alestevens' Weekly Chart - Farewell

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby alestevens » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:25 am

Chart from August 15th to August 21th:

Songs:

01. (YouTube) TINI - Great Escape (45)
02. (YouTube) Carlos Vives & Shakira - La Bicicleta (25)
03. (YouTube) Debbie Gibson - Foolish Beat (16)
04. (YouTube) TINI - My Stupid Heart (14)
05. (YouTube) TINI - Confia En Mi (13)
06. (YouTube) La Factoria & Eddy Lover - Perdoname (11)
07. (YouTube) Kudai - Ya Nada Queda (11)
08. (YouTube) TINI - Siempre Brillaras (Born To Shine) (8)
09. (YouTube) TINI - All You Gotta Do (7)
10. (YouTube) TINI - Lo Que Tu Alma Escribe (Handwritten) (7)
11. (YouTube) Capital Cities - Holiday (7)

Bubbling Under:

Laura Marano - Miraculous Ladybug (6)
Taylor Swift - Shake It Off (6)
TINI - Sigo Adelante (Still Standing) (6)

Albums:

01. TINI - TINI (Martina Stoessel) (160)
02. Debbie Gibson - Out Of The Blue (16)
03. La Factoria - Nuevas Metas (11)
04. Kudai - Vuelo (11)
05. Taylor Swift - 1989 (8)
alestevens
Roadie

Postby alestevens » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:00 am

Tansike wrote:Oh that's fantastic! I'm glad they are trying to really push her, she definitely deserves it and also has the potential to sell very well.

Glad i'm not the only one who is not that happy with the project yet. The album leaked by now, have you already heard it? I'm waiting for the official friday release, but the people on UKMix seem to really love it... i hope that's a good sign.

I've checked out your current number one and it's a solid pop song, but nothing i'd download or would go crazy for to be honest. But the girl looks very familiar so i googled her and found out she already played in lots of movies/series so maybe i've seen her already somewhere.

Other than that, always nice to see Tini still doing very well on your charts :)
Yes. I'm really happy that both Tini and Hollywood Records are putting a lot of effort on this campaign. They're already planning the tour and all! :D

I just listened to Glory yesterday. I honestly liked it better than the songs they released lead me to believe. I really liked "Love Me Down" and "Slumber Party". However, i think i find it to be my least favorite album of hers at the moment, but i still liked it! :)

Laura Marano was the lead actress on a Disney show called "Austin & Ally". I don't know, but i really liked that song. She's signed to Big Machine (Taylor's label) and released a song called "Boombox" a few months ago. I kinda liked it even though i haven't played it much. And i don't even know why, but "Miraculous Ladybug" really clicked with me! :lol:
alestevens
Roadie

Postby Tansike » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:22 am

^ Glad to hear this about "Glory". I think similar. The previously released tracks are some of the weakest on the album, especially "Private Show" and "Make Me...", i keep on skipping them. The whole album is really solid, better than expected and better as a whole than "Britney Jean", but there's a real highlight missing for me at the moment.

Ah okay, thanks for clearing up. Big Machine sounds like a cool label, maybe they will pushing her more in the future.

Nice to see "Great Escape" back at #1, but kinda shocking drop for Laura Marano. She isn't the best in having longevity it seems...
Finally had the chance to check out "La bicicleta" and it's really nice, actually better than some other similar hits that smashed the charts over here, for example the ones by Enrique Iglesias lately. Wouldn't mind if this becomes a big hit over here :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby alestevens » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:59 am

Chart from August 22nd to August 28th:

Songs:

01. (YouTube) TINI - Great Escape (70)
02. (YouTube) TINI - Si Tu Te Vas (My Stupid Heart) (21)
03. (YouTube) Kudai - Ya Nada Queda (12)
04. (YouTube) TINI - Confia En Mi (9)
05. (YouTube) La Factoria & Eddy Lover - Perdoname (9)
06. (YouTube) TINI - Siempre Brillaras (Born To Shine) (9)
07. (YouTube) Debbie Gibson - Foolish Beat (8)
08. (YouTube) Celine Dion - All By Myself (5)
09. (YouTube) TINI - Lo Que Tu Alma Escribe (Handwritten) (5)
10. (YouTube) F. R. David - Words (4)
11. (YouTube) No Te Va Gustar - Pensar (4)
12. (YouTube) Outasight & Cook Classics - Do Something Crazy (4)

Albums:

01. TINI - TINI (Martina Stoessel) (121)
02. Britney Spears - Glory (18)
03. Kudai - Vuelo (12)
04. La Factoria - Nuevas Metas (9)
05. Debbie Gibson - Out Of The Blue (8)
alestevens
Roadie

Postby alestevens » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:20 am

Tansike wrote:^ Glad to hear this about "Glory". I think similar. The previously released tracks are some of the weakest on the album, especially "Private Show" and "Make Me...", i keep on skipping them. The whole album is really solid, better than expected and better as a whole than "Britney Jean", but there's a real highlight missing for me at the moment.

Ah okay, thanks for clearing up. Big Machine sounds like a cool label, maybe they will pushing her more in the future.

