alestevens' Weekly Chart - Farewell

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby alestevens » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:59 pm

Tansike wrote:Oh so i hope she can win you back with "Make Me" :)

Haha i think you're not the only one feeling that way with "Me Too". There were several people disliking it but now they're liking it. It's just too catchy i guess. Glad it's becoming another big hit for her - i was worried it would be her first single that flops :oops:

Funny you mentioned "Finders Keepers" cause i was listening to the first CD around an hour ago and kinda 'discovered' "Finders Keepers" (i never really paid that much attention to it somehow). Speaking about the album... looking at your charts you're not a big fan of "Handwritten"? It's one of my clear faves... :oops:

Glad "Great Escape" is smashing. The difference from its plays to the rest is incredible :o

Also, as a huge fan of "Kill Em With Kindness", i really love to see its Top10 appearance.
I loved "Pretty Girls" and its music video. I also love the Piece Of Me show and her performance at the BBMAs. So i'm almost sure i'll end up liking "Make Me". But i don't think i'll be "stanning" for her, i'll just play the music and cheer for her, but that's it!

When i first heard "Me Too" i thought that she couldn't be serious with that single. I was expecting it to miss the Top 40 altogether... But there she is, at #3 on iTunes :lol:

I love "Lo Que Tu Alma Escribe" ("Handwritten" too, but not nearly as much). But piano ballads kinda have a high burnout rate with me, i can't listen to them too often because i kind of get bored. Either way i still like it. The only song i could say hasn't clicked with me yet (judging by amount of overall plays) is "Don't Cry For Me". I like it, but i rarely feel like playing it!

And yes, i'm impressed about Great Escape too. This week i'm kinda slowing down (not only with Great Escape, i feel like everything is having less plays so far than it did last week), but with the music video coming this Friday, i'm sure i'll play it non-stop.

I love "Kill Em With Kindness". I feel like the music video is finally clicking with me so i may play it more often, but i really can't predict lol!
alestevens
Roadie

Postby alestevens » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:03 am

Chart from July 4th to July 10th:

Songs:

01. (YouTube) TINI - Great Escape (184)
02. (YouTube) Carlos Vives & Shakira - La Bicicleta (17)
03. (YouTube) TINI - My Stupid Heart (12)
04. (YouTube) Cher - Believe (7)
05. (YouTube) TINI - Finders Keepers (6)
06. (YouTube) Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms (5)
07. (YouTube) TINI - Siempre Brillaras (Born To Shine) (5)
08. (YouTube) Lali - Soy (5)
09. (YouTube) TINI - All You Gotta Do (4)
10. (YouTube) TINI - Got Me Started (4)
11. (YouTube) TINI - Lo Que Tu Alma Escribe (Handwritten) (4)
12. (YouTube) Meghan Trainor - Me Too (4)
13. (YouTube) Guilherme Arantes - Cheia De Charme (3)
14. (YouTube) Ritchie - Menina Veneno (3)
15. (YouTube) TINI - Sigo Adelante (Still Standing) (3)

Bubbling Under:

Taylor Swift - Blank Space (2)
TINI - Dont Cry For Me (2)
TINI - En Mi Mundo (from "Violetta") (2)
TINI - Losing The Love (2)
Maxi Trusso - Nothing At All (2)
Nicky Jam - With You Tonight (Hasta El Amanecer) (2)

Albums:

01. TINI - TINI (Martina Stoessel) (228)
02. Cher - Believe (7)
03. Cutting Crew - Broadcast (5)
04. Lali - Soy (5)
05. Meghan Trainor - Thank You (4)
alestevens
Roadie

Postby Tansike » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:27 am

Oh you loved "Pretty Girls"? :o I'm a pretty big fan of her usually but i thought "Pretty Girls" was very weak for her standards :oops:
Anyway, it looks like we will get "Make Me" this week as there are some clips leaking, and they sound pretty good!

True... i thought "Me Too" would be a hit or a big flop, glad it's turning out to be a hit :lol:

I'd call "Don't Cry For Me" as one of my least faves as well. But to be honest i think most of the album is on a similar level, and that's a good level.

