Cheapthrills' Cheap 20

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Colbie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:33 pm

yay for Janelle Monae! Also nice to see High horse! 8-)
Colbie
Superstar

Postby cheapthrills » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:08 pm

JSparksFan wrote:I guess the mystery of your year-end #1 song this year is wrapped up, and the year's not even half-done. :lol: Stellar consistency for "Make Me Feel", and I'm happy to see all the other Dirty Computer tracks as well. I checked out "Guatemala", and thought it was pretty decent.
Yes, Janelle almost assuredly has it in the bag, though the last time a song hit 13 weeks, it came up 2nd. A song later that year lasted 11 weeks at the top the same year! So likely no mystery, which is a drag for me too, because I like to be surprised - last year was a pretty close contest until Feel It Still showed up at the end.

Guatemala gives me such a nice summer vibe, and it looks like it may be the next #1.

Colbie wrote:yay for Janelle Monae! Also nice to see High horse! 8-)
High Horse did really well! It had a nice, long run and I expect it to make the year-end chart. Thanks for stopping by, Colbie :)
It's time for the 2000-2009 Female-Led Singles Countdown!
and my Top 100 Artists countdown!
More? How about a survivor based on a countdown?
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby cheapthrills » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:20 pm

Chart Notes:

For the week ending 6/23:

* Hey it's my 5000th post! But whatever - you don't think I'm going to forget to mention the top 100 Artists countdown, do you? :lol:

* It appears that Make Me Feel's amazing run at the top is finally over. While she doesn't have the record to herself, it's more impressive to get 13 weeks now because there has been more turnover at the top now than when the chart first started. In any case, Janelle still appears in the top two as I Like That jumps to #2.

* Cardi B gets her 4th top ten appearance with I Like It. There's a lot of liking going on these days.

We reset back to 1998, and we can see at #1 the last song to last 13 weeks. Almost exactly 20 years ago. Meanwhile, Ray of Light debuted at #5. It was never able to unseat Loreena, but stay tuned for next week when Madonna finally did make it to #1.

cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby Tansike » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Congrats on your 5000th post! :D

Glad "No Tears Left To Cry" is still so high. What is its peak if i may ask?

Also great to see "I Like It" jumping into the Top10. I still prefer "Bodak Yellow", but both songs are so different and "I Like It" is definitely my second most favorite Cardi B song to date.

Really liking all the Janelle entries and Childish Gambino's "This Is America" as well :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby cheapthrills » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:16 pm

Thanks for stopping in, Tansike :D

No Tears Left to Cry hit #2, but was blocked by Janelle - Ari's bad luck to run up against one of the biggest hits ever on my chart :(

I like I Like It :lol: - a lot - perfect for the summer! And so very Cardi!
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby Tansike » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:32 am

^ thanks - #2 is still a nice enough peak. Maybe she'll get a #1 hit another song this year :)

:lol: True!
Tansike
Legend

Return to Personal Charts