Mr Rager's Top 20 Avril Lavigne Songs - *SHOCK NO.1??*

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby MrRager » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:44 am

Avril's new single from Era 6 is finally coming THIS MONTH.

It's time to celebrate by counting down my favourite songs!

Last edited by MrRager on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:39 pm, edited 14 times in total.
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby MrRager » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:18 am

No.20 - I Will Be

It's a Crime hat this wasn't on TBDT!! However looking at Spotify now it seems that it has ben added along with Alone? :o Is that legit? Anyway this version shits all over Leona's imo. It's more smooth, angelic and flows much better making it much more melodic. The bridge is the highlight of the song. Just incredible.

No.19 - Fly

Severely underrated. Seems like i'm the only one who loves this song.. even though it sounds like a demo. Again the bridge of the song is incredible.. especially the "Until you've TOUCHED the skyyyy". The best song of 2015.
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby MrRager » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:40 am

No.18 - Who Knows

Possibly the catchiest song on Under My Skin! I really think this should have been a single instead of Fall To Pieces. Just has the the perfect chorus that sticks in your head. I wonder how it would have done on the charts if it were the lead instead of Don't Tell Me... My Favourite part of the song is the "Find yourself cause I can't find you, be yourself WHO ARE YOUUUU" part. :cry: Seriously anthemic and had potential to be a big hit at the time.

No.17 - My Happy Ending

Along with Who Knows this is the catchiest on the album. Kind of like a perfect Pop song at the time so like i said with Who Knows it would have been interesting to see how it would have done as the lead (considering it was big hit as a second single).The part "and letting me know that we were donnnnneeeeeeeeee" is the standout. I also love the part where it slows down to just an acoustic guitar "He was everything, everything that I wanteeed"
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby MrRager » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:43 am

No.16 - Tomorrow

This is actually the song that properly got me into Avril! I loved Complicated and Sk8er Boi but I heard this song on an advert in the UK and loved it so it made me listen to Let Go in full! :cry: The song is amazing.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

No.15 - Don't Tell Me

I loved this song the moment I heard it and I also love the video. Avril flying at the end is truly iconic. I still can't understand how it under performed :-? For me it remains one of her best singles.
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Phoenixx » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:14 am

Love Tomorrow :)
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby HaskaWuga » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:31 pm

YESSSS YOU STARTED AN AVRIL COUNTDOWN FINALLY

I Will Be is amazing, though I also love Leona's version, her version is also great! One of the best from TBDT era

Really love the UMS domination <3 My Happy Ending, Who Knows and Don't Tell Me are in my top 20 too, even top 10. They are great and my favs from UMS!!!

Tomorrow :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: just amazing! Also one of the best from Let Go!

fly is bad

All of these songs are in my top 20 too (except for Fly, you know it) and probably I Will Be, but it won't be far from top 20. Really looking forward for the rest of your countdown :D
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby luckyONE » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:48 pm

glad to see my Top 2 - Who Knows is so great, love the lyrics. Tomorrow is my fav Avril song ever.
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby MrRager » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:34 pm

Thanks for the comments guys! :D

No.14 - Things I'll Never Say

So I started stanning properly for Avril after hearing Tomorrow on an advert. But after I listened to the album this became my favourite album track. I just loved the "Da da daaad haa haa dad daaaa" bit and the melody was/is perfect! AM I SQUEZING YOU TOO TIGHT?

No.13 - Complicated

So this is how it all started. A decade ago this would have probably been my no.1 Avril song. I was just completely obsessed with it at the time. I still love it but maybe i have overplayed it through the years and other songs have taken over it. Anyway, anytime I hear this song it brings back memories from that period of my life! I remember just listening to this song over and over. The beginning/instrumental still gives me goosebumps.
Last edited by MrRager on Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Phoenixx » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:35 pm

Complicated is one of my favourite Songs ever from her
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:35 am

"My Happy Ending" and "Don't Tell Me" are two of my favourite Avril songs.

"Complicated" is classic Avril, but, oddly enough, not one of her best songs, in my opinion.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby MrRager » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:33 pm

Phoenixx wrote:Complicated is one of my favourite Songs ever
Wow! <3

JSparksFan wrote:"My Happy Ending" and "Don't Tell Me" are two of my favourite Avril songs.