Expected #1 this week! :D
Glad she finally released the video for "Great Escape", which is even a good one. I don't see this being a hit everywhere but i hope it's at least a moderate one in some countries, as it deserves some success. Have to check out your #2 though as i haven't heard it yet, but i already read a lot about it (especially because Shakira's promoting it on her facebook page)

Nice to see the entries for Cher & Meghan, and obviously also all the ones for Tini.
Tansike
Legend

Postby alestevens » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:55 am

Tansike wrote:Oh you loved "Pretty Girls"? :o I'm a pretty big fan of her usually but i thought "Pretty Girls" was very weak for her standards :oops:
Anyway, it looks like we will get "Make Me" this week as there are some clips leaking, and they sound pretty good!

True... i thought "Me Too" would be a hit or a big flop, glad it's turning out to be a hit :lol:

I'd call "Don't Cry For Me" as one of my least faves as well. But to be honest i think most of the album is on a similar level, and that's a good level.

Expected #1 this week! :D
Glad she finally released the video for "Great Escape", which is even a good one. I don't see this being a hit everywhere but i hope it's at least a moderate one in some countries, as it deserves some success. Have to check out your #2 though as i haven't heard it yet, but i already read a lot about it (especially because Shakira's promoting it on her facebook page)

Nice to see the entries for Cher & Meghan, and obviously also all the ones for Tini.
I don't know. I found Pretty Girls to be quite good and catchy. Not one of my favorite singles by Britney but it was good in my opinion. Only thing i'm mad about is that they didn't release Tom's Diner as a single because of this song. They should have released both and call it a day!

I know. There's something about Dont Cry For Me that just doesn't interest me as much as the other songs do. But it's still fine and i like it, just not as much!

Regarding Great Escape, it most likely won't be a hit anywhere outside of Argentina or Radio Disney for as long as Hollywood Records / Universal keep failing to give it an adds date anywhere :lol:

And i love La Bicicleta, hope you can give it a try later. It's quite catchy and danceable yet it has a relaxing, chill vibe at the same time. It's very special in my opinion! :)
alestevens
Roadie

Postby alestevens » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:44 am

Chart from July 11th to July 17th:

Songs:

01. (YouTube) TINI - Great Escape (77)
02. (YouTube) Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl (21)
03. (YouTube) Calvin Harris & Rihanna - This Is What You Came For (17)
04. (YouTube) Carlos Vives & Shakira - La Bicicleta (13)
05. (YouTube) Cher - Believe (11)
06. (YouTube) Taylor Swift - Shake It Off (10)
07. (YouTube) TINI - My Stupid Heart (8)
08. (YouTube) TINI - Siempre Brillaras (Born To Shine) (8)
09. (YouTube) Britney Spears - Make Me (7)
10. (YouTube) Taylor Swift - Blank Space (6)
11. (YouTube) Luciano Pereyra & TINI - Tu Dolor (6)
12. (YouTube) Kudai - Ya Nada Queda (6)
13. (YouTube) Selena Gomez & The Scene - Un Año Sin Lluvia (A Year Without Rain) (5)
14. (YouTube) Katy Perry - Rise (5)
15. (YouTube) The Chainsmokers & Daya - Don't Let Me Down (4)
16. (YouTube) TINI - Lo Que Tu Alma Escribe (Handwritten) (4)
17. (YouTube) TINI - Losing The Love (4)

Bubbling Under:

Floricienta - Mi Vestido Azul (3)
TINI - Sigo Adelante (Still Standing) (3)
Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape (3)

Albums:

01. TINI - TINI (Martina Stoessel) (111)
02. Taylor Swift - 1989 (22)
03. Gwen Stefani - Love. Angel. Music. Baby (21)
04. Cher - Believe (11)
05. Luciano Pereyra - Tu Mano (6)
06. Kudai - Vuelo (6)
alestevens
Roadie

Postby Tansike » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:02 am

Oh totally forgot "Tom's Diner"! I think that was quite strong, surprised they didn't release it... i thought they actually did and it just flopped :oops:

I'm surprised HR still sucks when it comes to handle an era in a good way. It was already the same years ago with Miley, Selena, Demi and now it's still that way with Martina. I hope she can get out of that contract sooner or later as she's got lots of potential IMO.