Nice to see "Great Escape" back at #1, but kinda shocking drop for Laura Marano. She isn't the best in having longevity it seems...
Finally had the chance to check out "La bicicleta" and it's really nice, actually better than some other similar hits that smashed the charts over here, for example the ones by Enrique Iglesias lately. Wouldn't mind if this becomes a big hit over here :)
Yeah, Glory is really solid, but i'm also lacking a song that i can replay all day long at the moment. Maybe some will really grow on me, but so far it ain't there.

"Great Escape" is having amazing longevity for me. Whenever it feels like i'm giving up on it, something happens and i love it again. And yeah, i'm also surprised about Laura's not-so-miraculous chart run. I definitely didn't think it'd burn out so fast for me :lol:

I'm in love with "La Bicicleta". I'm really happy that you finally got to hear it, and even more at the fact that you liked it :D
alestevens
Roadie

Postby Magnus » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:52 pm

alestevens wrote:01. (YouTube) TINI - Great Escape (70)
02. (YouTube) TINI - Si Tu Te Vas (My Stupid Heart) (21)
06. (YouTube) TINI - Siempre Brillaras (Born To Shine) (9)
07. (YouTube) Debbie Gibson - Foolish Beat (8)
08. (YouTube) Celine Dion - All By Myself (5)
10. (YouTube) F. R. David - Words (4)

01. TINI - TINI (Martina Stoessel) (121)
02. Britney Spears - Glory (18)
05. Debbie Gibson - Out Of The Blue (8)
Love/like these! Those two Spanish versions of TINI's songs are the ones I noticed the most (but prefer them in English).

"Miraculous Ladybug" that was #1 on your chart a few weeks back is really good! It might make my chart next week.
Magnus
Manager

Postby alestevens » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:22 pm

Magnus wrote:Love/like these! Those two Spanish versions of TINI's songs are the ones I noticed the most (but prefer them in English).

"Miraculous Ladybug" that was #1 on your chart a few weeks back is really good! It might make my chart next week.
"Miraculous Ladybug" caught me off guard. Laura's singles from her upcoming album didn't do anything for me at all, but that song just had to be on replay, i really didn't see it coming :lol:

Regarding TINI, i have some news you may like: they confirmed she's gonna film 2 music videos from September 4th to September 15th. One of them is still unknown for which song it's gonna be, but the other will be directed by TINI herself and it will be for "Got Me Started" 8-)
alestevens
Roadie

Postby Tansike » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:18 am

As for "Glory", i hope some of the songs will grow on you. I wasn't impressed on the first 5-7 spins to be honest, but now i really liking it, and there are several great tunes on it. However, there's still a real highlight missing for me as well...

Another week, another #1 for "Great Escape". How many weeks at #1 were that now? :o
Good for her though! :)

Also nice to see Céline Dion charting, "All By Myself" is great.

Glad Britney is on the album charts at #2. I'm surprised there's no entry on your singles charts though, so i hope this changes a bit next week 8-)
Tansike
Legend

Postby alestevens » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:39 am

I hate to admit it, but i'm too lazy to keep this up. I've been tracking my plays for the last 14 weeks but i never got myself to compile the lists and update the thread. Today i decided there was no point in keeping to track my plays (which i realized requires a lot of effort) if i wasn't going to keep the thread up to date. Let's be real, i was never going to post those 14 charts i managed to accumulate :(

But i honestly spent too much time doing this for it not to receive a proper farewell. I decided the best thing to do would be post the #1 songs on the chart after the last update. Those were:

-Great Escape (by TINI)
-Got Me Started (by TINI)
-Side To Side (by Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj)
-Perfect Illusion (by Lady Gaga)
-Mangu (by Becky G)*
-La Bicicleta (by Carlos Vives & Shakira)
-Hips Don't Lie (by Shakira & Wyclef Jean)
-Chantaje (by Shakira ft. Maluma)

*Looks like the actual #1 that week was 24K Magic with a small lead, although i remember Mangu being it. I was tracking my plays on too many devices, and that particular week the results were too close for it to be fully accurate

Thanks to everyone who followed the chart while i managed to keep it going, i truly enjoyed doing this while it lasted!
alestevens
Roadie

Postby Magnus » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:33 pm

Great to see that "Got Me Started" was #1 for a week, but sad news that you won't be posting your chart anymore :(. Have you considered doing a monthly chart instead of weekly?
Magnus
Manager

Postby alestevens » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:36 pm

Magnus wrote:Great to see that "Got Me Started" was #1 for a week, but sad news that you won't be posting your chart anymore :(. Have you considered doing a monthly chart instead of weekly?
I did, but i'm not sure i'll be able to keep tracking my plays. It consumes a lot of my time to keep doing it the way i was. Once i find an easier way to track them, or perhaps an easier formula altogether, i'll start posting again on a monthly basis. I truly enjoyed doing my charts and being able to know which songs i played the most, i just wasn't dedicated enough to keep it going over time! :-?
alestevens
Roadie

Postby Tansike » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:45 am

Magnus wrote:sad news that you won't be posting your chart anymore :(.
I have to second that. Your charts was really nice to follow :)

But good to see some of the missing #1s. I basically like them all except Becky G's song (as i don't know that one). "24K Magic" would have been a great #1 as well :wink:
Tansike
Legend

Return to Personal Charts