Cheapthrills' Cheap 20

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Phoenixx » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:43 pm

Glad to hear that about LOTB 8-) 8-) 8-)
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby cheapthrills » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:55 pm

getting her biggest solo hit on my chart after 12 years. :cry:

Queen.
Vote for your favorite Christmas songs here!
My Personal Chart - Cheapthrills' Cheap 20 :)
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby Phoenixx » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:06 am

cheapthrills wrote:getting her biggest solo hit on my chart after 12 years. :cry:

Queen.
Rly? How old are you that you do Charts since 12 years? :o
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby cheapthrills » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:08 pm

Phoenixx wrote:
cheapthrills wrote:getting her biggest solo hit on my chart after 12 years. :cry:

Queen.
Rly? How old are you that you do Charts since 12 years? :o
Yah the chart is actually almost 20 years old. :o

Anyhow, about to post the next chart :D
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:22 pm

Chart Notes:

* Alan Walker just misses out on having three songs in the top ten at once. Only a handful of artists have ever accomplished that feat - Imagine Dragons last did it in November of 2013 with Radioactive, Demons, and Monster (Demons hit #1) all in the top 10 at once.

*The Weeknd has matched the peak of Starboy, but his biggest chart hit remains his first appearance - as a feature on Ariana Grande's Love Me Harder, which peaked at #2.

*Lady Gaga makes a low debut this week due to the mid-week appearance of her video. Expect her to make a big jump on next week's chart.

Retro Chart:

Kelly Rowland's biggest chart hit here is a little-noticed retro track from the Julia Roberts movie "Mona Lisa Smile" - while she would go on to have a couple more top tens in the coming years, none would reach the summit as this one did. The Darkness would knock her off #1 the following week. While it looks like Kylie had a huge debut, my chart was just a top ten then, so debuts in the top five were not as rare. Kylie would go on to peak at #3 - and has had one top ten since - All the Loves in 2010.

cheapthrills
Manager

Postby Phoenixx » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:09 pm

16/20, great RITUAL :D
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby cheapthrills » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:54 am

Phoenixx wrote:16/20, great RITUAL :D
???

What does this mean?
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby Phoenixx » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:42 am

cheapthrills wrote:
Phoenixx wrote:16/20, great RITUAL :D
???

What does this mean?
I like 16/20 Songs from your chart. Sorry, I meant great Result!
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby cheapthrills » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:54 am

Oh thanks :D
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby Phoenixx » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:21 am

cheapthrills wrote:Oh thanks :D
;)
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:16 am

It still blows my mind that RiRi was able to pull off a monster ballad like "Love on the Brain". It's a Grammy-worthy anthem!

As for the retro chart, "Red Blooded Woman" is one of my favourites from Kylie.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby cheapthrills » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:52 pm

JSparksFan wrote:It still blows my mind that RiRi was able to pull off a monster ballad like "Love on the Brain". It's a Grammy-worthy anthem!

As for the retro chart, "Red Blooded Woman" is one of my favourites from Kylie.
Love on the Brain is incredible. :cry:
I love hearing something like it on the radio.

There's a new #1. New chart posting in a moment.
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:59 pm

Chart Notes:

* Just weeks after Rihanna set the record for most top tens, Gaga ties her with her 22nd. Gaga leads in #1 songs 7 to 5.

*Sia gets her 4th #1 this week and her third in the last year after topping with Cheap Thrills and The Greatest. Her last two #1s finished #1 and #2 for 2016 respectively. How will Never Give Up fare?

*Rockabye flies into the top ten, and gives everyone involved their 2nd top ten. Sean Paul last appeared in the top ten way back in 2003, as a feature on Bey's #1 "Baby Boy"; Anne-Marie appeared as a feature on Rudimental's "Rumour Mill," a former #1; Clean Bandit peaked at #3 with Rather Be. No one hit wonder status for these guys!