"Great Escape" still smashing on the current charts :o I think this is a big contender for a YEC #1 8-)

Great and surprising entry for Gwen's "Hollaback Girl". I've seen a short clip of her performance of this on the Today Show which sounded pretty good. I wish she would tour outside the US as well, i'd love to see her on tour :(

Also love the entries for Chainsmokers, Britney, Katy and Selena :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby alestevens » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:45 am

Tansike wrote:Oh totally forgot "Tom's Diner"! I think that was quite strong, surprised they didn't release it... i thought they actually did and it just flopped :oops:

I'm surprised HR still sucks when it comes to handle an era in a good way. It was already the same years ago with Miley, Selena, Demi and now it's still that way with Martina. I hope she can get out of that contract sooner or later as she's got lots of potential IMO.

"Great Escape" still smashing on the current charts :o I think this is a big contender for a YEC #1 8-)

Great and surprising entry for Gwen's "Hollaback Girl". I've seen a short clip of her performance of this on the Today Show which sounded pretty good. I wish she would tour outside the US as well, i'd love to see her on tour :(

Also love the entries for Chainsmokers, Britney, Katy and Selena :D
No, it wasn't a single. Giorgio Moroder even said the song would never be a single before it came out because Britney and her team actually put that up on the contract :lol:

I honestly feel like i can't complain about Hollywood Records at all. Their efforts for Tini besides their unfortunate history with radio promotion have been actually very good. One can't have it all i guess!

And yeah. I really love Great Escape and it's almost as if i couldn't get bored of it. And with the dance video coming soon, i'm sure it will continue to have great plays :)

And now that you mention it, i think it was watching some videos of her tour that sparked my interest for Hollaback Girl again. The crowd was really feeling the song, it's become such a classic for Gwen 8-)
alestevens
Roadie

Postby alestevens » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:49 am

Chart from July 18th to July 24th:

Songs:

01. (YouTube) TINI - Great Escape (47)
02. (YouTube) Taylor Swift - Blank Space (43)
03. (YouTube) Daryl Hall & John Oates - Maneater (18)
04. (YouTube) Rombai - Yo Te Propongo (14)
06. (YouTube) TINI - Siempre Brillaras (10)
07. (YouTube) TINI - My Stupid Heart (9)
08. (YouTube) TINI - Supercreativa (from "Violetta") (8)
09. (YouTube) Debbie Gibson - Foolish Beat (6)
10. (YouTube) Major Lazer, Justin Bieber & MØ - Cold Water (5)
11. (YouTube) TINI - Lo Que Tu Alma Escribe (5)
12. (YouTube) Rombai - Locuras Contigo (5)
13. (YouTube) TINI - Losing The Love (5)
14. (YouTube) Celine Dion - All By Myself (4)
15. (YouTube) Beyonce - End Of Time (4)
16. (YouTube) Selena Gomez & The Scene - Un Año Sin Lluvia (4)

Bubbling Under:

Die Antwoord - Baby's On Fire (3)
David Guetta & Sam Martin - Dangerous (3)
Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl (3)
Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In You Arms (3)
Shakira & Carlinhos Brown - La La La (Brazil 2014) (3)
Britney Spears - Til It's Gone (3)
F. R. David - Words (3)
Luciano Pereyra & TINI - Tu Dolor (3)
TINI - All You Gotta Do (3)
TINI - Habla Si Puedes (from "Violetta") (3)

Albums:

01. TINI - TINI (Martina Stoessel) (89)
02. Taylor Swift - 1989 (46)
03. Rombai - #DeFiesta (22)
04. Daryn Hall & John Oates - H2O (18)
05. Cher - Believe (13)
alestevens
Roadie

Postby Storyteller » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:39 pm

02. (YouTube) Taylor Swift - Blank Space (43)

Love these songs!!
Blank Space is one of my fav ever Taylor songs!! Glad to see it here.
Believe is a classic, love it!
All By Myself is great, amazing vocal from Celine!
End Of Time is immense!!!!

Welcome to the chart section btw :wink:
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby alestevens » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:41 am

Storyteller wrote:02. (YouTube) Taylor Swift - Blank Space (43)

Love these songs!!
Blank Space is one of my fav ever Taylor songs!! Glad to see it here.
Believe is a classic, love it!
All By Myself is great, amazing vocal from Celine!
End Of Time is immense!!!!

