lol: :lol: Actually some others Chrysalis songs (like Broken Dreams, Look Into Yourself and title track) were in the top 20 but they didn't make the cut :cry: I'll mention them in honorable mention tho :wink: :D
Great! It was a grower for me too, and as far I can remember it didn't take long to grow on me, maybe just after 5 listens..

I think number 6 will come tomorrow :D
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:04 pm

HaskaWuga wrote:
SilentDream wrote:I didn't know that song, but I've just listened to it. Sounds really beautiful. :)
I didn't listen to every song on the Chrysalis album and it was already some time ago so I don't really remember the songs which I didn't like because I never listened to them again. :lol:
I'd love to see "Marcher sur la mer" in your countdown though, it's one of my favorites from the Chrysalis album.
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby HaskaWuga » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:42 am

SilentDream wrote:
HaskaWuga wrote:
I didn't listen to every song on the Chrysalis album and it was already some time ago so I don't really remember the songs which I didn't like because I never listened to them again. :lol:
I'd love to see "Marcher sur la mer" in your countdown though, it's one of my favorites from the Chrysalis album.
Oh that's alright :wink: :D
I really love that song too but I didn't include it in my countdown because it doesn't have english version unfortunately :(
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby HaskaWuga » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:34 pm

6. Year of The Snake / L'année du serpent
Another album track from Echoes and I can tell you that this is the highest ranked song from Echoes! :D I really love this song and it's been my fav from Echoes since the first time I hear Echoes :D LISTEN HERE
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby Gravity » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:28 pm

I'm getting into Echoes right now, Year Of The Snake already sounds like a highlight!
Gravity
Superstar

Return to Personal Charts