The Best of Britney Spears: Top 150 - #1 REVEALED!

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby weare » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:07 am

I think the song from In The Zone has potential to be #1, if not, it could chart high ranking more than other albums.

The flop jean could not happen on earth. :lol:
weare
Superstar

Postby ConstantinosV » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:06 pm

125 passenger
121 liar
126 tik tik boom
134 hot as ice
133 scary

at least these 5 songs desrve better.. a lot better actually
As Mainshow said.. Ukmixers Start Voting NOW The Ukmix Vision Song Contest 2017 Final
ConstantinosV
Personal Assistant

Postby GetBack » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:22 pm

Thank you guys for the comments! Okay, so before I proceed, I must say that I have finally watched Britney live and it was an amazing experience! I cannot believe I already saw her in person. I wrote a small review on the Britney: Live in Concert thread. I hope you guys like it.

120. PRETTY GIRLS (with Iggy Azalea)
In 2015, Britney returned with her first stand-alone single, “Pretty Girls”. Judging by the song and the video, it was not what fans expected her to release at this point in her career. Nevertheless, it was a decent pop tune, which scored her another Top 40 hit in the US. It’s quite to Azalea’s hit “Fancy” and doesn’t stand well with Britney’s other singles although I kinda liked the music video.

119. PERFUME
Taken from: Britney Jean

Co-written by Sia, the ballad was the much-hyped second single Britney talked abut when she made headlines as she opened her Vegas residency. I never really became a huge fan of the song, though there are times that I play it. I still think the other ballads from the album would have made a better second single. It's also a disappointment that the original music video treatment got cut in favor of a lighter version.

118. KILL THE LIGHTS
Taken from: Circus

Tagged as the paparazzo anthem, I felt that “Kill the Lights” was a weak track from the very beginning. I feel that the first two songs from the Circus album (the first two singles from the album) were too strong that “Kill the Lights” automatically turns to filler. "Phonography" or "Quicksand" could have easily replaced this song.

117. PERFECT LOVER
Taken from: Blackout

I recently grew into liking this song. Of all the tracks produced and written by Danja, I think this song is the weakest in Blackout. I still welcome “Outta This World” and “Get Back” (other Danja songs) as better replacements for this standard edition Blackout track.

116. OOH LA LA
Taken from: The Smurfs 2

This song is a cute soundtrack single taken from The Smurfs 2. It’s very reminiscent of Britney’s old songs where she really catered to the young demographic. The pre-hook is so good, it's even better than the chorus. I may not like the song as much but the music video is really adorable. It’s the first time she involved her two boys in her career as a pop star. It was so cute to see Sean Preston and Jayden James appear with her in the music video.
GetBack
Legend

Postby JuanXito » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:20 pm

Britney has so many good songs....
JuanXito
Groupie

Postby GetBack » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:58 pm

115. PRIVATE SHOW
Taken from: Glory

Used as the promo single for the fragrance of the same name, "Private Show" puts Britney's vocals in the forefront. The song generated mixed reviews from fans and critics alike, though it really signaled a change in Britney's usual uptempo-drven catalog. I think it's a good song on the album and it deserved its album placement.

114. (I CAN'T GET NO) SATISFACTION
Taken from: Oops!... I Did It Again

This Rolling Stones cover got a lot of attention when it served as the intro for Britney's controversial "Oops!... I Did It Again" MTV Video Music Awards performance in 2000. I prefer that arrangement of this song, it hits harder and seems to have a lot more energy than the recorded version.

113. (I GOT THAT) BOOM BOOM (featuring Ying Yang Twins)
Taken from: In the Zone

"(I Got That) Boom Boom" was promoted heavily during the initial stretch of In the Zone appearances, to the point that it could have been a single. I never really got to love the song as much as the other tracks from the album, I'm so glad that it never got a single treatment. It's the first official song from Britney to feature guest rap vocals.

112. TROUBLE FOR ME
Taken from: Femme Fatale

"Trouble for Me" has noticeably less vocal effects as compared to majority of Femme Fatale, though it still generates some along the way. It's quite a good dance track that fits the party vibe of the Femme Fatale album.