Retro Chart:

Cecilia was a family band that had some local popularity in the Washington, DC area, and are therefore one of the most obscure acts to hit #1 on my chart. They remain one of only two acts to place three songs in the top 5 at once (Pharrell is the other in 2013), and then they never charted again. Be Mine remains one of my favorite songs though, and they managed to knock a very strong Boulevard of Broken Dreams from the top.

cheapthrills
Manager

Postby Phoenixx » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:20 pm

WHERE IS LOVE ON THE BRAIN! :o :cry: :cry: :cry:
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby cheapthrills » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:04 am

LOL, it just slipped one spot!
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby Phoenixx » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:03 pm

cheapthrills wrote:LOL, it just slipped one spot!
too bad :cry: :lol:
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby JakeP » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:44 am

Hi Cheapthrills :D

Love so many songs in your chart. Never give up is a great track from Sia, got to #4 in my chart a few months back. Love on the brain has been a really weird one as i never knew if it was actually a single. When ANTI was released about a year ago this song stood out instantly. I love Move your body but not so much the Alan Walker remix, although i really like his own song Alone. :D

Elsewhere i also love I feel it coming, Rockabye and Scared to be lonely the most as these have all been #1 in my chart.

LOL i can't believe you didn't see Rihanna at #2 Marcus! :lol: :P
JakeP
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:48 pm

Yay, thanks JakeP :D

LOTB took a long to grow on me, but I love it now. <3

I am about to post the next chart :)

EDIT: Technical difficulties - will have to post later tonight :(
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:48 pm

Chart Notes:

Busy week!

*OK, FINE - I have succumbed to the Ed Sheeran lovefest. He debuts at #20 this week.

* The chart for the week ending May 7 of last year was iconic because it had two debuts that week - Be The One by Dua Lipa, which debuted at #20 and shot to #1 2 weeks later, and Cheap Thrills <3, which ended up dethroning Dua 5 weeks later. Both songs finished in the the top ten of the year end, which Sia #1 and Dua at #7. Since then, they have charted similar paths - each has had two more #1s (Dua - Hotter Than Hell and Blow Your Mind; Sia - The Greatest and Never Give Up), and now both can say they've had two top ten hits in addition to that as Dua jumps into the top ten being featured on not one, but TWO songs.

*There's doubling up to a degree never seen before on that chart - as not only Dua, but Sia, Alan, and Sean Paul all have two songs in the top ten. There's been situations in which two artists were represented twice, but never so much as three (even last week, there were only two - No Lie instantly doubles two artists at once!).

*For good measure, Sia triples up in the top 20 this week. It's a good week for her as she maintains #1, sees Move Your Body move up to #3, and has the week's highest debut at #17.

*Scared to Be Lonely moves into the top ten. This is the fifth top ten for both artists.

Retro Chart:

So, apparently this week in 2006 was the Invasion of the White Boys, with a bunch of one-hit wonder white guys dominating the top five. Panic was appearing in the top ten for the first time with their long-titled song. So far, they are in second place for most top tens (7) without a #1 - shared with The Weeknd. (Kanye is #1 with 12).

cheapthrills
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:06 pm

Chart Notes:

* Aloe Blacc moves into the top ten this week for the 4th time. He shares an interesting stat with Dua Lipa in that his first three songs to make the top ten went to #1. Those, like Dua, are his only songs to hit the top ten. Dua and Aloe are the only persons to have a perfect record, and by coincidence both are climbing right now. Can either of them make it four for four?

* As of this week, Sean Paul probably deserves to be in the Aloe/Dua club too. I say probably because while he hit #1 as a feature way back in 2003 on Baby Boy, he was not credited for Cheap Thrills on my chart. I let Sia keep the credit to herself. (I preferred the non-Sean version.)

*Over 13 years have passed since Sean Paul was last at #1. That's the longest range between two #1s ever. The previous record holder was Stone Temple Pilots who hit #1 with Sour Girl in 2000 and then hit #1 exactly 10 years later with "Take a Load Off." It is also the longest time lapse between two top tens. Erykah Badu previous held the record with 12 years and 9 months between songs (Bag Lady in Oct. 2000 and Q.U.E.E.N. with Janelle Monae in June 2013).

* This is Anne-Marie's 2nd #1 as well - she was featured on Rudimental's "Rumour Mill", which hit #1 in Sep. 2015. This is Clean Bandit's 1st #1. "Rather Be" peaked at #3.

