Chart Notes:For the week ending 9/22:
• Ooh...that's some very nifty trivia about Ari's No. 1 trends! Does this mean "Breathin" might spend seven weeks on top...?
• I'd never heard of Empress Of before, but "When I'm With Him" is a FANTASTIC introduction! I'll be adding it to my library ASAP.
Or let's just give God is a Woman seven weeks
Also, pleased to see you enjoyed Empress Of!!!- it certainly could be a contender to knock out Ariana in the coming weeks.
* Eminem has the biggest debut this week with Lucky You, ahead of the other two songs that debuted last week. "Fall" does just that - it's my favorite song on the album, but I can't reconcile with the use of F****T in the song. It's 2018, Marshall
* Sia makes the top ten for the first time this year since her collab with David Guetta "Flames" flamed out at #12. This continues a streak for Sia extended back to 2011 (see below) in which she has hit the top ten once every year since then. The only two with a longer streak are Lady Gaga and Coldplay, whose streaks both extend back to 2008
Gaga might keep hers running with A Star is Born, but Coldplay's streak looks at risk.
Whiel Sia hit earlier than 2011, her streak begin with Titanium, the only song that failed to hit #1 in the below chart. But that's because this is perhaps one of the most stacked top fives ever. Titanium spent 15 weeks in the top five, Runaway Baby 13, Someone Like You 18, and Dedication to My Ex 19
- to put that in perspective, only one song on my charts this year has surpassed even 13 weeks in the top ten (I think you can guess which one.)
Dedication To My Ex spent 13 weeks in the top before moving to #1 - the second longest wait ever (To Zion by Lauryn Hill has the record at 14 weeks). It was the #2 song of the year behind Rolling the Deep, and was the song that got in the way of Adele having the top 3 songs of the year. Someone Like You finished #4 and Set Fire to the Rain was at #3. For good measure, Titanium was the #8 song of the year despite missing the top spot (it peaked at #3).
And on top of all this, Scheiße - at the time Gaga's 7th number one (and last until The Cure last year). I was in Germany for Okotberfest and so I was giving this a lot of play at the time
But of all these songs, it gets the least replay out of any of them.