111. GIRL IN THE MIRROR

When I first bought Oops!... I Did It Again, I thought that this was a standard edition track. The song is very similar to the theme of "Lucky", actually, the international cassette version with the phone call interlude of the guy who calls Britney up and talks about the sad girl who had all the fame and fortune is the intro for "Girl in the Mirror". I only realized later that it's actually an interlude for "Lucky". "Girl in the Mirror" received a lot of radio airplay in radio stations here in the Philippines.
GetBack
Legend

Postby ConstantinosV » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:14 pm

omg it is impossible to rank them rly.. i love so many songs of brit.. <3
As Mainshow said.. Ukmixers Start Voting NOW The Ukmix Vision Song Contest 2017 Final
ConstantinosV
Personal Assistant

Postby GetBack » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:55 pm

110. BRIGHTEST MORNING STAR

The song is actually one of the highlights for me, I think that it trumps a lot of the Britney Jean songs. It could have been the album closer of Britney Jean, it's sounds more like a triumpant version of "My Baby".

109. MANNEQUIN

This is a very experimental track off the Circus record, it has trip hop influences, and sounds edgier than the usual pop dance songs that Britney recorded for the album. The song should have been a major highlight during the Circus tour, it was only performed during select dates.

108. TIL IT's GONE

I think this is the strongest uptempo next to "Work Bitch". It could have worked as a single, too bad the Britney Jean project was really messy and short-lived. The great thing about this song is that Britney's vocals don't drown behind the EDM production, unlike the others where it's EDM all over the place.

107. (DROP DEAD) BEAUTIFUL (featuring Sabi)

I loved this song so much when Femme Fatale was released in 2011. It's very catchy and it stood out right away when I heard the whole album. Lately, I'm not that crazy about it though it was a treat to see this as part of the Femme Fatale tour.

106. THE HOOK UP

This song got Britney to sing in a Jamaican Patois accent. It's a lot different than the dance and house-influenced songs from In the Zone which made me like it right away. I thought that it was single material when I heard the album, I think it's just alright these days.
GetBack
Legend

Postby Instinct » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:09 am

Drop Dead is the worst song on FF so I'm glad to see it didn't make the top 100!
Instinct
Manager

Postby GetBack » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:48 pm

105. SHATTERED GLASS

To be honest, Circus was the first Britney album that didn't really click with me as much, I found it so rushed in time for her comeback. "Shattered" Glass" isn't really that strong compared to the heavyweights that came before. "Womanizer" and "Circus" are both so huge that the album doesn't really bounce back to match up those two.

104. BEFORE THE GOODBYE
Taken from: Britney

"Before the Goodbye" is the first song from the Britney album to appear in my chart. Barely making it in the Top 100, I feel like I wasn't able to appreciate as much. It's a good song but it doesn't flow well with the Britney album at all. It could have been in another album, since there were rumors that Britney experimented a lot during the album sessions for the third era. It appears as a bonus track in some international versions of the album.

103. DON'T KEEP ME WAITING

I really liked this song when the album was released since it was so fresh-sounding compared to the rest of the album. However, I feel that it's a bit misplaced, I think this fits well in Circus for some reason. I feel that it's also stronger than other Femme Fatale tracks to be honest.

102. OOH OOH BABY

The song which leaked as "Fillin' Me Up" has some similarities to "Womanizer" (though "Ooh Ooh Baby" came before it). I feel that the song is kinda empty and they packed it with the repetitive lyrics all throughout. I never really got to like it as much as the other leaked tracks fro the Blackout sessions.

101. LET ME BE

The chorus of "Let Me Be" has a similar pattern or structure to Jennifer Lopez's "Love Don't Cost a Thing" but it doesn't really sound alike. I remember hearing it a lot on TV (it was used in a dance show in a local channel) when I still didn't have the Britney album yet. I will always remember this song for that.
GetBack
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:24 pm

I don't like "Kill the lights" that much, but I disagree with it being a filler. In fact the theme of the song is pretty relevant to what Britney was facing at the time and fits the whole "Circus" theme metaphor. "Womanizer" on the other hand had nothing to do with the theme of "Circus" and doesn't fit with any other song on the album, it was just there because it was catchy.