"Complicated" is classic Avril, but, oddly enough, not one of her best songs, in my opinion.
Awesome. Complicated is definitely a classic! I think it will remain her signature forever.
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby MrRager » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:41 pm

No.12 - Hush Hush

Easily the best song on her self titled album. It's what Avril does best imo - Ballads! The vocals, the piano, the melody...everything is brilliant here. The only thing I think would make it even better is if she had belted out in the last chorus.

No.11 - Fall To Pieces

This is another corker. Under My Skin is an album where I can listen to everything and love every second of it. Just like this song. I love how the song builds to the "WANNA KNOW HOW YOU FEEL WANNA KNOW WHAT IT IS REAL" part. Then when it slows down to the guitar only :cry: I do think it was a mistake to release this as the final single though. There were other songs that would have worked better as singles. Nevertheless this is one of the highlights of the album!
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby MrRager » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:06 am

No.10 - When You're Gone

I first heard a snippet of this song before The Best Damn Thing was released and I was literally obsessed with it. It was the first verse and first chorus and I had it on repeat for weeks. At the time it probably became my favourite Avril song ever. But over that year I completely outplayed it. It actually sounded weird inititally because I was so used to playing the snippet on loop but I finally got used to the proper version. I've never been a fan of the music video, until last year when I gave it a proper chance and realised that she looks incredible in the video and the video actually is great with a nice meaning etc. Anyway I actually prefer the verses to the chorus even though the Chorus is still brilliant. The piano makes the song though.
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Biebz » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:21 am

I hope Naked is higher than When You're Gone!

I will comment on the others soon
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Phoenixx » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:49 am

Sorry MrRager, Complicated WAS one of my favs ever as I was younger :/

But I still like it :D
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby MrRager » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:41 am

Phoenixx wrote:Sorry MrRager, Complicated WAS one of my favs ever as I was younger :/

But I still love it :D
:lol: fixed :wink:
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby MrRager » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:42 am

Biebz wrote:I hope Naked is higher than When You're Gone!

I will comment on the others soon
:lol: That would only ever happen in your chart!
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby BageTheLaVie » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:15 pm

MrRager wrote:Avril's new single from Era 6 is finally coming THIS MONTH.
WHAT?! She is releasing this month?! Dear Avocado!

COMPLICATED NOT EVEN TOP 10?! How could you?????
Don't Tell Me is my favorite rock song of all time!!!!!!!!!!!
My Happy Ending is a close second!
I hoping Girlfriend and What The Hell get AT LEAST a honourable mention :evil:
Why doesn't "Alice" gets more luv?! is a 100x better than Pink's song...
Most weeks at #1: Gwen Stefani - Make Me Like You
Highest peaking classical music piece: Beethoven - Ode to Joy
BageTheLaVie
Groupie

Postby Biebz » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:30 pm

I Will Be - Incredible song! Way better than Leona! She should have released it has her own single!

Fly - No comment...

Who Knows - Such a catchy song! Always enjoy this when it comes on.

My Happy Ending - Iconic! I also love the middle out, that note is flawless!

Tomorrow - I knew you'd post that performance ffs! ITS TOO EMOTIONAL!

Don't Tell Me - This is way too low! This is my 2nd favourite Avril song!

Things I'll Never Say - This is easily her best album track! I'm gutted it was never released. As much as I love Losing Grip, I think this should have been the 4th single.

Hush Hush - This was originally one of my least favourites on the album :o Now it's one of my favourites, such a beautiful song and the bridge is incredible with those "don't don't"

Fall To Pieces - Amazing song. The melody is just stunning and the lyrics are really beautiful

When You're Gone - FLAW-FREE ballad! Her last big smash! The video is amazing, she looks ****!ng incredible in that white dress. I've always love the "smell just like you" line, I love the way she sings it
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby luckyONE » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:10 pm

Fall To Pieces is another flaw free song. Her album tracks on debut & UMS are awesome.
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby MrRager » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:57 pm

BageTheLaVie wrote:
MrRager wrote:Avril's new single from Era 6 is finally coming THIS MONTH.
WHAT?! She is releasing this month?! Dear Avocado!

