HaskaWuga's Favourite Anggun Songs - FINISHED

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby MrRager » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:20 pm

I like Want You To Want Me but I couldn't really get into it for some reason. Her vocals were good and the verses were nice but something seems missing. Maybe it will grow on me!

Year Of The Snake is better! That Chorus :cry:
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby MrRager » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:23 pm

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISING
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby SilentDream » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:51 pm

"L'anneé du serpent" is great. There's not much fuss about it - it's just a simple but satisfying and solid song. I like it. :)
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby HaskaWuga » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:01 pm

I'll update this in upcoming hours, we'll hit top 5!! :cry: Let's celebrate with watch this video :cry: :D

QUEEN<3
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby HaskaWuga » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:51 pm

Thanks so much for the comments :D

Gravity wrote:I'm getting into Echoes right now, Year Of The Snake already sounds like a highlight!
Yess!! Even tho Echoes isn't my fav album of hers, it's a really great album. It has some amazing song but Year Of The Snake is my fav :D

MrRager wrote:I like Want You To Want Me but I couldn't really get into it for some reason. Her vocals were good and the verses were nice but something seems missing. Maybe it will grow on me!

Year Of The Snake is better! That Chorus :cry:
Haha! Yeah I remember when I recomended that song for you for the first time and you said it's not one of your fav :D I hope It'll grow on you tho!

Yes glad you like Year Of The Snake!! That "riiiiisssiiiiiingggggg" part is amazing<3 :cry:

SilentDream wrote:"L'anneé du serpent" is great. There's not much fuss about it - it's just a simple but satisfying and solid song. I like it. :)
Great you like it :D
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby HaskaWuga » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:52 pm

5. Surrender
One of Anggun's best album track. It's so... soft, relaxing. This has been one of my fav from Luminescence since day one. One of her best ballad for sure! I really love when she sings "too scare to make you stay" and then the chorus starts :cry: LISTEN HERE
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby Gravity » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:14 pm

Surrender is in my Top 5 too <3
Such a gorgeous song, the melody is breathtakingly beautiful :cry: :cry: :cry: #Luminescenceislife
Gravity
Superstar

Postby SilentDream » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:52 pm

Nice song, but I'm still waiting for a song from "Toujours un ailleurs". :lol:
I wanna see atleast "À Nos Enfants" or "Perfect World".
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby HaskaWuga » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:13 pm

Gravity wrote:Surrender is in my Top 5 too <3
Such a gorgeous song, the melody is breathtakingly beautiful :cry: :cry: :cry: #Luminescenceislife
Yesssssssss!!! Exactly what I thought :D Anyway, talking about Luminescence, the next song will be from Luminescence too and funily enough, it'll be the highest rank Luminescence song :o

SilentDream wrote:Nice song, but I'm still waiting for a song from "Toujours un ailleurs". :lol:
I wanna see atleast "À Nos Enfants" or "Perfect World".
You know I'm not the biggest Toujours un ailleurs fan, but you won't be dissapointed anyway 8-)
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby MrRager » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:21 pm

Surrender made me :cry: The start of it was funny and then it just changed :lol: I like it but I prefer a lot of other songs that are lower.

Looking forward to the Top 4 :wink:
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby HaskaWuga » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:55 pm

MrRager wrote:Surrender made me :cry: The start of it was funny and then it just changed :lol: I like it but I prefer a lot of other songs that are lower.

Looking forward to the Top 4 :wink:
Did it make you (ooohhhhhhhh)? :cry: Yeah the start is bit weird but I love it :lol:
I hope you'll like all 4 songs that are coming!
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby HaskaWuga » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:04 pm

4. In Your Mind / Etre Une Femme (ft. Diam's)
The highest charting song from "Luminescence"! This has always been one of my favourite from her!! 8-) BOP BOP BOP!!! This was the lead single from Luminescence and was something unusual for her back then. However, it reached number 16 on French Singles Chart became her second and so far last top 20 single and tying Snow On The Sahara as her highest charting song in France! :P The French itself is even hotter, it has a radio edit feature Diam's and it's really hot!! So, as my last sentece, let me quoted what Flopho said about this song, "Eternal bop!" 8-) LISTEN HERE
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby Gravity » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:54 pm

The first song of hers I've ever heard :D
Such a bop! I love the Indian vibes remix of it too!
Gravity
Superstar

Postby MrRager » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:11 pm

In Your Mind is too high! I like it but its a bit messy. The production is real cool in parts though.

This and A Rose In The Wind should change positions!
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby MrRager » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:12 pm

Year Of The Snake isn't on Spotify! :evil:
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby MrRager » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:17 pm

Btw I'll Be Alright really grew on me :o I love it now!
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Gravity » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:23 pm

MrRager wrote:Btw I'll Be Alright really grew on me :o I love it now!
Happened to me with Rose In The Wind :D
Gravity
Superstar

Postby SilentDream » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:04 pm

I'm a bit disappointed tbh. I'm not a big fan of In Your Mind.