"(I got that) Boom boom" was not Britney's first song to feature guest rap vocals. It was the "Boys" (Co-ed remix) single which features Pharrell Williams.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby GetBack » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:38 am

MrLeonix wrote:"(I got that) Boom boom" was not Britney's first song to feature guest rap vocals. It was the "Boys" (Co-ed remix) single which features Pharrell Williams.
Wasn't Pharrell singing Britney's second verse?! That's why I didn't consider it as guest rap vocals. :-? :oops:
GetBack
Legend

Postby GetBack » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:11 pm

GetBack
Legend

Postby LiamPayne » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:36 pm

I got that boom boom and Girl in the mirror are ranked way too low. I demand you to listen a few more times and re-do this. :evil:
LiamPayne
Groupie

Postby LiamPayne » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:37 pm

Also, Gimme More is gonna win this. :wink:
LiamPayne
Groupie

Postby Fan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:43 pm

(I Got That) Boom Boom is a tune! Shame to see it this low.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby GetBack » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

100. CAN'T MAKE YOU LOVE ME

We now count down the Top 100 and we begin with "Can't Make You Love Me" from Oops!... I Did It Again. To me, this sounds like a sister of "(You Drive Me) Crazy". It's very catchy and I think it deserved to get some love and promotion as well, but I don't think she has performed it. It's pretty much the standard pop template kind of Max Martin song in the 1990s and 2000s.

099. HEAVEN ON EARTH

I hated this song when I first heard it, I couldn't stand it at all. I remember loathing how it should have been replaced by my favorite leaked track "State of Grace" or "Outta This World" or any bonus track for instance. It grew on me recently, I appreciate it whenever I play Blackout from start to end.

098. DON'T CRY

Majority of Britney Jean failed to make my Top 100. This gets to sneak in because I got into it recently. To be honest, it's very cheesy-sounding, especially the chorus part where it sounds like a Britney track from the 2000s. Of all the ballads, the production for this appealed to me the most. It's definitely single-material over the Sia-penned "Perfume".

097. WHERE ARE YOU NOW

Speaking of Britney in the 2000s, "Where Are You Now" places 97th in my chart. It's a damn shame that Britney's ballads never got to shine as much as her uptempos. "Where Are You Now" is actually a stand-out. Had it been released, it could have been a big international hit. What's great about its addition is that it adds a softer side in the very energetic Oops!.. I Did It Again album, which was packed with Max Martin uptempos.

096. I WILL STILL LOVE YOU (with Don Philip)
Taken from: ...Baby One More Time

"I Will Still Love You" also manages to appear in the Top 100, this is probably one of Britney's most unpopular songs but I really like it. I guess we can say that this is Britney's only pop duet, she never collaborated with any other male singer that can be classified as a vocal duet. I really loved the song and Don Philip is an amazing vocalist. It's just sad that the last time Britney and Don ran into each other was during Don's infamous X-Factor audition where Britney was a judge.
GetBack
Legend

Postby LiamPayne » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:02 pm

Im glad to see these songs go now.
LiamPayne
Groupie

Postby Erotica » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:06 pm

I think Can't make you love me is a great song, sadly it was never released as a single :(
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby britboyphil » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:57 pm

you really have an odd list. Alien is at the bottom. For me it is in my rop 20. I Got That Boom Boom, Hot As Ice, Beautiful are top 40 for me. But I guess, fans have diverse tastes. Im ezxited to see your top 10.

Shattered glass is top 40 for me. I love the beat, melody and vocals.
britboyphil
Manager

Postby GetBack » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:33 pm

095. DEAR DIARY

For fans who bought every Britney album from the start, "Dear Diary" is pretty special since it's the very first time fans see Britney in the songwriting credits. The song is a cute bubblegum pop ballad, I also see it as something single-worthy, it's very reminiscent of teen bubblegum pop songs from the eighties based on its arrangement. The song's lyrics appear in the album using Britney's actual handwriting.

A page of the Oops!... I Did It Again booklet with the lyrics of "Dear Diary" using Britney's actual handwriting.
094. LOVE ME DOWN
Taken from: Glory

"Love Me Down" is the final song recorded for the Glory album, it was a last minute recording as Britney's A&R Karen Kwak got in touch with songwriter Jesse Saint John, who co-wrote the song. The song is a huge favorite of mine, but somehow, it got less replay value to me over the past year. Compared to many Britney songs of the past, this song is written by a really big fan of Britney, as Jesse confessed that as young as 10 years old, he was able to catch Britney live in concert during the Oops!... I Did It Again tour. It's just amazing to note how someone who experienced Britney's success is now being part of the career she has built for 20 years.