*All songs that initially charted in 2016 have left the chart as of this week, with the exception of Faith, which debuted the week of Dec. 24th. Meteorite was the last #1 of the Obama era. :cry:

Retro Chart:

This week in 2007 is notable for being Nelly Furtado's last appearance in the top 5. She hasn't been back since. At #1, LDn was finish out ts reign and would go on to be the #2 song of 2007, topped only by fellow female Brit Amy Winehouse, who topped the year-end with "Rehab." Ruby would move to #1 the following week.

cheapthrills
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:07 am

Chart Notes:

* Yep it's a pretty dull top ten this week in which everything holds position except positions # and #5 which swap and Ed moving into the top ten. This is Ed's first ever top ten.

*John Wayne equals Gaga's last top ten - Million Reasons, which peaked at #3 in December. Gaga hasn't hit the top two since Applause in September of 2013.

*For all its success, I never cared much for Closer, and it never charted. But the Chainsmokers did hit the top ten with Roses and Don't Bring Me Down. They may be looking at their third top ten.

I will post the retro chart for 2008 tomorrow. It has a similarity with this week's chart!
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:34 pm

Retro chart:

Oops, I guess I never posted it, but here's the top five for 2008 - just like this past week, 33 and #5 swapped positions, while everythign else remained static. But more interesting is the double Sia, which has occurred exactly nine years later - only in this instance it was Sia's first two songs to chart - Academia peaked at #2, while The Girl You Lost to Cocaine would end up peaking at #3.

Last edited by cheapthrills on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:19 pm

Chart Notes:

* Ed Sheeran looks to be as unstoppable here as he is everywhere else as he has the week's biggest jump to move into the top 5.

* Kygo and Selena Gomez both nab their third top ten in showy fashion as they nab the highest debut so far this year at #10.

* While Sia falls out of the top five, there is still soemone who has two top five hits at once this week - that is Sean Paul who can be seen at #1 with Rockabye, and at #4 with No Lie.

Ah 2009, when Lady Gaga was just beginning to destroy my charts. Just Dance had been #1 for just one week, but Poker Face was huge for her - a five week #1 that would finished #2 for the year. Gaga would also hit #1 later that year with LoveGame becoming the first woman to ever have three #1s in a year. Carrie Underwood also hit #4, her highest showing on my chart ever.

cheapthrills
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:20 pm

Chart Notes:

* From 2009-2011, Lady Gaga was #1 on this particular week in history, but in 2017, it's a rough one as she takes the week's biggest tumble, clearning the way for every song above it to move up the chart.

* For the sixth straight week, there is an act that has two songs in the top five - actually two, as Dua Lipa's featured song "Scared to Be Lonely" joins No Lie. Sean Paul can also be seen featured on this week's #1...

* .. which is Rockabye, and while the year is still young, that does make it the longest running #1 of the year for now.

A year later and Gaga was still killing it. In fact, she was up to her 5th number already - matching her Telephone partner, Beyonce, who also got her 5th #1 on my chart with the song. This top five is interesting for the artists on it - the one hit wonder by One EskimO, the two-hit wonders Vampire Weekend and Annie, and Goldfrapp, who was enjoying her biggest hit on my chart with Rocket.

cheapthrills
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:59 pm

Chart Notes:

Note: For week ending April 8th.

* Alan Walker nabs his second #1, his first being Sing Me To Sleep, which topped the chart last September. Faded, while only peaking at #3, is by far the bigger hit though as it logged 27 weeks on the chart last year.

* Martin Garrix is on his 5th top ten chart, and Scared to Be Lonely is now his highest peaking song. For Dua, this ranks only as 4th biggest, as she's had three number ones prior to this.

* Coldplay extends their record for most top tens by a group as "Something Just Like This" becomes their 14th top ten.

Yep, Gaga again. While on this week's chart Gaga takes the biggest tumble, in 2011, she had a monster hit on her hands with "Born This Way." It was nearing the end of a huge 9 week run at the top - no song had been that long at #1 since 2002, but Adele was about to eclipse even that just a few week later with Rolling in the Deep. Rihanna manages to squeak in a week at #1 between these two monster hits. but no other songs would hit number one until July.

cheapthrills
Manager

Return to Personal Charts