Welcome to the chart section btw :wink:
Thanks for visiting my chart! :D

Yeah, i love Blank Space too. It's one of my favorite Taylor songs, the whole concept of the crazy girlfriend never fails to hook me.

I think End Of Time should have been a single. I only discovered it last year and i think it deserves more recognition!
alestevens
Roadie

Postby Magnus » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:42 pm

alestevens wrote:01. TINI - Great Escape (47)
02. Taylor Swift - Blank Space (43)
03. Daryl Hall & John Oates - Maneater (18)
05. Cher - Believe (11)
06. TINI - Siempre Brillaras (10)
07. TINI - My Stupid Heart (9)
09. Debbie Gibson - Foolish Beat (6)
13. TINI - Losing The Love (5)
14. Celine Dion - All By Myself (4)
I like nearly every song on your chart! Great selection of old songs, especially "Foolish Beat" is one of my favourites from the '80s and also "(I Just) Died in Your Arms" and "Words" from the bubbling under list. Also great top 2 albums!
Magnus
Manager

Postby MrRager » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:54 pm

02. (YouTube) Taylor Swift - Blank Space
05. (YouTube) Cher - Believe
07. (YouTube) TINI - My Stupid Heart
10. (YouTube) Major Lazer, Justin Bieber & MØ - Cold Water

I like these. Lol at Cher - Believe! Classic.
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby alestevens » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:20 pm

Magnus wrote:
alestevens wrote:01. TINI - Great Escape (47)
02. Taylor Swift - Blank Space (43)
03. Daryl Hall & John Oates - Maneater (18)
05. Cher - Believe (11)
06. TINI - Siempre Brillaras (10)
07. TINI - My Stupid Heart (9)
09. Debbie Gibson - Foolish Beat (6)
13. TINI - Losing The Love (5)
14. Celine Dion - All By Myself (4)
I like nearly every song on your chart! Great selection of old songs, especially "Foolish Beat" is one of my favourites from the '80s and also "(I Just) Died in Your Arms" and "Words" from the bubbling under list. Also great top 2 albums!
Debbie Gibson is probably my favorite pop girl from her time. I love her discography: "Foolish Beat", "Lost In Your Eyes", "Red Hot", "Only In My Dreams", "Electric Youth", etc.

And yeah, i'm really here for the oldies. I always end up going back to them from time to time!

MrRager wrote:02. (YouTube) Taylor Swift - Blank Space
05. (YouTube) Cher - Believe
07. (YouTube) TINI - My Stupid Heart
10. (YouTube) Major Lazer, Justin Bieber & MØ - Cold Water

I like these. Lol at Cher - Believe! Classic.
Believe is one of my favorite songs ever. It's one of my prime examples that dance music can be empowering and have great lyrics too :)
alestevens
Roadie

Postby Tansike » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:35 am

Great debut for "Cold Water" this week. It's not as strong as i was hoping for, but it's another good single from Major Lazer!
Quite huge plays for "Blank Space" this week, didn't expect this song to be the competition for "Great Escape" :o

When it comes to the bubbling under list, i really like the songs by David Guetta, Gwen, Shakira, Britney and Tini.
Tansike
Legend

Postby alestevens » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:59 am

Tansike wrote:Great debut for "Cold Water" this week. It's not as strong as i was hoping for, but it's another good single from Major Lazer!
Quite huge plays for "Blank Space" this week, didn't expect this song to be the competition for "Great Escape" :o

When it comes to the bubbling under list, i really like the songs by David Guetta, Gwen, Shakira, Britney and Tini.
Yeah, i didn't expect Blank Space to return like this but i couldn't help it, i needed to have it on loop as i read all the mess about her feud with Kanye :lol:

I'm liking Cold Water. Not as much as i liked his Purpose songs, but i think it will have some longevity :)
alestevens
Roadie

Postby alestevens » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:42 pm

Chart from July 25th to July 31st:

Songs:

01. (YouTube) TINI - Great Escape (252)
02. (YouTube) TINI - Siempre Brillaras (14)
03. (YouTube) Agustin Bernasconi & TINI - Desde Cuando (6)
04. (YouTube) Sabrina Carpenter - On Purpose (6)
05. (YouTube) TINI - All You Gotta Do (3)
06. (YouTube) Major Lazer, Justin Bieber & MØ - Cold Water (3)
07. (YouTube) Meghan Trainor - Me Too (3)
08. (YouTube) Taylor Swift - Shake It Off (3)
09. (YouTube) TINI & Mercedes Lambre - Si Es Por Amor (from "Violetta") (3)
10. (YouTube) Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop (3)

Bubbling Under:

Anitta & Maluma - Sim Ou Ñao (2)
Anton Powers - Love You Better (2)
Charlie Puth & Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore (2)
Daryn Hall & John Oates - Maneater (2)
Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (2)
Miley Cyrus & French Montana - FU (2)
The Chainsmokers & Daya - Don't Let Me Down (2)
TINI - Dont Cry For Me (2)
TINI - Lo Que Tu Alma Escribe (2)
TINI - My Stupid Heart (2)
TINI - Still Standing (2)

Albums:

01. TINI - TINI (Martina Stoessel) (280)
02. Miley Cyrus - Bangerz (7)
00. Taylor Swift - 1989 (4)
04. Violetta - Violetta (4)
05. Meghan Trainor - Thank You (3)
06. Violetta - Hoy Somos Mas (3)
alestevens
Roadie

Postby Tansike » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:37 am

alestevens wrote:Yeah, i didn't expect Blank Space to return like this but i couldn't help it, i needed to have it on loop as i read all the mess about her feud with Kanye :lol:

I'm liking Cold Water. Not as much as i liked his Purpose songs, but i think it will have some longevity :)
:lol: :lol: Well yeah that definitely was a mess, but good for the song then :lol:

Great to hear. I also prefer some of his "Purpose" songs. I'm surprised he didn't get a fourth hit from it...

...wow, 252 plays for "Great Escape" after several weeks at #1 is just astonishing :o :o It must be one of your most played songs ever, isn't it?

Glad to see some of her other songs still there, and nice appearances for Major Lazer, Meghan Trainor, Taylor and Miley too. Speaking about Miley, her new single is supposed to come out later this year and i can't freaking wait! :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby alestevens » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:39 pm

Tansike wrote:
alestevens wrote:Yeah, i didn't expect Blank Space to return like this but i couldn't help it, i needed to have it on loop as i read all the mess about her feud with Kanye :lol:

:lol: :lol: Well yeah that definitely was a mess, but good for the song then :lol:

Great to hear. I also prefer some of his "Purpose" songs. I'm surprised he didn't get a fourth hit from it...

...wow, 252 plays for "Great Escape" after several weeks at #1 is just astonishing :o :o It must be one of your most played songs ever, isn't it?

Glad to see some of her other songs still there, and nice appearances for Major Lazer, Meghan Trainor, Taylor and Miley too. Speaking about Miley, her new single is supposed to come out later this year and i can't freaking wait! :D
Yeah. At least something good came from that mess, i guess :lol:

I think Justin could have gotten a bigger hit with I'll Show You. Not sure why they picked Company over it!

Great Escape got it's highest play count this week. It's mostly because she performed it with choreo on a TV show from Argentina, then performed it acoustic, then released a remix all in the same week, and i liked it all :D

I didn't start tracking my plays until i started this chart not that long ago, but yeah, it must be one of my most played alongside Shake It Off and other Taylor and Britney tracks!

I heard about Miley's return. I loved Bangerz and i kinda liked Dead Petz too, so i'm excited!

And did you see Britney is releasing her album later this month? :o
alestevens
Roadie

Postby alestevens » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:27 am

Chart from August 1st to August 7th:

Songs:

01. (YouTube) TINI - Great Escape (34)
02. (YouTube) Laura Marano - Miraculous Ladybug (17)
03. (YouTube) Agustin Bernasconi & TINI - Desde Cuando (11)
04. (YouTube) Meghan Trainor - Champagne Problems (7)
05. (YouTube) Meghan Trainor & Kelli Trainor - Mom (7)
06. (YouTube) Carlos Vives & Shakira - La Bicicleta (6)
07. (YouTube) TINI - My Stupid Heart (6)
08. (YouTube) TINI - All You Gotta Do (4)
09. (YouTube) The Chainsmokers & Halsey - Closer (4)
10. (YouTube) Lemonade Mouth Cast - Determinate (from "Lemonade Mouth") (4)
11. (YouTube) Meghan Trainor - Friends (4)
12. (YouTube) Violetta Cast - Hoy Somos Mas (from "Violetta") (4)
13. (YouTube) Daryl Hall & John Oates - Maneater (4)
14. (YouTube) Taylor Swift - Shake It Off (4)
15. (YouTube) Meghan Trainor & R. City - Thank You (4)

