UKMIX :: Personal Chart of the Year 2016/2017 (Finished)

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby phoenix98 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:50 pm

:o No. 5 is higher than I would've even DARED to hope! Many, many thanks to everyone who voted for me (and to anyone else who's ever checked out my chart!)

Tansike wrote:There goes my #1. Paul's Chart was such a surprise over the past few months, simply because he basically came out of the blue and i immediately fell in love with his personal chart. He's got an awesome taste, even though i'm not familiar with all that K-Pop stuff. But what i really, really appreciate about him is how much time he takes for doing replies on other charts, and also on his own. So no surprise to see him debuting so high, and he's definitely a contender for the top spot the next time if it continues like this.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Akini's iconic. It still boggles my mind that he manages to churn out a daily chart and epic tributes (and run an ongoing game) on top of everything else in his fabulous (and sometimes frazzling) life. I love how his chart can look almost completely different from one day to the next (partially because it makes me feel less alone with mine being so tumultuous too.) It's also the most era-and-genre-spanning chart I've ever come across. I mean, where else can you find Beethoven, Tina Turner, Coolio, Miley Cyrus, and Lindsey Stirling all occupying spots within the same Top 20?
phoenix98
Legend

Postby Phoenixx » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:17 pm

Unbelievable that Akini isn't in the Top-3 for another year :cry:

My votes are:

#1-[200 points] - Akini's Daily Top 20 (JSparksFan) (#04)
#2-[190 points] -
#3-[180 points] - Paulboard Top 30 (phoenix98) (#05)
#4-[170 points] - Cheapthrills' Cheap 20 (cheapthrills) (#21)
#5-[160 points] -
#6-[150 points] - Marat's Weekly Chart (marat2408) (#19)
#7-[140 points] - MusicRecord's Weekly Top 20 (MusicRecords) (#41)
#8-[130 points] - luckyONE's Weekly Charts (luckyONE) (#17)
#9-[120 points] - adg's weekly chart (adg) (#16)
#10-[110 points] - Storyteller's Top 10 (Storyteller) (#18)
#11-[100 points] - Mr Rager's Chart (MrRager) (#06)
#12-[90 points] - Benny's Chart (Benny) (#11)
#13-[80 points] - Biebz' Weekly Top 20 (Biebz) (#27)
#14-[70 points] - Magnus's Top 30 (Magnus) (#08)
#15-[60 points] - Ralphy's Dutch Top 10 & Bubi's Hit(tip)s (RalphyS) (#29)
#16-[50 points] -
#17-[40 points] - trebor's Pulse Country Update 100 - Personal Chart (trebor) (#13)
#18-[30 points] - Vanilla Villa's Personal Charts (VanillaVilla) (#58)
#19-[20 points] - CZB's Chart (CZB) (#22)
#20-[10 points] - Stevyy's Chart (stevyy) (#23)[/quote]
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:54 pm

Even with the influx of K-pop songs this year, Paul's chart was my #1. He's a proud pop fan like myself, and each week his chart reflects that, though he also manages to mix things up with retro offerings, multi-lingual gems, and underground acts I may never have stumbled across otherwise (Terror Jr being the best among those in recent months). The folder (and site) is a better place now that he's returned. <3

As for my chart, it's been my little labour of love these past eight years, and it's tethered me to the site 'til the day either of us ceases to exist. Many thanks to everyone who visits, drops a comment or two, or introduces me to a song that eventually made its way onto the chart. I joined UKMix for chart analysis purposes, and ended up falling in love with the folder where music discovery is at its purest form.

Tansike wrote:Akini's daily chart is legendary, and he's got an awesome taste too, and i really have to admit that i'm surprised to see his chart leaving the Top3 this year as i definitely didn't expect that. He was my #6 this year - i need to check his chart out much more than i do :oops:
Thanks! As for the fall this year, mine's a chart with zero visual appeal, zero levels of consistency, and oftentimes zero levels of present mainstream relevance, so fourth is fine with me. :lol:

phoenix98 wrote:Akini's iconic. It still boggles my mind that he manages to churn out a daily chart and epic tributes (and run an ongoing game) on top of everything else in his fabulous (and sometimes frazzling) life. I love how his chart can look almost completely different from one day to the next (partially because it makes me feel less alone with mine being so tumultuous too.) It's also the most era-and-genre-spanning chart I've ever come across. I mean, where else can you find Beethoven, Tina Turner, Coolio, Miley Cyrus, and Lindsey Stirling all occupying spots within the same Top 20?
Aw, thanks, Paul! <3

I'll venture a guess and say nowhere. :lol: 8-)

Phoenixx wrote:Unbelievable that Akini isn't in the Top-3 for another year :cry:
Oh my, I was your #1? I'm honoured! :D
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Phoenixx » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:21 pm

JSparksFan wrote:
Phoenixx wrote:Unbelievable that Akini isn't in the Top-3 for another year :cry:
Oh my, I was your #1? I'm honoured! :D
Yes. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to boost you to the Top-3 :(
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby Tansike » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:08 am

UKMIX :: Personal Chart of the Year 2016/2017

#3 Freaky Fly Bry's Top 100 (FreakyFlyBry)

No. of voters: 15
Last year's rank: #5
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:57 pm

FreakyFlyBry's chart is a staple in this section and he's got a great taste when it comes to music. Congrats for the Top3 spot!

So... two charts left. Someone likes to do some predictions? :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:49 pm

Bryan's chart is awesome. It's always been one of my favourites, and I'm happy to see him rank so high after all these years. His chart was my #4.