093. I WANNA GO

For some weird reason, a lot of the first songs that click to me when I listen to a Britney album get old. That's the case for "I Wanna Go", the third single off Femme Fatale. I remember liking it over all the other songs ("Hold It Against Me" and "Till the World Ends" were already pop perfection to me as they were released at the time) and I have rooted for "I Wanna Go" to be the next single, which happened. The song made Femme Fatale Britney's first album to have 3 Top 10 Hot 100 hits, something that is so unusual considering how popular Britney's songs are. The best thing about this is the music video, I like that it showed Britney in her element, to be quite frank, she kinda looked a little tired in the earlier Femme Fatale videos.

Britney in the opening sequence for the "I Wanna Go" music video.
092. EARLY MORNIN'

The Moby-penned "Early Mornin'" wasn't that much of a favorite back in the day, it's still not my favorite today, but it already grew on me. To me, it really fits the drunk-after-clubbing-and-after-sex-party" theme of In the Zone. Britney's early morning sounding voice and coos are perfection. Even her yawning in the song is so sexy.

091. WHEN YOUR EYES SAY IT

I didn't like this song at all when I first listened to the Oops!... I Did It Again album. I felt that it's so out of place, maybe it's because as a kid, it sounded so different than the usual pop ballads. There were rumors that this was going to be the fifth single, but despite being a Diane Warren-penned track, I highly doubt that, since it's really a weak single if given the promo treatment. Britney's former assistant Felicia Culotta also dispelled the rumors about that after she replied to a fan on FaceBook sometime in 2015.

A screenshot of the reply of Britney's former assistant Felicia Culotta to a fan who asked about "When Your Eyes Say It".
GetBack
Legend

Postby LiamPayne » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:37 pm

No.93 Love Me Down :lol:
LiamPayne
Groupie

Postby ConstantinosV » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:41 am

some songs i love are put sooo low.. but ok it is GetBack's opinion i cannot change it. I just feel like they deserve better
ConstantinosV
Personal Assistant

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:48 am

Some songs are too low.

"Early mornin" is for real one of the most underrated stuff she's ever done, brilliant dark and experimental tune.

"When your eyes say it" is the most refined song she did during her first two albums.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby GetBack » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:58 pm

090. SODA POP
Taken from: ...Baby One More Time

This might come as a surprise but this song grew on me a lot when I listened to the song again. I never really liked it when the album came out in 1999 (I had a cassette tape and I would fast forward it a lot just to listen to "Born to Make You Happy" and "From the Bottom of My Broken Heart") since this song was sandwiched in between those two and the first three singles.

089. WHAT U SEE (IS WHAT U GET)

I will forever associate this song with a childhood friend of mine who bought a cassette tape of Oops!... I Did It Again before I did. I like that it has that "Oops!... I Did It Again" sounding production which was common in Britney's first eras. She also performed this in the Oops!... I Did It Again tour.

088. OUTRAGEOUS

I rooted for this to be a single when I first heard the album, I love the infectious sound of the instrumental with the beats, it sounded like a Britney version of "Thoia Thoing". The song was written by R. Kelly (he can be heard in the background). I still think that he should have been properly featured. The song will forever haunt Britney fans as the video shoot for this eventually got cancelled after Britney injured her knee during the dance breakdown scene. A short clip can be found in the My Prerogative: Greatest Hits DVD.

Britney encounters an accident while shooting the music video for "Outrageous".
087. BOMBASTIC LOVE

I really adored this song when the Britney album came out. It sounds a bit similar to P!nk's "Most Girls" which I also loved at the time. The song is the background intro used in the original music video for "Overprotected". There are a lot of rumors behind this song. One of them was that JIVE Records wanted this to be a single (which Britney was totally not in favor of) and that it was going to be one of the main songs from the Crossroads movie.

086. WHY SHOULD I BE SAD

This song which serves as the closing track is the closest thing to a ballad in the uptempo-filled Blackout album. I disliked it a lot when it came out, I felt that it was so out of place (since it talks about heartbreak in a very gloomy production) but I started to like it lately because (aside from "Piece of Me") it speaks so much about Britney's personal life. I feel that it is about songs like these that actually give us a glimpse of what she has to say (despite not being a songwriter) since the song tells a lot of things about her personal experiences as being narrated in the song.
GetBack
Legend

Postby LiamPayne » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:39 am

What You See Is What You Get and Bombastic Love are not in Top 50? Im very disappointed :lol: :lol:
LiamPayne
Groupie

Return to Personal Charts