Bubbling Under:

Aerosmith - Don't Wanna Miss A Thing (3)
Britney Spears - Private Show (3)
Daft Punk & Pharrell Williams - Get Lucky (3)
David Guetta & Chris Martin - Dangerous (3)
Fifth Harmony & Ty Dolla $ign - Work From Home (3)
Justin Bieber - Sorry (3)
Meghan Trainor - Me Too (3)
Sabrina Carpenter - On Purpose (3)
The Chainsmokers & Daya - Don't Let Me Down (3)
TINI - En Mi Mundo (from "Violetta") (3)
TINI - Losing The Love (3)
TINI - Siempre Brillaras (3)
TINI - Still Standing (3)

Albums:

01. TINI - TINI (Martina Stoessel) (61)
02. Meghan Trainor - Thank You (40)
03. Taylor Swift - 1989 (10)
04. Violetta - Hoy Somos Mas (9)
05. Violetta - Violetta (8)
alestevens
Roadie

Postby Tansike » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:10 am

alestevens wrote:Yeah. At least something good came from that mess, i guess :lol:

I think Justin could have gotten a bigger hit with I'll Show You. Not sure why they picked Company over it!

Great Escape got it's highest play count this week. It's mostly because she performed it with choreo on a TV show from Argentina, then performed it acoustic, then released a remix all in the same week, and i liked it all :D

I didn't start tracking my plays until i started this chart not that long ago, but yeah, it must be one of my most played alongside Shake It Off and other Taylor and Britney tracks!

I heard about Miley's return. I loved Bangerz and i kinda liked Dead Petz too, so i'm excited!

And did you see Britney is releasing her album later this month? :o
:lol:

"I'll Show You" would have been a good choice yeah... but what do you think about "Children"? I think that would have been a great single too.

Wow, had no idea about that. Just checked youtube yesterday and found a performance, and i was impressed how she danced & still was able to sing live and hit the notes :o Didn't know she is such a great performer, wow!

"Dead Petz" had some great songs, especially "1 Sun" which was a little pop masterpiece, would have been a great single :oops: Can't wait for her comeback!

Yes, that's way earlier than expected. August is so much busier than i thought it would be :o

Really like the entries for Meghan Trainor's "Champagne Problems" and The Chainsmokers' "Closer" this week. Meghan's song would make a great single.

Glad you like her album that much, it seems kinda underrated to me. I definitely like it more than her debut :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby alestevens » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:52 am

Tansike wrote::lol:

"I'll Show You" would have been a good choice yeah... but what do you think about "Children"? I think that would have been a great single too.

Wow, had no idea about that. Just checked youtube yesterday and found a performance, and i was impressed how she danced & still was able to sing live and hit the notes :o Didn't know she is such a great performer, wow!

"Dead Petz" had some great songs, especially "1 Sun" which was a little pop masterpiece, would have been a great single :oops: Can't wait for her comeback!

Yes, that's way earlier than expected. August is so much busier than i thought it would be :o

Really like the entries for Meghan Trainor's "Champagne Problems" and The Chainsmokers' "Closer" this week. Meghan's song would make a great single.

Glad you like her album that much, it seems kinda underrated to me. I definitely like it more than her debut :)
Yes. "Children" was actually my favorite Purpose track at first listen. I said "I'll Show You" because it already got an amazing reception as a promo single, but there are other tracks i would have picked over "Company" too.

And Tini impressed me with that performance as well. I'm loving that she seems really invested into being the best performer she can be!

From Dead Petz i loved "Bang Me Box". It had such a nice vibe going on, i really liked it 8-)

I know, it's coming so soon. And there will be more promo tracks coming on. So far i'm not really feeling the two songs they released from the album, but i don't dislike them either so i'll be looking forward for the album either way.