I'm guessing Tansike for #1, and Jake for #2, but either order is fine with me. Both are very deserving finalists.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Phoenixx » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:57 pm

I guess my #02 is #01 and my #05 is #02 :D

My votes are:

#2-[190 points] -
#5-[160 points] -
#16-[50 points] - MrK's Weekly Chart (MisterK) (#43)
#17-[40 points] - trebor's Pulse Country Update 100 - Personal Chart (trebor) (#13)
#20-[10 points] - Stevyy's Chart (stevyy) (#23)
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby Tansike » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:40 pm

UKMIX :: Personal Chart of the Year 2016/2017

#2 JakeP Top 20 (JakeP)

No. of voters: 16
Last year's rank: #14
#1 My Charts (Tansike)

No. of voters: 21
Last year's rank: #1
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:53 pm

First of all, let me thank once again to everyone who voted for this countdown. I really didn't expect that many voters and i'm glad we were able to do this countdown this time as there was none last year. I hope no one minded the 'lazy' designs as i'm really not good in these... :oops:

Second, huge congrats on Jake for having such a (deserved) jump on this years edition! His chart was my #2 this time, i've always not only liked his chart, but also himself. Definitely a very huge part of this section.

Now, last but not least, a huge THANK YOU to everyone who voted for My Charts. This year i basically celebrated ten years of my personal charts and it's still the thing i love the most to do and this section is still my favorite one in this forum. I hope a few people don't mind that i don't have the same time like i used to do in doing replies on other personal charts. I still wish i could do that but it really took way more time than one may expect. Anyways, i still enjoy to read through most of them even if i don't make a reply, and it's always nice to see who likes which songs. It's also nice to get so much love despite having a probably weird taste in music, as my charts has the likes of Nightwish, Tarja and Within Temptation, 'disney' stuff like Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus, but also some charts stuff like Rihanna, GaGa or Katy. Definitely not the mix for everyone, i guess... :oops: I never ever expected this feedback for my charts as it's still something i love to do simply because i love to do it, so yeah, thank you all for that <3
Tansike
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:07 pm

And the contest concludes with two phenomenal charts; Jake's and Tansike's charts were my #2 and #3, respectively.

Jake's I like because there is literally always something new to discover, and sometimes those discoveries go on to chart high on my own chart ("Lost on You," "Scared to Be Lonely," and "Symphony," among others). He will also be damned if he capitalises song titles beyond that crucial first letter, and I respect that.

Tansike's is another chart that I wholly appreciate - I mean, the guy introduced me to "Crystallize," my second most played song this decade. The time he pours into each week's write-up for both single and album lists, the meticulousness with which he responds to every comment, and the fact that he gives a fraction of a rat's tit to make his chart visually appealing makes his chart something truly special. Well-deserved win, with a well-deserved gargantuan margin. Also, double thanks for putting the contest together this year! 8-)
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Phoenixx » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:20 pm

Congratulations to Jake to a wonderful vice-position. Whou would have thought? :)
Also congrats to Tansike who protected his #01 from the last Years 8-)

Now let me finish my list:

#2-[190 points] - My Charts (Tansike) (#01)
#5-[160 points] - JakeP Top 20 (JakeP) (#02)
#16-[50 points] - MrK's Weekly Chart (MisterK) (#43)
#20-[10 points] - Stevyy's Chart (stevyy) (#23)

Finally thanks for the countdown in this year

I really hope that the Personal Chart will be soon as huge as it was a few years ago :-? :(
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby FreakyFlyBry » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:24 pm

Thanks all who voted me #3, I never expected to be THAT high up! :o

And well done Jake and Tansike on the top 2 and everyone else who made it :)
FreakyFlyBry
No Title, No Topic

Postby Blondini » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:27 pm

Could only do a top 5 this time (i do look at more but it would be misleading to call them faves and i couldn't round it off to 10) .

#1-[200 points] Heppolo
#2-[190 points] Magnus
#3-[180 points] FreakyFlyBry
#4-[170 points] MrRager
#5-[160 points] Tdc2000

Thanks for the votes and it's nice to be on the up (even if it's by default).
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby phoenix98 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:55 pm

Huge "CONGRATS!!!" to a totally awesome and undoubtedly deserving Top 2 :D Both are among my favorite charts to visit on a regular basis, and both users leave some of the most thorough and thought-provoking comments I've seen in this section.

Tansike's chart has introduced me to quite a few acts I never would've known otherwise, and often encourages me to step outside my usual genre-bubble (especially with those metal-leaning No. 1's) ;) Jake's chart has helped to highlight quite a few UK hits that I would've totally glossed over otherwise (and even some global hits whose charms I've failed to recognize at first.)

Kudos to everyone who made this list and continues to keep this section active!
phoenix98
Legend

Postby cheapthrills » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:29 pm

Oh wow, I guess I missed all this happening, but congratulations to everyone who made the list, especially those of you in the top five - excellent charts that I enjoy though I admit I ten to lurk on most others' charts and not comment - maybe I should get out more. :)

And thank you to those who voted for me - wasn't even sure anyone was paying attention. :)
Vote for your favorite Christmas songs here and then send your votes in!
My Personal Chart - Cheapthrills' Cheap 20 :)
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby JakeP » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:05 am

OMG! :o

I finally read through all this and can't believe i finished 2nd. Thanks so much to those who awarded me points. :D

Congratulations Tansike on being victorious - was there ever any doubt? :wink: 8-) Plus everyone who creates a chart deserves praise regardless of their rank in this countdown. I've discovered quite a few gems thanks to checking out other charts and that's what i love so much about this forum. <3

Sorry for being late to the party though! :oops: :lol:
JakeP
Manager

Postby JahWomble » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:06 am

A #51 debut was better than I was expecting, so cheers...
Pulling habits out of a rat
JahWomble
Groupie

Return to Personal Charts