COMPLICATED NOT EVEN TOP 10?! How could you?????
Don't Tell Me is my favorite rock song of all time!!!!!!!!!!!
My Happy Ending is a close second!
I hoping Girlfriend and What The Hell get AT LEAST a honourable mention :evil:
Why doesn't "Alice" gets more luv?! is a 100x better than Pink's song...
Thanks for the comment Bage! I was shocked that Complicated wasn't in my Top 10 too :lol: But I guess my chart would change a lot so this is just my chart at this current moment in time :wink: I love ALICE too. Way better than the P!nk song! There is a live performance that is magnificent :cry:

Thanks for the comments @Biebz

Biebz wrote:Fly - No comment...
Hush Hush - This was originally one of my least favourites on the album :o Now it's one of my favourites, such a beautiful song and the bridge is incredible with those "don't don't"
I guess Fly doesn't need a comment because its blatantly THAT GOOD.

Wow. Hush Hush was the instant stand out for me and still is.

luckyONE wrote:Fall To Pieces is another flaw free song. Her album tracks on debut & UMS are awesome.
Cheers or commenting! Fall To Pieces is indeed flawless. UMS is a masterpiece :cry:
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby MrRager » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:06 am

No.9 - Push

I remember this leaked a few days before the album was released and I loved it on first listen. Her live performances of it are exceptional. You can tell she completely adores this song because she sings it with passion. She was PUSHing for this as the 2nd single but the label chose Smile instead. Wonder how it would have performed..... Anyway the chorus/instrumental is quite similar to Natalie Imbruglia's "Torn". Has anyone else noticed?

No.8 - Wish You Were Here

WHY ON EARTH WASN'T THIS THE SECOND SINGLE FROM GOODBYE LULLABY? This is a smash that got away. When I first listened to the album this was the song that stood out and imo sounded like a complete smash hit. This surely would have been a big hit if released instead of Smile. Such a shame. Anyway the vocals here are so angelic and the melody and structure are perfect. The video is simple but effective. The parts where she belts out towards the end are award worthy.
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby HaskaWuga » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:49 am

Things I'll Never Say and Complicated are the stands out from Let Go, though they are not the best..

Hush Hush wasn't my fav from AL album but I grew on me so much lately! Probably one of my fav from the album and from her in general!

When You're Gone is AMAZING :cry: :cry: :cry: Best song on TBDT!

Not expected Push to be this high, I wouldn't place it near my top 10 probably but it's a great song! Completely different for Wish You Were Here! It was really popular here in my country and its still popular! When I talk about Avril, I think my friend constantly think of that song, maybe because it's her most recent big hit here. Either way, when I play Complicated or Girlfriend they'd be like "what song is that? I liked it but I don't know the title". It really deserved it, though, Wish You Were Here is amazing!!
eas•y /ēzē/
HaskaWuga
Manager

Postby Biebz » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:51 am

Push is one of my favourites on GL, it has such a nostalgic feel to it. God I miss listening to GL for the first time :cry:

Wish You Were Here is one of the greatest things Avril has done! It should have been massive! I'm yet to come across a person who doesn't agree that the song should have been a big hit! All my friends loved it in 2011!
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby MrRager » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:39 pm

HaskaWuga wrote:Hush Hush wasn't my fav from AL album but I grew on me so much lately! Probably one of my fav from the album and from her in general!

Not expected Push to be this high, I wouldn't place it near my top 10 probably but it's a great song! Completely different for Wish You Were Here! It was really popular here in my country and its still popular! When I talk about Avril, I think my friend constantly think of that song, maybe because it's her most recent big hit here. Either way, when I play Complicated or Girlfriend they'd be like "what song is that? I liked it but I don't know the title". It really deserved it, though, Wish You Were Here is amazing!!
YAS, Stan for Hush Hush. Easily the best song on AL for me! 8-)

Push is amaing, i love it! Woah was Wish You Were Here THAT big there? :o In stitches at people not knowing Complicated or Girlfriend but knowing Wish You Were Here :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Biebz wrote:Push is one of my favourites on GL, it has such a nostalgic feel to it. God I miss listening to GL for the first time :cry:

Wish You Were Here is one of the greatest things Avril has done! It should have been massive! I'm yet to come across a person who doesn't agree that the song should have been a big hit! All my friends loved it in 2011!
Don't Worry Crush will blow everything she has previously done away!

Exactly. It should have absolutely smashed!! At least it has decent video streams!
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Return to Personal Charts