Anyway, I have no idea which song will be your #1. I'm pretty sure Perfect World is in the Top 3 and maybe even À Nos Enfants, but your #1 will definitely be something different and not one of those two songs.
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby HaskaWuga » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:04 pm

Thanks so much for the comments :D

Gravity wrote:The first song of hers I've ever heard :D
Such a bop! I love the Indian vibes remix of it too!
So the song did introduce Anggun to you? Then I should thank the song for that :P Did you hear it because Album Cup tho?
I think the Indian remix is bit messy but it's funny :lol:

MrRager wrote:In Your Mind is too high! I like it but its a bit messy. The production is real cool in parts though.

This and A Rose In The Wind should change positions!
Haha! I hope it'll grow on you anyway :D

MrRager wrote:Year Of The Snake isn't on Spotify! :evil:
Year Of The Snake and it's album (Echoes) is not even in Apple Music in Indonesia. Furtunately, It's in Spotify tho.. :cry:

Gravity wrote:
MrRager wrote:Btw I'll Be Alright really grew on me :o I love it now!
Happened to me with Rose In The Wind :D
OMG those songs are growing on you too<3 :D

SilentDream wrote:I'm a bit disappointed tbh. I'm not a big fan of In Your Mind.

Anyway, I have no idea which song will be your #1. I'm pretty sure Perfect World is in the Top 3 and maybe even À Nos Enfants, but your #1 will definitely be something different and not one of those two songs.
Oh, really? I hope the top 3 won't dissapoint you tho :(

Haha! If you don't have idea, I'll give you a little clue anyway :P Both my number one and two are songs from the earlier works. It wrote bu Erick Benzi :D You will know the number 3 in minites anyway so I don't have to give a clue :P
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby HaskaWuga » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:09 pm

3. Perfect World
OMG this song is new and I love it so much!! She teased it for so long with some snippets etc but I never been impressed by the snippets until I heard the song in full for the first time. Everytime I remember this song, I just wanna scream IN A PERFECT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRLLDDDD!! Incredible :cry: :cry: I won't say it's impossible if this song someday climb as my fav Anggun song, anything could happen! Anyway; the French Accoustic version of this is amazing as well! LISTEN HERE
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby Gravity » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:45 pm

I discovered Anggun via Album Cup :lol: In Your Mind waa the first song there and I was instantly hooked. Her voice/presence is truly captivating.

Omg I love Perfect World! I'm not really a fan of Toujours Un Allieurs (probably because I can only understand 40% of the lyrics) but Perfect World is sooo good. One of her best songs.
Gravity
Superstar

Postby MrRager » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:22 pm

My heart just sank! I won't be back here.
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby SilentDream » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:09 am

This song is definitely not a disappointment. :D Perfect World is really great.

I still have no idea which songs will be on #2 and #1, so it will be a surprise.
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby HaskaWuga » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:29 pm

Thanks for the comments!!

Gravity wrote:I discovered Anggun via Album Cup :lol: In Your Mind waa the first song there and I was instantly hooked. Her voice/presence is truly captivating.

Omg I love Perfect World! I'm not really a fan of Toujours Un Allieurs (probably because I can only understand 40% of the lyrics) but Perfect World is sooo good. One of her best songs.
So at least it's not useless that I submit Luminescence in album cup<3 :D

Me too! I'm not a fan of Toujours Un Ailleurs either, it has some nice songs but as a whole it's just decent for me. I'm waiting for thhe english version!!

MrRager wrote:My heart just sank! I won't be back here.
Sorry :cry: :cry:

Let's grooveeee tooonigghhttt
Share the spice of life
Baby slice it right
We’re gonna groove tonight
Let this groove get you to move
It’s alright (alright) alright

SilentDream wrote:This song is definitely not a disappointment. :D Perfect World is really great.

I still have no idea which songs will be on #2 and #1, so it will be a surprise.
Yes, I know you love it 8-) :D

I hope you'll like the top 2!!
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby HaskaWuga » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:44 pm

2. Snow On The Sahara / La Neige Au Sahara
Her biggest hit, timeless, lyrical masterpiece. Ughh I just cannot say a single bad thing about this song. Lyrically, it's perfect. I haven't born when the song released but from what I read, I feel so proud for her. This was phenomenal in my country back then. Anggun left Indonesia in 1994 and who knew in 1997 she already came out with this song!! The first song by an Indonesian to chart in other countries, most notably in Europe (France, Switzerland, Italy, Spain etc). The song has wrote it's own history, well for my country or maybe for an Asian at least. So proud to be her stan. "And if we burn away, I'll pray to skies above, for snow to fall on the Sahara" LISTEN HERE
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Return to Personal Charts