bc's 100 female artists (#34) - Aretha Franklin

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby bluecherry » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:45 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:I'm really excited for Nelly's new album, she is a great pop artist, not afraid to experiment and infuse sounds to make something fresh and interesting to listen to!

I was never a big fan but looking back at her older stuff she was pretty cool and she could become a big fave of mine.
I really enjoy Nelly's music - such a visual and creative!
bluecherry
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:50 pm

Ah, Anastacia is so beautiful, and so immensely talented! That voice is something special. She's definitely up there as one of my favourite femme fatales. "One Day in Your Life" is my favourite song from her as well! :D

Nelly Furtado has some incredible singles under her belt.

I'm not a huge fan of Paloma Faith, but "Picking Up the Pieces" is a stunning ballad.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby bluecherry » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:11 pm

JSparksFan wrote:Ah, Anastacia is so beautiful, and so immensely talented! That voice is something special. She's definitely up there as one of my favourite femme fatales. "One Day in Your Life" is my favourite song from her as well! :D

Nelly Furtado has some incredible singles under her belt.

I'm not a huge fan of Paloma Faith, but "Picking Up the Pieces" is a stunning ballad.
Great minds think alike!
bluecherry
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:12 pm

bluecherry
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:24 pm

bluecherry
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:45 pm

bluecherry
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:02 pm

bluecherry
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:17 pm

bluecherry
Manager

Postby Carbon » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:23 pm

oh just discovered this! I'll keep following

so far I like Cyndi and Nelly, and to a lesser extent MIA, Courtney and Paloma
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby bluecherry » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:40 pm

Carbon wrote:oh just discovered this! I'll keep following

so far I like Cyndi and Nelly, and to a lesser extent MIA, Courtney and Paloma
Great - thank you!!
bluecherry
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:48 pm

bluecherry
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:54 pm

bluecherry
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:40 pm

bluecherry
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:00 pm

bluecherry
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:48 pm

bluecherry
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:51 pm

bluecherry
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:44 pm

Live fast, die young, bad girls do it well. That one's a bop! I don't care for M.I.A.'s other songs, though.

I love "Proud" from Heather Small.

Etta James has some legendary songs, of course, but I'm not too familiar with her beyond "At Last" and "All I Could Do Was Cry", and with the latter song, I prefer Beyoncé's interpretation.

En Vogue were stellar vocalists! In fact, I don't think there was ever a stronger girl group in the vocal department. "Don't Let Go (Love)" is a masterclass R&B ballad, and I love "Free Your Mind" too.

Avril has some great songs under her belt. Even when her albums are a bit sub-par, you can always count on her to deliver on the singles end of things.

"Too Little, Too Late" is great, and I acknowledge JoJo's talent, but I generally don't like her music, unfortunately.

Ke$ha had such a fresh sound when she debuted. I really hope she's able to put her legal woes behind her soon. :(
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby abi » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:53 pm

Granted I've never been a big fan of 5H, but now I'm really looking forward for their new music as a quarter. Hoping for more Urban-esque material ala Danity Kane.

Never like Kesha.

Jojo is a great singer, her new album is really good. I just need to accept that she won't a big popstar again that she used to be.

Avril was cute, she had some good songs back then.

Nelly Furtado was good too. Loose was such a great Pop record.

Mya is cute. I liked some of her songs back then, especially "Ridin'".
abi
Legend

Postby bluecherry » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:17 pm

bluecherry
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:19 pm

bluecherry
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:24 pm

bluecherry
Manager

Postby CrazyCrazy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:26 pm

Let's catch up.

M.I.A. - She is among my faves too, I love her fresh sound, another artist who is so much fun to listen to and experiments with musical fusion, her last few albums have been so-so though unfortunately.

Heather has a great voice and some good tracks and with MPeople!

Etta has a great voice, don't know much about her apart from a few tracks and the timeless "At Last".

Avril has some really good songs too and is fun to listen to, she usually sounds pretty good live as well.

Kesha has some catchy bops for sure as do SaltNPepa, (Fun trivia - did you know Anastacia was a backup dancer in some of their videos?)

Adele has a good voice and a handful of songs I can listen to but I feel she is not all that. I like Natalie Cole too.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:36 am

Adele is an enormous talent. She's put out some generation-defining records thus far, and I can't wait to hear what's still to come.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby bluecherry » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:54 am

JSparksFan wrote:Adele is an enormous talent. She's put out some generation-defining records thus far, and I can't wait to hear what's still to come.
Definitely!
CrazyCrazy wrote:Let's catch up.

M.I.A. - She is among my faves too, I love her fresh sound, another artist who is so much fun to listen to and experiments with musical fusion, her last few albums have been so-so though unfortunately.

Heather has a great voice and some good tracks and with MPeople!

Etta has a great voice, don't know much about her apart from a few tracks and the timeless "At Last".

Avril has some really good songs too and is fun to listen to, she usually sounds pretty good live as well.

Kesha has some catchy bops for sure as do SaltNPepa, (Fun trivia - did you know Anastacia was a backup dancer in some of their videos?)

Adele has a good voice and a handful of songs I can listen to but I feel she is not all that. I like Natalie Cole too.
Her eclecticism is definitely what sets her apart, I just wish she'd kind of go back to her pre-Matangi sound, as although I have enjoyed the last two albums they've defninitely been subpar.
Heather's voice is phenomenal - probably the main reason for her inclusion.
The whole 'At Last!' album by Etta is phenomenal.
Avril was definitely one of the defining acts of the 00s (in my opinion)!
I didn't know that actually, I'll have to check out which ones!

abi wrote:Granted I've never been a big fan of 5H, but now I'm really looking forward for their new music as a quarter. Hoping for more Urban-esque material ala Danity Kane.

Never like Kesha.

Jojo is a great singer, her new album is really good. I just need to accept that she won't a big popstar again that she used to be.

Avril was cute, she had some good songs back then.

Nelly Furtado was good too. Loose was such a great Pop record.

Mya is cute. I liked some of her songs back then, especially "Ridin'".
I never really liked Camila so I was thrilled to see them as a quartet!
It is a shame that she can't find the same commercial success but as long as she's still releasing music that's all I can ask for!
JSparksFan wrote:Live fast, die young, bad girls do it well. That one's a bop! I don't care for M.I.A.'s other songs, though.

I love "Proud" from Heather Small.

Etta James has some legendary songs, of course, but I'm not too familiar with her beyond "At Last" and "All I Could Do Was Cry", and with the latter song, I prefer Beyoncé's interpretation.

En Vogue were stellar vocalists! In fact, I don't think there was ever a stronger girl group in the vocal department. "Don't Let Go (Love)" is a masterclass R&B ballad, and I love "Free Your Mind" too.

Avril has some great songs under her belt. Even when her albums are a bit sub-par, you can always count on her to deliver on the singles end of things.

"Too Little, Too Late" is great, and I acknowledge JoJo's talent, but I generally don't like her music, unfortunately.

Ke$ha had such a fresh sound when she debuted. I really hope she's able to put her legal woes behind her soon. :(
:D
You should definitely check out the album 'At Last!' - it's pretty much her best effort.
En Vogue are probably the best vocal girl group ever I think.
That's very true for Avril actually, her last album (for me) is a great example of that.
I think off of her last album 'Mad Love' is the best if you haven't heard thart - you might like it.
Same! I need more trashy bops, but I don't think she'll come back with the same sound really.
bluecherry
Manager

Postby bluecherry » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:54 am

bluecherry
Manager

Return to Personal Charts