I love Meghan. I really liked her first album, and although her second didn't interest me much at first, it turned out to be full of growers for me. The only songs that i don't really listen to are "Watch Me Do" and "I Love Me", but i really enjoy the rest!
alestevens
Roadie

Postby Tansike » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:14 pm

^ oh glad to hear you like(d) "Children" that much - it was one of the clear standouts for me as well on first listen, especially apart from the singles of course.

She's a great performer :o
She should try to get a few promo slots in other countries as well, but i think that will be nearly impossible for her...

What do you think about "Clumsy", the third song? I think it's pretty cool, better than "Private Show" for sure, but a real banger is still missing for me. I'm afraid i could end up not liking "Glory" as much as i liked her previous albums... :oops:

Oh that's good - Meghan seems a bit underrated.
Tansike
Legend

Postby alestevens » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:40 pm

Tansike wrote:^ oh glad to hear you like(d) "Children" that much - it was one of the clear standouts for me as well on first listen, especially apart from the singles of course.

She's a great performer :o
She should try to get a few promo slots in other countries as well, but i think that will be nearly impossible for her...

What do you think about "Clumsy", the third song? I think it's pretty cool, better than "Private Show" for sure, but a real banger is still missing for me. I'm afraid i could end up not liking "Glory" as much as i liked her previous albums... :oops:

Oh that's good - Meghan seems a bit underrated.
EDIT: Whatever i just said about Tini no longer makes sense because she just announced a few hours after i posted this that she'll go to the US to promote in Miami and New York next week, and then she'll do an European promo tour :)

I'm not feeling "Clumsy" at all. I've only listened to it once. I also liked it better than Private Show, but that's not really saying much to be honest. But the "Just Luv Me" snippet sounded good, so i'm looking forward to it now!
Last edited by alestevens on Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
alestevens
Roadie

Postby alestevens » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:26 am

Chart from August 8th to August 14th:

Songs:

01. (YouTube) Laura Marano - Miraculous Ladybug (54)
02. (YouTube) TINI - Great Escape (45)
03. (YouTube) La Factoria & Eddy Lover - Perdoname (23)
04. (YouTube) Carlos Vives & Shakira - La Bicicleta (16)
05. (YouTube) TINI - Siempre Brillaras (Born To Shine) (12)
06. (YouTube) Debbie Gibson - Foolish Beat (11)
07. (YouTube) TINI - Lo Que Tu Alma Escribe (10)
08. (YouTube) Kudai - Ya Nada Queda (8)
09. (YouTube) Agustin Bernasconi & TINI - Desde Cuando (6)
10. (YouTube) La Factoria - Yo No Voy A Llorar Por Ti (5)
11. (YouTube) TINI - Supercreativa (from "Violetta") (5)

Bubbling Under:

Calvin Harris & Rihanna - This Is What You Came For (4)
Celine Dion - All By Myself (4)
Meghan Trainor - Me Too (4)

Albums:

01. TINI - TINI (Martina Stoessel) (88)
02. La Factoria - Nuevas Metas (23)
03. Debbie Gibson - Out Of The Blue (11)
04. Kudai - Vuelo (8)
05. La Factoria - La Factoria (7)
alestevens
Roadie

Postby Tansike » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:23 am

alestevens wrote:EDIT: Whatever i just said about Tini no longer makes sense because she just announced a few hours after i posted this that she'll go to the US to promote in Miami and New York next week, and then she'll do an European promo tour :)

I'm not feeling "Clumsy" at all. I've only listened to it once. I also liked it better than Private Show, but that's not really saying much to be honest. But the "Just Luv Me" snippet sounded good, so i'm looking forward to it now!
Oh that's fantastic! I'm glad they are trying to really push her, she definitely deserves it and also has the potential to sell very well.

Glad i'm not the only one who is not that happy with the project yet. The album leaked by now, have you already heard it? I'm waiting for the official friday release, but the people on UKMix seem to really love it... i hope that's a good sign.

I've checked out your current number one and it's a solid pop song, but nothing i'd download or would go crazy for to be honest. But the girl looks very familiar so i googled her and found out she already played in lots of movies/series so maybe i've seen her already somewhere.

Other than that, always nice to see Tini still doing very well on your charts :)
Tansike
Legend

Return to Personal Charts